Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Debate Forum

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 01-11-17, 11:31 AM
Cooling Off

Possessed is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJayFan View Post
China, North Korea and Iran aren't being tied to the President elect
And does that make them any less of a threat? What does "tied to" mean in your eyes? Do you think that Trump is "tied to" Russia and is going to hand him the US? Define what you're so worried about between Putin and Russia, and why Iran, North Korea and China aren't a bigger threat than Russia.
Old 01-11-17, 12:02 PM
All Yappi

lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possessed View Post
And does that make them any less of a threat? What does "tied to" mean in your eyes? Do you think that Trump is "tied to" Russia and is going to hand him the US? Define what you're so worried about between Putin and Russia, and why Iran, North Korea and China aren't a bigger threat than Russia.
You're not seeing the BIG PICTURE like BJF is. Trump will expand the Navy to 350 ships AND modernize and increase the potency of our nuclear arsenal so that when he hands it all over to Putin he'll get some prime real estate in Moscow to build another Trump tower!

I mean Iran & North Korea aren't enemies. Just because Iran sponsors global terrorist networks that murder Americans and Obama just handed them billions of dollars in US currency to boost their efforts isn't a reason to demonize them.

And why the hell are you picking on North Korea! Did you know they are leading the fight against Global Warming like no other nation on earth. I mean just look at a picture of NK at night and you can see that the entire country has a smaller Carbon footprint than Al Gores vacation home! I mean just becasue NK could attack South Korea tomorrow with nukes killing thousands of American service personnel is no reason to believe they are a bigger threat than Vlad. I mean Putin interfered with Hillary getting elected. THE HORROR. Didn't you see the Meryl Streep speech the other day? The poor women is distraught and it's all PUTIN's fault!
Old 01-11-17, 12:43 PM
All Yappi

TylerDurden is on a distinguished road
Quote:
China, North Korea, Iran... all credible threats and openly challenging the US. Yet, these baboons are doing everything in their power to jump in the ring with Russia. I thought Obama said Russia was the least of our worries???
None of the countries you listed are really a threat to the US. China is the only one that could actually be if they wanted, but that wouldn't happen given the amount of US debt they own and our trade relationship.
Old 01-11-17, 12:46 PM
All American

Con_Alma is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
None of the countries you listed are really a threat to the US. China is the only one that could actually be if they wanted, but that wouldn't happen given the amount of US debt they own and our trade relationship.
China has been a cyber-security and economic threat to the U.S. for quite some time. They continue to seek out means to steal intellectual property.
Old 01-11-17, 01:00 PM
Cooling Off

Quote:
Nah. We haven't had to fire warning shots at Iran a couple tmes in the last few weeks and NK isn't openly threatening us. No, they don't have ICBMS. Yes, they have ships and other methods of delivery. Either way, both of those nations can get us dragged into a fight we don't want or need. Really Tyler. And Con Alma coversed China.
Old 01-11-17, 01:06 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Con_Alma View Post
China has been a cyber-security and economic threat to the U.S. for quite some time. They continue to seek out means to steal intellectual property.
I thought we were referring to military threats, but if we want to discuss hacking, that list is going to need to get expanded.
Old 01-11-17, 01:10 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Nah. We haven't had to fire warning shots at Iran a couple tmes in the last few weeks and NK isn't openly threatening us. No, they don't have ICBMS. Yes, they have ships and other methods of delivery. Either way, both of those nations can get us dragged into a fight we don't want or need. Really Tyler. And Con Alma coversed China.
They can only get us drug into a fight if we let them, which is our own fought not heeding the advice from some wise men in regards to "entangling alliances."
Old 01-11-17, 01:20 PM
Cooling Off

Quote:
They can only get us drug into a fight if we let them, which is our own fought not seeking advice from some wise men in regards to "entangling alliances."
Dragged into a fight is generally how every war we've been in happened. Iran is a threat globally, and you're not being honest if you don't admit that. They're historically the number one sponsor of terror worldwide. They gin up and have stirred up fights that we've had to get involved in with other nations. Pretty narrow view of that world picture there, Tyler. NK is lead by a legit, proven mentally unstable kook and they have nukes. To say they aren't a legit threat is foolish.

