Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 03-17-17, 09:28 AM
Junior Varsity

Baseball4Life! is on a distinguished road
Heath Football Coach Resigns

Heath City Schools twitter feed announcing that coach Collier stepping down to spend more time with his family. Had a great season. Went undefeated in the regular season.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-17, 10:15 AM
Moderated User

stallionfan8989 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseball4Life! View Post
Heath City Schools twitter feed announcing that coach Collier stepping down to spend more time with his family. Had a great season. Went undefeated in the regular season.
Guess I am missing the up side here. What good is an undefeated season against week teams and then getting a outhouse spanking in the playoffs. Thinking any community wants way more than THAT!.
Old 03-17-17, 10:32 AM
Varsity

Cardinal Nation is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by stallionfan8989 View Post
Guess I am missing the up side here. What good is an undefeated season against week teams and then getting a outhouse spanking in the playoffs. Thinking any community wants way more than THAT!.
Winning 10 games is huge for a program. Don't be a hater. it makes you look small and weak and cowardly.
Old 03-17-17, 11:01 AM
All Ohio

Hammerdrill is on a distinguished road
Quote:
LOL, yeah they probably would have been better off to have gone 5-5.
Old 03-17-17, 01:47 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Ahh, haters gonna hate. Coach has his only undefeated season (possibly in school history) and you have to belittle it. I guess the community would rather go 5-5 and and not get into the playoffs?
Old 03-17-17, 03:05 PM
All District

Rambo1980 is on a distinguished road
What are the pros and cons of this job?

One year fluke?
Old 03-19-17, 10:23 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo1980 View Post

One year fluke?
They had a pretty good senior class, and a stellar QB in that class. He started all 4 years. Prior to that they had some good years some bad, IIRC.
Old 03-19-17, 07:56 PM
All District

Salesman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo1980 View Post

One year fluke?
One of the cons is that people like stallionfan think they can evaluate you. What a frickin' tool.
Old 03-20-17, 08:44 AM
Moderated User

Quote:
Ahh, haters gonna hate. Coach has his only undefeated season (possibly in school history) and you have to belittle it. I guess the community would rather go 5-5 and and not get into the playoffs?
So funny that merely stating facts constitutes hate. If everyone's yearly goal was to be undefeated than terrific, GOAL MET! But I am thinking that actually winning a State Championship is everyone's long term goal! Please feel free to correct if Heath and/or the Heath community does not really care about being State Champions and cupcake beating is their focus. LOL
Old 03-20-17, 08:47 AM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardinal Nation View Post
Winning 10 games is huge for a program. Don't be a hater. it makes you look small and weak and cowardly.
What is really Weak and Cowardly is beating up cupcakes in the regular season, then bragging about how GREAT you are then wetting the bed when it counts in the actual playoffs. So sad for the state of Heath FB!

Last edited by stallionfan8989; 03-20-17 at 12:21 PM.
Old 03-20-17, 09:03 AM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salesman View Post
One of the cons is that people like stallionfan think they can evaluate you. What a frickin' tool.
To me the tool is putting this issue out for public consumption and then having your feelings hurt if everyone does not agree that an undefeated season vs. cupcakes is not really an accomplishment. But if that is all you have, then good for you.
Old 03-20-17, 09:44 AM
All American

America is on a distinguished road
Going 10-0, having the #1 seed in the region and losing 42-7 in the opening round at home is kind of sad. It already is the weakest region in DIV minus Big Red. J-town Monroe wasn't that good either. However, a school like Heath wasn't even heard of until they started making the state polls. So I'll give them credit for a 10-0 accomplishment but sometimes it's better to go 8-2 and advance in the playoffs.
Old 03-20-17, 10:27 AM
All American

serpico is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Of course they do. But if your mindset is 'state championship or bust', then all but seven teams bust every year. I'm not sure what sort of recent history Heath football has, but a 10-0 regular season is likely a great springboard for the future.
Old 03-20-17, 12:15 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by serpico View Post
Of course they do. But if your mindset is 'state championship or bust', then all but seven teams bust every year. I'm not sure what sort of recent history Heath football has, but a 10-0 regular season is likely a great springboard for the future.
Not likely when your Regular season schedule continues to be WEAK! The post season is the reason everyone plays, nobody looking for a cupcake undefeated season. Do the players get rings for that? If "state championship or bust" is not your mind set then you are better off putting your limited funds towards girls soccer.
Old 03-20-17, 12:18 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by America View Post
Going 10-0, having the #1 seed in the region and losing 42-7 in the opening round at home is kind of sad. It already is the weakest region in DIV minus Big Red. J-town Monroe wasn't that good either. However, a school like Heath wasn't even heard of until they started making the state polls. So I'll give them credit for a 10-0 accomplishment but sometimes it's better to go 8-2 and advance in the playoffs.
Could not agree more. Ask Hartley if they would rather have an undefeated season or State Championships B2B.
Old 03-20-17, 12:39 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Not likely when your Regular season schedule continues to be WEAK! The post season is the reason everyone plays, nobody looking for a cupcake undefeated season. Do the players get rings for that? If "state championship or bust" is not your mind set then you are better off putting your limited funds towards girls soccer.
They did beat 3 playoff teams and a 4th team that finished 9th in their region. so hardly a "cupcake" schedule.
Old 03-20-17, 03:08 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerdrill View Post
They did beat 3 playoff teams and a 4th team that finished 9th in their region. so hardly a "cupcake" schedule.
Wow, how impressive! This speaks for itself as the schedule did not prepare them for a playoff run of any consequence. This is the very definition of a cupcake schedule. 9th in their region? Must be some region, any middle school teams in that region? So very awe inspiring. Guess Heath was robbed this last season as they definitely deserved a State title. LOL
Old 03-20-17, 03:39 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Wow, how impressive! This speaks for itself as the schedule did not prepare them for a playoff run of any consequence. This is the very definition of a cupcake schedule. 9th in their region? Must be some region, any middle school teams in that region? So very awe inspiring. Guess Heath was robbed this last season as they definitely deserved a State title. LOL
I'm sorry, is it stallionfan, or jackassfan?
Old 03-20-17, 07:11 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
I'm sorry, is it stallionfan, or jackassfan?
Is it Hammer drill or dumber Still? 😘
Old 03-20-17, 08:13 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Is it Hammer drill or dumber Still? 😘
Only a very small man would go to such lengths to denigrate that which the Heath team accomplished. Do us all a favor and see yourself out. Clearly you have accomplished so much more than they have, and likely more than many of us have. We simply are not worthy of your time here.
Old 03-20-17, 10:07 PM
All American

Journey is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb

Stallionfan get your first girlfriend, you'll be less salty.
Old 03-21-17, 07:26 AM
Moderated User

Quote:
Only a very small man would go to such lengths to denigrate that which the Heath team accomplished. Do us all a favor and see yourself out. Clearly you have accomplished so much more than they have, and likely more than many of us have. We simply are not worthy of your time here.
Only a ignoramus would post propaganda on a PUBLIC forum and expect that everyone will heap praise on a disastrous season that ended in public humiliation at HOME by a powerhouse PHILO team (who even knew who they were until the Heath smack-down) who was ranked LAST in the region and then cry about it. If you cannot see that Heath's schedule was WEAK then that is your problem. If you can't see that the Coach did not do his job and get his players ready for a deep playoff run, than again your problem (unless you are putting the fault of the disaster on the players themselves). If you are happy being a big fish in a insignificant pond then good for you. Everyone knows that the cupcake teams make a quick exit in week 1. I am sure Philo had their JV out after the 1st half given the lopsided score. BTW, a playoff game is counted in the season record so I am sorry to say Heath DID NOT have an undefeated season as the loss that bounced them was hideous. I really feel sorry for the Seniors of that team as their coaching staff did not prepare them properly and they had to end the last football game of their lives with that outhouse spanking. So sad.

Last edited by stallionfan8989; 03-21-17 at 07:56 AM.
Old 03-21-17, 07:38 AM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journey View Post
Stallionfan get your first girlfriend, you'll be less salty.
How about not having delusional people posting nonsense about what a powerhouse Heath is. That would help. Thinking a Coaching change is just what this team needs to have a shot at being relevant.
Old 03-21-17, 07:49 AM
All American

Journey is on a distinguished road
Quote:
How about not having delusional people posting nonsense about what a powerhouse Heath is. That would help. Thinking a Coaching change is just what this team needs to have a shot at being relevant.
match.com
Old 03-21-17, 08:45 AM
Junior Varsity

I didn't post propaganda about a powerhouse season. I didn't ask anyone to heap praise on Heath or it's coach. I didn't say they had an undefeated season. I simply posted that a coach, that I have no affiliation with, stepped down. I see a lot of postings about coaching vacancies. I said nice job on the season and stated they went undefeated during the regular season. Whether you want to believe going 10-0 and making the playoffs is an accomplishment or not is your business. I hope you are happy telling everyone who will listen that your favorite team played the toughest schedule in Division whatever and went 1-9. I'm sure everyone in that community would be happy that the team plays the toughest schedule but never wins any games. Get some perspective. It's high school football.
Old 03-21-17, 10:57 AM
Moderated User

