Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 09-10-18, 09:45 AM
All Yappi

brian1227 is on a distinguished road
Dont even mention stow. North loyalton lmao.
Old 09-10-18, 09:54 AM
All Yappi

cjb56 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian1227 View Post
Dont even mention stow. North loyalton lmao.
I like the Bears over Stow enough to where I didn't include it in the big games. Stow will push NR hard, but I like the Bears without question.
Old 09-10-18, 08:45 PM
All Region

raising4daughters is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjb56 View Post
I like the Bears over Stow enough to where I didn't include it in the big games. Stow will push NR hard, but I like the Bears without question.
Interesting. I haven't seen Stow this year but see they've played a much tougher schedule than NR.

If NR loses this one, they could end up at 5-5. If they win, maybe 7-3 or even 8-2 is in store. This will be a telling game.
Old 09-10-18, 11:24 PM
All Ohio

stoike is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Guess we will know on Friday night.
Old 09-11-18, 09:07 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoike View Post
Guess we will know on Friday night.
Ohhh, I don't think it will be easy. Stow is too good to have it be any other way than North Royalton earning the win. I just think NR's passing game will give them that extra edge. As you said, we will know Friday.
Old 09-17-18, 11:19 AM
All Ohio

Roscoe is on a distinguished road
Its crickets in this thread. Has everyone conceded this region to Central Catholic?
Old 09-17-18, 12:44 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe View Post
Its crickets in this thread. Has everyone conceded this region to Central Catholic?
I havenít had time to do the update, but there has definitely been a lack of traffic in here this season.
Old 09-17-18, 04:34 PM
All Ohio

I’ll bite. Could this region be split this year, half NW and half NE Ohio? Looking at some of the schedules in the east I see a few 0-4 teams. Harbins could catch up with them.
Old 09-17-18, 05:57 PM
All Region

throwback is on a distinguished road
TCC is obviously the front runner. Avon Lake is a dark horse. They are a solid well rounded team with a good kicker. The big difference with Avon Lake this year is that they are not your fathers AL team. They have a big time QB with some rather large and elusive receivers. Avon found that out when then tried to stop them in the final 2 minutes of the game. Long gone are the days of the Dlugosz era where they just ran the ball behind a big line. Most opposing teams in those days would pack the box and eventually stop them. I hope everyone keep underestimating the Shoremen.
Old 09-17-18, 07:33 PM
All Yappi

eastisbest will become famous soon enougheastisbest will become famous soon enough
Been to a couple AL games and they're fun, even when my team was getting its butt kicked. They still have the big Shoreman? And a band the size of Texas? Hoping one of our Toledo area teams meets them.
Old 09-17-18, 07:47 PM
All Yappi

FirestoneFan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to FirestoneFan
Toledo CC
Avon Lake
Avon
Anthony Wayne
Steele
St Francis De Sales
Olmsted Falls
Springfield
Ross
N Royalton
also St John's Jesuit, N Olmsted, Waite, Valley Forge, N Ridgeville, Northview, Lima Senior
Old 09-18-18, 08:00 AM
All Region

throwback is on a distinguished road
Eastisbest, they still have the big Shoreman. Sadly, the band has changed from a marching show band to a competition band. The band is half the size that it once was. The uniforms can be charitably described as the marching busboy look.

The team however has transitioned to a modern offense with a balanced attack. No more three yards and a cloud of field turf pebbles.
Old 09-18-18, 08:36 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by throwback View Post
Eastisbest, they still have the big Shoreman. Sadly, the band has changed from a marching show band to a competition band. The band is half the size that it once was. The uniforms can be charitably described as the marching busboy look.

The team however has transitioned to a modern offense with a balanced attack. No more three yards and a cloud of field turf pebbles.
This is not the first time AL has ever been a strong passing team. They had a good passing attack when Ronnie Willoughby was at WR, and they ran a spread when Larry Laird was head coach.
Old 09-18-18, 10:25 AM
All Yappi

eastisbest will become famous soon enougheastisbest will become famous soon enough
Our TRAC and NLL teams will have good experience against college capable QBs. It will be the line work that will determine the game.

Sad to hear about that AL Band (I know, we're not supposed to talk about bands, don't care). They were fun. I'd still look forward to seeing a game there again though.
Old 09-18-18, 11:42 AM
All Region

E.S. Furgeson is on a distinguished road
Quote:
This is not the first time AL has ever been a strong passing team. They had a good passing attack when Ronnie Willoughby was at WR, and they ran a spread when Larry Laird was head coach.
Wasn't that your father's Avon Lake that hoisted the state title trophy in 2003?
Old 09-18-18, 11:56 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.S. Furgeson View Post
Wasn't that your father's Avon Lake that hoisted the state title trophy in 2003?
That was an exceptionally talented team, with D1 players at both WR positions (Stross and Means) and even the back up TB (Doyle). They could beat teams any way required, though the preference was to pound teams with the run (Schroeder and a big line).
Old 09-18-18, 12:36 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Week 3 provided a shake up in the region, as Avon Lake took down Avon and Sandusky pretty much put the nail in Ross' coffin. TCC recorded an impressive win and is the heavy favorite in the region, as I believe they are on another level from everyone else.There are a few 2-1 teams in the region I didn't include in this week's picks because I don't believe they are true contenders for a playoff spot yet (Northview, Valley Forge, Normandy, St. Francis). Other 2-1 and 3-0 teams have easily winnable games this week, so I picked the few games of impact in Week 4.

Winners in bold.

Waite (3-0) at Lima CC (3-0 D6) -- The Indians will lose this game, but it might wind up being their only loss of the season.

North Olmsted (2-1) at Avon (2-1) -- Avon was blindsided by the loss of their star RB before facing Avon Lake. They will have time to adjust before facing North Olmsted and will get back on track in the battle of the Eagles.

Bowling Green (2-1 D3) at Springfield (2-1) -- This NLL early test could go either way, but I like Springfield at home and with the big play potential.

Whitmer (2-1 D1) at St John's Jesuit (2-1) -- I really don't have SJJ as a top eight threat, but this is a big intra-Toledo TRAC game so it merits inclusion in what is a pretty easy week for the true contenders in R6. I like the Panthers to roll.
Other than the close game between Toledo SJJ and Whitmer, last week went as expected...though I did think North Royalton would sneak by Stow. They didn't.

Winners in bold.

Valley Forge (3-1) at Elyria Catholic (3-1 D5) -- This could be a close game, but I think EC gets the home win and pretty much ends the playoff hopes of the Patriots.

Berea-Midpark (3-1 D1) at Amherst (4-0) -- This is a very tough game to pick. The Comets are playing with great confidence and are rounding into a complete team. Just a gut feeling, but I think B-M's offense will prove too much too handle for the Comets D.

Springfield (3-1) at Northview (3-1) -- I'm not a believer in Northview as a playoff team, and I see the Blue Devils exposing them.

Detroit (MI) Leadership Academy (2-2 D7) at Waite (3-1) -- This is a must-win for the Indians, and a win could set them up for a later game with Scott that could sneak them into the playoffs at 9-1. Should be close, but I'll take Waite at home to keep the dream alive.

Findlay (1-3 D1) at St Francis (3-1) -- I see TSF's playoff hopes taking a hit, as Findlay gets a much needed win after a couple close losses.

St John's Jesuit (2-2) at Fremont Ross (2-2) -- This is likely an elimination game, though not for certain. The winner is certainly in much better shape than the loser, though. SJJ played Whitmer very tough, so this is a toss-up, but I'm going with Ross and the better overall resume.
Old 09-18-18, 01:17 PM
All Region

CCHS93 is on a distinguished road
I'm pleasantly surprised by Toledo St. Francis. To be sure their wins are against some weaker teams, but they are winning and winning big. I can see them going 7-3 with losses to TCC and Whitmer.

I used to coach their linebacker way back when he was in 2nd grade in basketball. Even then he was a workout freak. He would do pushups on his knuckles. He didnt start playing football until his freshman year. He is a beast out there.

Even though I am a TCC guy, I wish St. Francis the best after a long several years of subpar results.
Old 09-18-18, 08:18 PM
All American

FremontKeith is on a distinguished road
Friday's Ross-St. Johns game will be the 16th all-time between the two programs in a series that began in 1978. Ross leads the series 9-6. Friday should be a wild one between the two, but I believe in the Little Giants.
Old 09-18-18, 09:23 PM
All Yappi

I watched Mogadore ( albeit a very good D6 team) take apart Elyria Catholic last week. Game might be close but I would pick Valley Forge.
Old 09-22-18, 10:34 AM
All World

Maple_City_Fan is on a distinguished road
Well officially, the pressure is off for Ross. Try to play for pride. Actually, I wouldn't hold it against the coaching staff if they started to play for the future, and go more with underclassmen.
Old 09-22-18, 10:37 AM
All Ohio

You’re on crack
Old 09-22-18, 11:12 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Detroit (MI) Leadership Academy (2-2 D7) at Waite (3-1) -- This is a must-win for the Indians, and a win could set them up for a later game with Scott that could sneak them into the playoffs at 9-1. Should be close, but I'll take Waite at home to keep the dream alive.
I still think Start is the team to beat. Waite, Scott are competitive with the bottom of the NLL. Northview was a well played game for Waite but penaltywise, they've regressed every game, even while other execution is getting better. Start, transitively speaking, could at least give Anthony Wayne a game. Start has played the much tougher OOC, hence the 1-4 record. Good games played againt Clyde, Columbian and Bellview.

The refs in the Detroit game didn't put up with things. One drive, Waite had 3 facemask penalties and someone finally told the coach to stay off the field. It was well handled. Flag picked up. Coach responded great. Didn't see him on the field once after that. One of the smarter Waite teams I've seen and they will hit you but they just do not have any size. I've never seen a team so small. Small in the backfield and small on the line. QB keeps getting better. Downfield passing still a little but of a guessing game but they're getting closer to synching up.

Waite will need many fewer penalties and be able to get quick hits with the passing game (and hopefully the starting RB back) in order to beat Start next week.
Old 09-22-18, 11:18 AM
All World

Maple_City_Fan is on a distinguished road
Bellevue and Clyde are down this year as well
Old 09-22-18, 12:51 PM
All American

FremontKeith is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe View Post
Youíre on crack
Old 09-23-18, 02:36 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Other than the close game between Toledo SJJ and Whitmer, last week went as expected...though I did think North Royalton would sneak by Stow. They didn't.

Winners in bold.

Valley Forge (3-1) at Elyria Catholic (3-1 D5) -- This could be a close game, but I think EC gets the home win and pretty much ends the playoff hopes of the Patriots.

Berea-Midpark (3-1 D1) at Amherst (4-0) -- This is a very tough game to pick. The Comets are playing with great confidence and are rounding into a complete team. Just a gut feeling, but I think B-M's offense will prove too much too handle for the Comets D.

Springfield (3-1) at Northview (3-1) -- I'm not a believer in Northview as a playoff team, and I see the Blue Devils exposing them.

Findlay (1-3 D1) at St Francis (3-1) -- I see TSF's playoff hopes taking a hit, as Findlay gets a much needed win after a couple close losses.

St John's Jesuit (2-2) at Fremont Ross (2-2) -- This is likely an elimination game, though not for certain. The winner is certainly in much better shape than the loser, though. SJJ played Whitmer very tough, so this is a toss-up, but I'm going with Ross and the better overall resume.
Well, the first two games on my list last week went opposite of the way I picked. Not surprised by Amherst winning, as that game was a true toss up. A little surprised Valley Forge handled EC's passing attack as well as they did. Kudos to Firestone Fan for his views on that game.

Week 6 has some big battles!

Winners in bold.

Toledo CC (5-0) at Whitmer (4-1 D1) -- The Panthers are very good, but I don't see any team beating the Irish until very deep into the playoffs.

Amherst (5-0) at Olmsted Falls (4-1) -- The Comets have become an offensive juggernaut with a powerful running game and a good enough passing attack. That's too much for the Bulldogs, though this should be a close game.

Garfield Hts (5-0 D2) at Valley Forge (4-1) -- I don't think either team is as good as their record, but I like the Bulldogs better than the Patriots.

St Francis DeSales (3-2) at St John's Jesuit (3-2) -- The loser is in a precarious playoff position, while the winner keeps hope alive. I like the Titans in this Catholic battle of Toledo.

Toledo Start (1-4 D1) at Toledo Waite (4-1) -- I agree with Eastisbest. Start has faced a much tougher schedule and should win...but they won't. The Indians dream season continues.
Old 09-23-18, 02:54 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Toledo Start (1-4 D1) at Toledo Waite (4-1) -- I agree with Eastisbest. Start has faced a much tougher schedule and should win...but they won't. The Indians dream season continues.
Hope so. Always nice to have a smile on the walk home.

We've had a terrific home schedule. Rival, most in contention and the final game. Big game for Coach, he went to Start. But now that league has started, I do hope they have found a way to avoid problems, with everyone sitting on the same side and taking the same tunnel to concessions. Even the Detroit game got a bit rowdy under the stands. I think they need to find a temporary way to hold concessions in the other endzone, for the Waite fans. One problem and Waite loses a chance at the championship like they did a couple years ago.
Old 09-23-18, 02:59 PM
All Yappi

Toledo CC
Anthony Wayne
Avon Lake
Avon
Steele
Olmsted Falls
Springfield
DeSales
St John's Jesuit
Ross
Old 09-27-18, 09:46 PM
All Ohio

Waite and Valley Forge both lose tonight expect to see a shakeup next week. The winner of St. Johns and St. Francis should slide into top 8.
Old 09-27-18, 09:47 PM
All Ohio

Got my money on St. Francis btw