Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 09-17-18, 08:53 PM
All Region

BBfootball92 is an unknown quantity at this point
I was wrong last year but I won’t be wrong this year . Bellbrook will beat Franklin
24-7 ballpark . Bellbrook defense is good, very disciplined and all 11 hats fly to the ball . Sloan And Ferguson will be the difference on offense, Ferguson has huge play ability and Sloan wears you down . #5 on the outside is tough, lebenski has options and is accurate . We haven’t played anyone since week 1 at tipp and Franklin has beat them 2 straight years , they will be ready for this one

Franklin has been improving and has athletes on the field , they are playing for their playoff lives and league championship dreams so i expect a team that comes ready to play , wouldn’t be shocked if the score is closer then I predict , I’m not underestimating Franklin and the emotions they will be playing with and confidence they have against B.B..
Bellbrook gets this monkey off it’s back

Last edited by BBfootball92; 09-17-18 at 09:18 PM.
Old 09-18-18, 11:49 AM
All Yappi

BlessEmAll is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BlessEmAll
Milton vs Madison

This game is going to be a complete blow out. Not even close.
Madison is going to finish 10-0 and#1 in Region 16 by a long shot.
Best SWBL team in many, many years. Reminds me of Valley View back a few years ago. Heads and tails above everyone else.

Milton needs to get through this week healthy and prepared for Waynesville.

Homecoming, who decided to have Madison for homecoming? .
Old 09-18-18, 12:53 PM
All Ohio

dograt is on a distinguished road
next week (Waynesville) is homecoming for MU.
Old 09-18-18, 12:57 PM
All American

SouthwestOhioGuy17 is on a distinguished road
Madison-MU Preview

Pelgen's big numbers part of Madison's defensive strength

https://www.journal-news.com/sports/...ikqT9TtS4KqKO/
Old 09-18-18, 07:51 PM
Junior Varsity

FootballFreak02 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ex_dc_atc View Post
This should be a big week for Franklin. If they can beat BB, I could see them turning their season around. If not, that's probably the end of their playoff hopes.
Unfortunately Franklin struggled to move the ball against Monroe. They may not score a touchdown against Bellbrook. I also expect them to get lit up in the passing game and any outside runs. They are overmatched again this week in the secondary. The secondary had some turnovers against a poor Monroe offense but they also had kids out of position all night long. I donít expect this one to be close unless we see a totally different effort from a week ago. If Iím Bellbrook I go tempo early against a franklin defense that struggles to get line up before the snap of the football. Cause some confusion, take away any energy they may bring from the victory last week and put this one to bed early. Just my thoughts. Hope Iím wrong.
Old 09-18-18, 09:30 PM
All Ohio

Franklincats02 is on a distinguished road
Yes, I agree. I'm thinking Bellbrook 28-10. Couldn't listen in to the game last Friday until half way through the second quarter. Who did Franklin start at QB? They were trying to alternate QB with not much happening.
Old 09-18-18, 09:52 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by dograt View Post
next week (Waynesville) is homecoming for MU.
Whew.
Old 09-19-18, 09:14 AM
All World

ex_dc_atc is on a distinguished road
It's surprising to hear how Franklin's season is headed with so much anticipation to start the season. Like I said before, this is a major game vs. Bellbrook. If the Wildcats struggle here, I imagine they'll struggle against Valley View as well.
Old 09-20-18, 11:08 AM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklincats02 View Post
Yes, I agree. I'm thinking Bellbrook 28-10. Couldn't listen in to the game last Friday until half way through the second quarter. Who did Franklin start at QB? They were trying to alternate QB with not much happening.
The junior started and played the majority of the snaps. They didnít move the ball well.
Old 09-20-18, 11:41 AM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklincats02 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ex_dc_atc View Post
It's surprising to hear how Franklin's season is headed with so much anticipation to start the season. Like I said before, this is a major game vs. Bellbrook. If the Wildcats struggle here, I imagine they'll struggle against Valley View as well.
I wasnít surprised unfortunately. We didnít look good effort and technique wise in any scrimmage. This has carried over to the season. Our defense has zero discipline and uses no technique.
Old 09-20-18, 04:15 PM
All Yappi

Bless's SWBL rankings

1. Bellbrook 4-0 ranked#1 Region 11
2. Madison 4-0 ranked #2 Region 20
3. Brookville 3-1 ranked #10 Region 18
4. Valley View 2-2
5. Milton-Union 2-2
5. (tie) Franklin 1-3
7. Waynesville 2-2
8. Oakwood 1-3
9. Shawnee 1-3
10. Northridge 1-3
11. Monroe 0-4
12. Dixie 1-3
13. Carlisle 0-4
14. Eaton 0-4

Last edited by BlessEmAll; 09-21-18 at 11:27 AM.
Old 09-21-18, 06:31 AM
All District

BucksFan937 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessEmAll View Post
Bless's SWBL rankings

4. Valley View 2-2
5. Milton-Union 2-2
5. (tie) Franklin 1-3
7. Waynesville 2-2
8. Oakwood 1-3
9. Shawnee 1-3
10. Northridge 1-3
11. Monroe 0-4
12. Eaton 0-4
13. Carlisle 0-4
14. Eaton 0-4
Not that it really matters, but Eaton is listed as 12 and 14. I'm thinking 12 may need to be Dixie as they moved to 1-3 after beating Carlisle last week...
Old 09-21-18, 06:31 AM
All Region

NewOldBlood is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Bless's SWBL rankings

4. Valley View 2-2
5. Milton-Union 2-2
5. (tie) Franklin 1-3
7. Waynesville 2-2
8. Oakwood 1-3
9. Shawnee 1-3
10. Northridge 1-3
11. Monroe 0-4
12. Eaton 0-4
13. Carlisle 0-4
14. Dixie 0-4
Not sure that I agree with Bellbrook being better than Madison, but it's probably not worth arguing about since we'll never know. I assume 12 is suppose to be Dixie since you have Eaton on there twice? I guess we'll know after they play, but I think Monroe is the worst team in the league. It's definitely a down year with only three teams in the league with a winning record.

Last edited by BlessEmAll; 09-21-18 at 11:26 AM.
Old 09-21-18, 11:26 AM
All Yappi

Trying to spread the love. Madison is very good but so is Bellbrook. Rated higher in a larger Division.
Yes 12 is Dixie.
Old 09-21-18, 11:27 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucksFan937 View Post
Not that it really matters, but Eaton is listed as 12 and 14. I'm thinking 12 may need to be Dixie as they moved to 1-3 after beating Carlisle last week...
Fixed. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 09-21-18, 05:47 PM
All District

NewBlood is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballFreak02 View Post
The junior started and played the majority of the snaps. They didnít move the ball well.
The Jr started ...the Sr played 2 series in 2nd qt....Jr played all 3rd Qt ...sr played last 7 minutes of game ...neither mover the team ....one TD came on an 87 yard run ....another came on a KO return and the 3rd TD was a 40 pass by the Jr ....poor offensive showing by all ...lol....I expect it to be ugly tonight ...I am going to stay home and watch tv...
Old 09-22-18, 05:46 AM
All American

SouthwestOhioGuy17 is on a distinguished road
Madison-Milton

Svarda getting healthy, helps Madison bury Bulldogs

https://www.journal-news.com/sports/...bVsvXOsCjU85N/
Old 09-22-18, 07:28 AM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewBlood View Post
The Jr started ...the Sr played 2 series in 2nd qt....Jr played all 3rd Qt ...sr played last 7 minutes of game ...neither mover the team ....one TD came on an 87 yard run ....another came on a KO return and the 3rd TD was a 40 pass by the Jr ....poor offensive showing by all ...lol....I expect it to be ugly tonight ...I am going to stay home and watch tv...
Tonight the junior played the entire game. He looked lost and was constantly putting the team in bad situations by taking sacks. His inability to get the ball out of his hand on time really has hurt this team all year. It is painful to watch this Friday after Friday.
Old 09-22-18, 12:31 PM
All Yappi

SWBL standings: Week 5:
SW
1. Bellbrook 5-0 #2 Region 11
2. Brookville 4-1 #9 Region 18
3. Valley View 3-2 #9 Region 16
4. Oakwood 2-3
5. Franklin 1-4
6. Eaton 0-5
7. Monroe 0-5

Buckeye
1. Madison 5-0 #2 Region 20
2. Waynesville 3-2
3. Milton-Union 2-3
4. Northridge 2-3
5. Shawnee 1-4
6. Dixie 1-4
7. Carlisle 0-5

Week 6:
SW:
Bellbrook vs Valley View
Brookville vs Oakwood
Monroe vs Eaton

Crossover:
Franklin vs Shawnee

Buckeye:
Milton-Union vs Waynesville
Madison vs Dixie
Northridge vs Carlisle

Last edited by BlessEmAll; 09-22-18 at 01:58 PM.
Old 09-22-18, 04:04 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballFreak02 View Post
Tonight the junior played the entire game. He looked lost and was constantly putting the team in bad situations by taking sacks. His inability to get the ball out of his hand on time really has hurt this team all year. It is painful to watch this Friday after Friday.
I didn't go to the game ...but in the games I have seen I agree with you ...the Jr doesn't seem to have QB instincts and is very inconsistent...poor decisions and wants too run too often
Many of the fans are frustrated ...they told me they felt that OC SCHNEIDER was brought in to develop QB Wood s ( coaches son ) but it isn't working and
Woods isn't producing...The sr was not in the big plan but excelled in the only chance he has had...oopps...I was surprised when the Sr didn't get any meaningful time or play calls in the Monroe game ???? It looks like they will go with Woods at all costs and hope he gets better for next year ...too bad for the Sr Bowermaster and of course the other Srs and fans ....oh well...
Another rumor was the Bowermasters were in doghouse because they had previously transferred to Centervile and came back when Coach Roberts left Centervile.....Who knows for sure ...but in the end its just HS football and they will all learn a lot about life's disappointments and high lights and in 5 games the frustration is over ...lol
Old 09-23-18, 03:48 PM
Junior Varsity

It’s frustrating to watch. I’ll review the tape tomorrow but from the stands he was sacked quite a bit. I put it in the range of 7-10 times with the huge majority of being his inability to get the ball out. I’ve watched Bellbrook now only once but not impressive in my opinion. Very beatable. Not saying Franklin wins if they make a switch at qb but I doubt they get held to only 17 points if the senior gets his shot. Unfortunately I don’t have the answers as to why they don’t give him an opportunity but you can look at several other positions and wonder why is this kid even playing varsity football. I have went to nearly franklin game the last 12 years and never have been so puzzled at the players they run out their on both sides of the ball as I am this year. It’s clear winning this season isn’t a priority. I’ve always wonder about 1 or 2 kids but this we have several that make you scratch your head.
Old 09-23-18, 05:26 PM
Moderated User

hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewBlood View Post
I didn't go to the game ...but in the games I have seen I agree with you ...the Jr doesn't seem to have QB instincts and is very inconsistent...poor decisions and wants too run too often
Many of the fans are frustrated ...they told me they felt that OC SCHNEIDER was brought in to develop QB Wood s ( coaches son ) but it isn't working and
Woods isn't producing...The sr was not in the big plan but excelled in the only chance he has had...oopps...I was surprised when the Sr didn't get any meaningful time or play calls in the Monroe game ???? It looks like they will go with Woods at all costs and hope he gets better for next year ...too bad for the Sr Bowermaster and of course the other Srs and fans ....oh well...
Another rumor was the Bowermasters were in doghouse because they had previously transferred to Centervile and came back when Coach Roberts left Centervile.....Who knows for sure ...but in the end its just HS football and they will all learn a lot about life's disappointments and high lights and in 5 games the frustration is over ...lol
Uh the Woods kid was one of the best QBS I saw last year. Great athlete, great arm. For some reason Franklin brings in a new OC who changes the whole offense.Uh you cant expect high school kids to adapt to a totally new system. franklins offense last year, before all the injuries, was the best I saw all year.
Old 09-23-18, 05:36 PM
All Yappi

Bless's SWBL ratings. Week 6.

1. Madison #2 Region 20
2. Bellbrook #2 Region 11
3. Valley View
4. Brookville
5. Franklin
6. Waynesville
7. Milton-Union
8. Oakwood
9. Northridge
10. Shawnee
11. Monroe
12. Eaton
13. Dixie
14. Carlisle
Old 09-23-18, 05:43 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoser View Post
Uh the Woods kid was one of the best QBS I saw last year. Great athlete, great arm. For some reason Franklin brings in a new OC who changes the whole offense.Uh you cant expect high school kids to adapt to a totally new system. franklins offense last year, before all the injuries, was the best I saw all year.
Woods didnít do much after entering the Piqua game when White went down with a season ending injury. Not a great athlete, he doesnít have a strong arm but heís a hard runner, heís tough kid no and a good kid but his inability to throw on time is hurting his team in a big big way. He struggled get the ball out last year. His o line last year was much better than this one but the issue of not being able to pull the trigger and get the ball out of his hand was there last year as well.
Old 09-23-18, 05:53 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Bless's SWBL ratings. Week 6.

1. Madison #2 Region 20
2. Bellbrook #2 Region 11
3. Valley View
4. Brookville
5. Franklin
6. Waynesville
7. Milton-Union
8. Oakwood
9. Northridge
10. Shawnee
11. Monroe
12. Eaton
13. Dixie
14. Carlisle
Uh those 8 kids who play on the line for Madison, might be the best ever in Butler county, regardless of division. Uh I have seen a lot of football in this county, and I don't think I have ever seen a better group of kids on the line.Big, fast,strong, and nasty.
Old 09-23-18, 06:35 PM
All Yappi

They could run into a buzzsaw in Genoa if they get that far. Region 18 is loaded up.
Old 09-23-18, 06:52 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
They could run into a buzzsaw in Genoa if they get that far. Region 18 is loaded up.
Uh, don't really know, but it is hard to believe any D5 team would have 8 linemen as good as this Madison group. Plus Whiteman and Svarda are really good athletes. If Madison is ever gonna win a state title, I think it will be this year.Uh you have to be good and lucky to win a state title, but this team has a real chance to do it.
Old 09-23-18, 09:08 PM
All District

Quote:
Hoser ...you and i have disagreed a lot ...that's OK....I believe you see Woods as a capable QB...he makes a nice long ball throw on occasion and the slant pass he throws looks good ...I get why you see it your way ...
I 1st got engaged on this topic because I felt you were putting too much blame on the rest of the team and giving Woods a pass when he clearly was not performing well...he has some obvious flaws as a QB...
The Sr Bowermaster has only been given one and 1/2 qts of meaningful play...He showed all the QB aspects that Woods didn't ...he made proper decisions quickly ..got the ball our fast and was accurate ...Then in the Monroe game was slighted very badly...that had me scratching my head ..
I wondered ...did the Staff see him as a bad attitude or trouble maker ??? The parents I talked to said he was as good a kid as you could hope for and an A student .....So I finally realized the coaches had decided all along to go with Woods ...and brought in Schnieder to develop him ...BUT IT AIN'T working ...WHY? I believed its because he doesn't have the mind set of a QB...he wants to do too much himself and he is not the gifted runner everyone is claiming.. you pick your reason ...but I believe they go with Woods no matter what ....WHY ? you pick ...lol...MANY fans say it is because he is coaches son and they have sacrificed the season to their 2 year plan ...
Old 09-23-18, 09:13 PM
All District

Quote:
Hoser ...you and i have disagreed a lot ...that's OK....I believe you see Woods as a capable QB...he makes a nice long ball throw on occasion and the slant pass he throws looks good ...I get why you see it your way ...
I 1st got engaged on this topic because I felt you were putting too much blame on the rest of the team and giving Woods a pass when he clearly was not performing well...he has some obvious flaws as a QB...
The Sr Bowermaster has only been given one and 1/2 qts of meaningful play...He showed all the QB aspects that Woods didn't ...he made proper decisions quickly ..got the ball our fast and was accurate ...Then in the Monroe game was slighted very badly...that had me scratching my head ..
I wondered ...did the Staff see him as a bad attitude or trouble maker ??? The parents I talked to said he was as good a kid as you could hope for and an A student .....So I finally realized the coaches had decided all along to go with Woods ...and brought in Schnieder to develop him ...BUT IT AIN'T working ...WHY? you pick ...but I believe they go with Woods no matter what ....WHY ? you pick ...lol...MANY fans say it is because he is coaches son and they have sacrificed the season to their 2 year plan ...I understand that many of the players feel this way and are close to mentally checking out ....right or wrong ???? I don't know but the folks aren't used to this and are angry..
Old 09-24-18, 08:38 AM
All Region

big medicine is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Uh those 8 kids who play on the line for Madison, might be the best ever in Butler county, regardless of division. Uh I have seen a lot of football in this county, and I don't think I have ever seen a better group of kids on the line.Big, fast,strong, and nasty.

Uh they are ok for a bunch of D5 guys, but would get demolished by a GCL freshman team. Isn't that your often used line ?