Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Wrestling

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 01-13-19, 10:09 PM
All Yappi

bucksman will become famous soon enough
No. 35 Brecksville at No. 30 Wadsworth - Thursday 1/17

I have heard both a 6:00 and 7:00 start for the varsity match.

Both teams are nationally ranked by InterMat (see numbers above). Both teams are top five in the state for Division I (and regardless of division)

Previous years results:
2016 (at Cuyahoga Falls) - Wadsworth 28 Brecksville 22 (8-6 W)
2017 (at Wadsworth) - Wadsworth 31 Brecksville 29 (7-7)
2018 (at Brecksville) - Brecksville 28 Wadsworth 25 (8-6 B)

These are the projected lineups -- assuming no movement
106: Pito Castro (B) vs. Mason Brugh (W) - both freshmen who were third at JH state last year
113: Jack Stanley (B) vs. Mikey Lewarchik (W) - Stanley placed at state, Lewarchik was a qualifier, Stanley won both the dual and league tournament match last year
120: Cole Kowatch (B) vs. Landen Hacker (W) - Hacker is a returning state placer
126: Jimmy Carmany (B) vs. Hunter Griffin (W) - Carmany placed at state last year, Griffin was 2-2 at district
132: James Bronstrup (B) vs. Logan Scandlon (W) - both wrestlers are sophomores, Bronstrup placed 8th at Brecksville
138: Marco Regalbuto (B) vs. Luke Baughman (W) - both wrestlers are nationally ranked and two-time state placers; each wrestler has beaten multiple nationally ranked opponents this season
145: Nick Campbell (B) vs. Michael North (W) - North is nationally ranked and a two-time state placer
152: Victor Voinovich (B) vs. Logan Messer (W) - Voinovich is nationally ranked and a returning state champion, while Messer placed at state last year
160: Anthony Rizzo/Isaac Sell (B) vs. Jeff Buckland/Logan Shiarla (W)
170: Rizzo/Sell (B) vs. Dominic Loparo (W) - Loparo is a returning state qualifier, and has titles at North Canton and Medina on the season
182: Ben Vanadia (B) vs. Jonathan List (W) - both wrestlers are sophomores, who went 0-2 at the state tournament down three weight classes at 152
195: Ethan Hatcher (B) vs. Jamien Jackson (W) - Hatcher is a two-time state qualifier, who has went two-and-out both times; but has placed at Ironman, Beast, and Brecksville this season.
220: TBD vs. Mason Beal (W)
285: Ryan Stadler (B) vs. Zach Linn (W)
Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-19, 10:11 PM
All Yappi

Don't be surprised to see some lineup shifting by both teams to either create an extra win or to make the projected number of wins over a couple of weights easier to happen.
Old 01-13-19, 10:36 PM
All Region

GWF is on a distinguished road
Jacob Walsh JH 7th has been wrestling 160 lately for Wadsworth. I would think Griffin at 120 and bump Hacker to 126 would make sense. Also, Walsh at 145, bump North and Messer to 152 and 160.
Old 01-14-19, 11:34 PM
Freshman

Clark Kent is on a distinguished road
Just got off phone with Spencer Lee he seems to think changing lineups wonít matter that much
Old 01-14-19, 11:49 PM
Freshman

petec103 is on a distinguished road
question

I am sure that I am "late to the party" with this... but, what happened to the Tagg brother's from Brecksville?
Old 01-15-19, 12:33 AM
All American

darthmalice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by petec103 View Post
I am sure that I am "late to the party" with this... but, what happened to the Tagg brother's from Brecksville?
Colorado( Olympic training facility).
Old 01-16-19, 03:32 PM
All Region

Brecksville did a live stream for this match last year. Will there be a live stream this year?
Old 01-17-19, 03:30 PM
All Region

On paper this match looks really close. We all know how that goes. Of the matches Iím confident of a favorite, I have Brecksville winning 5 to Wadsworth's 3. The rest Iím not familiar enough with Brecksvilleís wrestlers or are toss up matches. Also, shuffling of line ups could play a big role. Boro, Bucksman, any thoughts on how this dual will play out?
Old 01-17-19, 03:36 PM
All Yappi

Boro Fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWF View Post
On paper this match looks really close. We all know how that goes. Of the matches Iím confident of a favorite, I have Brecksville winning 5 to Wadsworth's 3. The rest Iím not familiar enough with Brecksvilleís wrestlers or are toss up matches. Also, shuffling of line ups could play a big role. Boro, Bucksman, any thoughts on how this dual will play out?
Based on their regular lineups, I had Brecksville winning by 2 or 3, but Iím guessing we will see some lineup shifting. I donít think either team breaks 30 points again this year.
Old 01-17-19, 09:06 PM
All District

doyourbest is on a distinguished road
great matchs brecksville win /baughman/regebuto great match marco wins
Old 01-17-19, 10:47 PM
All Yappi

FINAL: Brecksville 38 Wadsworth 22 (8-6 matches)

Brecksville had basically everything go right for them on the night and Wadsworth didn't, and that's even with Wadsworth winning the pre-match coin toss to potentially create matchups they wanted.

106 - Brugh got the 7-1 decision to start things for the Grizzlies. Reversal to the back in the first, takedown in the third, couldn't stretch it to the major. Castro looked like he hadn't wrestled in December.

113 - Stanley got the 4-1 win. I thought Lewarchik wrestled well, but Stanley won the key positions of the bout. 3-3 tied.

120 - Hacker needed a significant third period surge to get the 13-5 major over Kowatch. Wadsworth was hoping for much more than that (i.e. pin or tech)

126 - Carmany got the 18-3 tech over Griffin. Two takedowns in the first and second periods each. One takedown and multiple turns in the third for the tech at 5:40

132 - Bronstrup got the 16-1 tech over Scandlon. Takedown and two turns in the first, two takedowns in the second with a second stalling thrown in there, third stalling and a takedown in the early third to secure the tech.

138 - Regalbuto beat Baughman 9-5. Baughman got the first takedown, it was quick but correct. Regalbuto reversed off the bat and Baughman escaped before the first period was over for a 3-2 lead. Regalbuto escaped and got a quick takedown out of a scramble, with Baughman then escaping to make it 5-4 Regalbuto after two. Regalbuto let Baughman staight up to start the third. Then off a Baughman shot, Regalbuto countered to a takedown and near falls for the 9-5 win. In the first two periods, Baughman did have many deep shots, but couldn't finish, though some of that was in positions Regalbuto kind of works from for counters. Rematch could go either way.

145 - North got the pin mid 2nd period. It was going to be a tech if not the pin.

152 - Voinovich got the pin against Walsh early second period. Wadsworth moved Messer out of this match hoping to damage control here and get bonus at 160.

160 - Well, uh, that did not happen. Scoreless first period in Messer/Rizzo, which was not in the Wadsworth script. Messer got a technical point for Rizzo locking hands and escape to start the second. Rizzo then hit a toss/throw type move at the edge of the mat for a takedown and three backs, I thought it was a quick five-count. Messer got an escape then a takedown in the later half of the second, but Rizzo escaped before that period was done. Third period was weirdly managed by Messer, but Rizzo escapes/gets cut loose for a 7-5 lead. Messer then gets a takedown into a merkle type turn for the 10-7 win. A win for Messer on the scoreboard, but a win for Brecksville in the dual.

170 - Loparo opens the match with a takedown against Osicka. Osicka gets the reversal, then Loparo reversed Osicka to his back when he got caught high in his crab type of ride. 6-2 after one. Loparo chose down in the second, got ridden out, but scored a penalty point for Osicka unnecessary roughness. Osicka chose top in the third and rode out Loparo. Wadsworth wins the match, but Brecksville wins bigger picture.

At this point it's 22-19 Brecksville, 5-5 in matches.

182 - Vanadia totally dominates List and puts it into the basically over range. Final was 13-3, six takedowns to none.

195 - At 26-19 with Brecksville having to present first, they present Hatcher, and I'm surprised Wadsworth put out their backup knowing they needed not to get pinned to have any shot (if the dual score was closer, that would have been the right strategy though). Hatcher gets the pin at 1:07 off his second takedown to clinch the dual.

220 - Jackson of Wadsworth, the starting 195, who is basically a backup 182 in terms of weight gets the decision over Sell. Final score 12-6. Sell was beaten out for both 160/170 and weighed-in barely over the 182 threshold.

285 - Stalder of Brecksville got the pin at the 4:13 mark. Scoreless first period, Stadler escaped in the second. Linn chose down in the third and was stacked for the fall right off the bat.
Old 01-18-19, 09:56 AM
All American

eliwes is on a distinguished road
good report. thanks
Old 01-18-19, 12:37 PM
Junior Varsity

mcjab is on a distinguished road
link to video of entire dual meet produced by Wadsworth Community Television
https://my.viebit.com/player.php?hash=QOgaHHEh72WX