Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 12-07-18, 04:51 PM
All American

Vincent and Regina is on a distinguished road
Jerry Snodgrass does he have a clue?

https://931thefan.com/ohsaa-executiv...n-the-morning/

After listening to this, I don't think he has a clue.

Referring to Fawcett Stadium as an NFL stadium is a joke. What team uses it as a home field for the majority of their season?

Thinking Canton has enough parking is another joke.

How he talks about Fox Sports didn't want the state finals is another joke? OHSAA was charging too much, because Michigan and California were on my Fox Sports Go App.

Jerry forgot people now have Google. With Google, we can call his BS.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-18, 06:58 AM
Scatologist

EagleFan will become famous soon enoughEagleFan will become famous soon enough
Someone does not have a clue.
Old 12-08-18, 07:00 AM
All Region

E.S. Furgeson is on a distinguished road
...Says the kettle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-08-18, 08:51 AM
All World

AllSports12 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent and Regina View Post

Referring to Fawcett Stadium as an NFL stadium is a joke. What team uses it as a home field for the majority of their season?

How he talks about Fox Sports didn't want the state finals is another joke? OHSAA was charging too much, because Michigan and California were on my Fox Sports Go App.

So just how many parking spaces does the stadium have? ( and how do you know this to be true? I thought the drive was too much for people in the SW District )
How many are mandated by zoning?
How many are recommended for a facility such as this? (industry standards)

How much was the OHSAA "charging" FoxSports? (hint >>> they didn't make squat on the previous agreement)
What were the terms of the contracts between FoxSports and the OHSAA, Michigan, and California? How do they compare?

Apparently, not only do people know what offenses their favorite high schools should be running, what defensive schemes their favorite high schools should be employing, what kids should be playing up (or down), who should start, what the schedule should be, why a coach should or should not make a career move....... but now they know how to administer a state athletic association.....

........All without having one moment of experience in handling any of the subjects listed above.

Last edited by AllSports12; 12-08-18 at 09:06 AM.
Old 12-08-18, 10:17 AM
All District

RedEagle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
https://931thefan.com/ohsaa-executiv...n-the-morning/

Please enlighten us.....
What was your experience with parking, because I had no issues!!
Please tell us, how much was OHSAA attempting to charge FOX?
Do you understand why he referred to Canton as "an NFL stadium," or do you need a deeper dive into google to answer your question???

I anxiously await your Google-based replies!
Old 12-08-18, 12:53 PM
All Yappi

Mackinbiner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllSports12 View Post
So just how many parking spaces does the stadium have? ( and how do you know this to be true? I thought the drive was too much for people in the SW District )

How much was the OHSAA "charging" FoxSports? (hint >>> they didn't make squat on the previous agreement)
What were the terms of the contracts between FoxSports and the OHSAA, Michigan, and California? How do they compare?

Apparently, not only do people know what offenses their favorite high schools should be running, what defensive schemes their favorite high schools should be employing, what kids should be playing up (or down), who should start, what the schedule should be, why a coach should or should not make a career move....... but now they know how to administer a state athletic association.....

........All without having one moment of experience in handling any of the subjects listed above.
Very well said.

Nowadays, it's very easy to launch unsubstantiated rants and gain traction from others more interested in conspiracy theories than the truth.
Old 12-08-18, 01:20 PM
All District

HSsportfan is on a distinguished road
Jerry Snodgrass is the BEST thing to happen to the OHSAA!!!!
Old 12-08-18, 01:48 PM
All Region

bb9
Having spoken to and met Jerry several times, I think he is exactly who the OHSAA needs at the helm.
Old 12-08-18, 02:51 PM
All World

chs1971 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Experience, education and expertise are all archaic concepts. All that is needed is a keyboard and internet access.
Old 12-08-18, 03:24 PM
All Yappi

LICKING COUNTY FAN is on a distinguished road
Its an nfl stadium.
Old 12-08-18, 07:10 PM
All World

HTFF is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedEagle View Post
Please enlighten us.....
Do you understand why he referred to Canton as "an NFL stadium," or do you need a deeper dive into google to answer your question???

Been there 3 times. Parked in someone’s front yard two times. It’s a joke
Old 12-08-18, 11:30 PM
All Region

Salesman is on a distinguished road
Quote:

I love and agree with everything you said here. There are so many comments anymore from people who have ZERO experience in coaching, ZERO experience in administration, and it seems ZERO experience in dealing with high school student/athletes. Thank you so much for posting your statement. I could not have said it better!!!

Also, Jerry Snodgrass is the best thing that has happened to Ohio high school athletics in a long time. As a former athletic director I have had the opportunity to speak with him many times in the past. He genuinely cares about high school sports in Ohio, as well as the coaches, athletes, and fans. I don't think this has always been true with past directors and commissioners.

The only person who doesn't have a clue is the person who brought this whole thing up originally.
Old 12-09-18, 05:37 PM
All American

Vincent and Regina is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedEagle View Post
Please enlighten us.....

Well we know who was on Fox and who wasn't. We know who exposed their kids to a national audience and we know who put them on a public access channel.

I arrived two hours before game time, and had to walk from the "Buckeye Council , Boys Scouts of America" parking lot.

