Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Debate Forum

 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-14-19, 01:02 PM
Happygoluckky Happygoluckky is online now
All World
 
Join Date: 11-29-14
Posts: 4,872
Happygoluckky is on a distinguished road
US Office of Special Counsel has recommended Kellyanne be removed

For the first time ever, the US Office of Special Counsel, which oversees compliance with the Hatch Act, has recommended KellyAnne Conway be removed from federal service. They said she violated the law numerous times.

This is the most corrupt administration in my lifetime.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...ch-act-1364221
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 06-14-19, 01:12 PM
chs1971 chs1971 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 07-30-16
Posts: 5,423
chs1971 will become famous soon enough
She should be removed from office for criticizing Democrats?

hahahahhahahahahahahahahahaha
  #3  
Old 06-14-19, 01:51 PM
Yappi Yappi is offline
Go Buckeyes
 
Join Date: 04-15-01
Location: Ohio
Posts: 56,977
Yappi will become famous soon enoughYappi will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happygoluckky View Post
For the first time ever
That is the most important part of your quote. "For the first time ever." Think about that. An insignificant law that has been in place for 80 years...long before the incredible amount of access to communication by all citizens is being used as a weapon against someone in the White House. Shame on another liberal political stunt.

This reminds me of those ridiculous laws that are on the books in some communities like no spitting on the ground or no holding hands in school. They may be illegal but no one is enforcing the law. It just takes one Barney Fife to find these laws and try to enforce them. Looks like the US Office of Special Counsel has found their Barney Fife.
  #4  
Old 06-14-19, 01:57 PM
hubman hubman is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 09-09-02
Location: Akron Ohio
Posts: 4,210
hubman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yappi View Post
That is the most important part of your quote. "For the first time ever." Think about that. An insignificant law that has been in place for 80 years...long before the incredible amount of access to communication by all citizens is being used as a weapon against someone in the White House. Shame on another liberal political stunt.

This reminds me of those ridiculous laws that are on the books in some communities like no spitting on the ground or no holding hands in school. They may be illegal but no one is enforcing the law. It just takes one Barney Fife to find these laws and try to enforce them. Looks like the US Office of Special Counsel has found their Barney Fife.
Actually Federal employees are routinely punished for violating the Hatch act, this is just the first time someone so high up has so blatantly and consistently violated it.

https://www.fedweek.com/federal-mana...-restrictions/
  #5  
Old 06-14-19, 02:09 PM
Qcity Qcity is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 01-30-08
Posts: 2,765
Qcity is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happygoluckky View Post
For the first time ever, the US Office of Special Counsel, which oversees compliance with the Hatch Act, has recommended KellyAnne Conway be removed from federal service. They said she violated the law numerous times.

This is the most corrupt administration in my lifetime.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...ch-act-1364221


So, you ARE two years old .....................splains everything
  #6  
Old 06-14-19, 02:21 PM
BlueJayFan BlueJayFan is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-23-14
Posts: 6,445
BlueJayFan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hubman View Post
Actually Federal employees are routinely punished for violating the Hatch act, this is just the first time someone so high up has so blatantly and consistently violated it.

https://www.fedweek.com/federal-mana...-restrictions/
Bloop
  #7  
Old 06-14-19, 04:14 PM
Termite2 Termite2 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 07-11-03
Location: North Sycamore Twp
Posts: 14,979
Termite2 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by hubman View Post
Actually Federal employees are routinely punished for violating the Hatch act, this is just the first time someone so high up has so blatantly and consistently violated it.

https://www.fedweek.com/federal-mana...-restrictions/

As a retired Federal employee; no, employees are not routinely punished for violating the Hatch Act. Doubt there is a single person I worked with[100's over time] who did not violate the Hatch Act if you consider that calling the administration ^&^&%$$$, none were ever reprimanded, let alone fired.
If there was a Democratic administration in power, the union stewards in the workplace would tell who to vote for, if it was Republican Administration in power not so much.
  #8  
Old 06-14-19, 05:03 PM
hubman hubman is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 09-09-02
Location: Akron Ohio
Posts: 4,210
hubman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Termite2 View Post
As a retired Federal employee; no, employees are not routinely punished for violating the Hatch Act. Doubt there is a single person I worked with[100's over time] who did not violate the Hatch Act if you consider that calling the administration ^&^&%$$$, none were ever reprimanded, let alone fired.
If there was a Democratic administration in power, the union stewards in the workplace would tell who to vote for, if it was Republican Administration in power not so much.
As a Federal employee were you not regularly warned about the Hatch act and possible punishments, and also how to report violations?
  #9  
Old 06-14-19, 05:22 PM
Termite2 Termite2 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 07-11-03
Location: North Sycamore Twp
Posts: 14,979
Termite2 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by hubman View Post
As a Federal employee were you not regularly warned about the Hatch act and possible punishments, and also how to report violations?
No, there was a poster, next to the FLSA, OSHA, and various other posters
  #10  
Old 06-14-19, 08:32 PM
SWMCinci SWMCinci is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 02-20-07
Location: Outside of Ohio..... Now
Posts: 19,495
SWMCinci is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happygoluckky View Post
For the first time ever, the US Office of Special Counsel, which oversees compliance with the Hatch Act, has recommended KellyAnne Conway be removed from federal service. They said she violated the law numerous times.

This is the most corrupt administration in my lifetime.

...
Why are your parents letting a 2 year old play with the computer? Your posting kind'a destroys the infinite monkey theorem.
  #11  
Old 06-14-19, 09:04 PM
thavoice thavoice is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 07-17-07
Posts: 9,219
thavoice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hubman View Post
As a Federal employee were you not regularly warned about the Hatch act and possible punishments, and also how to report violations?
I am a federal employee and have never heard of the Hatch Act.
  #12  
Old 06-14-19, 09:07 PM
OhioBobcatFan06 OhioBobcatFan06 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 07-06-05
Location: ohio bobcats hoops
Posts: 18,875
OhioBobcatFan06 is on a distinguished road
  #13  
Old 06-14-19, 09:26 PM
bigkat bigkat is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-06-14
Posts: 4,342
bigkat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happygoluckky View Post
For the first time ever, the US Office of Special Counsel, which oversees compliance with the Hatch Act, has recommended KellyAnne Conway be removed from federal service. They said she violated the law numerous times.

This is the most corrupt administration in my lifetime.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...ch-act-1364221
  #14  
Old 06-15-19, 06:54 AM
chito chito is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 06-18-02
Posts: 626
chito is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happygoluckky View Post
For the first time ever, the US Office of Special Counsel, which oversees compliance with the Hatch Act, has recommended KellyAnne Conway be removed from federal service. They said she violated the law numerous times.

This is the most corrupt administration in my lifetime.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...ch-act-1364221
Well no....not the first time ever.
https://www.politico.com/story/2016/...d-hatch-225732
  #15  
Old 06-15-19, 09:26 AM
fish82 fish82 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-16-05
Location: Secure
Posts: 14,512
fish82 will become famous soon enoughfish82 will become famous soon enough
Yet another faceplant by Happy.
  #16  
Old 06-15-19, 12:39 PM
hubman hubman is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 09-09-02
Location: Akron Ohio
Posts: 4,210
hubman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by chito View Post
Well no....not the first time ever.
https://www.politico.com/story/2016/...d-hatch-225732
https://www.politico.com/story/2012/...tch-act-081122

Kathleen Sebilius ran afoul of the Hatch act also. The difference being Castro and Sebilius did it once owned up to it and didn't do it again. Kellyanne repeatedly drove a truck through the law, the OSC listed no less than 6 brazen examples.
  #17  
Old 06-15-19, 02:12 PM
chs1971 chs1971 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 07-30-16
Posts: 5,423
chs1971 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by hubman View Post
https://www.politico.com/story/2012/...tch-act-081122

Kathleen Sebilius ran afoul of the Hatch act also. The difference being Castro and Sebilius did it once owned up to it and didn't do it again. Kellyanne repeatedly drove a truck through the law, the OSC listed no less than 6 brazen examples.
Brazen examples. I didn't know they were brazen. That might make a difference.


nah
  #18  
Old 06-15-19, 02:15 PM
hubman hubman is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 09-09-02
Location: Akron Ohio
Posts: 4,210
hubman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by chs1971 View Post
Brazen examples. I didn't know they were brazen. That might make a difference.


nah
How about to the word repeatedly, does that make a difference?
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Spygate: the FBI/DoJ/DNC collusion and abuse of power Qcity Debate Forum 539 07-11-19 08:44 AM
FBI investigating ties between Russia and Trump Campaign BlueJayFan Debate Forum 8128 07-10-19 09:41 PM
Federal Ethics office says Kellyanne Conway should be removed hubman Debate Forum 3 06-13-19 04:05 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:52 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.