Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Girls HS Sports > Girls Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 06-05-13, 12:42 PM
All District

znewem is on a distinguished road
Ideas for Summer Camps, Activities etc.

Anybody have info. / feedback on what are some of the good summer camps for a middle school girls bball player looking to get better, around the Cleveland west side area for this summer? Looking for not just camp names (not terribly hard to get those) but also a little on what are the pro's & con's / further info. on the camps. Any info., good or bad, appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-06-13, 04:34 PM
All Ohio

thewho is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by znewem View Post
Anybody have info. / feedback on what are some of the good summer camps for a middle school girls bball player looking to get better, around the Cleveland west side area for this summer? Looking for not just camp names (not terribly hard to get those) but also a little on what are the pro's & con's / further info. on the camps. Any info., good or bad, appreciated.
Good luck with your search...I do know this. I have two freinds that are affiliated with recreation centers and have heard the same from girls coaches. With summer-softball-vacations-etc... the same response I hear all the time is lack of interest in basketball around this time of year, especially for younger kids. I don't know that for all areas, but I do know I have heard this from Stark/Summit County folks. Many rec. centers have done away with HS girls leagues do to lack of interest, I can only imagine the younger kids. I have seen alot of girls basketball, no... it is not like the boys, but I have seen games at the girls level more "competitive" so to speak that I have enjoyed watching. I just don't see the interest, therefore, I think it would be the same for your area, but not sure, just speaking on what I have been told. Best of Luck!!
Old 06-07-13, 07:27 AM
Junior Varsity

lion13 is on a distinguished road
Sports City U is coming to St. Thomas Aquinas(Louisville, Oh) June 17 & 18. Contact Coach Rhodes @ roundballrhodes@yahoo or call 330-617-6328. Jimmy Clayton Clayton runs the camp. 20 hours of intense basketball skill work.
Old 06-13-13, 01:48 PM
Freshman

ArnieHoops32 is on a distinguished road
Great opportunity!

Alan Stein and Ganon Baker are coming to NE Ohio July 1-3! These are two of the best clinicians in the world! Contact Rudy Arnold at 330-289-1291 or visit www. ArnieHoops.com
Old 06-15-13, 12:07 AM
All District

znewem is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewho View Post
Good luck with your search...I do know this. I have two freinds that are affiliated with recreation centers and have heard the same from girls coaches. With summer-softball-vacations-etc... the same response I hear all the time is lack of interest in basketball around this time of year, especially for younger kids. I don't know that for all areas, but I do know I have heard this from Stark/Summit County folks. Many rec. centers have done away with HS girls leagues do to lack of interest, I can only imagine the younger kids. I have seen alot of girls basketball, no... it is not like the boys, but I have seen games at the girls level more "competitive" so to speak that I have enjoyed watching. I just don't see the interest, therefore, I think it would be the same for your area, but not sure, just speaking on what I have been told. Best of Luck!!
I'm originally from Lake County but in Western Cuyahoga with my daughters now. Got to say, I am a bit disappointed here in the lack of interest overall, similar to what you speak of in Stark/Summit. Plenty of camp options though. We have decided we are going to go to the St. Joe's Academy girls Bball camp this coming week and will follow that up by attending camp with the Lady Vikings of Cleveland State the following week. Via a highly successful AAU coach, it was also recommended that we look into the camps run by Coach Moran / John Carroll and also a camp run by another one of the Westside HS's...couldn't do the JCU camps though due to a scheduling conflict.

Thanks thewho, and to others, for the feedback!