Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 12-08-18, 08:31 PM
All District

WISHBONE14 is on a distinguished road
Massie and London week 2!????

both London and Massie have week 2 open.....makes sense to me!!!!!!......thoughts???!!
Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-18, 08:40 PM
Junior Varsity

OriginalFalconII is on a distinguished road
Hell Yeah!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-08-18, 08:44 PM
All District

does London wanna do it?? I'm sure massie would be up for it...looks like London may have turned the corner....think this would be an awesome week 2 game for both programs....
Old 12-08-18, 10:43 PM
All American

The Dock is on a distinguished road
...isn’t London playing Madison-Plains in week 2?
Old 12-09-18, 08:34 AM
All District

Riverman is on a distinguished road
Didn't Clinton Massie go back and sign a 2 year deal with Blanchester ? Massie's OCC was very nice with them playing Coldwater, Fenwick, Hartley. But trading Coldwater for Blanchester DV is a big step back. Bad enough that Massie starts with East Clinton DV Why are they still playing them,it does either team any good. London would be a nice game to pick up, hell any team in DIV would be better. Love to see some early big games in DIV R16 Massie,Wyoming,Valley View, London, Indian Hill,etc.
Old 12-09-18, 10:25 AM
All District

plains dropped them....and Blan and EC are cross over games in the league, I believe....still have Fenwick week 3 and Hartley week 5....
Old 12-09-18, 12:21 PM
All District

wresfan is on a distinguished road
Would like to see massie bring in a out of state team
Old 12-09-18, 04:42 PM
All District

triple option is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverman View Post
Didn't Clinton Massie go back and sign a 2 year deal with Blanchester ? Massie's OCC was very nice with them playing Coldwater, Fenwick, Hartley. But trading Coldwater for Blanchester DV is a big step back. Bad enough that Massie starts with East Clinton DV Why are they still playing them,it does either team any good. London would be a nice game to pick up, hell any team in DIV would be better. Love to see some early big games in DIV R16 Massie,Wyoming,Valley View, London, Indian Hill,etc.
I believe CM drops trace and fills in with Blanchester this coming year.
Old 12-10-18, 04:57 AM
All Ohio

Off_Tackle08 is on a distinguished road
There are no league mandates for crossovers anymore and Massie didn’t drop CW, CW dropped Massie. I believe they said they found a school closer to home which totally made sense in my mind... but I saw it’s Cincinnati Mt Healthy. Which isn’t closer...
Old 12-10-18, 08:20 AM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Off_Tackle08 View Post
There are no league mandates for crossovers anymore and Massie didn’t drop CW, CW dropped Massie. I believe they said they found a school closer to home which totally made sense in my mind... but I saw it’s Cincinnati Mt Healthy. Which isn’t closer...
Not true.

It was never meant to go past two years. COldwater has been rotating their week 2 opponents every two years and have been doing so for quite some time. They have been playing the same week 1 team (Kenton) for quite some time and want to change their schedule up routinely.

CW wouldn't back down to Massie. They split the 2 game series 1-1. CM won a close game in 2017 (CW's least talented team in a decade plus) and CW won this in 2018 (second least talented team in the last decade).

WIth that said, the rumors around MAC land is that Marion Local and CM are playing but I am not sure how truthful that is.

If so, MSML has bit off more than they can chew with this one as they talent has all graduated the last two years and many expect them to miss the playoffs next year no matter whom they pick up in week 2.

I think the Flyers should look for an easy win in week 2 instead of going after CM. In years past, yaeh, MSML would give CM all they could handle and likely would have won the series if they played the last 10 years but the glory days are over for the Flyers
Old 12-10-18, 07:43 PM
All American

America is an unknown quantity at this point
Alter has been wanting to play Massie since they jumped to D3 and the Falcons have said no twice.
Old 12-10-18, 10:26 PM
All American

StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Off_Tackle08 View Post
I thought that we were actually going to renew the contract. The adding of Mt Healthy took me by surprise too. Not to sure what happened and why we didn't renew.
Old 12-11-18, 08:21 AM
All District

rumor has it that Massie has contacted London but they will not return the call...maybe they feel they got their "win" of the century......and don't wanna play...just when you've thought that program turned the corner....games are hard to come by, and I think this would be a great week 2 matchup....just my opinion....
Old 12-11-18, 08:42 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateChampion2012 View Post
I thought that we were actually going to renew the contract. The adding of Mt Healthy took me by surprise too. Not to sure what happened and why we didn't renew.
I recall talking to my inside contacts and even at the time of signing with CM they both said it was just going to be a two year thing as they keep rotating that week 2 to new opponents.

I am okay with that, although I think they are starting to bite off more than they can chew with getting bigger and bigger schools.

3-8 years ago, heck yeah I would be all over it!

As far as London/CM. I imagine London is looking for their best fit and what they need to do. THey are moving to the CBC which isn't all that tough and littered with smaller schools so I would not be surprised if they are looking for a guarantee win to fill that spot. With going to a new conference they may not know exactly how things are going to pan out and looking for the path of least resistance.
Old 12-11-18, 08:58 AM
Freshman

Bad_Bengal is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WISHBONE14 View Post
rumor has it that Massie has contacted London but they will not return the call...maybe they feel they got their "win" of the century......and don't wanna play...just when you've thought that program turned the corner....games are hard to come by, and I think this would be a great week 2 matchup....just my opinion....
If this is true, hope they realize that you can't hide come playoff time. Eventually you will run into Massie again, being in the same region.
Old 12-11-18, 09:31 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_Bengal View Post
If this is true, hope they realize that you can't hide come playoff time. Eventually you will run into Massie again, being in the same region.
Not a huge fan of having a team you are likely to meet in the playoffs from your region during the regular season.

We have faced at least 6 teams twice in a season before and I am not a fan.

I wouldn't call it hiding by London at all.
Old 12-11-18, 11:14 AM
All Ohio

Off_Tackle08 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by thavoice View Post
Not true.

It was never meant to go past two years. COldwater has been rotating their week 2 opponents every two years and have been doing so for quite some time. They have been playing the same week 1 team (Kenton) for quite some time and want to change their schedule up routinely.

CW wouldn't back down to Massie. They split the 2 game series 1-1. CM won a close game in 2017 (CW's least talented team in a decade plus) and CW won this in 2018 (second least talented team in the last decade).

WIth that said, the rumors around MAC land is that Marion Local and CM are playing but I am not sure how truthful that is.

If so, MSML has bit off more than they can chew with this one as they talent has all graduated the last two years and many expect them to miss the playoffs next year no matter whom they pick up in week 2.

I think the Flyers should look for an easy win in week 2 instead of going after CM. In years past, yaeh, MSML would give CM all they could handle and likely would have won the series if they played the last 10 years but the glory days are over for the Flyers
At one point, CW and Massie had an understanding that this would go 4-6 years. People at Massie were shocked and upset that Coldwater when Coldwater said they didn't want to do another series. I know that first hand. I'm not saying CW was "backing down" or being a chicken.
Old 12-11-18, 11:28 AM
All American

Raider6309 is on a distinguished road
My favorite threads. A good team gets steam rolled by a team and gets its ego hurt so a good team poster makes a thread saying that team won’t play them the next year
Old 12-11-18, 05:06 PM
Junior Varsity

flash18 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
both London and Massie have week 2 open.....makes sense to me!!!!!!......thoughts???!!
I would think the Massie coaches would love for this game to happen as they underestimated and overlooked this years London team and would like the rematch. This game was lost early in the week as coaches changed practice times, nixed the weekly defense film session, missed practices, walk thru's and team meals to coach pee wee football and so on. This lack of urgency carried over to the boys and they took the attitude that "we got this all we gotta do is show up attitude" and we will win. We know where that got us.

In hind site the team breakfast was like going to a funeral. Only a few coaches and about 25 of the 80 players attended. Not sure why the change but in years past all coaches and players from freshman to varsity attended. This skeleton crew was troublesome as there was a bad vibe in the room that morning.

In closing, Cane Dad said it best "whoever filled in for Big Dan didn't get it done and the Massie boys were flat and unmotivated". Couple the lack of urgency during the week and a poor defense scheme with ZERO halftime adjustments equals going home in round 2. When it's lose and go home bastard defense or not you gotta put your athletes on the field.
Old 12-11-18, 05:36 PM
Freshman

HighSchoolisOver is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Maybe the ego of Massie wants another try at London in ‘19 regular season, but not so sure based on the retained talent nor size of the underclass at this stage. Possibly getting the usual game prep and mentality would help, and removing McSurley’s “proxy” strategist from the booth may alter the outcome....WAIT Flash18- you got me thinking optimistic for a second. Dang it.

We know peewee wouldn’t be the focus of the week #2 in ‘19 but we also all know the:
- lack of creativity against a fresh unseen before offensive formation, and
- not putting the strongest (D1 prospects) on the field after half time and
- not exploding the shotgun attack that was effective before the half
would NEVER EVER happen from those coordinators.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day, and so does a myopic option run and 4:3 defense work half the time. If you are “running out of time” you need to change that battery or adjust the springs to function- or else you are just too late my friends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-11-18, 08:22 PM
All Ohio

Crimson and Black is on a distinguished road
A noticeable phenomenon..........Fans always want to schedule the team that beat them the year before in the playoffs.