Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Debate Forum

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 03-13-14, 08:41 PM
All World

noonereal is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawg-pound View Post
Maybe some do work for themselves but they can't be working too hard based on the Yappi hours that are being logged.
The hardest I ever worked was 16 hour days under the summer sun unprotected tending to crops on my hands and knees exempt from minimum wage and Ot laws. Serious hard work. Take that to the bank.

I made top 1% money with the least sweat of any job I ever had. It's as much a past time as an income producing venture.

I find this is generally the norm here in modern America.
Old 03-13-14, 08:46 PM
All World

Quote:
The employee/employer relationship is a give and take with both giving and both taking.
Bullship

It's a slave/slave owner relationship.
Old 03-13-14, 08:48 PM
All American

dawg-pound is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
The hardest I ever worked was 16 hour days under the summer sun unprotected tending to crops on my hands and knees exempt from minimum wage and Ot laws. Serious hard work. Take that to the bank.

I made top 1% money with the least sweat of any job I ever had. It's as much a past time as an income producing venture.

Are you an illegal immigrant?

Congratulations on you more recent success. Maybe it is time to hire a couple of the Yappi regulars to help in your income producing venture. They will only put in 8 hours but will expect that you pay them for the three hours a day that they are on Yappi.
Old 03-13-14, 08:51 PM
All Ohio

creek44 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Over the last 6-7 years. I'm not very bright so I will let you do the breakdown on how many per year that is.
A person confessing to be not very bright, should perhaps not be judging the output of others.

Perhaps you're just not as fast or as efficient as these other posters.
Old 03-13-14, 08:53 PM
All American

Quote:
Bullship

Strangely I was always rewarded for hard work and making my employers more money. The employees that I have employed who are good at what they do and go above and beyond always benefited when I did. Give and take. Employers need good employees and employees need good employers. Sounds like you have chosen to work for bad employers.
Old 03-13-14, 08:55 PM
All World

Quote:
Are you an illegal immigrant?

Congratulations on you more recent success. Maybe it is time to hire a couple of the Yappi regulars to help in your income producing venture. They will only put in 8 hours but will expect that you pay them for the three hours a day that they are on Yappi.
You did not read my posts closely. I expect a fair days work for a fair days pay. I expect no less or no more.

This concept seems hard for you to understand.

Free yourself dude:

Old 03-13-14, 08:56 PM
All Yappi

SWMCinci is on a distinguished road
Quote:

My 1st adult job was as a commercial roofer, hot miserable mind-numbing labor, for minimum wage when minimum wage was $1.75 hr. After serving in the USAF and working my way up through industry, I make about 70X that amount with less physical labor but much more mental labor and my decisions affect the lives of several hundred families. Anyone can be a roofer, not everyone can handle my current job, that's why there's a pay difference.
Old 03-13-14, 08:57 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by creek44 View Post
A person confessing to be not very bright, should perhaps not be judging the output of others.

Perhaps you're just not as fast or as efficient as these other posters.
It is known as being humble...you should try it sometime. I do not find the need to exert a complex of superiority as some do on here.
Old 03-13-14, 09:02 PM
All World

Quote:
Strangely I was always rewarded for hard work and making my employers more money. The employees that I have employed who are good at what they do and go above and beyond always benefited when I did. Give and take. Employers need good employees and employees need good employers. Sounds like you have chosen to work for bad employers.
Glad your owner treats you well.
Old 03-13-14, 09:02 PM
All Yappi

SWMCinci is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Bullship

Go buy a clue, people like you minimize the actual institution that slavery was. If working for someone and being paid to do that, receiving bonuses and stock options, 2 or more weeks off with pay, 12 federal holidays, weekends off and sick-time accruals is slavery to you - then we fought a civil war for nothing, African Americans were completely screwed by being freed.
Old 03-13-14, 09:04 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
I do not find the need to exert a complex of superiority as some do on here.
You do seem to find the need to judge the output of others without knowing who they are or what they do.

??
Old 03-13-14, 09:09 PM
All American

Quote:
You do seem to find the need to judge the output of others without knowing who they are or what they do.

??
Please explain. I mention the obvious by looking at the posting stats displayed by each posters name. How is that judging?