The more you talk, the more you sound like BJF or Mudskipper. Oh, you may be better informed and more eloquent... but your ideas about the world stage are pretty similar. Using your statements about Iran, China and NK... apparently the only world threat we have is Russia lol. Simply ridiculous.
Old 01-11-17, 02:03 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Dragged into a fight is generally how every war we've been in happened. Iran is a threat globally, and you're not being honest if you don't admit that. They're historically the number one sponsor of terror worldwide. They gin up and have stirred up fights that we've had to get involved in with other nations. Pretty narrow view of that world picture there, Tyler. NK is lead by a legit, proven mentally unstable kook and they have nukes. To say they aren't a legit threat is foolish.

The more you talk, the more you sound like BJF or Mudskipper. Oh, you may be better informed and more eloquent... but your ideas about the world stage are pretty similar. Using your statements about Iran, China and NK... apparently the only world threat we have is Russia lol. Simply ridiculous.
My ideas are pretty much in line with the conservative mindset in the country prior to the ending of WWII. Then along came Buckley and the USSR/communism and the conservatives became as much interventionists as the liberals. I'm for small government and reduced spending, having our troops play world police doesn't align with that. Again, we've became exactly what some of our founders were critical towards Europe for being. As a result we're in a constant state of worrying about a war around every corner.
Old 01-11-17, 02:09 PM
Cooling Off

Quote:
My ideas are pretty much in line with the conservative mindset in the country prior to the ending of WWII. Then along came Buckley and the USSR/communism and the conservatives became as much interventionists as the liberals. I'm for small government and reduced spending, having our troops play world police doesn't align with that. Again, we've became exactly what some of our founders were critical towards Europe for being. As a result we're in a constant state of worrying about a war around every corner.
Yup. And before WW2 we let Germany and Japan push everybody around until WW2 happened. Solid plan.

So, regardless of threat level or threat method from hacking to sponsoring civil wars with allies ect... name the top 5 threats to the US and global peace.
Old 01-11-17, 02:22 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Yup. And before WW2 we let Germany and Japan push everybody around until WW2 happened. Solid plan.
Sorry, I don't believe US lives and taxpayer money should be going towards policing the world. You're entitled to your own opinion. Regarding WWII I really don't feel like getting into a debate as to what causes led up to it and whether our involvement was correct.

Quote:
So, regardless of threat level or threat method from hacking to sponsoring civil wars with allies ect... name the top 5 threats to the US and global peace.
You're asking 2 separate things. If I was to make a composite of the 2, I'd say, Russia, China, Saudi Arabia, Iran and Israel.
Old 01-11-17, 02:52 PM
Cooling Off

Well, you'D be on the wrong side of history then. When America doesn't help police the world, we end up fighting huge wars with encroaching enemies.

Funny, you place Russia, China and Iran in the top 5 of our enemies... but ignore the another nation that harasses our military and threatens to nuke us once a week instead replacing them with Israel lol. Wow.

It's official. Turden is much further left than he wants to admit. While you talk a good game... youre no different than BJF and his ilk. Your isolationist ideas have proven to be disastrous. Siding with Palestinians should have been my first clue where you stand.
Old 01-11-17, 03:01 PM
All American

serpico is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Dragged into a fight is generally how every war we've been in happened.
We were dragged into Korea, Vietnam, and the two Gulf Wars?
Old 01-11-17, 03:07 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Well, you'D be on the wrong side of history then. When America doesn't help police the world, we end up fighting huge wars with encroaching enemies.
Again, not getting into the causes of WWI or WWII, but blaming it on the US not policing the world is ridiculous.

Quote:
Funny, you place Russia, China and Iran in the top 5 of our enemies... but ignore the another nation that harasses our military and threatens to nuke us once a week instead replacing them with Israel lol. Wow.
Are you referring to N Korea? If so, the only reason they're even in proximity to our military is because we're over there. We shouldn't have our troops protecting the border of a foreign country.
Also, if I'm not mistaken (and I'm not) you asked for the biggest threat to us AND to global peace. As I pointed out, those are 2 separate things. You apparently now only care about the US again. Maybe learn how to ask questions.

Quote:
It's official. Turden is much further left than he wants to admit. While you talk a good game... youre no different than BJF and his ilk. Your isolationist ideas have proven to be disastrous. Siding with Palestinians should have been my first clue where you stand.
I'm more in favor of small government and the Constitution than you. If that makes me a leftist oh well. Also, I don't believe in isolationism and I never sided with the Palestinians. Keep making things up though if it fits your agenda.
Old 01-11-17, 03:26 PM
All World

zeeman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Again, not getting into the causes of WWI or WWII, but blaming it on the US not policing the world is ridiculous.

