Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
View Poll Results: Who wins the conference?
Bethel 1 3.45%
Covington 3 10.34%
Fort Loramie 14 48.28%
Miami East 7 24.14%
Other 4 13.79%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-11-18, 08:24 AM
All Region

ReadyKnightsFan is on a distinguished road
Cross County Conference 2018

What are everyone's thoughts on how this conference shakes out this year? Anyone besides Fort Loramie, Bethel, Miami East, and Covington going to contend for the playoffs?

Last edited by ReadyKnightsFan; 07-11-18 at 08:41 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-18, 12:05 PM
All World

D4fan is on a distinguished road
Covington is not a growing community when compared to Bethel or East. I suspect the day is fast approaching when Covington no longer dominates this conference.
Old 07-11-18, 03:00 PM
All District

BucksFan937 is on a distinguished road
Just going off what I can remember from last season, and I could be wrong. I believe Bethel lost a lot, and I believe Miami East returns the majority of their team. I'd guess Covington should be strong as usual, and I don't know a ton about Fort Loramie. My guess is the top 2 teams are East and Loramie, with Covington 3rd and then who knows.

I doubt anyone else contends for the playoffs, especially the D6 teams in the conference, because the Region is loaded and it will take 9-1 to have a chance.
Old 07-11-18, 04:31 PM
All Yappi

vamp2syd will become famous soon enough
Even though they lost a lot I would still keep an eye on Bethel.....
Old 07-11-18, 09:19 PM
Varsity

joe51391 is on a distinguished road
TCN and Arcanum should be up close to the top. TCN has a ton of seniors and Arcanum is going to be tough both teams should have 40+ players so it should be a fun year in the CCC. ME will be good as should FL. Covington might take a step back but then again it is Covington. Once the scrimmages and practices get going I'll make my predictions for the whole CCC.
Old 07-12-18, 07:15 AM
All District

I agree, I keep feeling like Covington could take a step back but it is Covington and I'll have to see it before I believe it. I could see TCN and Arcanum both near the top in the league this year. Another question mark I have is Ansonia sitting there in D7. Will they have a chance to repeat the 6-4 record they had last year where they slid into the playoffs?
Old 07-12-18, 07:42 AM
Varsity

Ansoniafan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucksFan937 View Post
I agree, I keep feeling like Covington could take a step back but it is Covington and I'll have to see it before I believe it. I could see TCN and Arcanum both near the top in the league this year. Another question mark I have is Ansonia sitting there in D7. Will they have a chance to repeat the 6-4 record they had last year where they slid into the playoffs?
I believe Ansonia will actually improve on that 6-4 record. Bethel and Riverside lost quite a bit and we do not play Covington or East so Ft Loramie and North will be the tough games. They lost a couple close games last year and have the majority of our skill players back. QB, WR, and 3 of 5 running backs. The hole to fill will be on the OL with 2 honest 300# players lost to graduation.
Old 07-12-18, 04:35 PM
All American

InTheDarke is on a distinguished road
I hear Mississinawa is in serious danger of not having a team at all this year...
Old 07-12-18, 04:56 PM
All American

StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheDarke View Post
I hear Mississinawa is in serious danger of not having a team at all this year...
When are they not?
Old 07-13-18, 06:55 AM
All Region

Fort Loramie's roster was really young last year when they went 8-3. I expect them and Miami East to be the top two teams in the conference.

If Mississinawa doesn't field a team would that count as a W for the 10 teams playing them or would the divisor be lowered to a 9 game schedule?
Old 07-13-18, 06:58 AM
All American

InTheDarke is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by StateChampion2012 View Post
When are they not?
I get that point. It's not fair to the rest of the schools that they play to have to wait and see. It's virtually impossible to pick up an open date this late as it is.
Old 07-13-18, 07:01 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheDarke View Post
I get that point. It's not fair to the rest of the schools that they play to have to wait and see. It's virtually impossible to pick up an open date this late as it is.
It might benefit CCC teams to leave that week open. You aren't going to get many secondary points from Mississinawa as it is so lower the divisor to a 9 game schedule, rest up, and study for the next opponent.
Old 07-14-18, 05:01 PM
Junior Varsity

Rocket Man is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadyKnightsFan View Post
Fort Loramie's roster was really young last year when they went 8-3. I expect them and Miami East to be the top two teams in the conference.

If Mississinawa doesn't field a team would that count as a W for the 10 teams playing them or would the divisor be lowered to a 9 game schedule?
The divisor will change and their opponents get a week off.
Old 07-21-18, 06:30 PM
Varsity

joe51391 is on a distinguished road
Looks as if MV and Bradford are in danger of not having teams this year. That might cause a scheduling problem for the rest of the conference. I for one am very tired of both those schools and wish they would boot them out once and for all. Then they can add Dixie and Preble Shawnee.
Old 07-21-18, 07:55 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe51391 View Post
Looks as if MV and Bradford are in danger of not having teams this year. That might cause a scheduling problem for the rest of the conference. I for one am very tired of both those schools and wish they would boot them out once and for all. Then they can add Dixie and Preble Shawnee.
Seems sensible to me. Have MV or Bradford ever talked about consolidating into other districts?
Old 07-22-18, 08:44 AM
All World

D4fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Seems sensible to me. Have MV or Bradford ever talked about consolidating into other districts?
Ten years ago or so, Newton, Covington and Bradford discussed a merger becoming potentially a Miami West school district. It was about a year later that Bradford passed a school levy to build their new school, community pride appropriately increased and as a result no further talks have continued to my knowledege.
Old 07-22-18, 02:30 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4fan View Post
Ten years ago or so, Newton, Covington and Bradford discussed a merger becoming potentially a Miami West school district. It was about a year later that Bradford passed a school levy to build their new school, community pride appropriately increased and as a result no further talks have continued to my knowledege.
That would've been interesting
Old 07-23-18, 07:32 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe51391 View Post
We’re a month away from the start of the season. When will the conference know how many teams are fielding this year?
Old 07-23-18, 03:36 PM
All Region

Baseballfan20 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
That would've been interesting
This should of been done throughout this whole conference.
Plenty of schools that could of combined and saved a lot of money in the long run if small town pride wasn't in the mix.

Boys enrollment for combined schools
Miami West (as stated) - 254 boys
Arcanum & FM - 236
North & South - 233
Miami East - 175
Miss Valley & Ansonia - 173
Bethel - 150
Trail - 142

Tri-Village would really need to go with the Arcanum/FM district as it is in Darke county but that would bring them up to a total of 324 boys, would actually end up being the biggest district by a long shot. I guess it wouldn't be any different then the spread now of East at 175 and Bradford at 72.
Old 07-23-18, 04:21 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseballfan20 View Post
This should of been done throughout this whole conference.
Plenty of schools that could of combined and saved a lot of money in the long run if small town pride wasn't in the mix.

Boys enrollment for combined schools
Miami West (as stated) - 254 boys
Arcanum & FM - 236
North & South - 233
Miami East - 175
Miss Valley & Ansonia - 173
Bethel - 150
Trail - 142

Tri-Village would really need to go with the Arcanum/FM district as it is in Darke county but that would bring them up to a total of 324 boys, would actually end up being the biggest district by a long shot. I guess it wouldn't be any different then the spread now of East at 175 and Bradford at 72.
Good ideas. Mississinawa Valley and Ansonia definitely needs to happen and Bradford into Covington at the very least. I like that Miami West idea. A North and South combination probably would make a pretty decent football team.
Old 07-23-18, 04:33 PM
All Ohio

yakyak is on a distinguished road
Troy Christian keeps trying to get in. If there football team can stay solid with numbers the next 2 - 4 years could that help? I heard the middle school team last was very solid, which should mean at least some stability.
Old 07-23-18, 04:36 PM
All American

TC I think would be a good fit in the CCC should Bradford or Mississinawa get kicked out
Old 07-23-18, 07:30 PM
All Yappi

winbypin will become famous soon enough
Could TC just join for football? Isn't that FL's status? They "filled in" for a couple years when Bradford didn't have a team. Someone on here said there is an anti-private school sentiment the last time this was brought up.

Of course TC already plays a lot of the schools in other sports so I don't really see the big issue. In almost every sport if TC moved it would be a push to an upgrade. Except men's soccer.

Makes too much sense based on geography and school size. Therefore...won't happen.
Old 07-23-18, 10:19 PM
Varsity

snake86 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
TC I think would be a good fit in the CCC should Bradford or Mississinawa get kicked out
would you rather have Lehman or Troy Christian?
Old 07-24-18, 06:26 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake86 View Post
We're a month away from the start of the season and no one knows how many teams the CCC is going to field this season. Why in the world would Sidney Lehman want to join the CCC? There was talk 10-15 years ago about them joining the MAC. No way they have interest in the CCC.
Old 07-24-18, 09:35 AM
All District

Quote:
We're a month away from the start of the season and no one knows how many teams the CCC is going to field this season. Why in the world would Sidney Lehman want to join the CCC? There was talk 10-15 years ago about them joining the MAC. No way they have interest in the CCC.
That's pretty much what I was thinking. I would be open to adding either team to the CCC if they were interested, but I can't imagine Sidney Lehman being very interested. TC makes more sense to me and could fit in based on size/location with the league and add some competition.
Old 07-24-18, 10:39 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Why wouldn't Lehman be interested in the CCC? Outside of the fact they are already part of a league I mean?
Old 07-24-18, 11:28 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by winbypin View Post
Why wouldn't Lehman be interested in the CCC? Outside of the fact they are already part of a league I mean?
What does the conference offer in terms of playoff level competition? Correct me if I am wrong (I'm still new to the CCC teams) but the conference went 0-3 in the first round of the playoffs this year. The year prior to that the conference only got two teams into the playoffs and went 1-2 (before Covington got annihilated by a MAC school). There is also the fact that Sidney Lehman had their sights set on the MAC back in the early 2000's when Anna joined. Everybody knows there is no better small school conference in the state besides the MAC. Settling for a conference that plays less competitive ball wouldn't make sense. Couple those two reasons with the thinking that Fort Loramie would also jump at the chance to join the MAC and you have a conference that doesn't offer stability (Is Bradford or Mississinawa even fielding a team?) or competition (1-5 in the playoffs the last two years).
Old 07-24-18, 11:45 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
What does the conference offer in terms of playoff level competition? Correct me if I am wrong (I'm still new to the CCC teams) but the conference went 0-3 in the first round of the playoffs this year. The year prior to that the conference only got two teams into the playoffs and went 1-2 (before Covington got annihilated by a MAC school). There is also the fact that Sidney Lehman had their sights set on the MAC back in the early 2000's when Anna joined. Everybody knows there is no better small school conference in the state besides the MAC. Settling for a conference that plays less competitive ball wouldn't make sense. Couple those two reasons with the thinking that Fort Loramie would also jump at the chance to join the MAC and you have a conference that doesn't offer stability (Is Bradford or Mississinawa even fielding a team?) or competition (1-5 in the playoffs the last two years).
Lehman seems small for the MAC in my opinion. And joining the MAC just might keep them out of the playoffs to be honest. Based on recent results Lehman might lose 5 games a year if they were in the MAC? No doubt, the MAC is where it is at for small school football but I don't think its a fit for Lehman. IF they wanted to change leagues, I think the CCC would be a better fit for them than the MAC. They would be at the forefront in football each season and likely make the playoffs each season. Kind of like they do now.

Thinking it through, for Lehman, they are probably in the best league for them right now. Similar competition to CCC in football and other sports and being in Sidney, travel up to Lima area is probably better than travel out to the CCC schools towards Indiana.

But that aside, I personally see them closer to other CCC schools than MAC schools.
Old 07-24-18, 03:35 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake86 View Post
From an outsiders perspective, I think Troy Christian fits better in the CCC because they are in Miami County and there are 4 other CCC members in Miami County.

Lehman is in a league that they don't belong in and I doubt they'd really have much interest in any league that isn't the MAC. Lehman is kind of stuck in the league they're in