Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 08-12-18, 05:14 PM
All Region

Picktowncentral is on a distinguished road
Pickerington Football 2018

A new season is here, and it’s time to start looking at what’s to come. Instead of invading other threads (OCC Ohio 2018), let’s keep it civil in our own.

To recap:

Central will have athletes to burn (as usual) and are the consensus pick to win the division. In addition, the Tigers probably have the best DL in the state! Pair that with one of the best QB’s in the state, you have a potential candidate for preseason pick as back to back D1 state champs!

Not to be outdone, North will have athletes as well. Move in at QB staying healthy will be key. Pair him with one of the best WR/TE groups in Ohio, and you can make a case for the Panthers as being one of the most potent offenses in the state. If their O-line stays healthy, and their secondary performs, they will be tough for anyone to beat.

Can’t wait for the season to start!

Go Tigers!
Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-18, 07:45 AM
All American

OneTiger is on a distinguished road
Back to Hilliard Darby tonight for Varsity/Frosh scrimmage. I think V. got about 10 plays in Sat. with HD fumbling 3 or 4 times. It was raining good. May be able to post a score later but I'll be at the frosh field with OneT jr.
Old 08-13-18, 08:06 AM
All Ohio

PicktownBandDad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTiger View Post
Back to Hilliard Darby tonight for Varsity/Frosh scrimmage.
What time?
Old 08-13-18, 08:12 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by PicktownBandDad View Post
What time?
5:30. Note: Leppert Rd. was closed for const. Saturday. We had to circle way around to get to the field. Might have been a nice tidbit of info for the two AD's (one from each school) to communicate to the parents and fans but I guess it would be asking too much.

Last edited by OneTiger; 08-13-18 at 01:18 PM.
Old 08-13-18, 09:25 AM
All Ohio

Thanks!
Old 08-13-18, 09:56 AM
Varsity

pctigers is on a distinguished road
Freshman Only ... per coaching staff
Old 08-13-18, 10:04 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by pctigers View Post
Freshman Only ... per coaching staff
Thanks, you saved me a long drive.
Old 08-13-18, 10:07 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by PicktownBandDad View Post
Thanks, you saved me a long drive.
Sorry, never heard that till now.
Old 08-13-18, 10:08 AM
Varsity

pctigers is on a distinguished road
Quote:
5:30. Note: Leppert Rd. was closed for const. Saturday. We had to circle way around to get to the field. Might have been a nice tidbit of info for the two AD's to communicate to the parents and fans but I guess it would be asking too much.
Did you ever think Hilliard never mentioned it ??

They are learning the Pickerington way of doing things, I would give them a break.
Old 08-13-18, 12:19 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by pctigers View Post
Did you ever think Hilliard never mentioned it ??

They are learning the Pickerington way of doing things, I would give them a break.
"the two AD's" would indicate I meant 1 from HD and 1 from PC, not 2 from PC. The AD from HD could have let the AD from PC know about the road closure. That better? There is only 1 "AD" from each school. All others are "Asst. AD's". It's over now. Just a thought, not a complaint.

Last edited by OneTiger; 08-13-18 at 01:21 PM.
Old 08-13-18, 11:48 PM
All World

Cthelites is on a distinguished road
Quote:
"the two AD's" would indicate I meant 1 from HD and 1 from PC, not 2 from PC. The AD from HD could have let the AD from PC know about the road closure. That better? There is only 1 "AD" from each school. All others are "Asst. AD's". It's over now. Just a thought, not a complaint.
Think he has bigger fish to fry right now than going COTA with the Leppart Rd closure.
Old 08-16-18, 07:07 PM
All American

Went up to see West.South vs PN game/scrimmage. Left before half and PN was up 21-0. South seemed to have some athletes but couldn't get anything going offensively. PN's "O" looked pretty decent, pretty much 3 step drop and hit one of the 6' plus receivers. PN's defense looked sticky as WS kept trying the quick out pass but to no avail. I can see PN rolling everyone except O.Liberty…..before heading to the Ditch to face the music.
Old 08-16-18, 07:33 PM
All World

BGFalcons86 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Went up to see West.South vs PN game/scrimmage. Left before half and PN was up 21-0. South seemed to have some athletes but couldn't get anything going offensively. PN's "O" looked pretty decent, pretty much 3 step drop and hit one of the 6' plus receivers. PN's defense looked sticky as WS kept trying the quick out pass but to no avail. I can see PN rolling everyone except O.Liberty…..before heading to the Ditch to face the music.
Were you at the PC-Darby freshman game? I imagine PC is loaded at pretty much every level.
Old 08-16-18, 08:45 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGFalcons86 View Post
Were you at the PC-Darby freshman game? I imagine PC is loaded at pretty much every level.
Yes I was there. PC frosh were clearly a little unpolished but held their own and appeared to outscore HD around 4-2. The classes above and below the PC frosh have numbers, talent, and size. We (2022) have around 24 players I would say around 18 will contribute through graduation. The 2023 class has a player who will have D1 offers before the end of his freshman year IMO. I would not describe this frosh class as "loaded" but they'll win a few games for sure.
Old 08-16-18, 09:12 PM
All District

Saltlife is on a distinguished road
Quote:
yes I was there too. Was a little dissappointed with west s as they are on the decline pn use to get a good look from them in years past with the dress rehearsal. PN seems to be jelling well. I'm not sure varsity has been scorred on through 3 scrimmages although UA was cut short due to weather. I stand by earlier comments on PN. Front seven in box could be better than last year and all those good receivers are a nightmare for D coordinators. frosh de has been lighting it up, west s literally audabled away from him during a scrimmage ....odd. the outside backer #26 is now inside and goes sideline to sideline. agree big test week one and we all know what awaits at the ditch. I do think this is the best chance in several years to win in the ditch. a lot of work to do and get better to do that though.
Old 08-16-18, 09:34 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltlife View Post
yes I was there too. Was a little dissappointed with west s as they are on the decline pn use to get a good look from them in years past with the dress rehearsal. PN seems to be jelling well. I'm not sure varsity has been scorred on through 3 scrimmages although UA was cut short due to weather. I stand by earlier comments on PN. Front seven in box could be better than last year and all those good receivers are a nightmare for D coordinators. frosh de has been lighting it up, west s literally audabled away from him during a scrimmage ....odd. the outside backer #26 is now inside and goes sideline to sideline. agree big test week one and we all know what awaits at the ditch. I do think this is the best chance in several years to win in the ditch. a lot of work to do and get better to do that though.
The DE you refer to is a soph. only 8 frosh came out for fball this year. I did not see any play in the first half. We are friends with the only frosh who might see varsity action and we sat with his Dad. You mean Hamilton Township didn't score on PN.....Hmmm? IMO PN's "O"line needs to make great strides before the Central game.
Old 08-17-18, 03:52 AM
All World

Harrycrane is an unknown quantity at this point
Im not sure that Liberty hangs real close to PN seeing as though OL will take a small step back and PN seems as good as last year and we know what happened last year . I think PC may be the only team in CO to hang with or capable of beating PN. If Lowery had stayed at Gahanna ? NO, but I think it's PC and PN and everyone else a few steps back
Old 08-17-18, 06:20 AM
Varsity

pantherstat is on a distinguished road
PN 34- WS 0 in the first 2 qtrs when the 1's played.
Old 08-17-18, 06:30 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrycrane View Post
Im not sure that Liberty hangs real close to PN seeing as though OL will take a small step back and PN seems as good as last year and we know what happened last year . I think PC may be the only team in CO to hang with or capable of beating PN. If Lowery had stayed at Gahanna ? NO, but I think it's PC and PN and everyone else a few steps back
HC, I wouldn't rule out Davidson with all their returning players as a team who could hang with PN. I think PC will beat HD but not by much. PN can be sloppy at times and HD would exploit that for sure. As far as PC vs PN goes I will say this. Even with the new QB North is up against a very aggressive pressure before coverage defense. Way, way different than anything they've seen up to that point. Crazy things always happen at the Ditch when these two play but I am quite certain PC will do more than "hang" with little brother North.
Old 08-17-18, 07:23 AM
All World

Harrycrane is an unknown quantity at this point
Oh I agree that PC will give them fits and can surely win the game. I am in record as saying Davidson will be one of if not the most improved team this year in CO.

They aren’t playing PN though. Playoffs may be I suppose but that’s a long way off .
Old 08-17-18, 08:29 AM
All District

Saltlife is on a distinguished road
Quote:
The DE you refer to is a soph. only 8 frosh came out for fball this year. I did not see any play in the first half. We are friends with the only frosh who might see varsity action and we sat with his Dad. You mean Hamilton Township didn't score on PN.....Hmmm? IMO PN's "O"line needs to make great strides before the Central game.
my bad typing error yes sophomore DE. You know the freshman RB then. Yes like what I have heard about PC in their scrimmages, PN line will need to continue to develop. Easier for a spread team than a power team as their blocking scheme often just needs to create creases and hold off rush for 3 step drops. In varsity action PN has not been scored on. Good thing last night PN didn't have to show much. Also 2 JV teams and a lot of sophomores playing at Varsity level with good numbers in jr high. As stated the number for your varsity squad on players and contributors needs to be 35 to be solid. future is bright at PN the anomaly small freshman class means nothing. just means more opportunities for transfers in at that class in future. Have already heard rumblings from kids at PC looking this way.
Old 08-17-18, 01:59 PM
All District

Pickeringtonsports is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltlife View Post
my bad typing error yes sophomore DE. You know the freshman RB then. Yes like what I have heard about PC in their scrimmages, PN line will need to continue to develop. Easier for a spread team than a power team as their blocking scheme often just needs to create creases and hold off rush for 3 step drops. In varsity action PN has not been scored on. Good thing last night PN didn't have to show much. Also 2 JV teams and a lot of sophomores playing at Varsity level with good numbers in jr high. As stated the number for your varsity squad on players and contributors needs to be 35 to be solid. future is bright at PN the anomaly small freshman class means nothing. just means more opportunities for transfers in at that class in future. Have already heard rumblings from kids at PC looking this way.
The PN 8th grade class this year doesn't really have anything either. Kids are getting shut out of Ridgeview so they are trying to make them go to Lakeview. One kid actually moved into the Ridgeview district from out of town and they are making him go to Lakeview. Several other Lakeview players tried to open enroll to Ridgeview and got denied. I think this is due to numbers not sports btw.
Unless you are a QB, it really doesn't make much sense to transfer from/to either school. Just stay put and everything will work out fine.