Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 09-10-18, 04:41 AM
All World

Buckeye Elite is on a distinguished road
Kirtlands region to lose, liberty’s speed can cause teams problems if they get in, not sold on Brookfield either. McDonald is a dark horse to me tho
Old 09-10-18, 08:37 AM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
DVI is Kirtland's to lose.

They will be well rested to meet up in the finals after the rest of the teams go through the meat grinder.
Old 09-10-18, 02:54 PM
All World

kingpin2010 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by D4fan View Post
Agreed. Region 21 should have 8 fairly competitive teams, region 24 will have at least 1 team make it in that is not very deserving and will get pounded week one or two, depending on when they see their first MAC opponent.

This looks like a year when a few surprises could happen in region 21 come playoff time.
I think there may be surprises in that thereís a big conglomerate of teams from 2 to like 8 that are all relatively even and can beat each other. That said Kirtland looks to be the king again and itíll require a monumental upset to beat them
Old 09-15-18, 12:58 AM
All World

Week 4 looked to be quiet heading in and everything pretty much went as expected. Mogadore looked strong over Elyria Catholic, Liberty beat Brookfield, and Wickliffe beat Jndependence, who pretty much is out of the playoff picture with the loss.

Week 5 has a pair of big games.

McDonald at Springfield: This game has huge playoff implications, both unbeaten R21 teams. Given the how bad the MVAC performed out of league, there is not much margin of error for these teams and this is almost a playoff game in week 5.

Columbia at Buckeye: Buckeye is a D3 playoff mainstay and are 3-1 to start the season, a Columbia win would put them in great shape to be hosting week 11.
Old 09-15-18, 06:29 AM
All Region

pcbuck is on a distinguished road
Huge win for Mogadore yesterday. I was really impressed by their margin of victory and their ability to move the ball on the ground against a much bigger Elyria Catholic Defensive line.
The win moves them all the way up from 10th to 1st in the region.
Old 09-15-18, 06:54 AM
All World

jmog is on a distinguished road
EC needs to figure out their hydration issues. I know last night was hot but I have never seen so many cramps from the same team in 1 game. Luckily the injuries were just cramps and not serious, but man there was a crap ton of them on their side.
Old 09-15-18, 08:43 AM
All American

wildcat71 is on a distinguished road
Mogadore bounced back big time. I agree Elyria cramped big time. Great to see a blow out win. Cats needed that. Now another LONG journey to southeast Ohio. Hopefully next year's schedule adds some local teams...this region is stacked.
Old 09-16-18, 11:44 AM
All World

Projections after week 4- not much has changed:

1: Mogadore 26.9, 9-1 (23.0 with loss to Rootstown)
2: Kirtland 24.7, 10-0
3. Springfield 20.5, 10-0 (16.8 at 9-1, out at 8-2)
4: Norwayne 20.0, 9-1
5: Columbia 19.7, 8-2 loss to Buckeye
6: Rootstown 18.6, 9-1 loss to Mogadore. 22.5 and host at 10-0
7: Southern 17.1, 8-2 losses to 2 of Columbiana/EP/United
8: McDonald 15.0, 9-1 loss to Springfield (19 at 10-0, out at 8-2)

9: Garaway 13.8, 8-2 losses to Ridgewood and IV (~17.7 at 9-1, 22.1 at 10-0)
10: Liberty 11.6, 7-3 losses to Labrae and Girard. (Mid 15’s at 8-2, 19 at 9-1)
11: Western Reserve 11.4, 8-2 losses to Spr and McD. (15.0 at 9-1, 19 at 10-0)
?: Steubenville Catholic Central- Wildcard right now due to amount of OOS opponents.

If Columbiana or United could sweep the EOAC they could work their way to the bubble conversation.

Another thing that could potentially sway harbins that I mentioned in the MVAC thread is Sebring is down to 13 players so it’s questionable they’ll be able to finish the season. If they were to cancel the MVAC 3 would benefit with the lower divisor (less so WR since they already played Sebring).
Old 09-17-18, 05:48 AM
All Yappi

FirestoneFan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to FirestoneFan
Kirtland
Springfield
Mogadore
Norwayne
Columbia
Rootstown
McDonald
Garaway
Western Reserve
Liberty
also Southern, Steubenville CC, Columbiana, Brookfield

This is my thoughts on best teams, not playoff probabilities (at this time). This is a very competitive region!

Last edited by FirestoneFan; 09-17-18 at 09:38 AM.
Old 09-17-18, 09:31 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirestoneFan View Post
Kirtland
Springfield
Norwayne
Mogadore
Columbia
Rootstown
McDonald
Garaway
Western Reserve
Liberty
also Southern, Steubenville CC, Columbiana, Brookfield

This is my thoughts on best teams, not playoff probabilities (at this time). This is a very competitive region!
Just curious, you have Norwayne over Mogadore when Mogadore beat them at Norwayne. Mogadore had pulled away in the 3rd Q and it stayed a 2 score game until the frantic last 4 minutes that included 2 broken plays and an onside kick to get it to a 1 point game.
Old 09-17-18, 09:37 AM
All Yappi

