Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 01-11-19, 09:03 PM
Success is Tradition!

just a fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by the phog View Post
Ross misse 3 at buzzer

Lake 55
McKinley 52

Gave another one away.
Neither team had a big lead in the game and the lead went back and forth from start to finish. Not sure that falls in the giving it away category.

Yeah, McKinley had a one point lead and the ball with about a minute remaining and turned it over to give up the lead forever, but they also could have had a missed shot that led to a Lake bucket and the lead.

It was a tight game throughout...someone has to lose.
Old 01-11-19, 09:10 PM
Freshman

Cjd73099 is on a distinguished road
Coach V

Iím usually the last guy to ever blame it on the coach, but I canít understand some of the things he does. You have a kid Brent who can dominate the game and protect the rim and he doesnít touch the court in the second half. There is so much talent on the team but they just canít find their groove or the right line up. Also he is absolutely terrible in late game management. I really donít like the way he coaches but heís a great guy donít get me wrong, but I donít think McKinley got their guy. Itís still early but I can easily see this team being 8-3 instead of 5-6.
Old 01-11-19, 09:20 PM
All Ohio

JJBulldog is on a distinguished road
The kids have to do a better job of being strong with the ball late in games. That's 3 games we've given away at the end with sloppy turnovers. Still lots to learn for the youngsters.
Old 01-11-19, 09:47 PM
All District

the phog is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjd73099 View Post
Iím usually the last guy to ever blame it on the coach, but I canít understand some of the things he does. You have a kid Brent who can dominate the game and protect the rim and he doesnít touch the court in the second half. There is so much talent on the team but they just canít find their groove or the right line up. Also he is absolutely terrible in late game management. I really donít like the way he coaches but heís a great guy donít get me wrong, but I donít think McKinley got their guy. Itís still early but I can easily see this team being 8-3 instead of 5-6.
Just because he has a YouTube video doesn't make him a great player. Does he have a ton of potential? Absolutely. Just not there yet. Wasn't in starting line up tonight.
Old 01-11-19, 09:51 PM
All District

the phog is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJBulldog View Post
The kids have to do a better job of being strong with the ball late in games. That's 3 games we've given away at the end with sloppy turnovers. Still lots to learn for the youngsters.
After losing three games trying to hold the ball late, maybe that plan needs to be scrapped for know. Not capable of holding the ball for two minutes in a one posession game. Hence my Eldon Miller comment for those who are old enough to remember him at OSU giving games away using the same strategy.
Old 01-11-19, 09:54 PM
All Ohio

Oddly, Lake had only 4 team fouls the entire second half until the final minute. They finished with 6 for the entire second half.

GO Bulldogs!
Old 01-11-19, 11:03 PM
All American

Bluestreakoffice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Oddly, Lake had only 4 team fouls the entire second half until the final minute. They finished with 6 for the entire second half.

GO Bulldogs!

The game was very physical and the refs allowed it...the thing that I saw was they were consistent from the beginning of each half. Could they have called more fouls on both teams...yes. I thought it was a good game for both teams and a shot either way could have changed the outcome.
Old 01-12-19, 12:32 AM
All District

Localfan is on a distinguished road
The talent is there ... The coaching not so much!
Old 01-12-19, 02:06 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluestreakoffice View Post
The game was very physical and the refs allowed it...the thing that I saw was they were consistent from the beginning of each half. Could they have called more fouls on both teams...yes. I thought it was a good game for both teams and a shot either way could have changed the outcome.
They missed a big, obvious Lake turnover late. I would feel better if the refs were hired from the Akron City pool. At least we'd know they are impartial. No way a team has 4 fouls for an entire half.
Old 01-12-19, 07:25 AM
All District

Itís not the refs itís us ... 11 games in and they only consistent player we have on the floor is the Johnson kid. We need to find a group that can produce together. Guys arenít coming off the bench mentality ready to play. Itís kinda like pick a name out of hat and letís see who starts.
Old 01-12-19, 02:37 PM
All Ohio

Just callin' 'em as I see 'em. I think we need to give the coach and kids some time to sort things out, maybe like the rest of the year. I remember the frustrating years as well as the great McKinley Championship years, and this one has been hard to watch. But the regular season is only half over, and this league has no state powers. I look forward to the district tournament as I see it as very winnable this year. I believe we have something like 48 District Championships and a 49th would be nice!

Go Bulldogs!
Old 01-15-19, 06:54 AM
All Yappi

Raymo is on a distinguished road
BIG week starting tonight,like Red said Get busy winning or Get busy loosing...BAM!
Old 01-15-19, 09:43 AM
All District

I'm ready to start winning.. We should be 9-2.... 4 games we loss in the clutch just unacceptable...smh Cleveland Heights and Green they beat us plain and simple
Old 01-15-19, 08:50 PM
All World

Caleb is on a distinguished road
What the heck happened to this basketball program? I'm tired of hearing were young. Everybody is young. So whats the problem?
Old 01-15-19, 08:57 PM
All District

You figure it out and let us know....the team last year lost 10 games and made it to district finals... anything came happen
Old 01-15-19, 09:09 PM
All District

We have to figure out a line up of players that play together.. we have yet to find a groove
Old 01-15-19, 09:11 PM
All District

The season will keep going this way if we can’t figure it out.. last game Brent Martin didn’t play the entire second half?... tonight kids started but stayed on the bench!!! Almost every game it’s a different kid starting or playing more
Old 01-16-19, 12:24 PM
All Ohio

eastofeden is on a distinguished road
have seen some improvement from the sophomore center and Robinson helps them but the guard play,other than Kobe , is killing McKinley...
Old 01-17-19, 12:23 PM
All Yappi

BigBulldog is an unknown quantity at this point
The Pups will be 5 points better by the time of the Districts.
Old 01-17-19, 01:26 PM
Junior Varsity

ThePrepGuru is on a distinguished road
First year coach, young team, good schedule, and a fervent fan base. This can be a bad combination if allowed to. Its a double-edged sword of having a tradition-rich program. Everyone is used to winning, and expects it to just happen year in and year out. The same demographics that have shrunk the school district down to one school are still at work, and anyone who thought the consolidation of Timken and McK was going to result in an even stronger powerhouse, are fooling themselves. McK Basketball, like football was built on strong youth and junior high programs, lots of depth that generated a healthy dose of internal competition between talented kids. This historically resulted in strong teams at the varsity level. Are the youth programs and junior high programs what they were ten years ago? Five years ago? How much internal competition is there for kids growing up in Canton today?
Old 01-17-19, 04:56 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePrepGuru View Post
First year coach, young team, good schedule, and a fervent fan base. This can be a bad combination if allowed to. Its a double-edged sword of having a tradition-rich program. Everyone is used to winning, and expects it to just happen year in and year out. The same demographics that have shrunk the school district down to one school are still at work, and anyone who thought the consolidation of Timken and McK was going to result in an even stronger powerhouse, are fooling themselves. McK Basketball, like football was built on strong youth and junior high programs, lots of depth that generated a healthy dose of internal competition between talented kids. This historically resulted in strong teams at the varsity level. Are the youth programs and junior high programs what they were ten years ago? Five years ago? How much internal competition is there for kids growing up in Canton today?
Our reserve team is very good. The freshmen are good. The middle schools have talent. People have been saying what you said for 20 years now, and we have 2 boys and a girl's state championship in that time. The turmoil following Coach Hoover's retirement set things back for most of the last decade. Since the consolidation, 2 District finals and a regional final in 3 years. Not bad for a start.
Old 01-18-19, 08:31 AM
All District

Quote:
Our reserve team is very good. The freshmen are good. The middle schools have talent. People have been saying what you said for 20 years now, and we have 2 boys and a girl's state championship in that time. The turmoil following Coach Hoover's retirement set things back for most of the last decade. Since the consolidation, 2 District finals and a regional final in 3 years. Not bad for a start.
JJ I think they fail to look at those thing !