Quote:
I didn't post propaganda about a powerhouse season. I didn't ask anyone to heap praise on Heath or it's coach. I didn't say they had an undefeated season. I simply posted that a coach, that I have no affiliation with, stepped down. I see a lot of postings about coaching vacancies. I said nice job on the season and stated they went undefeated during the regular season. Whether you want to believe going 10-0 and making the playoffs is an accomplishment or not is your business. I hope you are happy telling everyone who will listen that your favorite team played the toughest schedule in Division whatever and went 1-9. I'm sure everyone in that community would be happy that the team plays the toughest schedule but never wins any games. Get some perspective. It's high school football.
I counter that your primary reason for posting was to heap praise on what turned out to be a sub-par season for Heath due to the BLOWOUT in GAME 1, AT HOME by the lowest seeded team in the Region (Everyone involved should be embarrassed of the unwarranted hype). At the end of the day the Coach takes the blame for this melt-down because he did not prepare his players during the regular season by having them play weak teams in a weak division. If you do not want to hear an impartial perspective I would recommend that you do not even open that can of worms. At the end of the day a supposed undefeated season (not, as Heath lost the last game of their season by BLOWOUT) vs. cupcake opponents is not an accomplishment, especially in HS football and especially in Ohio. You should take that bogus stuff to Maine.
Old 03-21-17, 12:01 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
I counter that your primary reason for posting was to heap praise on what turned out to be a sub-par season for Heath due to the BLOWOUT in GAME 1, AT HOME by the lowest seeded team in the Region (Everyone involved should be embarrassed of the unwarranted hype). At the end of the day the Coach takes the blame for this melt-down because he did not prepare his players during the regular season by having them play weak teams in a weak division. If you do not want to hear an impartial perspective I would recommend that you do not even open that can of worms. At the end of the day a supposed undefeated season (not, as Heath lost the last game of their season by BLOWOUT) vs. cupcake opponents is not an accomplishment, especially in HS football and especially in Ohio. You should take that bogus stuff to Maine.
Please read the very first post. I'm guessing you didn't pass the 3rd grade reading proficiency test because (again) I'm not affiliated with that school or coach. I wasn't trying to heap praise or ask anyone to heap praise on that school or coach. Again, I never said he had an undefeated season. I said undefeated regular season. It's there in black and white. You might want to let the person know who reads and types for you to also help you with comprehension.
Old 03-21-17, 01:45 PM
All Ohio

Raider6309 is on a distinguished road
He's just mad because the CCL sucks
Old 03-22-17, 11:16 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Only a ignoramus would post propaganda on a PUBLIC forum and expect that everyone will heap praise on a disastrous season that ended in public humiliation at HOME by a powerhouse PHILO team (who even knew who they were until the Heath smack-down) who was ranked LAST in the region and then cry about it. If you cannot see that Heath's schedule was WEAK then that is your problem. If you can't see that the Coach did not do his job and get his players ready for a deep playoff run, than again your problem (unless you are putting the fault of the disaster on the players themselves). If you are happy being a big fish in a insignificant pond then good for you. Everyone knows that the cupcake teams make a quick exit in week 1. I am sure Philo had their JV out after the 1st half given the lopsided score. BTW, a playoff game is counted in the season record so I am sorry to say Heath DID NOT have an undefeated season as the loss that bounced them was hideous. I really feel sorry for the Seniors of that team as their coaching staff did not prepare them properly and they had to end the last football game of their lives with that outhouse spanking. So sad.
You really need to get over yourself.
Old 03-23-17, 01:04 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Please read the very first post. I'm guessing you didn't pass the 3rd grade reading proficiency test because (again) I'm not affiliated with that school or coach. I wasn't trying to heap praise or ask anyone to heap praise on that school or coach. Again, I never said he had an undefeated season. I said undefeated regular season. It's there in black and white. You might want to let the person know who reads and types for you to also help you with comprehension.
You might want to comprehend that just because you say you are unaffiliated (yea right!) does not mean you are not Coach! LOL Looking for false PRAISE for sure here. Think you mean undefeated Cupcake regular season. Plenty of middle schools with undefeated regular seasons, tons of Pop Warner teams as well. Hope everyone got a participation trophy at the end of season banquet.