Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > College Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 03-07-16, 01:44 PM
All Yappi

Michael Bluth is on a distinguished road
How do you pick your bracket?

What are the factors? Which stats do you use to make your predictions? What are the largest determinants when you're going through and picking games? Or do you just wing it
Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-16, 01:52 PM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
Been making the picks since the middle 80's. Used to keep all of the past brackets and most years got low 40's right out of all the games.

I used to really study it, pay attention all season and look at many matchups very closely and did alright.

Then I started to do more a knee jerk picks.

Then I just wing/d it.

and a couple of seasons picking only the higher seeds and then in the FF had to make determinations.

..and what I have found is.........no matter how I did it I oddly got almost always the same right...within maybe 3-4 each season!

Just so difficult...and yeah..I only have one sheet and same picks for any and all contests I would enter!

PEople want to always find that huge upset....gotta find that 14 over a 3 and try to always pick one. Yeah...you may hit on it once in awhile, but a vast majority of the time you dont..and even if you did get it right it doesnt usually pay off because they dont go far after that and when you factor in all the times those big upsets you picked that didnt work out hose you it wasnt worth it!
Old 03-07-16, 02:48 PM
Cooling Off

Nelson Van Alden has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Bluth View Post
What are the factors? Which stats do you use to make your predictions? What are the largest determinants when you're going through and picking games? Or do you just wing it
While it is fun to pick the first round upsets, I'm more focused on getting the FF correct, unless it's a year where it's obvious 3/4 are going to make it like last year.

This year will be wild, I wouldn't put $ on any team getting out of the 2nd Round. Any year where Kansas is a top seed leads to busted brackets everywhere. Bill Self is so overrated, it's not funny.
Old 03-07-16, 03:18 PM
All Yappi

ronnie mund can only hope to improve
Whichever team has the best colors. Mascots as a tie-breaker.
Old 03-07-16, 04:37 PM
All American

XavierMenForever
I pick UK to win it all every year since 2010. In a bracket of 150+ entries, have won it twice (2011 and 2014). Funny thing is UK didn't win either of those seasons, but they made the finals as a 4 seed and an 8 seed (and I was the only one to have either Finals participants).

The aforementioned bracket's scoring is a little different than most in which you multiple the seed number by the rounds points (ex: pick a 12 seed to win first round: 12 x 1 = 12; pick a 1 seed to win sweet 16 game: 1 x 4 = 4), so I pick 1st round upsets if I don't have the higher seed moving on to the sweet 16.

My sweet 16 is chalky when compared to the first round mayhem I pick, but I try to find that middle ground where I have the chance to differentiate my bracket from others yet not have it destroyed going into the 2nd weekend.
Old 03-07-16, 09:56 PM
All Yappi

TroyTrojan05 is on a distinguished road
listen to Jay Bilas. Do the opposite of Vitale.
Old 03-08-16, 08:31 AM
All Yappi

Michael Bluth is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by XavierMenForever View Post
The aforementioned bracket's scoring is a little different than most in which you multiple the seed number by the rounds points (ex: pick a 12 seed to win first round: 12 x 1 = 12; pick a 1 seed to win sweet 16 game: 1 x 4 = 4), so I pick 1st round upsets if I don't have the higher seed moving on to the sweet 16.
I kind of like that