Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > League/School Forums > La Salle Lancers

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 4.50 average. Display Modes
Old 08-06-08, 03:29 PM
All District

Panther8281 is on a distinguished road
what about Wiz White didn't he go there until his senior year then went to winton woods
Old 08-07-08, 06:21 PM
All Yappi

LS1944 is on a distinguished road
Some really good names being discussed...... but still........ which state champ or all american are we removing to put White, or Nieman or Shields on the list? Nobody is a bigger fan of Shields as I am..... but I can't take Chris Smith or Posey or Ty Douthard off. I mean, we aren't including a Parade AA football player on our list that graduated in '07.

LM..... I know there's no LS Hall of Fame web site..... but do you have a list of the Hall of Famers........
Old 08-07-08, 11:21 PM
All District

canes03 is on a distinguished road
just put grippa somewhere
Old 08-13-08, 03:34 PM
Varsity

LSFAN is on a distinguished road
OK...I feel like some big names are missing!

Ryan Schrand '91, All State Basketball and Baseball
Mike Weber '91 All City Soccer and Baseball
Kurt Supe '93 Football, Basketball and Track
Ryan Murphy '94
John Thinnes '03-04?/???
Bart Conley '94?
Conley '96 - Basketball
Esterkamp Brothers
Old 08-13-08, 05:38 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSFAN View Post
OK...I feel like some big names are missing!

Ryan Schrand '91, All State Basketball and Baseball
Mike Weber '91 All City Soccer and Baseball
Kurt Supe '93 Football, Basketball and Track
Ryan Murphy '94
John Thinnes '03-04?/???
Bart Conley '94?
Conley '96 - Basketball
Esterkamp Brothers
Which ALL- American do you remove? All of those were good athletes. But a scholarship to Purdue in football (Conley) or a MAC school for hoops, or a place like a Rollins or NKU does NOT put you into a class with guys who were HS All Americans or State Champions. I mean we can name plenty of guys who have had rally good careers at LS...... some of those guys above are HOF'ers at LS. But THe Esterkamps and Thinnes and Schrand and Conley aren't in the class of Guys like Haucke or the All American FB players. I mean, on this list....... Haucke, Hasselbeck, Neyer, Smith, Douthard, Bader, BOckenstette, Padgett, Posey, Burden)Well.... who do you REMOVE?
Old 11-06-08, 04:28 PM
Freshman

hebiastherunner is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to hebiastherunner
Ive got three athletes: Travis Hawes
Ethan Bokeno
Alex Theiry

Arguably La Salle's best Sophmore runners on The Big red Express

As for Group 4 athletes from The Big Red Express, I'd say Hebauf and Steinmetz lol
Old 11-20-08, 09:10 PM
All District

Whoa Oh! is on a distinguished road
lets just not count cross country runners because they have so much more success now than all the other sports its unfair
Old 12-22-08, 05:22 PM
Junior Varsity

GUNZ148 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hebiastherunner View Post
Ive got three athletes: Travis Hawes
Ethan Bokeno
Alex Theiry

Arguably La Salle's best Sophmore runners on The Big red Express

As for Group 4 athletes from The Big Red Express, I'd say Hebauf and Steinmetz lol
now come on....Theiry and Bokeno are excellent runners but don't deserve to be up there. But Travis Hawes probably will be one of LaSalle's greatest runners later in his career.

doubt it Hebauf
Old 12-22-08, 05:25 PM
Junior Varsity

GUNZ148 is on a distinguished road
What about Chandler Burden winning state in both shot put and discus in the same year?
Old 12-28-08, 02:35 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUNZ148 View Post
What about Chandler Burden winning state in both shot put and discus in the same year?
Here's our top ten

Dick Haucke
Don Hasselbeck
Neal Neyer
Chris Smith
Ty Douthard
Doug Bockenstette
Allen Bader
Steve Padgett
Devier Posey
Chandler Burden

Remember: Suggest someone, then suggest who we remove. Make your case, and prepare to be defeated. Lancermania and LS1944 are the LS historians on this board, and we have rejected Ben Martin and Jerry Doerger, as well as Mike Schneider and Ted Duggins. So you better come strong.
Old 12-29-08, 04:05 PM
All Region

GCLSOUTH
I cant believe someone even mentioned Schrand thats funny that must be a fleming that mentioned him.

I would only make 1 change, Ben Martin would be on there instead of Douthard or Posey.

He was the most intimidating football player in the GCL for 2 seasons. He carried a defense to be competative in the gCL and was hands down the top 1 or 2 players in all of Ohio by all college reruiters.

Douthard was a solid running back but NOT extremely high recruit. He was a 3 star recruit. He went to Illinois he was not recruited by any of the big boys.
Not too mention his off the field activities, and run ins with the law.

Martin was a model student and played in the All American Army game. Douthard never sniffed that game,
Old 12-31-08, 09:45 AM
All Yappi

GCL-s.... I was under the impression Douthard was a Parade All American, which was the thing that ended up selling me on him at #9 or 10. Was that wrong?

And we can't take Posey off can we? A guy that wins the State in the 400 and also is a FB All American?

Last edited by LS1944; 12-31-08 at 08:04 PM.
Old 01-02-09, 07:44 AM
Lancers lead the way!

Lancermania is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCLSOUTH View Post

I would only make 1 change, Ben Martin would be on there instead of Douthard or Posey.

He was the most intimidating football player in the GCL for 2 seasons. He carried a defense to be competative in the gCL and was hands down the top 1 or 2 players in all of Ohio by all college reruiters.

Douthard was a solid running back but NOT extremely high recruit. He was a 3 star recruit. He went to Illinois he was not recruited by any of the big boys.
Not too mention his off the field activities, and run ins with the law.

Martin was a model student and played in the All American Army game. Douthard never sniffed that game,
No way Martin can replace Posey. Posey also made the All American Army game. He also accepted an offer to Ohio State, certainly a better program than Martin went to at Tennessee. I would call Posey and Martin relatively equal in football. Martin was an average player in track while Posey's performances are off the charts. It's because of Posey and Burden that La Salle finished in the top ten nationally in track as determined by the Nike Web Nationals. Posey's times in the 400 and 200 are listed among the best in the city all time.
Old 01-04-09, 09:20 PM
All Region

GCLSOUTH
Martin on Douthard off, Martin better bball and football and better student and better person and never went to jail
Old 04-22-09, 02:54 PM
All Yappi

Simply X
I dont see how Ben Martin does not make your list of top 10.
Old 08-26-09, 07:38 AM
All District

moebro81 is on a distinguished road
Anybody think that Reggie Watson is up there on the list? Just throwing it out there.
Old 08-26-09, 05:49 PM
All Ohio

brotherin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hebiastherunner View Post
Can't argue with that logic. Though rumor has it that Hebauf quit and Steinmetz is up to group three.
Old 09-27-09, 07:05 PM
Freshman

Lancer2005 is on a distinguished road
justin orr would be for 2000 era
Old 12-10-09, 09:44 PM
Freshman

Lancer01 is on a distinguished road
Cool I still think that Adam Dehne should be in the top ten.

I still think that Adam Dehne should be in the top ten.

Adam Dehne won the GCL all four years in the 50 yard freestyle ('98,'99,'00,'01).
He was a state qualifier all four years in either relays or individual events.
His best state placing was 4th in the 100 yard butterfly in 2001, was also 8th in the 50 yard freestyle the same year (and 3rd in another). Adam qualified to the state meet in a staggering total of 12 events over four years (he also help 8 school records during his stay).

Not only that he still holds school, GCL, State and National records!
Old 12-11-09, 10:45 AM
All District

mack
What about the schools first four year varsity letterman in baseball? Does anyone know who that might be? Perhaps sixpack and peterson should do some investigating and give this guy much needed props!
Old 03-17-10, 01:40 PM
All Region

ledzeppelin is on a distinguished road
How you guys overlook Rick Bach is beyond any sane person.
Old 04-17-10, 08:34 PM
Freshman

melamshark is on a distinguished road
Top Athlete

Ted Duggins is the best all around athlete to come out of LaSalle. As a kid he won the local Punt, Pass and Kick and Hit, Pitch and Throw every year he participated. I know he lettered four years in golf and basketball at LaSalle. I heard he also lettered in baseball and track but can't verify it. He was great at everything sport he played. Yeah, he didn't win any state championships but when you look at the definition of "all around" athlete he was the best. I should know he taught me how to play golf.
Old 04-22-10, 01:53 PM
Freshman

