Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Debate Forum

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 03-20-14, 12:48 PM
All Yappi

TigerPaw is on a distinguished road
Lol. Where the **** do you get your news??? You have been on a real tear lately butchering facts, even for you.

And you print money to keep inflation down? Thats a new one.
Old 03-20-14, 12:49 PM
Proud Soldier's Dad

MOUNT-UNION82 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerPaw View Post
Lol. Where the **** do you get your news??? You have been on a real tear lately butchering facts.

And you print money to keep inflation down? Thats a new one.
I think he meant to keep interest rates down.
Old 03-20-14, 12:53 PM
All Yappi

TigerPaw is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOUNT-UNION82 View Post
I think he's losing it.
Old 03-20-14, 01:38 PM
All Yappi

SLCDad
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCDad View Post
Obama's accomplishments are not the point. His fat government and welfare state policies are the problem. This country did not become great through big government and handouts. The country became great due to liberty, limited government and hard work. Obama's policies promote the opposite.
I need to add something to my post.

This country also became great through the grace and blessings of God. God has blessed this land exceedingly. When our nation turns away from God, His blessings will be withdrawn. We are moving in that direction.
Old 03-20-14, 02:14 PM
Cooling Off

Slide-by is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerPaw View Post
That must be why the Dow doubled up, corp. profits are all-time high, created more private jobs, and fewer public jobs. I dont know what you knuckleheads are doing wrong maybe its your business smarts.
More government jobs have been created than private. By far. Do you really believe that with the TRUE unemployment rate we have that there are more jobs "created"?

I watched a graph of the DOW while Barry's grandma Yellen was speaking yesterday... the more she talked, the more it dropped.
Old 03-20-14, 03:25 PM
All Yappi

SWMCinci is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOUNT-UNION82 View Post
I did mean interest rates, not sure why I said inflation, that puppy is sailing now.
Old 03-20-14, 04:00 PM
All Ohio

creek44 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCDad View Post
I need to add something to my post.

This country also became great through the grace and blessings of God. God has blessed this land exceedingly. When our nation turns away from God, His blessings will be withdrawn. We are moving in that direction.
The American Indian would likely disagree about God's blessing this land, unless their dying from European diseases, starving, having their lands taken and being shot are considered "blessings".

Hard work certainly makes a great sound bite to argue greatness. It probably helped us much more to have abundant resources, a democratic single central government to drive things like our transportation network and a standard currency, and major oceans to protect us from foreign invaders.
Old 03-20-14, 05:34 PM
Cooling Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by creek44 View Post
The American Indian would likely disagree about God's blessing this land, unless their dying from European diseases, starving, having their lands taken and being shot are considered "blessings".

Hard work certainly makes a great sound bite to argue greatness. It probably helped us much more to have abundant resources, a democratic single central government to drive things like our transportation network and a standard currency, and major oceans to protect us from foreign invaders.
Russia for example has all of that. But the government has held them back for decades. See how that works?
Old 03-20-14, 07:06 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slide-by View Post
Russia for example has all of that. But the government has held them back for decades. See how that works?
Huh. I don't see it.

Y'all were saying that Putin is a better leader than our own in another thread.
Old 03-20-14, 08:00 PM
Cooling Off

Quote:
Huh. I don't see it.

Russia never had any natural resources???? Are you out of your mind? They could have taken the industrial revolution kind of turn. But hey, for the past 100 years or so they had strangling control by the government. You know, the gov controlled everything from agriculture to industry to entertainment. Ours didn't and we prospered. How'd that work out for them? How anybody thinks that a few people are smarter and should control millions of other people is well... retarted.

And Putin so far has made your leader look like the complete incompetent jack wagon he is. He gains in respect and we drop continually. Our Allies have made it pretty clear we're not as tight as we once were. Your leader was warned, and now we have problems all over.

BTW, Fortune Magazine came out with it's "Top World Leaders" today. No American elected officials are on it. Imagine that.
Old 03-20-14, 08:32 PM
All Ohio

He's your leader too, Slide.

Suck it up or move to Russia.
Old 03-21-14, 10:25 PM
Go Irish

NDXUFan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
He's your leader too, Slide.

Suck it up or move to Russia.
ND:

Remember all of the liberals who promised to move to Europe?
Old 03-21-14, 10:31 PM
Go Irish

Quote:

ND:

The Indians killed the white man and the white man killed the Indians, and the Indians killed each other. Many white settlers died from Indian disease, as you have to realize biology works both ways. A virus does not discriminate between an Indian and a white man. History is more complex than the liberal party line. Tell me how government liberalism has worked out for the Indians?
Old 03-21-14, 10:45 PM
All Ohio

The white man would have avoided Indian diseases completely if he had not invaded the Indian's lands. And, let's not kid ourselves. Gunpowder, smallpox and alcohol proved to be far superior to arrows for sheer carnage inflicted.

God's "blessings" for one person always seem to come at another person's expense.

Why is that?
Old 03-21-14, 11:13 PM
Cooling Off

Quote:
The white man would have avoided Indian diseases completely if he had not invaded the Indian's lands. And, let's not kid ourselves. Gunpowder, smallpox and alcohol proved to be far superior to arrows for sheer carnage inflicted.

God's "blessings" for one person always seem to come at another person's expense.

Why is that?
Every race has conquered at some point.
Old 03-22-14, 02:17 AM
Go Irish

Quote:

Why is that?
ND:

Everything in this life has costs and benefits. It is absurd to think we can do something about what happened many, many years ago. It is also absurd to think that only the White man is with sin and every other culture is pristine. I am curious, Creek, to make up for the sins of the past, would you be willing to give up the land that you have and give it to an Indian family?
Old 03-22-14, 02:19 AM
Go Irish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slide-by View Post
Every race has conquered at some point.

ND:

Correct and every race has been in slavery at some point and time, as well.
Old 03-22-14, 02:21 AM
Go Irish

Quote:
Huh. I don't see it.

ND:

Russia has been held back by government policies for many years.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: