Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #241  
Old 01-11-19, 07:20 PM
TheBenchwarmer TheBenchwarmer is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 08-09-06
Location: Clayton
Posts: 1,059
TheBenchwarmer is on a distinguished road
Be cool to see Hyatt and Derge team up and show the area some fireworks. With Hyatt’s knowledge and Derges offensive creativity they could do some big stuff. Either way I see these guys doing big things. I know that there are a lot of schools that are pretty interested in one or both. Would be cool to see them both some place as a dream team.
  #242  
Old 01-11-19, 07:32 PM
TroyTrojan05 TroyTrojan05 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-19-11
Posts: 5,667
TroyTrojan05 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBenchwarmer View Post
Be cool to see Hyatt and Derge team up and show the area some fireworks. With Hyatt’s knowledge and Derges offensive creativity they could do some big stuff. Either way I see these guys doing big things. I know that there are a lot of schools that are pretty interested in one or both. Would be cool to see them both some place as a dream team.
Give It a break man
  #243  
Old 01-11-19, 08:34 PM
yakyak yakyak is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 06-11-14
Posts: 1,199
yakyak is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBenchwarmer View Post
Be cool to see Hyatt and Derge team up and show the area some fireworks. With Hyatt’s knowledge and Derges offensive creativity they could do some big stuff. Either way I see these guys doing big things. I know that there are a lot of schools that are pretty interested in one or both. Would be cool to see them both some place as a dream team.
What?
  #244  
Old 01-11-19, 11:30 PM
HSsportfan HSsportfan is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-07-15
Posts: 190
HSsportfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlingdad33 View Post
I think it is crazy for people that have no current affiliation to Tipp to speak about the program as if they have a dog in the fight....

I remember when I was 21 and had my first beer!


Still waiting for a real name..........
I asked TippIsGreat a long time ago for a real name, you won’t get it. I don’t believe he’s 21 and in Wilmington. His profile says he’s an occupational therapist, not sure you can do that at 21. Maybe he’s in physical therapy and a tad older than 21.

I believe that I also asked for your real name, didn’t get it. Oh well. Guess everyone hides behind screen names.
  #245  
Old 01-12-19, 09:00 AM
wrestlingdad33 wrestlingdad33 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 03-01-13
Location: O-H-I-O
Posts: 674
wrestlingdad33 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBenchwarmer View Post
Be cool to see Hyatt and Derge team up and show the area some fireworks. With Hyatt’s knowledge and Derges offensive creativity they could do some big stuff. Either way I see these guys doing big things. I know that there are a lot of schools that are pretty interested in one or both. Would be cool to see them both some place as a dream team.
STOP STOP STOP... That combination would only lead a team to the suck bowl!
  #246  
Old 01-12-19, 11:56 AM
HSsportfan HSsportfan is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-07-15
Posts: 190
HSsportfan is on a distinguished road
All this talk about a “Dayton Area” coach and I forgot the most important thing, JD is from Cincinnati!!! Bet the new coach will be from the Cincy area just like the boys basketball coach that JD hired.

So who out of Cincy has applied???
  #247  
Old 01-12-19, 12:01 PM
BleedPurple&Gold BleedPurple&Gold is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-07-16
Posts: 107
BleedPurple&Gold is on a distinguished road
Tippecanoe Head Coach Joel Derge Resigns

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBenchwarmer View Post
Be cool to see Hyatt and Derge team up and show the area some fireworks. With Hyatt’s knowledge and Derges offensive creativity they could do some big stuff. Either way I see these guys doing big things. I know that there are a lot of schools that are pretty interested in one or both. Would be cool to see them both some place as a dream team.


Are you kidding me? Hyatt(you) don’t know sh!? . The only thing Hyatt(you) is good for is to talk about how great he(you) are. Get over it Hyatt(you) is a horrible Coach.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by BleedPurple&Gold; 01-12-19 at 12:14 PM.
  #248  
Old 01-12-19, 12:09 PM
TippIsGreat TippIsGreat is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 07-28-15
Location: Tipp City
Posts: 1,393
TippIsGreat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSsportfan View Post
All this talk about a “Dayton Area” coach and I forgot the most important thing, JD is from Cincinnati!!! Bet the new coach will be from the Cincy area just like the boys basketball coach that JD hired.

So who out of Cincy has applied???
That’s a good point and good question
  #249  
Old 01-12-19, 12:38 PM
nwwarrior09 nwwarrior09 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-11-09
Location: Springfield/Dayton
Posts: 7,522
nwwarrior09 is on a distinguished road
That's a very good point. I remember when they hired their current basketball coach he seemed to be way off of everyone's radar and a pretty unknown commodity.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
  #250  
Old 01-12-19, 12:39 PM
TippIsGreat TippIsGreat is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 07-28-15
Location: Tipp City
Posts: 1,393
TippIsGreat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwwarrior09 View Post
That's a very good point. I remember when they hired their current basketball coach he seemed to be way off of everyone's radar and a pretty unknown commodity.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Yes and he has turned out to be a pretty darn good coach. And he is well liked by players
  #251  
Old 01-12-19, 12:53 PM
HSsportfan HSsportfan is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-07-15
Posts: 190
HSsportfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TippIsGreat View Post
Yes and he has turned out to be a pretty darn good coach. And he is well liked by players
3-8 is good?????? Well liked by kids but Sauls quit???? Not sure how that all adds up???
  #252  
Old 01-12-19, 01:02 PM
nwwarrior09 nwwarrior09 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-11-09
Location: Springfield/Dayton
Posts: 7,522
nwwarrior09 is on a distinguished road
This isn't CBC basketball anymore. I thought he did pretty well last year for his first year. Their schedule has been pretty rough so far this year, and it's showing in the win column. They've played 3-4 games where the other team (Sidney, Xenia, Fairborn, etc.) has had a D1 mid-major (or better) scholarship caliber kid. Tipp doesn't have that kind of individual talent. They're playing against far better competition than what they used to.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
  #253  
Old 01-12-19, 01:32 PM
HSsportfan HSsportfan is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-07-15
Posts: 190
HSsportfan is on a distinguished road
Same in football but get rid of Derge???? Stupid!!!!
  #254  
Old 01-12-19, 02:34 PM
yakyak yakyak is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 06-11-14
Posts: 1,199
yakyak is on a distinguished road
We need to put a billboard up on the 75 north exit that says, "This is not the CBC anymore. Adjust your expectations!".
  #255  
Old 01-12-19, 02:44 PM
Ballboy000 Ballboy000 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 11-21-15
Posts: 572
Ballboy000 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSsportfan View Post
All this talk about a “Dayton Area” coach and I forgot the most important thing, JD is from Cincinnati!!! Bet the new coach will be from the Cincy area just like the boys basketball coach that JD hired.

So who out of Cincy has applied???
Depends on the Cincy school district & the pay step the coach is at in his teachers salary as to whether Tipp could afford a Cincy coach with the teachers-union mandated 10 year service limit for out of district transfers. Some of their districts have a lot higher pay scales.

Last edited by Ballboy000; 01-12-19 at 02:57 PM.
  #256  
Old 01-12-19, 02:48 PM
HSsportfan HSsportfan is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-07-15
Posts: 190
HSsportfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakyak View Post
We need to put a billboard up on the 75 north exit that says, "This is not the CBC anymore. Adjust your expectations!".
  #257  
Old 01-12-19, 02:51 PM
Ballboy000 Ballboy000 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 11-21-15
Posts: 572
Ballboy000 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakyak View Post
We need to put a billboard up on the 75 north exit that says, "This is not the CBC anymore. Adjust your expectations!".
  #258  
Old 01-12-19, 04:38 PM
TippIsGreat TippIsGreat is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 07-28-15
Location: Tipp City
Posts: 1,393
TippIsGreat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSsportfan View Post
3-8 is good?????? Well liked by kids but Sauls quit???? Not sure how that all adds up???
They have 1 senior and he doesn’t even play. They lost something like 7 seniors from last years team so I think everyone expected a down year. Sauls quit to focus on kicking. He has been to a few kicking clinics and camps over the last month which was going to cause him to miss a lot of games so he decided to just not play.
  #259  
Old 01-12-19, 05:35 PM
HSsportfan HSsportfan is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-07-15
Posts: 190
HSsportfan is on a distinguished road
With the all Americans Tipp has in their school, 3-8 is unacceptable. Quitting is quitting. Doesn’t matter why. Sounds like program issues to me.
  #260  
Old 01-12-19, 07:50 PM
TippIsGreat TippIsGreat is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 07-28-15
Location: Tipp City
Posts: 1,393
TippIsGreat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSsportfan View Post
With the all Americans Tipp has in their school, 3-8 is unacceptable. Quitting is quitting. Doesn’t matter why. Sounds like program issues to me.
Let’s just say the team is better off without his attitude
  #261  
Old 01-12-19, 07:57 PM
jblotter56 jblotter56 is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 01-05-19
Posts: 40
jblotter56 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TippIsGreat View Post
Let’s just say the team is better off without his attitude
How is his attitude? And how does Thou know? And why was there only one senior on varsity this year? There was more than one junior on the team last year.
  #262  
Old 01-12-19, 09:32 PM
jblotter56 jblotter56 is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 01-05-19
Posts: 40
jblotter56 is on a distinguished road
And tippisgreat would you say the same about him playing football?

Last edited by jblotter56; 01-12-19 at 09:43 PM.
  #263  
Old 01-13-19, 09:36 AM
fangwoc fangwoc is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 04-30-12
Posts: 222
fangwoc is on a distinguished road
Sauls

Suals quit because the coach is an idiot. he is by far the best athlete they have and yet he is in and out of the line up all the time. Gets jacked around. His parents do not complain to coach so he gets jacked around. He does have intensity and probably does not fir the tipp stereotype of a nice guy. I like a little attitude and he does have one but it a good one. Not a bad attitude at all. Look what happened with the girls team. As girl quits for lack of playing time, she comes back the next game and then is in the starting line up. Can someone explain that to me? Noone trusts any coach in Tipp because of that kind of crap.
The need leadership. They need a tougher coach for football.
  #264  
Old 01-13-19, 10:22 AM
VBHSFB04 VBHSFB04 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 06-03-17
Location: Butler Twp
Posts: 148
VBHSFB04 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fangwoc View Post
Suals quit because the coach is an idiot. he is by far the best athlete they have and yet he is in and out of the line up all the time. Gets jacked around. His parents do not complain to coach so he gets jacked around. He does have intensity and probably does not fir the tipp stereotype of a nice guy. I like a little attitude and he does have one but it a good one. Not a bad attitude at all. Look what happened with the girls team. As girl quits for lack of playing time, she comes back the next game and then is in the starting line up. Can someone explain that to me? Noone trusts any coach in Tipp because of that kind of crap.
The need leadership. They need a tougher coach for football.
Sounds like entitled spoiled brats if this really true.
  #265  
Old 01-13-19, 11:32 AM
fangwoc fangwoc is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 04-30-12
Posts: 222
fangwoc is on a distinguished road
It's true. Believe me!! They lack leadership on many fronts. The parent front being number 1.
  #266  
Old 01-13-19, 01:02 PM
yakyak yakyak is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 06-11-14
Posts: 1,199
yakyak is on a distinguished road
What is weird to me, the school performs well in athletics. They have been third in GWOC North in all sports votes their first two years in the conference. That is very respectable for their size.

They are not going to get a lot of points consistently in football and basketball. But they will have very good years in those two, as medium sized school playing against D1 and D2 schools will. They will just not have the 4 years runs they are used to.

The biggest problem is it seems the administration and community does not accept their weaknesses. If they embrace reality which is they can perform great at the non-revenue sports and coach/build/develop/train for "pop" years in the big two, it could be a great town for athletics.
  #267  
Old 01-13-19, 07:00 PM
TippIsGreat TippIsGreat is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 07-28-15
Location: Tipp City
Posts: 1,393
TippIsGreat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakyak View Post
What is weird to me, the school performs well in athletics. They have been third in GWOC North in all sports votes their first two years in the conference. That is very respectable for their size.

They are not going to get a lot of points consistently in football and basketball. But they will have very good years in those two, as medium sized school playing against D1 and D2 schools will. They will just not have the 4 years runs they are used to.

The biggest problem is it seems the administration and community does not accept their weaknesses. If they embrace reality which is they can perform great at the non-revenue sports and coach/build/develop/train for "pop" years in the big two, it could be a great town for athletics.
This is a good point. Tipp is bordering elite in boys and girls soccer, cross country, girls basketball and volleyball. The girls basketball team hasn’t lost a GWOC north game since being int he conference. I think Tipp can still be consistently good in football, especially in the new MVL. But like someone said earlier, they need a tougher coach in football. For all the good that Derge brought, kids pretty much Walked all over him. I remember both Barhorst boys getting in arguments with him and other coaches on the practice field.
  #268  
Old 01-14-19, 07:21 AM
OHFball10 OHFball10 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 10-07-14
Location: Ohio
Posts: 329
OHFball10 is on a distinguished road
Man, there sure is a lot of people in this thread who think they know everything about the situation.

Raise your hand if you actually if you actually have real connections in the school district, and have went through the system and experienced it yourself? There's probably only a few of us.

It's not as good, and definitely not as bad of a situation as people are trying to make it sound like. The Football HC is a good job, and most of the athletics programs at Tipp are trending in the right direction. I would argue they're doing pretty well considering the talent level that is currently present.
  #269  
Old 01-14-19, 08:54 AM
StSebastian StSebastian is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 02-14-16
Posts: 315
StSebastian is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHFball10 View Post
Man, there sure is a lot of people in this thread who think they know everything about the situation.

Raise your hand if you actually if you actually have real connections in the school district, and have went through the system and experienced it yourself? There's probably only a few of us.

It's not as good, and definitely not as bad of a situation as people are trying to make it sound like. The Football HC is a good job, and most of the athletics programs at Tipp are trending in the right direction. I would argue they're doing pretty well considering the talent level that is currently present.
I do not think anyone is pretending to know more about the situation than what they do. It is all just speculation. But one does not need to be intimately involved to understand what is going on. No one denies that Tipp has talent and kudos to them for having the wherewithal to join the GWOC (soon to be MVL). They completely dominated the CBC in everything and continue to be successful in most sports since the jump. Just not the "Big 2." They are testing the strength of their programs and the only way to do so was to make the conference change.

Football and Basketball are going to struggle to adapt to the speed and size of playing larger schools with better "athletes". Most other sports, "athleticism" is not much of a separating factor. So far the only way that they have been able to compete is to not try and "out athlete" the bigger teams. Smart tactics, slower pace of play, more intricate strategies, and a solid foundation of fundamentals. As that transition happens, focusing on this while building better strength and "athleticism" is essential. Maybe they feel they are ready... possibly. But in this particular situation, ESPECIALLY in football, trying to out athlete these bigger teams consistently... just not there quite yet.

Anyone with any experience in athletics who has been to and witnessed any of their games will tell you the same. Run a spread offense (see: diversify) against Northmont and Trotwood with Tipp kids and tell me how they would fare... Maybe someday... but not now. They need more TIME. Not a generation... but definitely more than 4 years. Unfortunately, in this culture of instant gratification no one is patient enough.

The fear for most who have a vested interest (which has been the fear since they announced joining GWOC), whether they "went through the program" or not, is that they move too quickly and end up losing all progress never to recover. The key is consistency and keeping someone in the position to build something from the ground up. Rotating coaches every 4 years (or more frequently) will not do that. And that holds true for any position in any school.

They are trying to find what they feel is a perfect combination of style and talent. There is no harm in that. But if they are doing "pretty well considering the talent level that is currently present" why not continue to allow the coach the support and resources necessary to continue building? If they were under-performing then I say change... But changing just because you THINK you MIGHT be able to be more competitive by bringing in someone who play "pretty football? That is ignorant...
  #270  
Old 01-14-19, 10:13 AM
wrestlingdad33 wrestlingdad33 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 03-01-13
Location: O-H-I-O
Posts: 674
wrestlingdad33 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TippIsGreat View Post
Let’s just say the team is better off without his attitude
And you are familiar with his attitude all the way from Wilmington?
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mount Union Head Coach at Tuscarawas County Wres. Club wrestling_fan_ Wrestling 2 06-05-19 03:41 PM
Barberton: A Coaching Legacy frecriss Barberton Magics 18 11-28-18 10:02 AM
Fairfield High School Head Coach to coach in Under Armor All American football game. graceunder Football 0 11-29-17 01:11 PM
Any news on a New Head Football Coach to replaces Coach Bob Sax at Akron Garfield ??? IUDOGS Football 12 05-02-17 08:25 AM
Looking For Head Coach QueenCityLegends Baseball 2 11-17-16 08:43 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:04 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.