Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  
  #1  
Old 06-19-19, 08:38 AM
AllSports12 AllSports12 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 01-31-07
Posts: 3,802
AllSports12 will become famous soon enough
A 13yr Old Umpire Has To Put Up With This?

During a game played by.......

7 Year Olds


https://abcnews.go.com/US/parents-br...ntizuHpZ4EFa88

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 06-19-19, 08:39 AM
Philly_Cat Philly_Cat is online now
All World
 
Join Date: 01-10-13
Posts: 3,881
Philly_Cat is on a distinguished road
Nothing surprising here

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-20-19, 01:14 PM
Yappi Yappi is offline
Go Buckeyes
 
Join Date: 04-15-01
Location: Ohio
Posts: 56,921
Yappi will become famous soon enoughYappi will become famous soon enough
I wish 7 year old baseball/softball was limited to local rec ball. Not positive here where the games were being played but it seems like the ultra competitive parents start their kids younger and younger leading to these types of silly/dangerous incidents.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-20-19, 01:31 PM
Irwin20 Irwin20 is online now
All World
 
Join Date: 08-14-11
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 4,011
Irwin20 is on a distinguished road
If I was there I would just be sitting in my chair laughing at these imbeciles.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-20-19, 02:34 PM
thavoice thavoice is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 07-17-07
Posts: 9,218
thavoice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yappi View Post
I wish 7 year old baseball/softball was limited to local rec ball. Not positive here where the games were being played but it seems like the ultra competitive parents start their kids younger and younger leading to these types of silly/dangerous incidents.
I concur.

Want to know what the 7yr olds in our town/program do:

They play pee-wee.

*Mon-Wed-Fri they show up a the park.
*Play 3 innings/roughly an hour.
*Park workers pick teams randomly and they wear whatever they want.
*Free.
*Use a rubber ball.
*Each batter gets up per inning.
*Kids play any random position.
*MINIMAL PARENT INTERACTION. It is held during the day so most parents are NOT THERE.
*Park workers/HS kids often times, teach and foster a FUN ATMOSPHERE.

*Did I say MINIMAL PARENT INTERATION?

*No records. You keep "score" but very loosely!
*Vacation? Family plans for the day? No big deal, you aren't letting your team down by not showing because they pick new teams.



-----That is how our program does it
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-20-19, 02:41 PM
Raider6309 Raider6309 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 04-12-15
Location: Athens
Posts: 2,708
Raider6309 is on a distinguished road
Everyone but the umpire should sit in jail for a week
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-20-19, 02:51 PM
AllSports12 AllSports12 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 01-31-07
Posts: 3,802
AllSports12 will become famous soon enough
The dispute started not with an issue about balls/strikes, safe/out, fair/foul, or a catch/no catch call.....

It was batting out of order.....


And to add to Yappi's and thavoice's assessment about 7yr old games.... There should never be umpires involved at that age.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-20-19, 03:08 PM
thavoice thavoice is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 07-17-07
Posts: 9,218
thavoice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllSports12 View Post
The dispute started not with an issue about balls/strikes, safe/out, fair/foul, or a catch/no catch call.....

It was batting out of order.....


And to add to Yappi's and thavoice's assessment about 7yr old games.... There should never be umpires involved at that age.
I presume the coaches and umpire didn't jive with how to rule it?

(As an opposing coach, you wait until after the at bat don't you to bring it up or else the team can just put up the right batter and assume the count? Correct me if I am wrong)

Batting out of order.....

and to add to the list of what our town does at that age:
*There is no batting order.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-20-19, 04:10 PM
Baseballmom13 Baseballmom13 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 06-25-13
Posts: 180
Baseballmom13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by thavoice View Post
I concur.

Want to know what the 7yr olds in our town/program do:

They play pee-wee.

*Mon-Wed-Fri they show up a the park.
*Play 3 innings/roughly an hour.
*Park workers pick teams randomly and they wear whatever they want.
*Free.
*Use a rubber ball.
*Each batter gets up per inning.
*Kids play any random position.
*MINIMAL PARENT INTERACTION. It is held during the day so most parents are NOT THERE.
*Park workers/HS kids often times, teach and foster a FUN ATMOSPHERE.

*Did I say MINIMAL PARENT INTERATION?

*No records. You keep "score" but very loosely!
*Vacation? Family plans for the day? No big deal, you aren't letting your team down by not showing because they pick new teams.



-----That is how our program does it
I love this.
Wed play every day. Boys and girls together, in a very big front yard. Made us all better players.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-20-19, 04:20 PM
SMARTY22 SMARTY22 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 04-23-09
Posts: 1,983
SMARTY22 is on a distinguished road
Suppsped Adults are always ruining things for our youth! A person is wanted by the local Police for behavior at a 7 yr olds baseball game,absolutely pathetic!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ask The Ump? Yappi Baseball 827 07-10-19 04:23 PM
The umpire strikes back: Ohio bill would make assaulting sports referees a felony FormerWildcat Football 51 04-30-19 09:11 PM
Umpire shortage natihsfan Softball 8 04-14-18 05:56 PM
Trying to put a team together for the Mason Dual MSU2016 Wrestling 2 04-05-18 12:59 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:52 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.