An NFL stadium has more than one game per year. An NFL stadium never has a game canceled because the turf is in such poor shape. Ohio Stadium, Nippert Stadium, PBS, First Energy Field, and all of the MAC stadiums are better than Canton.

I don't need to dive deeper, a lot of people need to explorer more than Stark County.
Old 12-09-18, 06:31 PM
All Yappi

ohiopup is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I arrived two hours before game time, and had to walk from the "Buckeye Council , Boys Scouts of America" parking lot.

13th Street to 18th Street (McKinley's address is on 17th Street
but since the stadium is behind the school ~ 1 more street added)

a total of 5 blocks .

:>---

EGA
Old 12-09-18, 09:09 PM
Junior Varsity

theterribletowel is on a distinguished road
You really think all the MAC stadiums are better? Yeah, Jerry is the person who doesn't have a clue.
Old 12-09-18, 09:23 PM
All Ohio

ringer2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salesman View Post
As a former athletic director I have had the opportunity to speak with him many times in the past. He genuinely cares about high school sports in Ohio, as well as the coaches, athletes, and fans. I don't think this has always been true with past directors and commissioners.

The only person who doesn't have a clue is the person who brought this whole thing up originally.
As someone who has spoken with Dan Ross many times in the past, I can assure you the same thing was true of him, even if i disagreed with him. There is no reason to doubt his authenticity or commitment to doing the right thing.
Old 12-10-18, 10:11 AM
All American

The Dock is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Well we know who was on Fox and who wasn't. We know who exposed their kids to a national audience and we know who put them on a public access channel.

An NFL stadium has more than one game per year. An NFL stadium never has a game canceled because the turf is in such poor shape. Ohio Stadium, Nippert Stadium, PBS, First Energy Field, and all of the MAC stadiums are better than Canton.

I don't need to dive deeper, a lot of people need to explorer more than Stark County.
LMAOOOOOOOOO

get a load of this guy, out here setting the criteria
Old 12-10-18, 10:23 AM
All World

Quote:

Agree
Always been a that way. Who wants to go to Canton
Old 12-10-18, 11:03 AM
All World

tom 48 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTFF View Post
Agree
Always been a that way. Who wants to go to Canton
Easy solution. Don't go. If your team makes it, just refuse to support them, because you don't like the walk from the lot.
Old 12-10-18, 12:49 PM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom 48 View Post
Easy solution. Don't go. If your team makes it, just refuse to support them, because you don't like the walk from the lot.
and people aren't. Attendance keeps dwindling.

No one really wants to go to NEO for the games. I will go when I team makes it but when its in Columbus I attend if anyone in our league makes it. Just an all around better place to go and visit and attend games in Columbus and of course...the location
Old 12-10-18, 01:23 PM
All Yappi

thePITman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bb9 View Post
Having spoken to and met Jerry several times, I think he is exactly who the OHSAA needs at the helm.
Same here.
Old 12-10-18, 02:31 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by thavoice View Post
and people aren't. Attendance keeps dwindling.

No one really wants to go to NEO for the games. I will go when I team makes it but when its in Columbus I attend if anyone in our league makes it. Just an all around better place to go and visit and attend games in Columbus and of course...the location
Why then didn't Columbus (The Shoe) produce a top 5 cumulative attendance figure? (with 7 games)
Old 12-10-18, 04:32 PM
All District

hammer89 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Why then didn't Columbus (The Shoe) produce a top 5 cumulative attendance figure? (with 7 games)
They did. 62,089, third all time, 2015.
Old 12-10-18, 05:34 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammer89 View Post
They did. 62,089, third all time, 2015.
Good.....

that was a year that I didn't have a figure at my disposal.

That said, I always hear that nobody wants to go Canton because of the location and the Shoe was such an attraction and it centrally located..... but the crowds don't support that argument.
Old 12-10-18, 05:46 PM
All American

The Dock is on a distinguished road
Quote:

That said, I always hear that nobody wants to go Canton because of the location and the Shoe was such an attraction and it centrally located..... but the crowds don't support that argument.
Compare the attendance between St. Ignatius and St. Xavier, 2016 (13,690) with that of Colerain vs St. Edward, 2018 (8,927.)

Why those two? Because they’re both matchups featuring a Cincinnati and a Cleveland school.
Old 12-10-18, 11:09 PM
Varsity

foul ball is on a distinguished road
Judging someone because you couldn't find a parking place is weak. Jerry Snodgrass is the best thing that ever happened to the OHSAA. Once he cleans up all the messes created by Daniel Ross, he'll get down to business and implement many new changes. He inherited a real nightmare. He should have gotten the job years ago but the good old boy network under Ross was able to hang on. Those days are gone forever.
Old 12-11-18, 07:21 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dock View Post
Compare the attendance between St. Ignatius and St. Xavier, 2016 (13,690) with that of Colerain vs St. Edward, 2018 (8,927.)

Why those two? Because they’re both matchups featuring a Cincinnati and a Cleveland school.
And yet, the other 5 games didn't draw, even with being in that central location that "everyone" said would produce results.....

The point is attendance is down regardless the location.

There's no magic bullet. (other than scrapping TV)
Old 12-11-18, 08:01 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom 48 View Post
Better yet. Move it out of that dump to a more central location.