LSLancer12 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by melamshark View Post
Ted Duggins is the best all around athlete to come out of LaSalle. As a kid he won the local Punt, Pass and Kick and Hit, Pitch and Throw every year he participated. I know he lettered four years in golf and basketball at LaSalle. I heard he also lettered in baseball and track but can't verify it. He was great at everything sport he played. Yeah, he didn't win any state championships but when you look at the definition of "all around" athlete he was the best. I should know he taught me how to play golf.
So, he's the best athlete to come out of LaSalle because he taught you how to play golf?
Old 05-04-10, 01:53 AM
Cooling Off

twbb is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GUNZ148 View Post
now come on....Theiry and Bokeno are excellent runners but don't deserve to be up there. But Travis Hawes probably will be one of LaSalle's greatest runners later in his career.
Really? I know you posted this well over a year ago, but it was still after his sophomore year where he never PRed. And still hasn't. I mean, Padgett, Bader, Lang (finished on the podium his Junior and senior year in XC), Nusekabel (top ten his senior year, dont know about junior), Bockenstette, Fulmer were all better than him and unless he really improves his senior year they will all have finished better than him.

Last edited by twbb; 05-24-10 at 08:19 PM.
Old 12-15-10, 01:17 PM
All District

MOECL75 is on a distinguished road
I have not read the name of Bob Jennings mentioned here...if I am not mistaken he is the ONLY athlete in LS history who was All-State in 3 sports...Football, Basketball, and Track. WHY ISN'T HE IN THE HALL OF FAME...I've heard it is due to him sending his kid to X and the pannel that chooses refuses on this basis...I am sorry, but that is a load of crap, if it is true. BOB JENNINGS DESERVES TO BE IN THE HALL OF FAME.
Old 12-16-10, 12:57 PM
Varsity

I have not read the name of Bob Jennings mentioned here...if I am not mistaken he is the ONLY athlete in LS history who was All-State in 3 sports...Football, Basketball, and Track. WHY ISN'T HE IN THE HALL OF FAME...I've heard it is due to him sending his kid to X and the pannel that chooses refuses on this basis...I am sorry, but that is a load of crap, if it is true. BOB JENNINGS DESERVES TO BE IN THE HALL OF FAME.

That is the craziest thing I have ever heard of..... talk about RUMOR.....dear LORD ..... lets get on a forum and stir up the pot a little. You obviously are NOT a La Salle grad ..... so lets think before you type.

The real question is..... I wonder if someone has nominated Bob.
Old 12-16-10, 09:14 PM
All American

SMARTY22 is on a distinguished road
Doug Shields and Dick Haucke for sure have to be on the list
Old 12-20-10, 12:24 PM
All District

MOECL75 is on a distinguished road
He has been on the ballod for years...I hear from a member of the committee that they nix him each year due to where he sent his kid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSFAN View Post

That is the craziest thing I have ever heard of..... talk about RUMOR.....dear LORD ..... lets get on a forum and stir up the pot a little. You obviously are NOT a La Salle grad ..... so lets think before you type.

The real question is..... I wonder if someone has nominated Bob.
Old 12-20-10, 11:08 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOECL75 View Post
He has been on the ballod for years...I hear from a member of the committee that they nix him each year due to where he sent his kid.
Who is on the committee?

That is really the most absurd thing I have ever heard of.....really.
Old 12-20-10, 11:42 PM
Lancers lead the way!

Lancermania is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOECL75 View Post
I know for a fact that Bob Jennings was not all state in track. To be all state in track, you have to place at the state meet. Bob Jennings did not even qualify to the state track meet.

As for basketball, Bob was a starter his senior year (1973-1974 season). He did not even make first team all GCL, but Steve Ruberg and Joe Sunderman did. In the city all star voting, Ruberg and Sunderman were first team and Rick Heidorn, Mark Naehring, and Matt Hills were honorable mention all city. Jennings is not mentioned.

As for football, at the awards banquet 18 people received awards and Bob was not one of them, so I don't see how he would have been all state in football either.

Last edited by Lancermania; 12-21-10 at 01:28 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: