Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > General Board

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 05-20-19, 03:00 PM
All Yappi

fish82 will become famous soon enoughfish82 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie mund View Post
people aren't happy with it because at least half wanted jon or dany on the throne, so they were going to hate it right off the bat. Imo the hate-train gained way too much momentum to the point where people are trashing it just to trash it and it's annoying at this point. I admittedly lowered my expectations for the finale and was pleasantly surprised. A ton of things could be nit-picked but the majority fall under the umbrella of the ending being rushed.
+1
Old 05-20-19, 03:45 PM
All Yappi

eastisbest will become famous soon enougheastisbest will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie mund View Post
I've criticized this season as much as the next guy, but that episode didn't deserve anywhere near a 4.7. It obviously had its problems, but everyone's story wrapped up pretty well, all things considered.

Agreed and it's early in the rating. These things cycle. I imagine more will come round to your way of thinking.
Old 05-20-19, 04:00 PM
All World

Irwin20 is on a distinguished road
4.7 is ridiculous. I agree people are upset just cause its cool to be upset at this point. I'd rank the episode 7-7.5 The big battle episode was disappointing but I'd still rate it above average.
Old 05-20-19, 04:27 PM
All Yappi

BlueJayFan is on a distinguished road
Lol 4.5 now. It's going to end up around a 4.2 or 4.1.
Old 05-20-19, 05:05 PM
All World

Omar is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irwin20 View Post
4.7 is ridiculous. I agree people are upset just cause its cool to be upset at this point. I'd rank the episode 7-7.5 The big battle episode was disappointing but I'd still rate it above average.
I think 7 is fair. Way below GOT standards, but above avg for most tv.
Old 05-20-19, 06:12 PM
All Yappi

fish82 will become famous soon enoughfish82 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJayFan View Post
Lol 4.5 now. It's going to end up around a 4.2 or 4.1.
People taking a fantasy TV show a little too seriously TBH.
Old 05-20-19, 06:15 PM
All American

bob22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fish82 View Post
nerd rage

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk
Old 05-20-19, 06:19 PM
All Yappi

eastisbest will become famous soon enougheastisbest will become famous soon enough
Quote:

I don't think that's necessarily fair to say. It's supposed to be fun, that's why they have the rating game. No one owes the show anything and I doubt the writers are losing any sleep. People, neither viewers nor creators are jumping off ledges here. Yes probably some frustrations being vented, some baby names being changed but everyone wanted the perfect show in their life-time and they feel a missed opportunity.

The acting isn't being slammed. The writers and possibly the editors did stink up the two previous episodes and it's fair, IMO to rate the last in that context and it had nothing to do with the rush in MY observation.I think those poor ratings were well earned based upon the story as told.
Old 05-20-19, 06:25 PM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
23 pages so far.

At the end of the day, it was a show that included dragons, giants, zombies, talking trees, 3 eyes ravens... Entertaining, sure. However, at the end of the day it was a fantasy show. No one should have gotten too attached.

Last edited by clarkgriswold; 05-20-19 at 06:39 PM.
Old 05-20-19, 07:54 PM
All World

Omar is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Yes and no. Some of the reactions are over the top, but its also the biggest TV show of the last 15-20 yrs. As I said before, with NFLX emerging in the last 5 years, Im not sure well see a show that reaches such a large audience ever again.
Old 05-20-19, 07:55 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
23 pages so far.

At the end of the day, it was a show that included dragons, giants, zombies, talking trees, 3 eyes ravens... Entertaining, sure. However, at the end of the day it was a fantasy show. No one should have gotten too attached.
ahem "Clark"

You know our next round of trolls is going to have a Bronn or a Ramsay Bolton... I'm surprised one hasn't shown up yet.
Old 05-20-19, 08:06 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omar View Post
Yes and no. Some of the reactions are over the top, but its also the biggest TV show of the last 15-20 yrs. As I said before, with NFLX emerging in the last 5 years, Im not sure well see a show that reaches such a large audience ever again.
Yeah with this & Big Bang Theory ending in the last week, I think that officially closes the book on the age of weekly television. No other shows are pulling 10M+ live viewers per week.
Old 05-21-19, 08:48 AM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastisbest View Post
ahem "Clark"

You know our next round of trolls is going to have a Bronn or a Ramsay Bolton... I'm surprised one hasn't shown up yet.
Good call. Maybe a Littlefinger is in order!
Old 05-21-19, 08:52 AM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJayFan View Post
Yeah with this & Big Bang Theory ending in the last week, I think that officially closes the book on the age of weekly television. No other shows are pulling 10M+ live viewers per week.
It has been a minute since I have been a routine viewer of any TV show.

The last couple would have been Sons of Anarchy, Bates Motel, and if I have go back to actual network TV....................it may be over 20 years now.

Actually, it was in 2005 with JAG. That was the last TV show on network TV that I made sure I watched (or taped) if I wasn't home.

With many of the shows, like the Big Bang, I liked it but never watched it on network as it was always on their reruns on cable.
Old 05-21-19, 01:14 PM
All Yappi

Michael Bluth is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yappi View Post
People must be rating this last episode because of their frustration with the previous 3 episodes. This one felt like a regular episode that would have been indistinguishable from most of the series. The only ones that really stood out as bad episodes were the meaningless battle scenes. I still imagine the writers in the room saying, "you know what would be cool?" for those two battle episodes. They missed the mark badly and deserved low scores. This last episode was solid.
Completely agree. The final episode was far superior to either of the big "battle" episodes that took place this season
Old 05-21-19, 01:31 PM
All Yappi

Down to a 4.4
Old 05-21-19, 05:44 PM
All Yappi

vamp2syd will become famous soon enough
Watched the series finale of Game of Throwns while a Tornado went through town here in Huber Heights. Hey, we ignored the warnings because it was the finale of Game of Thrones ... who wouldn't of? Even when I heard the strong winds followed by boom of something smashing into something still nope, kept glued to the damn show. So, is Bran going to wake from his vision and we learned that this last season was just that, a vision and we get to start it over again!

Last edited by vamp2syd; 05-21-19 at 06:19 PM.
Old 05-21-19, 07:15 PM
All Yappi

Geez, they could have at least given a nod to Rickon and Robb. I would have loved if bad-shot Bran, crippled Bran and newly minted 3-eye Raven Bran had all told Rickon to move left and Rickon being Rickon, ignored the advice.

With Sansa an exception, the new lords and ladies are a very poor imitation of the ones that started this thing.
Old 05-21-19, 07:33 PM
All American

bob22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastisbest View Post
the new lords and ladies are a very poor imitation of the ones that started this thing.
Art imitating life.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: