Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > League/School Forums > Elder Panthers

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 09-16-18, 08:40 AM
All World

FinalWord is on a distinguished road
Halftime adjustments...or lack thereof...

I’m still very bullish on the Panthers this year and I think they are going to go up to Cleveland next weekend with a chip on their shoulder and win big.

That said, the lack of halftime adjustments or the ability to react to the 2nd half adjustments made by the opponents at halftime is concerning. The last 3 weeks, the Panthers have scored a total of 68 points on offense during the first half and yet a total of only 19 points in the 2nd half. The offense has been shut out in the 2nd half two weeks in a row....that speaks to halftime adjustments — or the lack thereof...

We need to fix that moving forward...

With our schedule, we weren’t going to go undefeated. Learn from the St. Ed game and move on...

Last edited by FinalWord; 09-16-18 at 08:42 AM. Reason: ..
Old 09-16-18, 09:56 AM
All American

trey2k is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't know that it's adjustments, but simply the way their offense operates. Receivers are possession receivers, their backs aren't game-breakers, and their QB rarely throws a deep ball and also isn't a game breaker (not saying any of these as insults, it's who they are).

When you have that type of offense, it depends on rhythm. If that rhythm gets disrupted, you're not going to score very often. It's hard to have 4-5 long drives per game. It's tough enough to get 1 or 2.

Without a game breaker, they are very predictable. It's just the nature of their lack of athleticism, IMO, and not adjustments. They have to win with stellar execution. That's how they make up the difference in their lack of athleticism. There will be times when talent overcomes that and they lose.

Last edited by trey2k; 09-16-18 at 10:14 AM.
Old 09-16-18, 11:19 AM
All Yappi

PURPLE REIGN is on a distinguished road
Elder is predictable. The short passing game is awesome, but when you play good teams, you can only run the same 5 plays so many times. No screens, no reverses, no fake hitch and go, no snaps under center (in 10 years), no streaks deep to keep the DB honest, etc. Did Bittner throw two balls in the air more than 20 yards downfield? When you limit the field to 20 yards it's as if the entire field is the red-zone where its hard to score. Good teams realize what Elder is doing and simply adjust.

On offense, Ed's adjusted, realized Elder could not stop them on the ground and decided to run the football 90% in the 2nd half. Game over.
Old 09-16-18, 01:09 PM
Junior Varsity

pantherland is on a distinguished road
Agreed! Some of my thought after 4 games.

- Bittner to Trischler/Royer is pretty much unstoppable.
-The defense looks tiny and gets pushed around.
-If they are not going to run Massminster I'd move him to safety/rover. They may have to find a replacement for Obrien depending on his knee?
-I know Ramsey likes to load up the talent on the offensive side of the ball, but maybe they could move Ginn, Smith to D line? The O is loaded and I think they could move a guy.
- Bittner needs to take less hits. He wasn't 100% in the second half. Too much pounding.

This team can win GCL. A state run is TBD??