Just a typing error on my part. I'll fix it. This is still a very hard region to get a grasp on the top 8 or 10 but league games will settle that somewhat (other than Kirtland being #1). I took in the Mogadore game last week and was impressed! The PTC County is pretty tough so far with Mogadore, Rootstown, Garrettsville and Valley Christian having good starts. I do see it coming down to the final game between the Wildcats and Rovers with lots of Harbins on the line.
Old 09-17-18, 11:27 AM
All World

Quote:
Just a typing error on my part. I'll fix it. This is still a very hard region to get a grasp on the top 8 or 10 but league games will settle that somewhat (other than Kirtland being #1). I took in the Mogadore game last week and was impressed! The PTC County is pretty tough so far with Mogadore, Rootstown, Garrettsville and Valley Christian having good starts. I do see it coming down to the final game between the Wildcats and Rovers with lots of Harbins on the line.
I agree with this whole post.

Kirtland is clear #1, PTC County is up this year overall but will come down to Moggy/Rootstown in week 10.
Old 09-17-18, 03:18 PM
All Region

According to Drew Pasteurís site 10 of the top 20 teams in D6 are in Region 21. So thereís definitely going to be some good teams left out.

In case you were wondering 7 of the top 20 teams come from Region 24, 2 from Region 23, and 1 from Region 22.

As far as the top 10 is concerned, all the top 10 teams in D6 are from Regions 21 and 24.
Old 09-17-18, 05:19 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcbuck View Post
According to Drew Pasteurís site 10 of the top 20 teams in D6 are in Region 21. So thereís definitely going to be some good teams left out.

In case you were wondering 7 of the top 20 teams come from Region 24, 2 from Region 23, and 1 from Region 22.

As far as the top 10 is concerned, all the top 10 teams in D6 are from Regions 21 and 24.
At least 1 of the MVAC schools wonít make it, likely 2 due to the poor performance of their league mates who went 1-14 out of conference. Also this region was already tough to get into the last few years and ADDED 2 quality schools in Garaway and SCC.
Old 09-17-18, 06:05 PM
Varsity

ambassador is on a distinguished road
Don’ t sleep on Steubenville Catholic Central. They have several big point games coming up and I think they should finish 8-2 or 7-3. Wheeling central is a load and Fort Frye in week 10 will be a toss up. They only suit up 23 players but have great size up front and a terrific dual threat QB. They could be a nightmare for someone in Round 1.
Old 09-18-18, 07:48 AM
All Ohio

m14brian is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpin2010 View Post
At least 1 of the MVAC schools wonít make it, likely 2 due to the poor performance of their league mates who went 1-14 out of conference. Also this region was already tough to get into the last few years and ADDED 2 quality schools in Garaway and SCC.
Is is possible that all 3 MVAC schools donít make it if they all beat each other like last year?
Old 09-18-18, 09:54 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by m14brian View Post
Is is possible that all 3 MVAC schools donít make it if they all beat each other like last year?
I would think that itís possible but very unlikely that all 3 are left out if they all end up 9-1.
My guess is that in this scenario Springfield would be in since they are already over 0.5 points ahead of the others with very similar schedules left to play.
Old 09-18-18, 11:26 AM
All World

Quote:
Is is possible that all 3 MVAC schools don’t make it if they all beat each other like last year?
As pcbuck said, if all go 9-1 Springfield is will be the top of the heap of the MVAC and I’d say pretty likely in.

A lot of how the last few spots shake out will come down to:
Liberty against Labrae and Girard (Liberty I’d say is an underdog in both)

Garaway against Ridgewood and IV (definite underdog against IV, toss-up against Ridgewood)

SCC against Fort Frye and Wheeling (underdog against both)

And Southern against Columbiana, EP, and United (all 3 toss-ups).

I’d say it’s just as likely 2 MVAC’s get in if they all split 9-1 as none, but both are pretty low. Also as I noted Sebring is dangerously low on players and if they have to cancel that could really benefit Springfield and McDonald with lower divisors, just quick math looks like it would give them about .5 harbin boosts.
Old 09-18-18, 11:48 AM
All Ohio

nupanther is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpin2010 View Post
As pcbuck said, if all go 9-1 Springfield is will be the top of the heap of the MVAC and Iíd say pretty likely in.

A lot of how the last few spots shake out will come down to:
Liberty against Labrae and Girard (Liberty Iíd say is an underdog in both)

Garaway against Ridgewood and IV (definite underdog against IV, toss-up against Ridgewood)

SCC against Fort Frye and Wheeling (underdog against both)

And Southern against Columbiana, EP, and United (all 3 toss-ups).

Iíd say itís just as likely 2 MVACís get in if they all split 9-1 as none, but both are pretty low. Also as I noted Sebring is dangerously low on players and if they have to cancel that could really benefit Springfield and McDonald with lower divisors, just quick math looks like it would give them about .5 harbin boosts.
I believe you posted Sebring has 13 players. Is that a definite number? Or do they have a few guys able to come back? To continue with 13 kids and no help in sight is dangerous.
Old 09-21-18, 10:43 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by nupanther View Post
I believe you posted Sebring has 13 players. Is that a definite number? Or do they have a few guys able to come back? To continue with 13 kids and no help in sight is dangerous.
Just saw this but Iím not sure if they have kids coming back or not, just from what Iíve heard. But agree that is dangerous.
Old 09-21-18, 10:50 PM
All World

McDonald is the big winner tonight with a huge win over Springfield 20-17, and also getting some level 2 help with Columbiana winning in OT over United. The Devils now are in a position where beating WR in week 9 may get them a home playoff game and losing could mean sitting home. Springfield now has a game against Western Reserve week 7 with their playoff lives on the line.

Columbia Station came up just short against Buckeye in a game that could’ve secured them in all likelihood a home playoff game with a win. The 4th spot should be an interesting race

Mogadore also comes from behind to best Meadowbrook. The cats, along with Kirtland and Norwayne are all extremely likely to get a home playoff game
Old 09-22-18, 07:06 AM
All Ohio

m14brian is on a distinguished road
D6 is crazy. Tops teams in this Division could probably win State in D5 and maybe even 4.

Nice win for McD Blue Devils, maybe If they had about 4 more of these type of games they could be ready for a playoff game.

If they do make it there is no way any game will be competitive against Mogadore, Kirtland, Rootstown, Norwayne.
Old 09-22-18, 07:12 AM
All World

The PTC County is so up this year their non-conference records will give the winner a ton of Harbin Points. Mogadore 4-1, Rootstown are 5-0, Garfield and Crestwood are 4-1, and Southeast is 2-3.

The winner of Mogadore against Roostown in week 10 will end up being the 1 seed in this region with that many points in the league play. That is assuming they beat the other 3 teams as well.

Last edited by jmog; 09-22-18 at 02:55 PM.
Old 09-22-18, 08:49 AM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
D6 is crazy. Tops teams in this Division could probably win State in D5 and maybe even 4.

Nice win for McD Blue Devils, maybe If they had about 4 more of these type of games they could be ready for a playoff game.

If they do make it there is no way any game will be competitive against Mogadore, Kirtland, Rootstown, Norwayne.
I know it doesn't work out that way but it is interesting to look at:
CW beat D4 powerhouse Clinton Massie whom beat a great DIII team last night.

DOwn the road we expect MSML To beat CW (who beat massie who beat Hartley) and then with Kirtland winning the title it will look like thisL

Kirtland beats MSML who beat CW who beat Massie (D4) who beat Hartley (solid DIII)
Old 09-22-18, 09:03 AM
All Yappi

Lots of tough games next week.

Crestwood @ Mogadore (I'll probably be at this one).
Cuyahoga Hts @ Kirtland
Norwayne @ Hillsdale
Lutheran W @ Columbia
LaBrae @ Liberty
Old 09-22-18, 10:42 AM
All World

Quote:
Lots of tough games next week.

Crestwood @ Mogadore (I'll probably be at this one).
Cuyahoga Hts @ Kirtland
Norwayne @ Hillsdale
Lutheran W @ Columbia
LaBrae @ Liberty
Absolutely, the playoff picture will become much clearer after next week. Iíd also add East Palestine at Southern to this list, the Indians will face their toughest league matchup to date and a really good QB.
Old 09-22-18, 11:28 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmog View Post
The PTC County is so up this year their non-conference records will give the winner a ton of Harbin Points. Mogadore and Rootstown are 5-0, Garfield and Crestwood are 4-1, and Southeast is 2-3.

The winner of Mogadore against Roostown in week 10 will end up being the 1 seed in this region with that many points in the league play. That is assuming they beat the other 3 teams as well.
Rootstown is 5-0. Mogadore lost to Linsly so they're 4-1. In addition to those records, Valley Christian is 4-1 with their only loss to undefeated Gilmour.

Entering conference play next week the PTC County teams are a combined 23-7.
Old 09-22-18, 12:54 PM
All Ohio

beaker is on a distinguished road
Oh I remember the days when McDonald could compete with MAC schools. Playing very competitive state championship games. Of course lost both, but you went away knowing you had a chance...what happened? Now in the small divisions you have Kirtland and top MAC schools and the gap between them and everyone else is huge.

It wasn't such a huge gap years ago.

It's more than they just work harder..that could be true, but that completely over simplifies things...

MVAC league has McDonald, Berlin Center, Springfield all good teams, but close to Kirtlands level, no. The rest of the league...winless. they will only beat each other. Those schools will not get better in foreseeable future and it's not that they dont work hard..what is it? Bad coaching?...families leaving this area? ..No enthusiasm to play football? All of the above or even more factors maybe?

MAC schools have XBOX too....or do they????
Old 09-22-18, 01:39 PM
All Yappi

I don't think the MAC schools have cell phone or internet service. Probably the reason they always dominate?
Old 09-22-18, 02:30 PM
All Ohio

beaker is on a distinguished road
Lol...my questions are rhetorical. At times in the past had multiple teams from this area go deep in the playoffs. In recent past it's only been Mooney, Ursuline, Warren JFK. Those schools are shadows of what they were just a few years ago. They may never get it back and public schools from this area. South Range last year, Poland used to be great...Warren Harding...not anymore..oh the glory days. Just memories now