Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-10-18, 06:18 PM
yakyak yakyak is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 06-11-14
Posts: 960
yakyak is on a distinguished road
Lebanon leaves GWOC joins ECC

https://www.springfieldnewssun.com/s...kbXfxPo4v4pfM/

These always have multi conference, multi division impacts. Thoughts?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 11-10-18, 06:32 PM
ELK Strong ELK Strong is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 03-08-15
Posts: 393
ELK Strong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakyak View Post
https://www.springfieldnewssun.com/s...kbXfxPo4v4pfM/

These always have multi conference, multi division impacts. Thoughts?
I don't think it will impact the GWOC much except it may not have divisions now with 9 teams. The GWOC can follow the GMC format and play 8 games in conference with 2 games out.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-10-18, 07:24 PM
skins99's Avatar
skins99 skins99 is offline
Ron Jeremey Stunt Double
 
Join Date: 10-12-01
Location: "Work is the scourge of t
Posts: 27,660
skins99 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to skins99
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELK Strong View Post
I don't think it will impact the GWOC much except it may not have divisions now with 9 teams. The GWOC can follow the GMC format and play 8 games in conference with 2 games out.
It's a bit of a hassle because each week someone has to find a non conference game in weeks 2-10
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-10-18, 07:32 PM
ELK Strong ELK Strong is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 03-08-15
Posts: 393
ELK Strong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins99 View Post
It's a bit of a hassle because each week someone has to find a non conference game in weeks 2-10
You are right. I hadn't thought of that. If the GWOC went to 8 teams without Trotwood, we would have all D1 teams but would need to schedule 3 out of conference teams. I would like to see the Elks play some top D1 teams out of Dayton (Cincinnati GCL, Columbus, Cleveland)

Last edited by ELK Strong; 11-11-18 at 08:17 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-12-18, 08:46 AM
BoltsFan06 BoltsFan06 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 11-03-08
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 451
BoltsFan06 is on a distinguished road
Just glad we no longer have to travel down to Lebanon...get them down to the ECC and maybe they can be competitive. Scheduling in the GWOC did just get a little harder.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-12-18, 09:07 AM
PURPLE REIGN PURPLE REIGN is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-17-01
Posts: 5,659
PURPLE REIGN is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoltsFan06 View Post
Just glad we no longer have to travel down to Lebanon...get them down to the ECC and maybe they can be competitive. Scheduling in the GWOC did just get a little harder.
Believe me, Elder has openings most every week and would absolutely love to find good SW Ohio teams willing to play them in a home and home series.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-12-18, 01:11 PM
yakyak yakyak is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 06-11-14
Posts: 960
yakyak is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PURPLE REIGN View Post
Believe me, Elder has openings most every week and would absolutely love to find good SW Ohio teams willing to play them in a home and home series.
The computers need to be tweaked more to make it even more advantageous to take a bad loss to a better school. Would that solve some of this?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-12-18, 01:49 PM
THE FLOCK THE FLOCK is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-30-18
Location: Applebee's
Posts: 111
THE FLOCK is an unknown quantity at this point
Not surprised the Warriors left. They sucked radioactive butt.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-12-18, 02:55 PM
Kyle_E_Woyote's Avatar
Kyle_E_Woyote Kyle_E_Woyote is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-01-08
Location: Seattle & Irvine, CA
Posts: 7,748
Kyle_E_Woyote is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE FLOCK View Post
Not surprised the Warriors left. They sucked radioactive butt.
Is there a nuke plant by them?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-12-18, 06:10 PM
BASESWIMPARENT BASESWIMPARENT is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 12-21-16
Posts: 330
BASESWIMPARENT is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PURPLE REIGN View Post
Believe me, Elder has openings most every week and would absolutely love to find good SW Ohio teams willing to play them in a home and home series.
X too
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 11-12-18, 08:01 PM
ELK Strong ELK Strong is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 03-08-15
Posts: 393
ELK Strong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BASESWIMPARENT View Post
X too
I would like to see the Elks play 1 GCL South team every year and 1 Cleveland team (Iggy or St Ed). Playing Elder a few years back was a great atmosphere.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-12-18, 09:45 PM
nwwarrior09 nwwarrior09 is online now
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-11-09
Location: Springfield/Dayton
Posts: 6,838
nwwarrior09 is on a distinguished road
Lebanon seemed to be kind of out on an island between Dayton and Cincy in the GWOC, so I'm not really too shocked by this. If they stay at 9, it would be mutually beneficial for the better GWOC teams to start playing some GCL-S teams in some of those later in the season OOC games.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-13-18, 02:10 PM
JustAGuy5 JustAGuy5 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 05-23-18
Posts: 107
JustAGuy5 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELK Strong View Post
I would like to see the Elks play 1 GCL South team every year and 1 Cleveland team (Iggy or St Ed). Playing Elder a few years back was a great atmosphere.
So you want 2 automatic losses each year huh?
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-13-18, 02:33 PM
W@rrior 11 W@rrior 11 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 02-14-09
Location: Cincinnati & Charlotte
Posts: 607
W@rrior 11 is on a distinguished road
ECC is now the GMC of D2... WW then everyone else
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-13-18, 02:41 PM
cincifbfan cincifbfan is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 03-20-15
Posts: 585
cincifbfan is on a distinguished road
Except for Walnut Hills, West Clermont, and Milford being D1. Add in D1 Lebanon and in 5 years probably D1 Little Miami and you have half D1 and half D2.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 11-13-18, 02:45 PM
thavoice thavoice is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 07-17-07
Posts: 7,092
thavoice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELK Strong View Post
I don't think it will impact the GWOC much except it may not have divisions now with 9 teams. The GWOC can follow the GMC format and play 8 games in conference with 2 games out.
Finding a OOC game each week for a league can be a mess, no doubt about that. When our league had to do that many of them picked up similar OOC games with teams who had no conference affiliation and a couple teams were almost de facto league teams which doesn't help your harbins.


