Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > General Board

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 07-21-18, 09:05 PM
All World

Chop Stix is an unknown quantity at this point
"Last Chance U" Season 3

3 episodes in and it's really good.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-18, 09:22 PM
All Region

Dale Cooper is an unknown quantity at this point
The Coach is trash and so is Malik Henry. There’s no D1 team that would ever offer him.
Old 07-21-18, 10:19 PM
All World

Chop Stix is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
The Coach is trash and so is Malik Henry. There’s no D1 team that would ever offer him.
"Compton and Long Beach together, now you know in trouble."
Old 07-22-18, 02:47 AM
All Ohio

nupanther is on a distinguished road
Just watched the 1st episode. They really thought they were going to win?? They couldn't complete a pass in practice - how did they think the game was gonna go
Old 07-22-18, 08:32 AM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Haven't enjoyed this season quite as much as 1 and 2, but I am only two episodes in. It's no wonder (spoiler) that Malik Henry is not currently on a roster.

I get where this coach is from and how he wants to speak the kid's language, but I don't get why he has to use the F word for every other word in a sentence. That's not an example that will help his kids in the real world, which is what he claims to be his goal. I use the word way too effing much, but I am a rank amateur next to him. I don't hate him as much as I hated Buddy Stephens, but I may by the end of the season.
Old 07-22-18, 01:31 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chop Stix View Post
"Compton and Long Beach together, now you know in trouble."
“I drive 4 Caddies and own a CA Beach House.” Such a dbag.
Old 07-22-18, 01:32 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
Haven't enjoyed this season quite as much as 1 and 2, but I am only two episodes in. It's no wonder (spoiler) that Malik Henry is not currently on a roster.

I get where this coach is from and how he wants to speak the kid's language, but I don't get why he has to use the F word for every other word in a sentence. That's not an example that will help his kids in the real world, which is what he claims to be his goal. I use the word way too effing much, but I am a rank amateur next to him. I don't hate him as much as I hated Buddy Stephens, but I may by the end of the season.
Neither will ever play or coach D1 after this. They’re both awful human beings.
Old 07-23-18, 07:13 PM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Watched episode 4 tonight, and as I expected I hate the tool coach more with every episode. I realize it's not MIT, but that damn school should be embarrassed employing such a huge POS. I really like how he's on his 4th Cadillac while his QB coach isn't getting paid.
Old 07-23-18, 11:15 PM
All Region

Quote:
Watched episode 4 tonight, and as I expected I hate the tool coach more with every episode. I realize it's not MIT, but that damn school should be embarrassed employing such a huge POS. I really like how he's on his 4th Cadillac while his QB coach isn't getting paid.
I felt bad for the QB Coach, he’s young and naive, which allowed the coach to take advantage of him. I read an article where the HC’s biggest selling point to him was he’d get to coach Malik Henry for a year. Imagine that, no pay, your free room and board is a tiny dorm and crappy cafeteria food, and the one perk of your job turns out to be a complete nightmare.
Old 07-24-18, 07:00 PM
All Region

PeterDragon is on a distinguished road
I can't believe how Brown treats his coaches or players. I actually end up rooting against them because the coach is such an idiot.
Old 07-24-18, 07:11 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterDragon View Post
I can't believe how Brown treats his coaches or players. I actually end up rooting against them because the coach is such an idiot.
I understand why he has to be rough with the players. A good majority are discipline issues and will walk over a laid back coach.

What bothers me is how he berated his staff in front of players. How are players supposed to buy in to what they’re being told when there’s no leadership at the top?
Old 07-25-18, 08:25 AM
All Yappi

I get that he needs to push discipline, but his actions are clearly undisciplined. It's all about stroking his ego, and nothing else. That school president should be canned for hiring him and tolerating his BS.
Old 07-25-18, 08:37 AM
All Region

Quote:
I get that he needs to push discipline, but his actions are clearly undisciplined. It's all about stroking his ego, and nothing else. That school president should be canned for hiring him and tolerating his BS.
He’s brought in so much $ for the town, there’s no way they’d fire him. I guess the bright side is he kinda screwed himself. No D1 school would ever hire this guy.
Old 07-26-18, 03:13 PM
All Yappi

It certainly brought the town and school attention, but I'm not sure on the money. I think I'd rather my town by known as a nice little midwest town as opposed to the town with that ****** coach.

Crack brought a lot of money into Detroit too!
Old 07-26-18, 03:58 PM
All Region

Quote:
It certainly brought the town and school attention, but I'm not sure on the money. I think I'd rather my town by known as a nice little midwest town as opposed to the town with that ****** coach.

Crack brought a lot of money into Detroit too!
That’s a poor analogy. And there’s nothing nice about that town, it’s a wasteland, but at least they have one good thing.
Old 07-26-18, 04:26 PM
All Region

PeterDragon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
That’s a poor analogy. And there’s nothing nice about that town, it’s a wasteland, but at least they have one good thing.
After watching that sh#t show of a season, i would the one good thing they have is there Neewollah celebration. I thought it was funny how in an early episode Brown says his goal is to coach D1. In the final episode he says he has no desire to coach D1. No desire or he realizes no D1 will ever give him a look after watching that three ring circus?
Old 07-26-18, 06:05 PM
All American

Raider6309 is on a distinguished road
Some of the good JUCO basketball coaches in Ohio remind me of this coach
Old 07-26-18, 06:14 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterDragon View Post
After watching that sh#t show of a season, i would the one good thing they have is there Neewollah celebration. I thought it was funny how in an early episode Brown says his goal is to coach D1. In the final episode he says he has no desire to coach D1. No desire or he realizes no D1 will ever give him a look after watching that three ring circus?
There’s no way a D1 team would touch him, not a chance. I’m sure other coaches have behaved similar and gotten opportunities, but it wasn’t on camera.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: