Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 09-21-18, 08:32 PM
Junior Varsity

snowman33 is on a distinguished road
21-21 at the half. We’ve got ourselves a game here in Wildcat Country!
Old 09-21-18, 09:04 PM
Junior Varsity

28-21 Harrison with 9:36 left in the third qtr
Old 09-21-18, 09:10 PM
Junior Varsity

28-28 middle of the 3rd. Offenses are ruling the night.
Old 09-21-18, 09:25 PM
Junior Varsity

28-28 end of the 3rd. Great game!
Old 09-21-18, 09:41 PM
Junior Varsity

35-35 with 7 min left. Outstanding football game!
Old 09-21-18, 09:59 PM
Junior Varsity

Edgewood scores late for the 42-35 win. Proud of my Cats for fighting hard against a really good team. Great football and great sportsmanship between the two teams.
Old 09-21-18, 10:55 PM
All District

EXPRESS is on a distinguished road
It was a great game with a lot of big third down plays from both teams. Believe it or not edgwood's trick plays is what kept them in the game. Harrison defense made stops and got turnovers but came up short at the end. Cats offense had great field position and opportunities but struggled after the half. Another big injury for the Cats at DE and the top punter in state most likely done. The harrison defense only has 5 starters left from the beginning of the season. Thats a total of 7 starting defensive and offensive lineman out for the season. Congrats edgewood on the win and SWOC title.
Old 09-21-18, 11:07 PM
Junior Varsity

They ran the ball extremely well as expected and had superior line play. They just dominated the line of scrimmage and Connor had little time to throw and was under pressure all night. Losing Meisel is another big blow to the defense. I look at all those big kids on the sidelines on crutches and wearing boots and I just wonder what this season could’ve been for the Cats. Edgewood is a really good team and it was a great game to watch. Best of luck to the Cougars the rest of the way.
Old 09-21-18, 11:08 PM
All Region

Pull-to-Trap is on a distinguished road
Great game, need a drink though. Not impressed with the refs but that seems to be the norm these days.

MVP goes to the PA announcer. Don’t think he made a mistake all game and no one can see the numbers on those white jerseys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-21-18, 11:55 PM
All Yappi

hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by EXPRESS View Post
It was a great game with a lot of big third down plays from both teams. Believe it or not edgwood's trick plays is what kept them in the game. Harrison defense made stops and got turnovers but came up short at the end. Cats offense had great field position and opportunities but struggled after the half. Another big injury for the Cats at DE and the top punter in state most likely done. The harrison defense only has 5 starters left from the beginning of the season. Thats a total of 7 starting defensive and offensive lineman out for the season. Congrats edgewood on the win and SWOC title.
Uh, no Harrison didn't stop Edgewood the whole game , we fumbled twice and didn't punt the whole game.Kinnett is absolutely the best QB in this league by a long ways. Harrison only punted once , turned the ball over on downs once, and threw an interception on their last offensive play. Uh 3 facemask penalties, roughing the kicker on a missed field goal attempt, and 3 illegal motion penalties on Edgewood.Sloppy game lucky to win.UH I will say Harrison is a much better team at home . Go figure. Scary thing is 14 starters return for Harrison including the QB, 3 of their top 4 receivers, all 3 LBS and 3 of their DBS plus all of their RBS.Look out next year. Without all the injuries Harrison would have been a load this season, their offense is very good.
Old 09-22-18, 12:04 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXPRESS View Post
Uh, Edgewood ran one trick play and sweep 25 times. Edgewood gave up 3rd and 20 twice in this game and sacked Kinnett 5 times. One holding call on Harrison 26, pass plays.Uh ya think?
Old 09-22-18, 12:14 AM
All Region

Pull-to-Trap is on a distinguished road
Also a big shout out to the Harrison band. They were engaged with the students and fans the entire game and that always improves the atmosphere.

Edgewood’s band socializes and plays around paying no attention to the game. Sad, those days are over when the drum corps actually participated over by the students.

Old 09-22-18, 12:17 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pull-to-Trap View Post
Also a big shout out to the Harrison band. They were engaged with the students and fans the entire game and that always improves the atmosphere.

Edgewood’s band socializes and plays around paying no attention to the game. Sad, those days are over when the drum corps actually participated over by the students.

Uh, congrats to the cougar nation, great crowd even for a late game. Edgewood travels well.
Old 09-22-18, 01:26 AM
All Ohio

speedthatkills is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman33 View Post
You need to take a look a few posts back where I blow your "Harrison is the largest school in the league" argument to pieces. Also, I think we had a TD called back due to a penalty as well along with having more penalties for more yardage. You see, Ross wasn't the only team to have "hidden yardage" in penalties. I've never seen someone reach so much in order to back up an opinion. The truth is that Ross held on for dear life and then were finally blown out in a very devastating fourth quarter attack by the Wildcats. You lost by 5 TD and it could've been worse. Of course our defense was tired. They were on the field for 36 minutes so I would expect them to be tired. I've complimented Ross in other threads. They're definitely better than they've been the last few years but to pretend that it was really a tight game that got out of control at the very end is just a dream that isn't backed up at all by reality.
Lol u don’t blow anything....well never mind. You go from ohsaa which is looking at 3 classes. Look at total enrollment.

I swear it is tough carrying on a discussion with someone that is too biased to be objective. Idiot. And maybe if you would control your kids and keep them from talking about doing things to little girls on social media you would not have to fill so many holes. There is another fact you can go check.
Old 09-22-18, 03:23 AM
Freshman

quacker835 is on a distinguished road
Uncalled for. Absolute classless. Next time sober up before you type your tough guy words on the internet.
Old 09-22-18, 05:32 AM
All American

SouthwestOhioGuy17 is on a distinguished road
Edgewood-Harrison

Edgewood survives offensive slugfest, conquers Harrison

https://www.journal-news.com/sports/...mpu1rIwEqUbuN/
Old 09-23-18, 01:36 AM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedthatkills View Post
Lol u don’t blow anything....well never mind. You go from ohsaa which is looking at 3 classes. Look at total enrollment.

I swear it is tough carrying on a discussion with someone that is too biased to be objective. Idiot. And maybe if you would control your kids and keep them from talking about doing things to little girls on social media you would not have to fill so many holes. There is another fact you can go check.
I don’t need to check any other facts. Your “facts” have been called out by three different posters and your response is to start name calling and making classless comments. You’re a disgrace to Ross fans. Goodnight and we’ll see you next year for your annual beat down.
Old 09-23-18, 01:42 AM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pull-to-Trap View Post

Our band definitely stays closely engaged with our student section and I appreciate you complimenting them. Edgewood brought a lot of fans as usual and it was a great atmosphere for sure. Talked to some friends during the game and we all agreed that Harrison/Edgewood games are the way it’s supposed to be. Great fan support, two good football teams, and it’s always seemed like there is a lot of mutual respect between the teams and fans. Good luck the rest of the season.
Old 09-23-18, 11:42 AM
All District

EXPRESS is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedthatkills View Post

You're officially a POS a**hole.
Old 09-23-18, 03:25 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Our band definitely stays closely engaged with our student section and I appreciate you complimenting them. Edgewood brought a lot of fans as usual and it was a great atmosphere for sure. Talked to some friends during the game and we all agreed that Harrison/Edgewood games are the way it’s supposed to be. Great fan support, two good football teams, and it’s always seemed like there is a lot of mutual respect between the teams and fans. Good luck the rest of the season.
Uh Harrison QB is the best in the league and is just a Junior. Harrison will be really good next season. All RBS and LBS back and 3 of the top receivers back.Lose the 2 DE/LB but 3 of the 4 DBS are back also. Scary. Fette will be a big loss. Like Derek Smith at LB and only a Junior.
Old 09-23-18, 05:46 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
They ran the ball extremely well as expected and had superior line play. They just dominated the line of scrimmage and Connor had little time to throw and was under pressure all night. Losing Meisel is another big blow to the defense. I look at all those big kids on the sidelines on crutches and wearing boots and I just wonder what this season could’ve been for the Cats. Edgewood is a really good team and it was a great game to watch. Best of luck to the Cougars the rest of the way.
Uh Harrison held our DES on almost every play.Uh Referee looked like he belonged in a nursing home. UH if you don't call holding, Harrison can hurt you and the QB is outstanding. Harrison is a much better team at home.
Old 09-23-18, 07:01 PM
Junior Varsity

Please, no complaining about officiating. You really think your linemen block cleanly on every play? Or do you think they get away with holding sometimes? Exactly. Officiating wasn’t a factor in the game. Edgewood won by a touchdown fair and square. The score was very indicative of the closeness of the game. Nobody got help and nobody got screwed.
Old 09-23-18, 07:11 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Please, no complaining about officiating. You really think your linemen block cleanly on every play? Or do you think they get away with holding sometimes? Exactly. Officiating wasn’t a factor in the game. Edgewood won by a touchdown fair and square. The score was very indicative of the closeness of the game. Nobody got help and nobody got screwed.
Uh sorry, saw the game and Harrison pretty much held on every passing play. The 2 big DES for Edgewood were taken out of the game because they were held on passing plays.Uh Edgewood 7 penalties for 70 yards, Harrison 3 for 30 yards. Uh 2 penalties that changed the game, a roughing the kicker on a missed field goal, and holding against Edgewood after a pickup of 3rd and 15. Uh holding called by the line judge. Uh go figure.
Old 09-23-18, 09:08 PM
Junior Varsity

And all those big holes, Edgewood blocks cleanly on every play and never holds, right? Where did you get your stats? I'm looking at the official stats from the game and it clearly shows Edgewood 6 penalties for 50 yards and Harrison 3 for 23. Quit grabbing facemasks that everyone can see and the penalty calls would be nearly exactly the same. But that's right, Edgewood is SO good that the only way a team can play them close is to hold every play. I got it now.