They would be best to find a 10th team and then if they want 2 OOC games in week 1-2 then go to a rotating schedule determined by the years prior records of the teams so the worst team doent get stuck playing the best, and vice versa.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11-13-18, 02:52 PM
Manmythlegeng66 Manmythlegeng66 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 10-06-18
Posts: 85
Manmythlegeng66 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by W@rrior 11 View Post
ECC is now the GMC of D2... WW then everyone else
Great comparison!

WW=Colerain
Milford=Fairfield
Anderson=Mason
Turpin=Lakota West
LM=Sycamore
Kings=Lakota East
West Clermont= Oak Hills
Lebanon=Princeton
Loveland=Hamilton
Walnut Hills=Middletown

Not exact, but looks very close!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 11-13-18, 05:31 PM
ELK Strong ELK Strong is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 03-08-15
Posts: 393
ELK Strong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAGuy5 View Post
So you want 2 automatic losses each year huh?
I like our chances the next few years
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 11-13-18, 07:35 PM
Trench Bully Trench Bully is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 10-05-18
Posts: 16
Trench Bully is on a distinguished road
Lebanon is very mediocre so this makes sense leaving the GWOC.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 11-14-18, 08:16 PM
vamp2syd vamp2syd is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-24-02
Location: HH Wayne 35 Moeller 17
Posts: 36,402
vamp2syd will become famous soon enough
I am so glad that Lebanon is gone. Not a fan of them at all. It was disgusting what I witnessed the last time Wayne played at Lebanon in basketball. Unfortunately this probably ends Trotwood in the GWOC as I know they do not want an odd number of teams unless they can find a replacement for Lebanon..... Middletown?
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 11-14-18, 09:29 PM
Bull_Elk Bull_Elk is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-10-14
Posts: 198
Bull_Elk is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamp2syd View Post
I am so glad that Lebanon is gone. Not a fan of them at all. It was disgusting what I witnessed the last time Wayne played at Lebanon in basketball. Unfortunately this probably ends Trotwood in the GWOC as I know they do not want an odd number of teams unless they can find a replacement for Lebanon..... Middletown?
Vamps, You called Centerville a "rich white school". Just tell the Yappi forum what you really think of Lebanon.

http://yappi.com/forums/showpost.php...&postcount=132
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 11-14-18, 11:23 PM
vamp2syd vamp2syd is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-24-02
Location: HH Wayne 35 Moeller 17
Posts: 36,402
vamp2syd will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull_Elk View Post
Vamps, You called Centerville a "rich white school". Just tell the Yappi forum what you really think of Lebanon.

http://yappi.com/forums/showpost.php...&postcount=132
rich .... I do not think that Centerville High School is hurting when it comes to $$$

white ... well, over 50,000 white people in Washington township with nearly 22,000 in Centerville.... well over 96% ... that is pretty white to me....

school... yes, Centerville High School is a school....
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 11-15-18, 01:36 AM
Kyle_E_Woyote's Avatar
Kyle_E_Woyote Kyle_E_Woyote is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-01-08
Location: Seattle & Irvine, CA
Posts: 7,748
Kyle_E_Woyote is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamp2syd View Post
rich .... I do not think that Centerville High School is hurting when it comes to $$$

white ... well, over 50,000 white people in Washington township with nearly 22,000 in Centerville.... well over 96% ... that is pretty white to me....

school... yes, Centerville High School is a school....
If you think Centerville / Washington Township is pretty white now, you should have seen it in the 1960s. Dang, I recall everyone being white!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Gwoc 2001-2017 vamp2syd Football 29 08-20-18 08:04 PM
Gwoc shakeup catscatscats Boys Basketball 17 02-10-18 09:54 PM
D1 Cincy Match Ups Cincy_Futbol Boys Soccer 105 11-04-17 07:33 PM
GWOC 2001-present annual history thread.... vamp2syd Football 10 08-12-17 07:36 PM
Your Favorite Steel Valley Conference Team From Back In The Day. FootballQueen Football 63 07-12-17 08:39 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:15 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz