Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  
Old 06-19-19, 09:32 PM
All Yappi

Mackinbiner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantonAnon View Post
Name a school with better overall athletics than Jackson in Stark County. The growth over his tenure is a lot more important and noteworthy than that statement.
Jackson just won the Federal League's All-Sports Trophy for the 8th consecutive year.
Old 06-19-19, 09:41 PM
All Region

John Lee Pettimore is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackinbiner View Post
Jackson just won the Federal League's All-Sports Trophy for the 8th consecutive year.
When is the last time they won a football playoff game?
Old 06-19-19, 10:17 PM
All Yappi

perry1480 is on a distinguished road
Tuslaw?
Old 06-19-19, 10:20 PM
All Yappi

Maxie can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Lee Pettimore View Post
When is the last time they won a football playoff game?

Why hasn’t Mackinbiner answered your question? When someone asks a question or makes a post concerning MWHS, he doesn’t waste anytime.

I will answer your question. Jackson defeated Cuyahoga Falls 17-14 in 2001. That is the Polar Bears’ only win in the playoffs.
Old 06-19-19, 10:33 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Name a school with better overall athletics than Jackson in Stark County. The growth over his tenure is a lot more important and noteworthy than that statement.
Here are the final points totals in Jackson's recent 8th consecutive Federal League All-Sports Trophy win -

Jackson 128.5
Hoover 101.5
Perry 86.5
GlenOak 85.0
Lake 77.0
Green 76.0
McKinley 47.5
Old 06-19-19, 10:42 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxie View Post
Excuse me, I wasnít confused. I got my information from Massillontigers.com. Home Page-Facilities-PBTS. I will investigate further.
Maxie - It's been 10 days since you said you were going to research this untruth that's still on the Tigers' web site. How are you making out? lol
Old 06-19-19, 10:45 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Maxie - It's been 10 days since you said you were going to research this untruth that's still on the Tigers' web site. How are you making out? lol

DEFLECTION‼️
Old 06-19-19, 10:54 PM
All Yappi

Quote:

Since you are extremely concerned about this Massillon landmark, why donít you contact Wikipedia since they also said the same thing.
Old 06-19-19, 11:13 PM
All American

JJBulldog is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Itís terrible what has occurred. The students at McKinley were promised a new athletic facility. Another example of adults not doing their jobs.
On the flip side, we were given the best home stadium of any high school in America.

WHERE CHAMPIONS ARE MADE AND SUCCESS IS TRADITION
Old 06-19-19, 11:20 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Since you are extremely concerned about this Massillon landmark, why donít you contact Wikipedia since they also said the same thing.
WOW! That untruth on Wikipedia even has a disclaimer of "citation needed." That means the claim needs proof from a reliable source. Wikipedia won't even vouch for it.
Old 06-19-19, 11:34 PM
All American

Quote:
Hopefully he'll do something about getting rid of some of the racist refs in our league, especially in basketball, or we might have to assume there is something to Massillon's claim about their treatment in a league facility. Did he suspend any of the Jackson football players caught using the "N" word in their game against us @ Benson this past season? Coach Reardon had to stop the game and confront the reluctant ref about it.

Old 06-20-19, 01:23 AM
All World

DB135 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluestreakoffice View Post
I don't see your point with Joe Eaton keeping Massillon out. The Fed league principals control the league membership. The bylaws say that if there are 2 "no votes" the team does not become a member. I know that Massillon had one sure yes vote and that was GlenOak

Then you don't understand the influence of a long term administrator, who has made a point of doing everything he can to keep Massillon out of the league.

When that person, who is so influential, takes action against a school, it is obvious that he carries an influence, far beyond his one vote.

Is Massillon even a subject for entry into the league? Why are administrators at Hoover supporting petty actions, like denying schools, the home locker room they have earned?

It goes through a period of objectively described situations (like students participating in cheers, with a racial slur, that illustrates a widespread opinion in the Hoover community!)
Old 06-20-19, 01:38 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by DB135 View Post
Then you don't understand the influence of a long term administrator, who has made a point of doing everything he can to keep Massillon out of the league.

When that person, who is so influential, takes action against a school, it is obvious that he carries an influence, far beyond his one vote.

Is Massillon even a subject for entry into the league? Why are administrators at Hoover supporting petty actions, like denying schools, the home locker room they have earned?

It goes through a period of objectively described situations (like students participating in cheers, with a racial slur, that illustrates a widespread opinion in the Hoover community!)

Not sure you can conflate the disgusting racism you experience interfacing with our league from time to time with being kept out of the league as a whole. The motivation for keeping Massillon out of the league likely has more to do with the widely perceived predatory nature of your football program than it does with the racial makeup of many of your players. They took us into their league, and we have a higher percent of minority students than you do, and always have. At least i hope you are wrong about that.

Old 06-20-19, 05:05 AM
All Region

John Lee Pettimore is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJBulldog View Post
On the flip side, we were given the best home stadium of any high school in America.

By what publication? How can one determine such a thing? Is it one man's opinion? Did they take into account that it really isn't yours? I mean, my cousin let me drive his Stingray once but I don't go around telling everyone that it's mine.
Old 06-20-19, 06:46 AM
All Region

bodiaz is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

Why on earth would Massillon even want to come into the FED? I get that it would give their teams a chance to compete in a league for titles, and all league honors, and it would cut travel costs for the off sports. On the other hand, why would you want into a league where the majority of the other schools comprising the league detest your program? If the FED decided to expand by one team to get to 8, if I was Massillon, I wouldn't even waste my time applying, you know you have one certain NO vote from Jackson, and I doubt that your going to get a unanimous Yes vote from all Hoover, Perry, Lake and Green. The FED is doing fine without Massillon, Massillon football is doing fine without the FED, let it be.
Old 06-20-19, 07:45 AM
All Yappi

TigerPaw is on a distinguished road
Pretty much summarizes it. Travel, costs, and revenue vs. personal animosity. No I would not join any league under those circumstances.

Mckinley had some of the same issues, which led them to retaliate with boycotts of their own. (Namely dropped Jackson basketball, which Taylor had large influence in). McDaniels also had some choice comments that added pressure. Both sides promised to put that all aside and the FL allowed their entry. You'd have to ask Mckinley and FL how they view that marriage today.
Old 06-20-19, 08:46 AM
All Ohio

bass10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerPaw View Post
Pretty much summarizes it. Travel, costs, and revenue vs. personal animosity. No I would not join any league under those circumstances.

Mckinley had some of the same issues, which led them to retaliate with boycotts of their own. (Namely dropped Jackson basketball, which Taylor had large influence in). McDaniels also had some choice comments that added pressure. Both sides promised to put that all aside and the FL allowed their entry. You'd have to ask Mckinley and FL how they view that marriage today.
Yes but you have to ask McK as a whole. Not just the 5 people that post on yappi. McK, like Massillon would, finishes last or near the bottom on the FL All sports. So a league is driven by the other sports as well, not just football which is much easier travel and scheduling.
Old 06-20-19, 08:52 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerPaw View Post

McKinely is happy for the most part with the Federal League, sure there are some that yearn for the days as an Independent, but they are not looking at the whole picture. The FED has allowed McKinley's non-revenue sports to cut travel costs, develop rivalries, be seen by more recruiters, etc..yes, many of the Bulldogs non-revenue teams struggle in the FED, but improvements have been slowly occurring. I get it that some folks would like to see the football and basketball teams go back to the days of a wide open schedule, but giving up the FED and the gates that are produced would not make sense.
Old 06-20-19, 09:02 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bass10 View Post
Yes but you have to ask McK as a whole. Not just the 5 people that post on yappi. McK, like Massillon would, finishes last or near the bottom on the FL All sports. So a league is driven by the other sports as well, not just football which is much easier travel and scheduling.
That's a canard. Somebody ALWAYS finishes near the bottom. In fact those all-sports rankings are pretty much the same every year, no matter what honors and success various individual programs and sports achieve statewide in a given year. Don't act all superior and pretend like you gaf about Mckinley's golf or girl's cross country team they live in a city, lol.
Old 06-20-19, 09:09 AM
All Yappi

Fair enough bo, but kinda funny how you offer polar opposite opinions on the same subject, lol. Fact is you and your ilk per your posting history are part of the problem not solution.
Old 06-20-19, 10:42 AM
All World

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJBulldog View Post
Not sure you can conflate the disgusting racism you experience interfacing with our league from time to time with being kept out of the league as a whole. The motivation for keeping Massillon out of the league likely has more to do with the widely perceived predatory nature of your football program than it does with the racial makeup of many of your players. They took us into their league, and we have a higher percent of minority students than you do, and always have. At least i hope you are wrong about that.

The situation that existed when Massillon was pursuing federal league membership was primarily blocked by a few school administrators whose actions along with their fans clearly had racial factors, that were demonstrated by their actions and handling of athletic events.

I'm certain that you have NO first hand evidence to document your position. Just because McKinley was accepted doesn't mean they want another similar school in their conference.
Old 06-20-19, 10:50 AM
All World

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodiaz View Post
Why on earth would Massillon even want to come into the FED? I get that it would give their teams a chance to compete in a league for titles, and all league honors, and it would cut travel costs for the off sports. On the other hand, why would you want into a league where the majority of the other schools comprising the league detest your program? If the FED decided to expand by one team to get to 8, if I was Massillon, I wouldn't even waste my time applying, you know you have one certain NO vote from Jackson, and I doubt that your going to get a unanimous Yes vote from all Hoover, Perry, Lake and Green. The FED is doing fine without Massillon, Massillon football is doing fine without the FED, let it be.
First of all, this occurred some time ago when the Massillon administration wanted a league affiliation, for their sports program(s). I doubt that the envy of the Massillon program is a factor in considering a league affiliation.

Your shortsighted analysis of the situation doesn't consider the benefits of a league for all sports, which I'm certain is more important that one for just the major sports.

Hopefully, when administrations change then a mature decision can be made on a league that will be best for the ENTIRE Massillon program.
Old 06-20-19, 11:28 AM
All Region

Quote:
First of all, this occurred some time ago when the Massillon administration wanted a league affiliation, for their sports program(s). I doubt that the envy of the Massillon program is a factor in considering a league affiliation.

Your shortsighted analysis of the situation doesn't consider the benefits of a league for all sports, which I'm certain is more important that one for just the major sports.

Hopefully, when administrations change then a mature decision can be made on a league that will be best for the ENTIRE Massillon program.
I clearly stated that the benefits to the FED included less travel, league honors, etc....your racial claims have zero proof, it's solely your interpretation of the events without any proof put forth on your part. The facts on the ground are that McKinley has a student body that is 57% minority, Massillon has a minority student population of 27%...former FED member Alliance has 28% minority student body, so the FED doesn't have a racial qualification to be a member....what you have failed to acknowledge is that most of the schools that would vote NO against Massillon, had athletes recruited out of their football programs by Massillon, such as Jackson, Hoover, Perry and Lake that is one of the top reasons that these administrators dont want to involve the Tigers,,,,yes, I agree that other schools recruit as has been pointed out by Tiger fans on here, but most of these athletes are being recruited for non-revenue sports, not the revenue producing sport of football...You really need to let it go, the FED is not going to offer Massillon membership, right or wrong, they have been at 7 members for a few years, and Massillon hasn't been considered for the eighth spot, it's not going to happen....personally, I think Massillon would be an ideal fit, and would support them being added....but the FED doesnt need Massillon, and Massillon really doesn't need the FED for football, would Massillon be okay with giving up home games to travel to Green or Lake?
Old 06-20-19, 11:32 AM
All World

my2sense is an unknown quantity at this point
The Fed def doesn't want Massillon and Mass claims to not want the Fed (despite obsessively posting Fed questions)

You know what we should do? Start a thread about if Massillon should join the Fed. Never had that one

Petty might start it. He's new here.
Old 06-20-19, 11:38 AM
All World

Lightbulb

Quote:
I clearly stated that the benefits to the FED included less travel, league honors, etc....your racial claims have zero proof, it's solely your interpretation of the events without any proof put forth on your part. The facts on the ground are that McKinley has a student body that is 57% minority, Massillon has a minority student population of 27%...former FED member Alliance has 28% minority student body, so the FED doesn't have a racial qualification to be a member....what you have failed to acknowledge is that most of the schools that would vote NO against Massillon, had athletes recruited out of their football programs by Massillon, such as Jackson, Hoover, Perry and Lake that is one of the top reasons that these administrators dont want to involve the Tigers,,,,yes, I agree that other schools recruit as has been pointed out by Tiger fans on here, but most of these athletes are being recruited for non-revenue sports, not the revenue producing sport of football...You really need to let it go, the FED is not going to offer Massillon membership, right or wrong, they have been at 7 members for a few years, and Massillon hasn't been considered for the eighth spot, it's not going to happen....personally, I think Massillon would be an ideal fit, and would support them being added....but the FED doesnt need Massillon, and Massillon really doesn't need the FED for football, would Massillon be okay with giving up home games to travel to Green or Lake?
The point is that Massillon wanted a league affiliation at that time and was interested, regardless of how they were treated. You need realize that, that was the case previously. Athletes are TRANSFERRING IN TO ALL SPORTS and presently Massillon has had no trouble getting transfers in to ALL sports without any hint of OHSAA investigation of recruiting.

Try comprehending this was the previous situation and I'm not promoting application to a league that doesn't want the program.
Old 06-20-19, 11:49 AM
All Region

Quote:
The point is that Massillon wanted a league affiliation at that time and was interested, regardless of how they were treated. You need realize that, that was the case previously. Athletes are TRANSFERRING IN TO ALL SPORTS and presently Massillon has had no trouble getting transfers in to ALL sports without any hint of OHSAA investigation of recruiting.

Try comprehending this was the previous situation and I'm not promoting application to a league that doesn't want the program.
You failed to put forth one iota of fact that racism kept Massillon out of the league...please share with us what kids are flocking to play a sport other than football at Massillon?...are they transferring in to get that world renown education that Massillon provides...Get over the FED rejecting Massillon.
Old 06-20-19, 12:06 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
yes, I agree that other schools recruit as has been pointed out by Tiger fans on here, but most of these athletes are being recruited for non-revenue sports, not the revenue producing sport of football...
I'm with you on most of what you say, but I'm having trouble with this comment. Why aren't these other schools being reprimanded for recruiting if it's such common knowledge that they're doing it?
Old 06-20-19, 12:29 PM
All American

Wadz06 is on a distinguished road
Anything with Massillon or Steubenville sure is an interesting read.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-20-19, 12:41 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
I'm with you on most of what you say, but I'm having trouble with this comment. Why aren't these other schools being reprimanded for recruiting if it's such common knowledge that they're doing it?
League leadership does a good job sweeping dirty laundry under the rug, members do not rat each other, like to play victim and find excuses because they are self-righteous entitled brats. Just like you. Also Massillon does not give a chit what Perry wrestling, Hoover girls, or Jackson baseball volleyball whatever does, or who transfers out to wherever they want. And there have been plenty who transferred to FL schools.
Old 06-20-19, 12:42 PM
All World

Quote:
You failed to put forth one iota of fact that racism kept Massillon out of the league...please share with us what kids are flocking to play a sport other than football at Massillon?...are they transferring in to get that world renown education that Massillon provides...Get over the FED rejecting Massillon.
It was common knowledge that Massillon was being kept out of the league by schools who's administrators had a racial bias. Ths was exhibited by the actions I described by them and their fans.

Because you can't comprehend anything but a written policy you fail to understand how informal rules often govern an organization.

Since you don't have the capacity to figure that out IF you don't know of a situation you ASSume it doesn't exist.

The baseball program for one has yearly had a number of top flight transfers, as you forget to mention the transfer of a player from Massillon to McKinley in a major sport!