Are you referring to N Korea? If so, the only reason they're even in proximity to our military is because we're over there. We shouldn't have our troops protecting the border of a foreign country.
Also, if I'm not mistaken (and I'm not) you asked for the biggest threat to us AND to global peace. As I pointed out, those are 2 separate things. You apparently now only care about the US again. Maybe learn how to ask questions.

I'm more in favor of small government and the Constitution than you. If that makes me a leftist oh well. Also, I don't believe in isolationism and I never sided with the Palestinians. Keep making things up though if it fits your agenda.
at Turden's choice for POTUS, Ole "what is Aleppo" Johnson. He would of kept us safe. You're brilliant, and you're getting owned by Slide. Stick to the GB where all you buds reside, you suck azz on the DB
Old 01-11-17, 04:07 PM
Cooling Off

Tyler, you're a piece of work lol. You have defended the Palestine terrorists and their two state soluton for DAYS. And you don't want to go into the causes of the big wars we've had to fight because they clearly show by standing by and doing nothing our enemies were allowed to become too powerful to ignore. Gary Johnson lol. Pot head clown that proved to flip flop like any other politician when it was on the line. That guys a kook.

Thanks for playing.
Old 01-11-17, 04:12 PM
Cooling Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by serpico View Post
We were dragged into Korea, Vietnam, and the two Gulf Wars?
In order...

Unless you can imagine China controlling the ENTIRE Asian peninsula, they had to be stopped somewhere.

Vietnam... refer to above.

First Iraq war... really? You think having to get your oil from Iraq while Hussien became one of the most powerful guys in the world financially was a good plan?

Iraq II... debatable. Establishing a foothold to deal with Afghanastan or just invade old school style.

You can be dragged into a lot of things. Like WW1 and WW2, the Korean and Vietnam war may just have staved off the conquering Communists to avoid another world war. Kind of like people say Hitler should have never been allowed to go as far as he did before it exploded into World War.
Old 01-11-17, 04:16 PM
Cooling Off

"As for North Korea, the only reason they're in range of our military is because we're over there" lol.

Gee Mr. Wizard... when 9/11 happened did we have to go to the Middle East? I guess we could "leave", and then watch NK attack SK and drag all the other surrounding nations into it. Then we could sit back and wait for China and Korea to control the entire area. Awesome. Empowering nut jobs in the name of "staying out of it" lol.
Old 01-11-17, 04:16 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Tyler, you're a piece of work lol. You have defended the Palestine terrorists and their two state soluton for DAYS.
I didn't defend Palestine or terrorist actions. Are you really this bad at comprehension or just messing with me?

Quote:
And you don't want to go into the causes of the big wars we've had to fight because they clearly show by standing by and doing nothing our enemies were allowed to become too powerful to ignore. Gary Johnson lol. Pot head clown that proved to flip flop like any other politician when it was on the line. That guys a kook.

Thanks for playing.
I don't want to go into it because there are a variety of a factors and spending any time at all trying to have an actual discussion about it with you would be a complete waste of time.
Old 01-11-17, 04:22 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
"As for North Korea, the only reason they're in range of our military is because we're over there" lol.

Gee Mr. Wizard... when 9/11 happened did we have to go to the Middle East?
So you're equating an attack on the US and our response with defending a foreign nation? Solid logic that I'm sure makes sense in your mind.

Quote:
I guess we could "leave", and then watch NK attack SK and drag all the other surrounding nations into it. Then we could sit back and wait for China and Korea to control the entire area. Awesome. Empowering nut jobs in the name of "staying out of it" lol.
You think we're what's keeping N Korea from attacking? See lotr's previous post mocking what that country looks like at night. N Korea is a third world crap hole that would get it's butt handed to it by S Korea.
Old 01-11-17, 04:41 PM
Cooling Off

North Korea is a 3rd world crap hole with nuclear weapons and China backing them up.

Am I equating an attack on the US and our response to defending a foreign nation? Lol... no. Wow, you're dense. You stated NK can only bother us if we'really over there. Us, as in your words our military... I simply pointed out "we" didn't have to leave New York to be attacked by an enemy that was ignored. We didn't have to leave Pearl Harbor either. You really aren't very good at this, and your ideas are in lockstep with your boy Johnson... who the rest of the country thinks is a kook lol. You should feel right at home.
Old 01-11-17, 04:44 PM
Cooling Off

Afghanstan - 3rd world crap hole that exports terror
Pakistan - same
Lybia -same
Vietnam - 3rd crap hole that handed us what amounts to a loss
North Korea - 3rd world crap hole that we couldn't drive back

Yep. We should just over look those 3rd world crap holes lol.
Old 01-11-17, 05:09 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
North Korea is a 3rd world crap hole with nuclear weapons and China backing them up.
You sure about that China comment?

Quote:
Am I equating an attack on the US and our response to defending a foreign nation? Lol... no. Wow, you're dense. You stated NK can only bother us if we'really over there. Us, as in your words our military... I simply pointed out "we" didn't have to leave New York to be attacked by an enemy that was ignored.
You're argument was they are "harassing our military." So I guess now you're changing that. Seems to be a common theme.

Quote:
We didn't have to leave Pearl Harbor either. You really aren't very good at this, and your ideas are in lockstep with your boy Johnson... who the rest of the country thinks is a kook lol. You should feel right at home.
N Korea isn't Japan. More solid points by you.
Old 01-11-17, 05:13 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Afghanstan - 3rd world crap hole that exports terror
Pakistan - same
Lybia -same
Vietnam - 3rd crap hole that handed us what amounts to a loss
North Korea - 3rd world crap hole that we couldn't drive back

Yep. We should just over look those 3rd world crap holes lol.
When you put it that way I guess you're right, N Korea would definitely give S Korea a major a-whooping if they went to war.
Old 01-11-17, 05:49 PM
Cooling Off

Lol... Turden trying desperately to keep up.

Holds a position that we can't be attacked at home nor our citizens can be attacked abroad if just keep to ourselves lol.

Says he never supported the Palestinians while insisting a 2 state solution is the only answer and listing Israel as a threat to the US. (that's my personal favorite btw)

Calls NK a 3rd world crap hole we don't have to worry about while dismisses the other 3rd world crap holes who DON'T have nukes that have fought us to a draw and blown our troops and citizens up all over the world. Priceless.

And this, ladies and germs, is why Libertarians are viewed as the crack pots they are. Completely unrealistic view of the world, and CONSTANTLY moving goal posts to fit their agenda lol. Johnson who?? A freaking 200 year old communist did better than him.
Old 01-11-17, 06:43 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Lol... Turden trying desperately to keep up.

Holds a position that we can't be attacked at home nor our citizens can be attacked abroad if just keep to ourselves lol.
Nope never said that.

Quote:
Says he never supported the Palestinians while insisting a 2 state solution is the only answer and listing Israel as a threat to the US. (that's my personal favorite btw)
Nope never said that.

Quote:
Calls NK a 3rd world crap hole we don't have to worry about while dismisses the other 3rd world crap holes who DON'T have nukes that have fought us to a draw and blown our troops and citizens up all over the world. Priceless.
Nope never said that.

Quote:
And this, ladies and germs, is why Libertarians are viewed as the crack pots they are. Completely unrealistic view of the world, and CONSTANTLY moving goal posts to fit their agenda lol. Johnson who?? A freaking 200 year old communist did better than him.
It's pretty cute how you've latched on to zeeman's libertarian angle.
Old 01-11-17, 06:49 PM
All American

Con_Alma is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
I thought we were referring to military threats, but if we want to discuss hacking, that list is going to need to get expanded.
We were. I was simply adding additional thoughts regarding China.

On that note, I would like to see us be more aggressive in thwarting China's efforts in the South China Sea.
Old 01-11-17, 07:54 PM
All Yappi

lotr10 will become famous soon enough
I was very impressed with Rex Tillerson's testimony today. IMO he would make a great Secretary of State. It would be a real shame if that little weasel Rubio wrecks his confirmation.
Old 01-11-17, 08:03 PM
Cooling Off

Quote:

You're asking 2 separate things. If I was to make a composite of the 2, I'd say, Russia, China, Saudi Arabia, Iran and Israel.
Here's Tyler listing Isrsel as a threat. On the Israel thread he insisted a two state solution is the only answer. Yet, he tries to say he "never said that" in calling Israel a threat and supporting Palistinians. Nope. Never said that.
Old 01-11-17, 08:04 PM
Cooling Off

Quote:

You think we're what's keeping N Korea from attacking? See lotr's previous post mocking what that country looks like at night. N Korea is a third world crap hole that would get it's butt handed to it by S Korea.
Nope. Never said North Korea was a 3rd world crap hole we didn't have to worry about... oh. Wait a minute. Yes he did.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: