Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 01-18-19, 08:48 AM
Varsity

Unlimited Potential is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribefan23 View Post
^^^^^^^ Is this Chet's burner account?? I guess we all needed a full blown biography on the guy lmao. A lot of pretty ignorant comments about Flan and Kwas in here, assuming that because these guys didn't "grow up in the hood" that they aren't successful and "don't know the struggle." Cmon now. Grow up
Let's clarify; success is not measured by ones circumstances, but what one does with their circumstances. All 3 are successful; 2 of them humble.

Perhaps one day I can "grow up" to your level of ethnocentrism.
Old 01-18-19, 11:01 AM
All Ohio

tribefan23 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlimited Potential View Post
Let's clarify; success is not measured by ones circumstances, but what one does with their circumstances. All 3 are successful; 2 of them humble.

Perhaps one day I can "grow up" to your level of ethnocentrism.
So Flannery and Kwas can never be successful in your eyes because they were "born with a silver spoon in their mouths" as you put it, no matter how many state titles they win, how many kids they get into college, team GPA, etc. Got it.

Sorry but when measuring the success of coaches at any level (HS, college, pros), no one is looking at where the coach grew up, went to HS, etc. They are looking at player development and success. The bottom line is that Flan and Kwas have got it done in big games. Chet hasnt yet. Not saying he never will. Everyone in this thread (besides you and brusharc homer) are waiting to see it actually happen.......

Get out of districts and earn respect. Don't cry about "being born in the hood" or whatever other excuse you want to give. There are plenty of "urban publics" with coaches that "came from nothing" that make it to regionals and states every year. The excuses you keep giving are laughable. Garfield Hts has been a staple in district finals, regionals and even 2 state appearances over the last half decade to decade or so. What's their excuse? They get the same kinds of kids that Brush does (I know Sonny recruits, but the point still stands).

I'm rooting for Brush to be able to put it all together this year and make a run. Hopefully this is the year that Chet can motivate and push this group to make a run in March. If he gets out of the meatgrinder that is their district (mentor, cle hts, solon, etc) then I think they should be the favorite to get to Columbus.
Old 01-18-19, 09:22 PM
All District

brusharc1986 is on a distinguished road
Nice little evening for Coach Mason and the boys and me personally. The Arcs got a tough road win tonight at upstart Willoughby South and I had myself a nice little pastrami sandwich from Manhattan Deli.
Old 01-19-19, 11:53 AM
Varsity

vikings4life is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by brusharc1986 View Post
Nice little evening for Coach Mason and the boys and me personally. The Arcs got a tough road win tonight at upstart Willoughby South and I had myself a nice little pastrami sandwich from Manhattan Deli.
They are underrated because they never win anything.
Old 01-19-19, 05:31 PM
All World

Bball216 is an unknown quantity at this point
Why is Brush the only NE Ohio team that is backing out of this weekends hoops tournament ? Looks like Garfield and Cleveland Heights still have games that are on.
Old 01-19-19, 09:29 PM
All Yappi

cardzfan1234 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bball216 View Post
Why is Brush the only NE Ohio team that is backing out of this weekends hoops tournament ? Looks like Garfield and Cleveland Heights still have games that are on.

Sonny runs the show. He gets what he wants. Clearly the admin at Brush feels differently. Both Brush and Garfield are scheduled for tomorrow, with Brush starting earlier. To be fair though, Cleveland Heights doesnít play until Monday. Roads should be better by then.
Old 01-19-19, 11:39 PM
All District

brusharc1986 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardzfan1234 View Post
Sonny runs the show. He gets what he wants. Clearly the admin at Brush feels differently. Both Brush and Garfield are scheduled for tomorrow, with Brush starting earlier. To be fair though, Cleveland Heights doesnít play until Monday. Roads should be better by then.
Thank you Cardz for being a dose of reality back to BBALL. His sick obsession with disparaging Brush goes back to some kind of vendetta he has against Coach Mason. It is refreshing that real posters like yourself can see right through his tired act of piling on a guy that has done great things in our local community. Sure, you wonít see him bragging about every little thing he does because being humble is part of who Coach Mason is. He is a leader in so many other ways than just regurgitating quotes off a $.99 daily calendar you can get at your local Marcís grocery store.
Old 01-19-19, 11:45 PM
Varsity

vikings4life is an unknown quantity at this point
When will Brush and Mason win something?