Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 08-17-18, 10:14 PM
Junior Varsity

Tigers Best is on a distinguished road
WLS14-7 over Urbana
Old 08-17-18, 10:58 PM
All District

Bluehawg is on a distinguished road
WJ 21 Zane Trace 7. Only played 1 half
Old 08-18-18, 08:35 PM
All Region

Jet19 is on a distinguished road
Have heard two different versions of NE vs KR. 28-20 varsity and 35-20 varsity. Hopefully the Jets can improve this season. Still going to be brutal in the
North improvement or not.
Old 08-20-18, 09:15 AM
All Region

wls_color is on a distinguished road
Week 1 is upon us! Crazy...

Who you got this week?

NORTH:
FAIRBANKS at North Union
MECHANICSBURG at Kenton Ridge
NORTHEASTERN at Worthington Christian
TRIAD at Bradford
Philo at WEST JEFFERSON
WEST LIBERTY-SALEM at Graham

SOUTH:
CATHOLIC CENTRAL at Grove City Christian
CEDARVILLE at Mississinawa Valley
GREENEVIEW at Arcanum
GREENON at Shawnee (Springfield)
MADISON PLAINS at Westfall
Northwestern at SOUTHEASTERN
Old 08-20-18, 09:23 AM
All Region

wls_color is on a distinguished road
My picks:

- North Union eeks out a win over Fairbanks
- Mechanicsburg beats Kenton Ridge by 3 scores
- Northeastern rolls Worthington Christian
- Triad beats Bradford by 2 scores
- Philo slips past West Jefferson
- West Liberty-Salem slips past Graham

- Catholic Central blasts Grove City Christian
- Cedarville knocks off Mississinawa Valley by 1-2 scores
- Greeneview rolls past Arcanum
- Shawnee rolls Greenon
- Madison Plains slips past Westfall
- Southeastern edges Northwestern

So I have us going 9-3? We could go 11-1 I believe, the only game that I don't feel can be won is Greenon vs Shawnee.
Old 08-20-18, 10:13 AM
All Yappi

nwwarrior09 is on a distinguished road
I'll have to give this some thought.

I usually try to avoid putting much stock into scrimmages, but Northwestern lost to Miami East 14-13 in 3 quarters in their jamboree on Friday. Per a score reported on here, Miami East crushed Southeastern by 6-7 TDs in an early scrimmage.

If Mechanicsburg beats KR by multiple scores, then Mechanicsburg will crush everyone in the OHC this year. I expect KR to win 7-8 games this year. Their offense should be very good by CBC/OHC standards.

Greenon hasn't been good for a while, but they have a lot of young guys that played a lot last year. Shawnee only has four seniors this year. The QB's pretty good, but they should be breaking in a ton of younger guys. I think this will be closer than expected.

Madison-Plains at Westfall is interesting. I hear that Westfall's coach has been on administrative leave the last couple weeks, but they have a ton of seniors. MP has few returners with real varsity experience.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Old 08-21-18, 12:07 PM
All Region

Week one picks!! Finally FOOTBALL time!!!!
Northeastern over Worthington Christian
Northwestern over Southeastern
Kenton Ridge over Mechanicsburg
Greeneview over Arcanum
Fairbanks over North Union
Madison Plains over Westfall
Catholic Central over Grove City Christian
Philo over West Jefferson
Shawnee over Greenon
Cedarville over Mississinawa Vally
West Liberty over Graham
Triad over Bradford
Old 08-21-18, 07:19 PM
Junior Varsity

Tigers Best is on a distinguished road
NE
NW
Burg
GV
FB
MP
SCC
Philo
SS
CV
WLS
Triad
Old 08-22-18, 08:14 AM
Varsity

oleballcoach45 is on a distinguished road
Well once again I get on here and see more of the same! NE getting way to much credit! Watched that debacle at Evans stadium last week! Trick plays scored the touchdowns. word throughout the stands was that the BEST QB on the roster is playing halfback. It was evident the QB they have playing there was a run first threat even on passing downs! No arm, however is athletic and has some speed. The more troubling stat was that this kid that is playing QB is locked into the Friends and Family network and that is why he was there! I tell it was not the same watching NE and not seeing Ole Hat Thrower! However I did see him in the stands looking like it was the summer of 1987 and wearing a Mr.T starter kit was cool! I should not be so harsh on him, he was not the reason for the demise of the NE Football program. The demise was the coach before and his lack of ability to change and run a offense to fit his athletes. Coach Hat Thrower just ran the program like a pee wee program. Same staff, same problems for NE no depth and no size! 34 players in the OHC North is not a problem a team rebuilding from the ground up wants or needs to have! I do not see them getting the win on Friday night. WC over the Jets by 3 TD's.
Old 08-22-18, 09:42 AM
All Yappi

I seem to recall NE's best QB playing the majority of the snaps at WR last year.

I'm not sure if it's the same kids or not, but last year it was very, very evident that kids were out of position.

Old 08-22-18, 06:01 PM
All Region

The kid that should have been QB last season was a senior. Played QB at the varsity level since he was a freshman. Don't know much about this year's team. Northeastern needs to clean house and a complete culture change. Coach Rolf kept all Wasserman's assistants for the most part. Other than the best one who went on to coach defense at Tecumseh for a few seasons. It's also the area. I grew up in a farm around there. When I moved home after the military there was a lot of new faces. They kinda replaced the old friends and family network with an even worse friends and family network. When I played they had a QB battle between the QB coaches grandson and the JH coaches son. I played QB all thru pee wee up until JH. Learned of the friends and family network first-hand. It's sad to see that Jets coaches still have their depth chart filled out before practice number one..... They don't know how to win on or off the field.
Old 08-23-18, 06:17 AM
Freshman

da-plane_da-plane is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by oleballcoach45 View Post
I did see him in the stands looking like it was the summer of 1987 and wearing a Mr.T starter kit. WC over the Jets by 3 TD's.
Ha ha ha, I pity da fool! I pick WC to win by 20. I could be wrong, but I know WC will be very well coached and disciplined.
Old 08-23-18, 08:25 AM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet19 View Post
The kid that should have been QB last season was a senior. Played QB at the varsity level since he was a freshman. Don't know much about this year's team. Northeastern needs to clean house and a complete culture change. Coach Rolf kept all Wasserman's assistants for the most part. Other than the best one who went on to coach defense at Tecumseh for a few seasons. It's also the area. I grew up in a farm around there. When I moved home after the military there was a lot of new faces. They kinda replaced the old friends and family network with an even worse friends and family network. When I played they had a QB battle between the QB coaches grandson and the JH coaches son. I played QB all thru pee wee up until JH. Learned of the friends and family network first-hand. It's sad to see that Jets coaches still have their depth chart filled out before practice number one..... They don't know how to win on or off the field.
Jet19... Come on now my friend. That QB battle was of the two best option after the season of 2000 in which the Jets made the playoffs. JH Coach that you spoke of did a whole lot of winning at SV to be someone that believed in the Friends and Family network... The other QB you spoke of that was the Grandson of the QB coach was if my memory serves me correct was part of teams that were Back to Back OHC Champs,(Last time NE was OHC Champs) Back to Back Playoffs(Last time NE appeared in Post Season) and I do not think that class lost to KR not to mention the guy either played LB or even DE. So was there other viable QB's in the system at that time? By my memory of the time frame there wasn't. Not to play down your Pee Wee Joe Montana Days but your connection of the Friends and Family back then to now I just do not see that being the same! It is very sad to NE and the utter collapse that is going on in that school. The football program does need cleaned out it did when the previous coach was there and it did when CHT started his short lived career and now with the new coach it also needs to be cleaned up. I mean he took two OCs from Central... Not when Central was winning but when they were bad! It would be nice if NE could return to being competitive it would make the OHC North that much stronger! I see the Jets being competitive in most games for the first half but struggling to make it to winning time with a chance for a W. With Juggernaut WJ, Strong WLS and Steady Burg as three games that will be definite demoralizing losses for the Jets. Going to be a long season for the Jets however word is that the Middle school and pee wee programs are increasing the talent and numbers so hopefully these kids coming up will see the importance of the weight room and the off season work outs!
Old 08-23-18, 08:32 AM
All District

WJ-OSU-STEELERS is on a distinguished road
My picks:

West Jefferson over Philo
Fairbanks over North Union
Worthington Christian over Northeastern
Triad over Bradford
West Liberty-Salem over Graham
Mechanicsburg over Kenton Ridge

Greeneview over Arcanum
Shawnee over Greenon
Springfield CC over Grove City Christian
Madison Plains over Westfall
Northwestern over South Charleston SE
Cedarville over Miss Valley
Old 08-23-18, 12:02 PM
All District

Cville-OMW is on a distinguished road
Excited to get another HS football season underway!!! Hopefully the OHC brethren can get off to a good start with some key non-league wins.

Fbanks over NU - Fbanks confidence building from last year and enough to get win over NU even on the road
Burg over KR - not youngsters anymore, experience and winning culture will get another road win for OHC
NE over WC - despite argument over QB, NE should travel to and pick up another road win
Triad over Bradford - don't know much about this one, pulling for the OHC
WJ over Philo - both teams reloading, who shores up the trenches quickest wins this one, will take Coach B and Riders at home
WLS over Graham - West Lib always solid and need road win to start season off right
CC over GCC - CC had some athletes last year but lacked numbers, still should pick up another road win for OHC as CC has been struggling for last few years
MV over Cville - gotta give another home team the slight edge here
Gview over Arcanum - Gview picking up where they left off last few years
Shawnee over Greenon - the struggles continue
MP over Wfall - now I did not pick MP much last year based on their yo yo history, but given the Madison county brethren some love early in the season
NW over SE - ending on good note for OHC and another road win
Old 08-23-18, 12:39 PM
All Region

Quote:
Jet19... Come on now my friend. That QB battle was of the two best option after the season of 2000 in which the Jets made the playoffs. JH Coach that you spoke of did a whole lot of winning at SV to be someone that believed in the Friends and Family network... The other QB you spoke of that was the Grandson of the QB coach was if my memory serves me correct was part of teams that were Back to Back OHC Champs,(Last time NE was OHC Champs) Back to Back Playoffs(Last time NE appeared in Post Season) and I do not think that class lost to KR not to mention the guy either played LB or even DE. So was there other viable QB's in the system at that time? By my memory of the time frame there wasn't. Not to play down your Pee Wee Joe Montana Days but your connection of the Friends and Family back then to now I just do not see that being the same! It is very sad to NE and the utter collapse that is going on in that school. The football program does need cleaned out it did when the previous coach was there and it did when CHT started his short lived career and now with the new coach it also needs to be cleaned up. I mean he took two OCs from Central... Not when Central was winning but when they were bad! It would be nice if NE could return to being competitive it would make the OHC North that much stronger! I see the Jets being competitive in most games for the first half but struggling to make it to winning time with a chance for a W. With Juggernaut WJ, Strong WLS and Steady Burg as three games that will be definite demoralizing losses for the Jets. Going to be a long season for the Jets however word is that the Middle school and pee wee programs are increasing the talent and numbers so hopefully these kids coming up will see the importance of the weight room and the off season work outs!
Was simply stating things from my perspective. As far as you speaking like you know everything about something that happened 15 years ago, if you'd do a little bit more research you'd know that team had a monster at FB and two great linebackers. Boo boo the fool could have played QB and went 7-3 on those teams. Lol. He had throwing power, but no accuracy. Think he played offensive tackle in college??? Funny thing is I think both of those QBs played on multiple 0-10 college teams at Wilmington. And neither played QB???
Old 08-23-18, 12:46 PM
All Region

Those teams should have easily been 9-1. Urbana was the only team better. Southeastern in 02 and Triad in 03 were the only real wins. When the FB couldn't move the ball ya go 7-3 instead. Looks like NE is in shambles..... like two 6-4 seasons in 15 years.... That was unheard of when I was growing up.
Old 08-23-18, 01:36 PM
All Region

[QUOTE=da-plane_da-plane;7090059]Ha ha ha, I pity da fool! I pick WC to win by 20. I could be wrong, but I know WC will be very well coached and disciplined.[/QUOTE Former blocker for Barry Sanders I believe?? Must've ran out of money because nobody remembered any of Barry's blockers. Lol. If only he would've had Emmett's OL???
Old 08-23-18, 01:46 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet19 View Post
Was simply stating things from my perspective. As far as you speaking like you know everything about something that happened 15 years ago, if you'd do a little bit more research you'd know that team had a monster at FB and two great linebackers. Boo boo the fool could have played QB and went 7-3 on those teams. Lol. He had throwing power, but no accuracy. Think he played offensive tackle in college??? Funny thing is I think both of those QBs played on multiple 0-10 college teams at Wilmington. And neither played QB???
hahahahaha, But they played college football D3 or not. And you my friend are the NE historian, I am a mere outsider with a tinge better memory than you (hahaha) but we all remember things differently especially when it should have been you under center playing the part of BOO BOO The Fool. Didn't mean to strike a cord on your Joe Montana Days, you probably have the same story as Uncle Rico. Have a spectacular day! Really like debating with you. Thank you for your service it is people like you that give us the opportunity to debate past and present football games and teams and athletes. I mean that with all sincerity.
Old 08-23-18, 03:16 PM
All Region

Quote:
hahahahaha, But they played college football D3 or not. And you my friend are the NE historian, I am a mere outsider with a tinge better memory than you (hahaha) but we all remember things differently especially when it should have been you under center playing the part of BOO BOO The Fool. Didn't mean to strike a cord on your Joe Montana Days, you probably have the same story as Uncle Rico. Have a spectacular day! Really like debating with you. Thank you for your service it is people like you that give us the opportunity to debate past and present football games and teams and athletes. I mean that with all sincerity.
Hahaha I think you twisted who acts like Uncle Rico around. Most of the guys wore their letterman jackets around for years until they were too fat to fit in them. Lol. I'm more of a John Moxon if you're making Hollywood comparisons. Played backup to the coaches favs and had ivy league offers. But I appreciate your opinions!!
Old 08-23-18, 03:19 PM
All Region

And get real. I know teenage girl scout troops who could beat Wilmington. Especially when the mediocre wonderfuls from NE we're there. Some people are content with losing tho I guess.
Old 08-23-18, 03:23 PM
All Region

Always fancied them more as the Al Bundy type rather than uncle Rico tho! Lol. Any Payless shoe stores in Wilmington?? Lol
Old 08-23-18, 03:42 PM
All District

WJfan4life is on a distinguished road
lets do this Riders !!!!!!!
Old 08-23-18, 03:49 PM
All District

WJfan4life is on a distinguished road
West Jefferson game on the radio 105.1 Readyfm
Old 08-23-18, 07:10 PM
Freshman

da-plane_da-plane is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=Jet19;7090455]
Quote:
Originally Posted by da-plane_da-plane View Post
Ha ha ha, I pity da fool! I pick WC to win by 20. I could be wrong, but I know WC will be very well coached and disciplined.[/QUOTE Former blocker for Barry Sanders I believe?? Must've ran out of money because nobody remembered any of Barry's blockers. Lol. If only he would've had Emmett's OL???
Yeah. I'm sure he needs the money...that's why everyone coaches high school football at a small school. St. Henry grad, All-American at Penn State, Detroit Lions (guard I believe), then Center for the Steelers. Pro-bowl, superbowl. Hope he knows what he's doing.
Old 08-24-18, 04:48 PM
All District

Old 08-24-18, 07:29 PM
All District

Halftime here in WJ. WJ down 9-7
Old 08-24-18, 07:30 PM
All Yappi

A few interesting scores at the half this evening.

Old 08-24-18, 08:58 PM
All District

WJ-OSU-STEELERS is on a distinguished road
WJ 21-16 final
Old 08-24-18, 10:11 PM
All Yappi

Week 1 can have some oddities, but I'm thinking that there's a very real possibility of Greenon being the second best team in the South. Greeneview continues to be light years ahead of everyone else.