Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Baseball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 01-07-17, 07:33 AM
Freshman

mardor is on a distinguished road
Northeast Ohio Travel Baseball Tryouts ?

Anyone have or know any Good/Quality Websites, Links, Etc., for information on quality Travel Baseball sites in Cleveland area ? It seems they're few and far between anymore. Would appreciate it, thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-17, 08:47 AM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by mardor View Post
Anyone have or know any Good/Quality Websites, Links, Etc., for information on quality Travel Baseball sites in Cleveland area ? It seems they're few and far between anymore. Would appreciate it, thanks.
How old is your kid ? Is he highly skilled, middle of the road.......most rosters are pretty well set by now.

There are some nice little independent teams at various ages that may need help. The big clubs already have their better teams formed. Some - run by guys that never want to leave any money on the table - will form 2,3, even 4 teams at 12u to 15u. These are ages when kids with inexperienced parents often leave city teams for what they hope is a step up, and they can end up paying top dollar to a "name" club for a crap-fest. Nothing ruins baseball for a kid faster than bitter parents that choose to act out when they realize/believe that they've been lied to or ripped off. Scorched earth!

There are a few decent city travel teams here - http://www.ssbl1.com/teamtryouts

This site/league has kind of died out - http://www.glbl.org/new/teampost.asp

A step above rec ball, fun for young-uns and affordable. Play up if he's skilled and young - http://www.puritasbaseball.com/

The Plain Dealer closed their forums - trolls ate it up.

Most larger clubs/teams have their own sites.

What teams/managers did your son play last year that you respected ? Have you searched them directly ? Look here - http://www.nations-baseball.com/

I'll help you if I can. I've had a few sons play travel ball, and I coached them when they were young. I've seen a little bit. PM me if you prefer.
Old 01-08-17, 07:21 AM
Freshman

Appreciate all the info Cab'. My son is in 15u Travel, seems like you and I have the same experience along with thoughts and Opinions on the Travel System . Ijust don't seem to find enough quality or any teams posting anymore. Almost have to rely on word of mouth or references. Currently satisfied with team we selected for 2017, but High School and College are right around the corner and preparation now is most important.
Thanks for taking the time, I know how busy it is.
Old 01-08-17, 06:00 PM
All Region

boomer24 is on a distinguished road
I don't think any teams would be having open tryouts, but you could get a private tryout for a couple of them. I heard of a couple teams looking to add a player, but mostly looking for arms. Maybe a PO situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-09-17, 12:08 AM
All Ohio

Hitnrun is on a distinguished road
If you cant find info regarding various travel baseball organizations in the area, then you aren't looking very hard. Nowadays, a certain well known travel organization just loves to tweet about the amazing exploits their young men have accomplished as a member of said organization, ie: pitchers pull down numbers, batter's exit velocities, pitchers top mph, and the current relative PBR ranking for every kid in their organization. Its a relative gold mine of PR information, every college recruiter just years to uncover. But seriously, just check team's websites, twitter accounts, and of course here at Yappi, and you should be able to get a good feel for those organizations who actually provide a quality baseball experience for your son.
Old 01-09-17, 08:13 AM
Freshman

Smile

H&R, How true,Lol. ..........thanks for the comeback !