Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 03-27-19, 12:13 PM
All Region

brusharc1986 is on a distinguished road
Rest easy fellow Arc fans. As I posted on the New Iggy Coach thread Coach Mason just announced on Twitter that he is staying.
Old 03-27-19, 12:48 PM
All World

Bball216 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Look Ma No Hands View Post
I don't believe for a second that Iggy sought out Mason. Sorry. Especially "backing up the Brinks truck." The more you type on this thread, the more ridiculous you sound.

We tried telling people he drinks during the day. His posts confirm that.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Sport Forums smart
Old 03-27-19, 01:08 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bball216 View Post
We tried telling people he drinks during the day. His posts confirm that.

It's bad enough you have to regurgitate the useless dribble from Mugnmaul and now you have to mimic his oddly themed jokes as well. When will enough be enough for you guys? You've become emotionally unhinged.
Old 03-27-19, 01:46 PM
All American

Irish60 will become famous soon enough
You say Mason declined an interview and also that he declined a generous offer from Ignatius. Well, which is it? If he hadn't been interviewed, when exactly did he receive a "generous offer"? And if Ignatius is not breaking the bank for Coach Kyle, I can't see them breaking the bank for ANY basketball coach. It sounds to me that this humble man continues to pat himself on the back by letting everyone know that he is being considered for other jobs. I don't know the man or the situation, but this is typically the path that someone takes when he wants other people to know that he is a hot commodity for other vacancies.
Old 03-27-19, 03:27 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish60 View Post
You say Mason declined an interview and also that he declined a generous offer from Ignatius. Well, which is it? If he hadn't been interviewed, when exactly did he receive a "generous offer"? And if Ignatius is not breaking the bank for Coach Kyle, I can't see them breaking the bank for ANY basketball coach. It sounds to me that this humble man continues to pat himself on the back by letting everyone know that he is being considered for other jobs. I don't know the man or the situation, but this is typically the path that someone takes when he wants other people to know that he is a hot commodity for other vacancies.
Are you accusing Coach Mason of patting himself on the back to try to make himself sound wanted elsewhere? Are you saying that Coach Mason is putting his own name out there attached to these rumors for the sole purpose of trying to gain attention?

Thatís despicable. What kind of man needs to let everyone know heís being considered for other jobs just to try and gain some of the limelight. Not Coach Mason, thatís for sure. Next thing I know youíre going to tell me that heís never really been considered for the Ignatius job and heís merely making up a lie.

Iím really getting sick and tired of everyone coming on here and passing these false judgements on Coach Mason.
Old 03-27-19, 05:12 PM
All American

Irish60 will become famous soon enough
Look, you are the one who twice in the last two weeks recounted that Coach Mason announced he has turned down jobs in order to stay at Brush. That may very well be true. But in my experience these are typical actions of someone keeping his name out in the job market. At the very least, this is self-aggrandizement, if not pure self-promotion. There is nothing wrong with that, but let's call it what it is.
Old 03-27-19, 05:26 PM
All Yappi

nwwarrior09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish60 View Post
At the very least, this is self-aggrandizement, if not pure self-promotion. There is nothing wrong with that, but let's call it what it is.
I find it to be just shocking that an individual that named an invitational tournament after himself would do such a thing.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Old 03-27-19, 05:49 PM
All Yappi

MentorGrad2002 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to MentorGrad2002
Brush Arcs-Underrated

Will be fun to knock out Brush again in districts if you make it to us.

How many district runner ups now ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-27-19, 06:05 PM
All Ohio

bbfan29 is on a distinguished road
With all of the talent Brush had this year, did they lose the districtt title to Mentor because of player performance or were they out coached?
Old 04-01-19, 06:54 AM
All Ohio

tribefan23 is on a distinguished road
Mason would never leave Brush for Iggy, they would never allow him to use their gym to host a basketball tournament with his name on it. Same reason his pal Sonny over at Garfield would never leave his post either. Why leave when you can profit off AAU tournaments while using your home gym for free???
Old 04-10-19, 09:05 AM
All Region

Well folks, I'm back from a bit of a vacation down at my place in Broward County. Eh, the heat this time of year gets back up in the 80s and it is time to get these old bones back up north.

I missed so much while away unfortunately. For instance, I just recently saw that Coach Mason is producing a documentary on his rise to the top of the area coaching profession and his motivation to help lead young men. Awfully selfless of Coach Mason to allow the cameras to follow him around and profile him so that we may learn from his leadership and mentoring styles. Hopefully some of the haters on here will watch this and realize that Coach Mason is so much more than a top area basketball coach. He is a leader of young men.

Here is the link so you can inform yourselves:
Old 04-10-19, 10:22 AM
All Ohio

tribefan23 is on a distinguished road
A documentary about a high school district runner-up coach.

I've seen it all now
Old 04-10-19, 11:04 AM
All Ohio

Look Ma No Hands is on a distinguished road
Wow. Another egotistical act by this coach that brusharc1986 calls "selfless."

"Hey, I'M putting a documentary out about ME. Look how great I am!!!"

Why is no one surprised? About the coach or ba86?
Old 04-10-19, 11:13 AM
All District

bengals wrestling is on a distinguished road
What I think is comical is that this video has been on youtube for 8 months and has only been view 795 times, and I'm sure with his ego, 750 of those views were by Mason himself.
Old 04-10-19, 12:19 PM
All World

Now that was funny Bengal.

Old 04-27-19, 07:06 PM
All Region

Hearing plenty of chatter this weekend that St. Ignatius has struck out on a few of their choices and has circled back to their original first choice Coach Mason. The question is can Coach Mason tell them NO a 2nd time?
Old 04-27-19, 09:55 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by brusharc1986 View Post
Hearing plenty of chatter this weekend that St. Ignatius has struck out on a few of their choices and has circled back to their original first choice Coach Mason. The question is can Coach Mason tell them NO a 2nd time?
ZZZZzzzzzz
The chatter is you
Old 04-28-19, 03:49 PM
All World

It will be a cold day in hell that Mason even gets a interview at Iggy. Nice to see you are as annoying in the off season as you are during the season.

Old 04-29-19, 10:40 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bball216 View Post
It will be a cold day in hell that Mason even gets a interview at Iggy. Nice to see you are as annoying in the off season as you are during the season.

You just love trolling Coach Mason don't you? It's honestly pathetic how infatuated you are with him.

The joke is on you, however. Everyone on this message board knows that a coach like Coach Mason would not have to interview for a job like St. Ignatius. If he wants the job it is his. He's already turned down the job once and that was probably a blow to the egos over at St. Ignatius.

Sure, some other coaches have to play the game where they pit themselves versus their administration in an effort to posture a bit and make themselves feel wanted but I can assure you that is not what Coach Mason is all about. He's about the kids. For instance, John Hughley had an incredible weekend on the AAU circuit this weekend and Coach Mason was the first person to reach out and support getting John to where he is today.
Old 04-29-19, 11:48 AM
All District

bengals wrestling is on a distinguished road
Quote:
He's about the kids. For instance, John Hughley had an incredible weekend on the AAU circuit this weekend and Coach Mason was the first person to reach out and support getting John to where he is today.
LMAO Since when is AAU all about the kids? It's a money grab for adults. Since you seem to know all about Chet, what's his pecentage of the take?
Old 04-29-19, 02:06 PM
All World

The heads of all the blue hairs at Iggy would be spinning if the school brought in a coach like Mason.

Old 04-29-19, 02:40 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
You just love trolling Coach Mason don't you? It's honestly pathetic how infatuated you are with him.

The joke is on you, however. Everyone on this message board knows that a coach like Coach Mason would not have to interview for a job like St. Ignatius. If he wants the job it is his. He's already turned down the job once and that was probably a blow to the egos over at St. Ignatius.

Sure, some other coaches have to play the game where they pit themselves versus their administration in an effort to posture a bit and make themselves feel wanted but I can assure you that is not what Coach Mason is all about. He's about the kids. For instance, John Hughley had an incredible weekend on the AAU circuit this weekend and Coach Mason was the first person to reach out and support getting John to where he is today.
1) No one's trolling Mason. They're trolling you.
2) NO ONE on this board EXCEPT YOU has said Mason was ever offered the Iggy job. In fact, I haven't heard that from any source around, except you.
3) NOT EVEN CLOSE: "Everyone on this message board knows that a coach like Coach Mason would not have to interview for a job like St. Ignatius. If he wants the job it is his." NO ONE on this board EXCEPT YOU has said that. To the contrary, virtually EVERYONE disagrees with your assertions regarding the Iggy job and your self-promoting, name-my-tourney-after-me coach.
4) Even Trump has a better grasp of the "truth" than you. You both think if you say something, it's automatically true. Let's not let facts get in the way.
5) I have no idea what your AAU comment has to do with anything.