Sorry if I hit close to home for some.
Old 03-13-14, 09:11 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWMCinci View Post
Go buy a clue, people like you minimize the actual institution that slavery was. If working for someone and being paid to do that, receiving bonuses and stock options, 2 or more weeks off with pay, 12 federal holidays, weekends off and sick-time accruals is slavery to you - then we fought a civil war for nothing, African Americans were completely screwed by being freed.
Be happy brother with your two weeks off.

12 federal holiday? lol there are only 10 dude and they are not just what they say, federal holidays

Not many working folks get Columbus day off for example.

Weekends off? It's 2014. Few have weekends off.

Sick days are rationed.

Delusional you are good at.
Old 03-13-14, 09:12 PM
All American

Quote:
Glad your owner treats you well.
Assumptions make you look weak. I have never mentioned on here what I do for a living and therefore you have no idea if I have an owner or if I am an owner. Then again reality and facts seem to escape you for the most part.
Old 03-13-14, 09:17 PM
All World

Quote:
My 1st adult job was as a commercial roofer, hot miserable mind-numbing labor, for minimum wage when minimum wage was $1.75 hr. After serving in the USAF and working my way up through industry, I make about 70X that amount with less physical labor but much more mental labor and my decisions affect the lives of several hundred families. Anyone can be a roofer, not everyone can handle my current job, that's why there's a pay difference.
Bullcrap

What the heck is it you do that a roofer cannot?

what arrogance and self serving ego feeding garbage.

Give most anyone an opportunity and watch what happens.
Old 03-13-14, 09:18 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Please explain. I mention the obvious by looking at the posting stats displayed by each posters name. How is that judging?

Sorry if I hit close to home for some.
So says the 1200 post dawg-pound.

Pot...Kettle. Kettle... meet pot.
Old 03-13-14, 09:19 PM
All World

Quote:
Assumptions make you look weak. I have never mentioned on here what I do for a living and therefore you have no idea if I have an owner or if I am an owner. Then again reality and facts seem to escape you for the most part.
I know you post as a prisoner of the system.
Old 03-13-14, 09:27 PM
All American

Quote:
So says the 1200 post dawg-pound.

Pot...Kettle. Kettle... meet pot.
You obviously want to redirect based on the fact that in your mind I must make just as many posts as others when in reality the 1200 works out to a lower average per day than does your total. Again I am not bright but your average is .62 posts per day...but that is not the point. I can post as often as I would like since I am not whining about how much I should be paid by my employer while I am posting. See my first post did not name names or point fingers but the two who have gone on the attack appear to be feeling guilty. You can remedy your guilt by giving part of your paycheck back to your employer.
Old 03-13-14, 09:31 PM
All American

Quote:
I know you post as a prisoner of the system.
You really got me there.

Lines like that were popular in the 60's. I am glad the man is not keeping you down. Rise up on Yappi and make a statement
Old 03-13-14, 09:38 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
I can post as often as I would like since I am not whining about how much I should be paid by my employer while I am posting.

I don't recall whining about my pay either. I feel very fortunate in my job.

Perhaps you didn't start reading this thread at the beginning? It's about people at the bottom being labeled as "managers" so their employer can avoid paying them overtime. I don't recall a single post by anyone in this thread complaining about their own pay.
Old 03-13-14, 09:46 PM
All American

Quote:
Your employer should put you back in your kennel.

I don't recall whining about my pay either. I feel very fortunate in my job. My boss pays me for what I accomplish. I don't work on a clock.

Perhaps you didn't start reading this thread at the beginning?
For the third and final time I did not mention you. You jumped to that conclusion on your own.

Go back and read my original comment which is a legitimate point when discussing others comments about never doing anything extra that is not paid for by the employer. If that is the position that one takes then it is ironic because I do not know of any employee including myself who has not conducted personal business while at work. When that happens I don't know of any employee who gave wages back to their employer. It is give and take as stated previously.
Old 03-13-14, 10:11 PM
All Ohio

Dawg-pound - I really don't understand what you're saying.

You don't want anyone to post on Yappi while at work? Is that it?

I suspect most of our bosses are more interested in what we produce than how long our butt is in the office seat. How is a quick post on Yappi any different than a quick trip to the water cooler or a smoke break?
Old 03-13-14, 10:14 PM
All Ohio

If you're talking about giving an employer a fair day's work before expecting a fair day's pay, then that is reasonable.

