Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
View Poll Results: Who wins: Challenge Game (8/24) Coldwater at Kenton
Coldwater by 1-7 2 8.00%
Coldwater by 8-14 14 56.00%
Coldwater by 15+ 4 16.00%
Kenton by 1-7 3 12.00%
Kenton by 8-14 2 8.00%
Kenton by 15+ 0 0%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-24-18, 10:52 PM
All Ohio

USA70PP is an unknown quantity at this point
Final anyone?
Old 08-24-18, 10:56 PM
All American

StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
52-27 Coldwater. Kenton's offense pretty much died off and they started turning the ball over especially on kickoff returns
Old 08-24-18, 11:05 PM
All American

A few takeaways from this game.
1. John Derryberry and his refereeing crew are always garbage and today was no exception especially when they miscounted the downs or something. Kenton got 5 downs luckly not scoring any points out of it.

2. Jake Hemmelgarn is capable of being the starting QB

3. Cole Frilling is a load to bring down. Our skill players are outstanding.

4. Jayden Cornell from Kenton will probably have 2000 yards receiving and I'm not even kidding

5. Our offense can score in bunches

6. Our offensive line did a good job tonight and I am very proud of them
Old 08-25-18, 11:00 AM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by StateChampion2012 View Post
A few takeaways from this game.
1. John Derryberry and his refereeing crew are always garbage and today was no exception especially when they miscounted the downs or something. Kenton got 5 downs luckly not scoring any points out of it.

2. Jake Hemmelgarn is capable of being the starting QB

3. Cole Frilling is a load to bring down. Our skill players are outstanding.

4. Jayden Cornell from Kenton will probably have 2000 yards receiving and I'm not even kidding

5. Our offense can score in bunches

6. Our offensive line did a good job tonight and I am very proud of them
They also missed the fumble on that same 5 play down set as well. Maybe they all reset themselves seeing the fumble and CW recovering it and then when it wasn't awarded to the Cavs they guess what down it was!

Chain gang walked by at half and someone said something and he commented how they were right..and the refs were wrong!

all in all...Kenton should win a lot of games this year. THey have a huge matchup against Celina who waxed Versailles. Their QB can flat out throw it and they have a number of wideouts who can catch and run. I look for big things for the wildcats.
Old 08-25-18, 11:30 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by thavoice View Post
They also missed the fumble on that same 5 play down set as well. Maybe they all reset themselves seeing the fumble and CW recovering it and then when it wasn't awarded to the Cavs they guess what down it was!

Chain gang walked by at half and someone said something and he commented how they were right..and the refs were wrong!

all in all...Kenton should win a lot of games this year. THey have a huge matchup against Celina who waxed Versailles. Their QB can flat out throw it and they have a number of wideouts who can catch and run. I look for big things for the wildcats.
Any other ref crew and that's Coldwater ball. Terrible. Kenton I think will win 6-7 games and make the playoffs. Celina will be a good test for them. I expected them to beat Versailles but not that badly.
Old 08-25-18, 11:39 AM
All World

Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
Is the CW - Kenton game being rebroadcast by WOSN.
Old 08-25-18, 04:19 PM
Varsity

kodeman419 is on a distinguished road
Cavs have alot of weapons to spread the wealth around. Overall, not a bad performance. Credit Kenton, they can score. Was disappointed in the Cavs secondary with yards after catch. Poor tackling. Not ready to say the Cavs can run the ball yet though it looked better than last season. We will see. Impressed with Cavs QB poise, knowledge, and explosion through the holes running. I think his issues are simply size related. Smaller hands. Low release point/trajectory all contribute to a "float" or overthrow. Those aren't issues that he can help. Coaches need to be aware and game plan accordingly. I think those issues will be magnified when the Cavs play a bigger and more athletic Defense. They will see that this week. Let's hope the Cavs line can give the QB time because the Cavs will have to win this game throwing.
Old 08-26-18, 11:53 AM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirred not Shaken View Post
Is the CW - Kenton game being rebroadcast by WOSN.
It was a couple times already, not sure if it is slate for more this week butyou can likely check their website.
Old 08-26-18, 04:28 PM
All Region

Captain_Cavman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by serpico View Post
If the choice is as easy as you seem to think it is, surely one of the best head coaches in the state will get it right, no?
And oddly enough, he was NEVER considered worthy of Coach of the Year. Sorry, call me bias but that's, IMO, inexcusable.