Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Baseball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 05-19-17, 03:20 PM
All Region

HomeRunsNDunks is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TippIsGreat View Post
another example of Tipp choking in the playoffs against a team they beat 9-0.. wow just wow. I feel bad for Cahill
Did Meeks pitch the first matchup against Tipp? Also, who pitched for Tipp last night? Meeks is a D1 arm going to NKU so he's no slouch. And Kenton Ridge is traditionally a strong program overall.
Old 05-20-17, 10:28 AM
Freshman

Nodaysoff is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeRunsNDunks View Post
Did Meeks pitch the first matchup against Tipp? Also, who pitched for Tipp last night? Meeks is a D1 arm going to NKU so he's no slouch. And Kenton Ridge is traditionally a strong program overall.
Exactly. Meeks is the real deal.. I believe he only gave up 2 hits that game and rang up quite a few
Old 05-20-17, 10:26 PM
Freshman

Zepman44 is on a distinguished road
I wouldn't call losing to a D1 pitcher choking. It's baseball. A stud pitcher that's on his game can beat anyone on any given day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-21-17, 05:38 AM
Freshman

CanofCorn is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=Zepman44;6767720]I wouldn't call losing to a D1 pitcher choking. It's baseball. A stud pitcher that's on his game can beat anyone on any given day

Agreed. Meeks sounds like a legit pitcher. Plus Tipp has made some deep runs in the past and just ran into a stud. My concern lies more with Springboro choking and not getting past Districts. Again very talented team with D1 recruits and he finds a way to not advance.
Old 05-21-17, 07:36 PM
All Ohio

yakyak is on a distinguished road
Passed sectionals, should play a best of 3.
Old 05-23-17, 08:39 AM
Junior Varsity

HSsportfan is on a distinguished road
Last time I checked, coaches don't pitch, bat or field??? Everyone is good in District Finals!! Tough 4-3 loss but not choking!! What about Lebanon losing 6-0 or Butler losing 7-0?? It's HS sports with HS kids. Anything can happen. Don't be so quick to blame the coach every time the kids fall short!!! At some point, we need to hold kids accountable instead of finding someone else to blame for their shortcomings!!
Old 05-23-17, 10:01 PM
Freshman

CanofCorn is on a distinguished road
I agree with you on the coach doesn't play and yes the kids need held accountable for the loses but in Tipp City lose they ran into a good pitcher. With that said they have made some runs in the past. That's not choking thats how the game goes. My point with Boro is if you look back thru the results schedule on the GWOC site, which covers 2006 - 2017, they have never had a losing season but have never advanced past Districts either. At some point it makes you wonder what the problem is. Just makes me scratch my head with that happening over and over that's all.
Old 05-24-17, 06:29 AM
Junior Varsity

In the District Finals, Dayton brackets get matched up with Cincinnati Brackets. Baseball in cincy is the real deal. Always much better than Dayton! Look at any sport, most District champions are from Cincinnati - especially in Division 1. Butler was the #1 seed out of dayton and lost 7-0 to the 2 seed from cincy. Lakota was the 3 seed!!! Not a slouch by any stretch of the imagination. Centerville won because they played the 13 seed out of cincy who must have one good arm and knocked off #1 Moeller then didn't have a second arm to match up with the Elks. Again, look at any sport, a majority of the District Champions are from Cincinnati. They are just better!! The 1, 2 and 3 seed from Cincinnati CHOSE to play the 1, 2 and 3 seed from Dayton instead of a lower seed from Cincy??? Why??? Because the 4 or 5 seed out of cincy scares them more than any Dayton team!!!
Old 05-24-17, 06:43 AM
Junior Varsity

Heck, years ago, a sectional bracket was a 16 team bracket. First two games of bracket were called sectionals. Second two were called districts. There was no cross bracketing in the District Finals. Dayton was guaranteed to have two teams in the regionals for every sport in Division 1. Cincinnati lobbied hard for the cross bracketing to occur in the district finals because having the best teams in regionals was more important than having geographic representation in regionals. In other words, Cincinnati is better than Dayton and they wanted the opportunity to have more Cincinnati schools in regionals and they have. Cincinnati is just better in sports than Dayton!!!!
Old 05-24-17, 04:17 PM
All Region

wayicit is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSsportfan View Post
In the District Finals, Dayton brackets get matched up with Cincinnati Brackets. Baseball in cincy is the real deal. Always much better than Dayton! Look at any sport, most District champions are from Cincinnati - especially in Division 1. Butler was the #1 seed out of dayton and lost 7-0 to the 2 seed from cincy. Lakota was the 3 seed!!! Not a slouch by any stretch of the imagination. Centerville won because they played the 13 seed out of cincy who must have one good arm and knocked off #1 Moeller then didn't have a second arm to match up with the Elks. Again, look at any sport, a majority of the District Champions are from Cincinnati. They are just better!! The 1, 2 and 3 seed from Cincinnati CHOSE to play the 1, 2 and 3 seed from Dayton instead of a lower seed from Cincy??? Why??? Because the 4 or 5 seed out of cincy scares them more than any Dayton team!!!
You're right. Dayton can't possibly compete against teams where "it's the real deal." I was trying to figure out why Cincinnati teams always beat Dayton teams in all sports all the time. Thanks for clearing in up for me. It's because they are the "real deal." I can finally rest now.