Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Wrestling

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 12-08-18, 05:35 PM
All District

Teddid is on a distinguished road
Jacob Moon Oregon Clay wrestling?

I expected to see him at Solon or Ironman. Anybody know why he isn't wrestling, ore better yet, when can we expect to see him back?
Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-18, 08:57 PM
Varsity

split_finger is on a distinguished road
He was likely recruited by Genoa. The “Area” ya know
Old 12-09-18, 03:35 PM
All American

OCEagle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by split_finger View Post
He was likely recruited by Genoa. The “Area” ya know
I noticed that as well. I believe he won the OW at Disney Comm. I , then wrestled in the Super 32 for Clay (hmmmm, but so did Felipe Martinez and maybe even Kevin Contos). Moon was also in the Clay team picture recently - so I would rule out the Genoa recruiting aspect - which was probably just a joke being made.

I'm definitely 50% certain it was meant as a joke....

Tell me you were joking...
Old 12-09-18, 03:45 PM
Freshman

Kevin Contos is on a distinguished road
Kevin Contos has wrestled every match for Genoa since the day he started attending school there. I know this is funny but I'm sure it's not a joke.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Old 12-10-18, 11:41 AM
All American

OCEagle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Contos View Post
Kevin Contos has wrestled every match for Genoa since the day he started attending school there. I know this is funny but I'm sure it's not a joke.

...so are you saying it's not a joke that Moon is now at Genoa (seems unlikely) - or that the comment was not meant as a joke?

I knew your son (assuming this is the elder Kevin Contos) had transferred to Genoa and was going to school there - so I was not intending it to be anything more than playing into what I thought was a joke. Genoa is a very good school academically, so that alone would be a good reason to be in that school district.

Also - hope he is fully recovered from the shoulder/labrum problem from last year. Tough injury to get healed up. Usually takes a lot of time and solid rehab.
Old 12-10-18, 02:28 PM
Freshman

Kevin Contos is on a distinguished road
I am sure this person was trying to take a cheap shot at Genoa. I do appreciate you asking about Kevin and he is 100%. It was a long time for him to get back. He lost almost all of his summer wrestling to this as well. Genoa IS a great school and our team won an ohsaa all academic award for average team G.P.A. last season. I was told about Kevin's name and the negative comment about our program by a friend so, I came on myself and I made a comment. That was all.

Old 12-10-18, 04:54 PM
All District

Teddid is on a distinguished road
Sorry, I did not mean for this post to go this direction. I have watched many NW Ohio area wrestlers over the years, including the Genoa crew. (Great team BTW!) I was just hoping to catch Moon wrestle sometime this year.