Our integrity matters.
Old 03-14-14, 04:33 AM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
I'm where I am at today because I took the initiative to stay late and make sure that my work was completed as needed or to do the extra thing that added more value to my projects. It also gave me the flexibility to do new things that added experience and responsibility to my job role.

Now, an employer will have to tell someone trying to prove and improve themselves that they can't, that they have to go home. The company can't afford to have employees trying to make things better and to show what they can do.

Obama is destroying the initiative and work ethic that made us the world's superpower. What a failure as a President. He's making Carter look like Washington.
Your closing lines are quite a stretch. I guess the bottom line is that individuals will have to distinguish themselves by quality of work, not quantity of time logged ?

Overtime, although sometimes used that way, is not intended to be a money grab. It should be viewed as a punitive measure to encourage the hiring of more employees.

If this is balanced with changes that make it easier to let bums go, it is a very good thing.

You anti-ACA guys realize that this may well increase the size of some companies to the point where they have to participate a little more fully in the new health insurance scheme......
Old 03-14-14, 07:44 AM
All Yappi

TigerPaw is on a distinguished road
Why dont employers just redesignate ALL hourly employers as salary and schedule them however they want? The market will sort it out. That would eliminate overtime, reduce employment, and help make wages more competitive. Hopefully that is on the GOP platform. While at it, may as well reduce the age on child labor laws. I also dont think companies should be "forced" to provide safety guards, protection, or first aid. Thats not capitalism that is communism.
Old 03-14-14, 07:55 AM
Proud Soldier's Dad

MOUNT-UNION82 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerPaw View Post
Why dont employers just redesignate ALL hourly employers as salary and schedule them however they want? The market will sort it out. That would eliminate overtime, reduce employment, and help make wages more competitive. Hopefully that is on the GOP platform. While at it, may as well reduce the age on child labor laws. I also dont think companies should be "forced" to provide safety guards, protection, or first aid. Thats not capitalism that is communism.
Who is suggesting any of those things?
Old 03-14-14, 09:27 AM
All Yappi

TigerPaw is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOUNT-UNION82 View Post
Who is suggesting any of those things?
Me. Agree or disagree?

Bush gutted OT in the 04 bill and Obama is restoring OT in this bill. I assume you agree with Bush right? And I assume that is based on free market principles? If I am wrong please set the record straight.
Old 03-14-14, 10:37 AM
All World

Here is a challenge to all those who think the poor are lazy. Increase what you pay your minimum wage employee to $25 dollars an hours and watch what happens.

It's about opportunity. All of us are pretty much the same and a roofer is generally just as ready to run a small company if the opportunity is given.
Old 03-14-14, 11:02 AM
All American

Con_Alma is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Here is a challenge to all those who think the poor are lazy. Increase what you pay your minimum wage employee to $25 dollars an hours and watch what happens.

It's about opportunity. All of us are pretty much the same and a roofer is generally just as ready to run a small company if the opportunity is given.
Some of what would happen would be those that are not in the workplace like upper middle class, educated, stay at home moms would find value in returning to the workforce and come in and start filling and taking away some jobs from folks that don't have the credentials of the new workers.

Increasing minimum wage isn't the saving grace that people think it would be.
Old 03-14-14, 11:59 AM
All Yappi

Termite2 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerPaw View Post
Me. Agree or disagree?

Bush gutted OT in the 04 bill and Obama is restoring OT in this bill. I assume you agree with Bush right? And I assume that is based on free market principles? If I am wrong please set the record straight.

Bush gutted the OT in the 04' bill????
Before 04' To be exempt from overtime, workers must be paid a set salary, not an hourly wage. This has long been the rule under federal overtime law. Bush did not change that.

The second criteria before 04' called the "salary-level" test, was amended. In order to be exempt from overtime, the after 04' rules require that employees earn a minimum salary of $455 a week, or $23,660 a year. Before it was a minimum salary of $155 a week, or $8,060 a year.

What he did do: White-collar employees who earn more than $100,000 a year were automatically exempt from overtime pay, that wasn't the case before.

I never understood why some made the claim that Bush gutted the OT rules.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: