Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
View Poll Results: Who wins the conference?
Bethel 1 3.45%
Covington 3 10.34%
Fort Loramie 14 48.28%
Miami East 7 24.14%
Other 4 13.79%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-18-18, 07:55 AM
Varsity

joe51391 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoBig View Post
Well another week of the CCC and it is what we all thought it was from August.

Three Tiers:
Fort Loramie- watch out CCC i heard FL is loaded all the way down to their JH programs. I heard they are the only CCC school playing a 7th and 8th grade schedules. That is valuable for the future.

2. Miami East

3. Covington/Ansonia?????

EVERYONE ELSE

FL was very solid and sound on Friday. Miami East really struggled all night long, and you could tell Fort Loramie had superior athletes and speed at every position.

With the win FL will finish 9-1 and it was a huge win as they should finish #1 in their region and avoid Minster and Crestview. If that happens they should have a great shot at making it to week 13.

Miami East will finish 9-1 as well, tough loss, i think the CCC originals were pulling for the Vikings, no one likes to see the new kids on the block have success.

Covington will finish 6-4, I don't see them beating Miami East

We will find more out about Ansonia friday nigth as they go to FL. My bet is the Tigers get beat by 20+, but we will see.

one final question, how bad is the bottom half of the CCC? As much as I want to see CCC teams succeed in the playoffs, how is it possible when the final 6 games of the schedule for the Redskins will be running clock and 40+ point victories. ME has the same problem outside of Covington. Its hard to win so many games by 40+ and turn it on for the playoffs again, i would say its almost impossible.
TCN beat Ansonia and Covington beat TCN. How is Ansonia on the same level with Covington?
Old 09-18-18, 11:01 AM
Freshman

LetsGoBig is on a distinguished road
I had Question Marks next to it, but your right, i missed the TCN game....we will still see how good the Tigers are Friday night.
Old 09-18-18, 11:42 AM
All Yappi

BlessEmAll is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BlessEmAll
CCC is top heavy. No Jr High football at Covington or Miami East? Hard to believe.
I'm seeing that the CCC could hurt FL in the future if no CCC schools are developing players in JH.
JH football is very important.
Old 09-18-18, 11:49 AM
All Region

ReadyKnightsFan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessEmAll View Post
CCC is top heavy. No Jr High football at Covington or Miami East? Hard to believe.
I'm seeing that the CCC could hurt FL in the future if no CCC schools are developing players in JH.
I would say within the next 10 years or so, Fort Loramie won't have to worry as they won't be in the conference any longer.
Old 09-18-18, 12:16 PM
All District

Down The Road is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadyKnightsFan View Post
I would say within the next 10 years or so, Fort Loramie won't have to worry as they won't be in the conference any longer.
Will there be enough SCAL schools with football by then to support a schedule?
Old 09-18-18, 12:41 PM
Varsity

coldelis74 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Both Miami east and Covington have Pee wee football all the way up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-18-18, 01:16 PM
All World

D4fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I read the earlier comment differently than you did. I think he intended to say that Ft Loramie was the only school playing a distinct 7th grade and distinct 8th grade schedule. I infer from what he posted the other scholls have a combined 7th and 8th grade team.

Not many years back most schools in the CCC had 7,8,9, reserve, and varsity teams.

Now, I know some have just two of the five remaining, middle school and varsity.
Old 09-18-18, 10:02 PM
All Yappi

Most SWBL schools aren't playing. Freshman schedule which I think is wrong. Milton had a combined junior high team a few years back.
We are setting the result this year with a weaker team

FL , football is still fairly new.
Old 09-19-18, 08:37 AM
All District

BucksFan937 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Most SWBL schools aren't playing. Freshman schedule which I think is wrong. Milton had a combined junior high team a few years back.
We are setting the result this year with a weaker team

FL , football is still fairly new.
As said previously, I'm pretty sure most CCC teams have pee wee football (which I don't necessarily agree with), and from what I'm aware they all have Jr High, with pretty much all the teams being combined 7th/8th grade. I believe it's been that way for quite a while, and not something new.

This weeks games are below, with my picks to win in bold.

National Trail @ Tri Village
Bradford @ TCN
Covington @ Arcanum
Bethel @ Miami East
Ansonia @ Fort Loramie
TVS @ Mississinawa Valley

All the games seem pretty straight forward to me besides the TVS/MV game. That seems like it could be a pretty competitive game.
Old 09-19-18, 08:58 AM
All World

ex_dc_atc is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucksFan937 View Post
As said previously, I'm pretty sure most CCC teams have pee wee football (which I don't necessarily agree with), and from what I'm aware they all have Jr High, with pretty much all the teams being combined 7th/8th grade. I believe it's been that way for quite a while, and not something new.

This weeks games are below, with my picks to win in bold.

National Trail @ Tri Village
Bradford @ TCN
Covington @ Arcanum
Bethel @ Miami East
Ansonia @ Fort Loramie
TVS @ Mississinawa Valley

All the games seem pretty straight forward to me besides the TVS/MV game. That seems like it could be a pretty competitive game.
Yes, the Week 5 games look very straight forward. I can't argue with your picks at all. I would favor TVS over MV, but it could be an interesting game as well.
Old 09-19-18, 09:50 AM
All Region

Fort Loramie, Miami East, and Ansonia look good for the playoffs.

Will anyone else from this conference make it?
Old 09-19-18, 09:51 AM
Varsity

Quote:

I mean is Ansonia goes then TCN does as well.

Old 09-19-18, 09:57 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldelis74 View Post
I mean is Ansonia goes then TCN does as well.

Nope, I believe that the only teams with a chance are Miami East in D5 and Fort Loramie and Ansonia in D7. None of the D6 teams have much of a chance in Region 24. The only way is if Covington wins out and beats Miami East, or TCN wins out and beats Miami East and Fort Loramie... that would give them both a chance, but neither of those scenarios are likely.
Old 09-19-18, 09:57 AM
Varsity

Quote:
Nope, I believe that the only teams with a chance are Miami East in D5 and Fort Loramie and Ansonia in D7. None of the D6 teams have much of a chance in Region 24. The only way is if Covington wins out and beats Miami East, or TCN wins out and beats Miami East and Fort Loramie... that would give them both a chance, but neither of those scenarios are likely.

How does Ansonia go when they lost to TCN? Riverside wonít give them enough points to go with that loss.

Old 09-19-18, 10:03 AM
All District

Quote:

Actually Mississinawa Valley has a long shot chance. They are 3-1 and in D7 Region 28. I haven't seen them but judging by their scores I believe they have a shot at winning with TVS, Trail and Arcanum. If they lose to Ansonia, Fort Loramie and Bethel, and win the other games... that has them at 6-4. Drew Pasteur has them on the bubble if they get to 6-4...
Old 09-19-18, 10:06 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldelis74 View Post
How does Ansonia go when they lost to TCN? Riverside wonít give them enough points to go with that loss.

It's just they are in D7 Region 28, which isn't very strong. The loss to D6 TCN does not hurt them as bad. If you look at Ansonia's schedule, sitting at 3-1 with their last foreseeable loss being Fort Loramie this week. They likely go 8-2 and make the playoffs. Ansonia doesn't have to play Miami East or Covington this year, so that's 2 losses they can escape.
Old 09-19-18, 10:07 AM
All Region

Beating a playoff team doesn't automatically put you in the playoffs. TCN is projected to finish 10th so they could make a push but they are in a different division than Ansonia and they also still have to face Miami East and Fort Loramie whereas Ansonia misses Miami East this year. Realistically TCN will have to go 5-1 the rest of the season to have any shot at the playoffs.
Old 09-19-18, 10:07 AM
Varsity

Quote:
It's just they are in D7 Region 28, which isn't very strong. The loss to D6 TCN does not hurt them as bad. If you look at Ansonia's schedule, sitting at 3-1 with their last foreseeable loss being Fort Loramie this week. They likely go 8-2 and make the playoffs. Ansonia doesn't have to play Miami East or Covington this year, so that's 2 losses they can escape.

And you are right. My bad. I didnít know they didnít have to play the bulk of the CCC powerhouses.

Old 09-19-18, 03:27 PM
Varsity

Ansoniafan is on a distinguished road
They have a rotating schedule where the lower teams do not play the upper 2 teams in the league. This was based on the records during the 2015 and 2016 seasons when we won 2 games both years. Our out of conference games were TCN and Riverside this year. Not the best in the area but TCN and Riverside will finish with a winning record. Unlike Tri-Village and Bethel scheduling the worst teams in the state for OOC games. Then hit week 3 or 4 undefeated. Next year based on last 2 years records we go back to playing East, Covington, TCN and Ft. Loramie and probably wont play Tri Village or Bradford.
Old 09-20-18, 10:09 AM
Freshman

LetsGoBig is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by D4fan View Post
I read the earlier comment differently than you did. I think he intended to say that Ft Loramie was the only school playing a distinct 7th grade and distinct 8th grade schedule. I infer from what he posted the other scholls have a combined 7th and 8th grade team.

Not many years back most schools in the CCC had 7,8,9, reserve, and varsity teams.

Now, I know some have just two of the five remaining, middle school and varsity.
Yes this is exactly what i meant. I asked someone at the Covington/TCN game and they said that FL has an 8th grade team that is playing only CCC opponents and their 7th grade team is mostly playing MAC teams.

I know FL's 8th grade beat Ansonia 50-6 on Tuesday night I saw on twitter. Their 7th grade beat Minster on Monday night. If they are playing seperate schedules, more kids are playing. that will only help them down the road....

I could see the CCC kicking FL out if they become to good. I know some CCC schools didn't want them in to begin with.
Old 09-20-18, 10:12 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoBig View Post
Yes this is exactly what i meant. I asked someone at the Covington/TCN game and they said that FL has an 8th grade team that is playing only CCC opponents and their 7th grade team is mostly playing MAC teams.

I know FL's 8th grade beat Ansonia 50-6 on Tuesday night I saw on twitter. Their 7th grade beat Minster on Monday night. If they are playing seperate schedules, more kids are playing. that will only help them down the road....

I could see the CCC kicking FL out if they become to good. I know some CCC schools didn't want them in to begin with.
Why would CCC not want to play decent competition? If the CCC kicked them out because they were too good they would be the laughing stock of that region of the state.
Old 09-20-18, 11:23 AM
All District

Quote:
Why would CCC not want to play decent competition? If the CCC kicked them out because they were too good they would be the laughing stock of that region of the state.
I agree. I can't see the CCC kicking them out because they are too good. If anything I could see Fort Loramie wanting to leave if they get an opportunity to join a conference like the MAC.
Old 09-20-18, 12:27 PM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I agree. I can't see the CCC kicking them out because they are too good. If anything I could see Fort Loramie wanting to leave if they get an opportunity to join a conference like the MAC.
I doubt the MAC is going to look for another team.
They are dead set on the 8 conf games and to add another would mean rotating the schedule even more.

Also, it really hasn't helped Anna one bit. Ft Loramie is best to stay put, schedule Minster and another tough opponent to toughen up and then proceed from there.
Old 09-20-18, 02:18 PM
All Region

Quote:
I'd say if Loramie continues to improve as quickly as they have, within the next 5-15 years I could see them in the MAC.
Old 09-20-18, 04:02 PM
All Yappi

Could very well be. I think in 5 years there will be a whole new league lineup for the Dayton area. Schools are growing and shrinking. I see Milton looking, Ft Loramie, Miami East, Bethel, Dixie and possibly Preble Shawnee bolting their conferences.
We already know northern D2-3 teams are bolting the GWOC. Tipp left the CBC, Talk I heard is that Greenon would like a change.
Maybe the CCC invites a couple of those teams going forward.
Old 09-20-18, 04:03 PM
All American

StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
We've been over the FL to the MAC quite a few times. There's not any room for them right now. Would I want them in the league? Absolutely. The CCC should feel lucky and blessed that a program like FL wanted to be in their league and they make the CCC better.
Old 09-20-18, 04:05 PM
All American

StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Could very well be. I think in 5 years there will be a whole new league lineup for the Dayton area. Schools are growing and shrinking. I see Milton looking, Ft Loramie, Miami East, Bethel, Dixie and possibly Preble Shawnee bolting their conferences.
We already know northern D2-3 teams are bolting the GWOC. Tipp left the CBC, Talk I heard is that Greenon would like a change.
Maybe the CCC invites a couple of those teams going forward.
Dixie and Preble would fit the CCC pretty well. The worry is that if you add too many teams, would it become a scheduling nightmare?
Old 09-21-18, 06:33 AM
All District

fangwoc is on a distinguished road
East

Is East as good as predicted? How does a 145 pound QB from a bad Bethel team rush for 245 yds by himself and score 4 touchdowns? Bethel has no passing game either. I went to the game last night and watched all that and was not sure what to make of that.
Old 09-21-18, 06:50 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateChampion2012 View Post
We've been over the FL to the MAC quite a few times. There's not any room for them right now. Would I want them in the league? Absolutely. The CCC should feel lucky and blessed that a program like FL wanted to be in their league and they make the CCC better.
I agree with you for sure. Regardless of how long they remain in the CCC, they are a great addition and they really boost the level of competition for the league. I feel lucky that they wanted to join for football.
Old 09-21-18, 06:56 AM
All Ohio

dograt is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by StateChampion2012 View Post
Dixie and Preble would fit the CCC pretty well. The worry is that if you add too many teams, would it become a scheduling nightmare?
I think if the CCC adds teams, it's into a 2 division format.
Also a good way to keep teams like FL. Add Teams like Milton and Preble to a 'big school' half of the CCC and there would be pretty good competition every week. The smaller schools (or at least historically not-as-good football programs) might like it also. Add in Dixie and not have to play East, Covington, North, FL, Bethel...