Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Debate Forum

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 12-13-16, 12:33 PM
All Yappi

lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJayFan View Post
And now he's holding meetings with Kanye, someone who was just placed on a psychiatric hold less than 2 weeks ago
Evidently Trump knows Kanye and considers him a friend. So you would advise he pretends not to know the man or keep him at arms length so as to keep up appearances? I'm actually impressed that Trump doesn't give a damn about how it looks and will meet with a guy who is on the down & out. Shows me that Trump has character.
Old 12-13-16, 12:54 PM
All Yappi

CatAlum is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotr10 View Post
As for draining the swamp, Exon is not part of the swamp. It is a very impressive, innovative, engineering and scientific colossus responsible for bringing to the world a precious commodity - ENERGY. They have done this in spite of government interference across the world. Companies like Exon/Mobile are not the problem they are part of the solution.
You and yours are going to have to get very nimble, twisting, turning, contorting yourselves into pretzels as you defend your prior positions, Trump's campaign promises and positions with what he is now doing. Good luck with that.

I, personally, have no problem with the head of one of America's biggest and most international businesses being named Secretary of State. But let's not pretend that Mr. Exxon has much sympathy or anything in common with all of these upper Midwest voters, former employees of the factories and jobs that moved south, very south (Mexico) or overseas in search of a lower wage. I guarantee you that Mr. Exxon thinks companies should be left to their own devices in an effort to pursue their corporate mandate...PROFIT.

And you, lotr...Exxon accomplished all they have in spite of "government interference". Isn't Trump's involvement with Carrier "government interference"?

This isn't some kind of word game. You can't really have it both ways.
Old 12-13-16, 01:07 PM
All Yappi

winbypin is on a distinguished road
Good reads. The guy hasn't even been officially elected to office of president yet and everyone is already declaring him a failure. I have an idea...how about lets see what actually happens? We actually don't have any other option anyway. If he is a failure, you guys will let us know I am sure. If he is successful, you guys will still call him a failure I am sure. LOL.
Old 12-13-16, 01:13 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
And now he's holding meetings with Kanye, someone who was just placed on a psychiatric hold less than 2 weeks ago
Why is this funny? Did you laugh when Obama met with Kanye?

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-...e-west-2015301
Old 12-13-16, 01:16 PM
All Yappi

fish82 will become famous soon enoughfish82 will become famous soon enough
Apparently BJF has officially run out of legitimate subjects to cry about.
Old 12-13-16, 01:20 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatAlum View Post
You and yours are going to have to get very nimble, twisting, turning, contorting yourselves into pretzels as you defend your prior positions, Trump's campaign promises and positions with what he is now doing. Good luck with that.

I, personally, have no problem with the head of one of America's biggest and most international businesses being named Secretary of State. But let's not pretend that Mr. Exxon has much sympathy or anything in common with all of these upper Midwest voters, former employees of the factories and jobs that moved south, very south (Mexico) or overseas in search of a lower wage. I guarantee you that Mr. Exxon thinks companies should be left to their own devices in an effort to pursue their corporate mandate...PROFIT.

And you, lotr...Exxon accomplished all they have in spite of "government interference". Isn't Trump's involvement with Carrier "government interference"?

This isn't some kind of word game. You can't really have it both ways.
And your hatred of all things Trump and by extension his voters is forcing you to play a bizzare game of "gotcha". He has proven you wrong at virtually every step of the way so you latch on to anything to try to discredit him while also calling out his voters as fools.

Look, the job of Sec of State was never meant to be a person who has a lot in common with Trump voters in the Midwest. The two are not even remotely related. I think I speak for a lot of Trump voters from all over the country when I say that all we want is for him to pick the best person for the Sec of State job. It is an added bonus that the guy he picked is not a Washington insider or political hack but rather an accomplished business man. This is very consistent with what Trump promised us when he was running for POTUS.

Also I'm not against everything to do with "government". But it's fair to say that a multinational oil company has likely been negatively effected by interfering & overbearing governments all over the world who do nothing to help them extract oil & gas from the ground but sure as hell want a slice of the profits when they roll in.

As for Trump & Carrier, I don't see what he did as "government interference" at all. First, he was trying to live up to a campaign promise he made when holding a rally in Indiana (imagine that). Second using local & state kickbacks to try to keep a company in town is a common practice. My understanding is that in the face of Carrier imminently moving production out of the US Trump took the time to explain to management that he was truly going to simplify regulations and lower their corporate taxes. Exactly like he promised us he would.
Old 12-13-16, 01:24 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by winbypin View Post
Good reads. The guy hasn't even been officially elected to office of president yet and everyone is already declaring him a failure. I have an idea...how about lets see what actually happens? We actually don't have any other option anyway. If he is a failure, you guys will let us know I am sure. If he is successful, you guys will still call him a failure I am sure. LOL.
Actually it almost feels like Trump is president. I guess that's what proactive leadership looks like. Also, I LOVE his picks for cabinet. They are very consistent with how he promised us his administration would govern.
Old 12-13-16, 01:36 PM
All Yappi

SWMCinci is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MississippiMud2002 View Post
Sooo... ...you guys are celebrating the fact that Trump is doing the exact opposite of what he promised?

Strange.
You mean by seeking appointments for successful business people vs political hacks? He's actually doing pretty good.
Old 12-13-16, 02:23 PM
All Yappi

eastisbest will become famous soon enough
WWE doesn't exactly inspire confidence. But, everyone deserves their chance. Doesn't work, heat's on him. Does work, he'll not get the credit. Politics.
Old 12-13-16, 03:38 PM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Actually it almost feels like Trump is president. I guess that's what proactive leadership looks like. Also, I LOVE his picks for cabinet. They are very consistent with how he promised us his administration would govern.
What is the next/last? "Presidential" thing that we can expect from the First Wingnut ?

A ponderous passel of parting Presidential pardons, perhaps ?
Old 12-13-16, 03:42 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Look, the job of Sec of State was never meant to be a person who has a lot in common with Trump voters in the Midwest. The two are not even remotely related.
So, the Secretary of State will not rely upon, fall back on, be informed by his history as an international businessman? And the Secretary of State DOES NOT get involved in world trade issues?

Interesting, Mr. Pretzel.

Do I sound like a Trump hater? I don't think I'm a Trump hater. I voted against him but I'm mostly in the "wait and see" camp. I told my upset daughter to relax, that Trump is likely to turn out to be a Nelson Rockefeller-type. What's more Rocky than naming the head of Exxon to be the Secretary of State?
Old 12-13-16, 03:55 PM
All World

BlueJayFan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by winbypin View Post
Why is this funny? Did you laugh when Obama met with Kanye?

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-...e-west-2015301
Kanye wasn't fresh off an involuntary psychiatric hold when that happened
Old 12-13-16, 03:57 PM
All World

Quote:
You really are incapable of criticizing him, aren't you?
Old 12-13-16, 04:04 PM
All World

Doesn't need intel briefings because he's "smart," but makes time to meet with the only man with an ego that could rival his that spent 11 days in psychiatric evaluation. #Merica
Old 12-13-16, 05:54 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
If you actually read my posts over the last year you would see that I frequently criticized Trump. What I won't do is make up criticisms or play "gotcha". Since Trump has been elected he has exceeded my expectations on everything from his deportment to his cabinet selections.
Old 12-13-16, 06:03 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
So, the Secretary of State will not rely upon, fall back on, be informed by his history as an international businessman? And the Secretary of State DOES NOT get involved in world trade issues?

Interesting, Mr. Pretzel.

Do I sound like a Trump hater? I don't think I'm a Trump hater. I voted against him but I'm mostly in the "wait and see" camp. I told my upset daughter to relax, that Trump is likely to turn out to be a Nelson Rockefeller-type. What's more Rocky than naming the head of Exxon to be the Secretary of State?
Of course the new Secretary of State will rely on his experience in managing Exon to better do his job in Trumps cabinet. And I fully expect that he will bring a sense of real world expertise to any economic issues he does get involved in. This is why I like the appointment.

You seem to be suggesting that a persons previous expertise & experience are a problem when selecting folks to serve in a presidential cabinet? Are you saying that ONLY politicians and history professors qualify for jobs like Secretary of State? By picking people like the CEO of Exon/Mobile Trump is fulfilling his promise of draining the swamp by bringing in new folks with fresh ideas and more expansive experiences than lifetime politicians. So far so good!
Old 12-13-16, 07:05 PM
All Ohio

JoshuaRanch is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Of course the new Secretary of State will rely on his experience in managing Exon to better do his job in Trumps cabinet. And I fully expect that he will bring a sense of real world expertise to any economic issues he does get involved in. This is why I like the appointment.

You seem to be suggesting that a persons previous expertise & experience are a problem when selecting folks to serve in a presidential cabinet? Are you saying that ONLY politicians and history professors qualify for jobs like Secretary of State? By picking people like the CEO of Exon/Mobile Trump is fulfilling his promise of draining the swamp by bringing in new folks with fresh ideas and more expansive experiences than lifetime politicians. So far so good!
Hopefully, he will run the government like a private sector business. THAT is how it should be run. There is so much waste and inefficiency and incompetence at a public sector level. What we are seeing are public sector backers complaining because the days of showing up at a government/public sector job and sitting on your hands for 25 to 30 years without fear of getting fired or having to be accountable or responsible or competitive in a job are about to end and they don't like it. Best thing that can happen to Washington DC. This is why the revolt against Trump by the elite, Washington and the media - their apple cart is about to be turned over. And their base of voters is about to enter the real world of having a job and either have to get off their rump if enabled or having to actually perform at an efficient level to keep their job. Best thing that can happen to the country.
Old 12-13-16, 07:06 PM
All Yappi

Quote:

You're giving me a headache. YOU...YOU said that the Secretary of State had no connection to Trump voters in the Midwest. I explained how they relate to one another. I know you understand my point.
Old 12-13-16, 08:42 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
You're giving me a headache. YOU...YOU said that the Secretary of State had no connection to Trump voters in the Midwest. I explained how they relate to one another. I know you understand my point.
I get your point, I just don't think it's relevant to whether Trump picked the best guy for the Secretary of State job. No where in the job description does it mention needing to have empathy for Midwestern working class folks. BTW, how do you know he doesn't have a lot in common with the working class voters who elected Trump. Did you have a beer with him and pick his brain?

As an aside, the American oil industry is a giant at creating good paying jobs for working men & women. The industry employs nearly 10,000,000 people and supports the jobs of another 3,000,000.

http://www.what-is-fracking.com/how-...ustry-created/

A lot of these jobs are classic "blue collar" jobs to. I have a friend who works down in New Orleans for a company providing mechanical & repair support for the off shore rigs and there are over 100 men working in the shop, none with a college education but all experienced craftsmen earning six figure salary's. I would argue that of all America's industry, the oil & gas companies are the most closely aligned with working class folks.
Old 12-13-16, 08:51 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
I get your point, I just don't think it's relevant to whether Trump picked the best guy for the Secretary of State job.
I said nothing about him being a bad choice.
Old 12-14-16, 12:20 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Kanye wasn't fresh off an involuntary psychiatric hold when that happened
Who cares? Do you think he is appointing him to a cabinet position or something. Its totally irrelevant.
Old 12-14-16, 02:02 AM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
BJay is little different than the French Taunter at this point.

Old 12-14-16, 06:12 AM
All Yappi

fish82 will become famous soon enoughfish82 will become famous soon enough
BJF is pissed that a famous black guy is friends with Trump.
Old 12-14-16, 06:42 AM
Cooling Off

Possessed is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Doesn't need intel briefings because he's "smart," but makes time to meet with the only man with an ego that could rival his that spent 11 days in psychiatric evaluation. #Merica
Only attends 56% of his Intel briefings. Calls ISIS a JV team. Mocks Putin in a debate... Putin immediately takes over a neighboring nation and gets blamed for "influencing the elction". Claims to have stopped Iran from getting nukes as they test ICBMS, fire on our ships and spend the few hundred billion he gave them on terror.

Nah. Obamas got it all together lol.
Old 12-14-16, 06:45 AM
Cooling Off

Quote:
Mumbles the guy with Obama's junk in his trap.
Old 12-14-16, 07:12 AM
All World

irish_buffalo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possessed View Post
Mumbles the guy with Obama's junk in his trap.
Mumbles the guy who has ZERO grasp on anything. Bring something to the table just one time. Something thoughtful and articulate. Just once.
Old 12-14-16, 06:26 PM
All Ohio

JUSTGOPLAY is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Frankly this is amazing especially considering that the media is still doing a hatchet job on Trump EVERY day!

And if Trump keeps creating JOBS, he may be pushing 60% before to long!
CNN and MSNBC have gone 24/7 all Trump all the time.....Nothing else exists, not Syria, not the FED raising the Prime Rate, not nothing......And the more the MSM go after Trump the more favorable his numbers get. I think Trump is just doing stuff now to piss the lefties off, because he knows it will drive his favorability through the roof. I was a Cruz supporter, but I do admire how this guy just kicks the crap out of the RINO's and the Leftist media....
Old 12-14-16, 09:31 PM
Cooling Off

Quote:
He probably preferred "the villain from FernGully", but had to settle.

BlueJayFan and Mudskipper both use these exact same, small size screen shot that clearly are from the same site.

You should have studied "deception" a little harder in that spelling bee there, Blue Jay.
Old 12-14-16, 09:32 PM
Cooling Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_buffalo View Post
Mumbles the guy who has ZERO grasp on anything. Bring something to the table just one time. Something thoughtful and articulate. Just once.
I see you're really racking up the quality additions to the conversation following me around crying. What a buffoon.
Old 12-14-16, 09:54 PM
Cooling Off

Quote:
JoshuaRanch already made himself look really dumb with the "multi-account conspiracy theories". I guess it's your turn?
You want some actual cases where people were charged Blue Jay?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: