Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-20-18, 09:43 AM
All American

chocolatecity is on a distinguished road
Marlington 8-1 vs Alliance 6-3

Backyard brawl will decide all the marbles again....should be a good one!
Sponsored Links
Old 10-20-18, 09:47 AM
All World

sportster4321 is on a distinguished road
Alliance has come a long way since the Hubbard and Canfield buzzsaw in weeks 1 and 2. Would love to see the Aviators take this one. A good Marlington team is probably to much for a young Alliance team this year. Dukes by a score.
Old 10-20-18, 10:09 AM
Varsity

Toms0655 is on a distinguished road
This will be a great game and probably an even better atmosphere...Dukes been playing pretty well...I say Marlington by 1/2 scores...I can’t wait...league championship on the line...who is up for player of the year in the EBC this year?
Old 10-20-18, 11:25 AM
All Region

mrroosevelt is on a distinguished road
My humble opinion. This is a true "toss up" game between two good teams for the EBC title. Neither one is a great team. Both teams have an equal chance to win this game.

If Marlington wins they likely get a home game in week 11 that they may have a shot to win.

If Alliance wins both teams are likely make the playoffs as low seeds and have to travel in week 11 to play teams that will be heavily favored against these two EBC schools.

I have seen every team in the EBC this year except Alliance. Unless they have someone I am not aware of, Blane Himmelheber should be a near consensus EBC player of the year.
Old 10-20-18, 12:40 PM
All Ohio

dukie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrroosevelt View Post
My humble opinion. This is a true "toss up" game between two good teams for the EBC title. Neither one is a great team. Both teams have an equal chance to win this game.

If Marlington wins they likely get a home game in week 11 that they may have a shot to win.

If Alliance wins both teams are likely make the playoffs as low seeds and have to travel in week 11 to play teams that will be heavily favored against these two EBC schools.

I have seen every team in the EBC this year except Alliance. Unless they have someone I am not aware of, Blane Himmelheber should be a near consensus EBC player of the year.
Well said & completely agree. Should be a good one. Good luck & good health to both teams.
Old 10-20-18, 05:27 PM
Junior Varsity

Alliance1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukie View Post
Well said & completely agree. Should be a good one. Good luck & good health to both teams.
I chose to attend the West Branch Marlington game last night. Iíll say this. Blame Himmelheber is the player of the year in the EBC regardless of the outcome Friday.

After watching the game, This is the most evenly match game since the series was renewed in 2005.
Old 10-21-18, 03:22 AM
All Region

Old Wildcat is on a distinguished road
this is going to be a long week, this is the game of the year. It's going to come down to basic football. The line play, protecting the ball and keeping emotions in check. This could come down to who has the last posession. Here's my break down
Rushing Alliance
Passing Marlington
Defense Marlington
Tem speed Alliance
Line play Marlington
Special teams Marlington
Going with my heart I'll take the Dukes by maybe 10
Old 10-21-18, 11:25 AM
All Region

Old Wildcat is on a distinguished road
Wow biggest game of the year for these two teams and no one is posting,, where are all the fans? Come on folks let's get going.
Old 10-21-18, 01:46 PM
All American

dig it is on a distinguished road
i'll go with chocolate city and the aviators 20-14.
Old 10-21-18, 02:15 PM
All Region

warrior333 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Wildcat View Post
Wow biggest game of the year for these two teams and no one is posting,, where are all the fans? Come on folks let's get going.
Could have to do with Wb game. Most Duke postesters were expecting a 21-28 pt blowout instead they got handled up front and were lucky to pull off the win .
Alliance has a faster secondary than Wb .
I’ll go with Alliance by 17.

Last edited by warrior333; 10-21-18 at 02:16 PM. Reason: .
Old 10-21-18, 02:23 PM
All District

Starkflavor is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrior333 View Post
Could have to do with Wb game. Most Duke postesters were expecting a 21-28 pt blowout instead they got handled up front and were lucky to pull off the win .
Alliance has a faster secondary than Wb .
Iíll go with Alliance by 17.
Your unbelievable. Lucky to pull out the win? It was 28-7 w 5 min left. I've read all your posts about how great your QB is and marlingtons qb not as good as last year. I'll take marlingtons skill's all day long. Caserta is your best player w out a doubt.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 10-21-18, 02:58 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starkflavor View Post
Your unbelievable. Lucky to pull out the win? It was 28-7 w 5 min left. I've read all your posts about how great your QB is and marlingtons qb not as good as last year. I'll take marlingtons skill's all day long. Caserta is your best player w out a doubt.

There you go Wildcat I figured that would get them Talking for you. Lol.
Take away 1 play and give us the feild goal that was actually good as see on sky fox helicopter footage an you have a different result. 5 min left that’s why you play 4 full quarters. Didn’t knock your Qb’s performance at all on Friday , #2 An #3 are your playmakers though! Best of luck Friday .

Last edited by warrior333; 10-21-18 at 03:12 PM.
Old 10-21-18, 03:13 PM
Varsity

Quote:
There you go Wildcat I figured that would get them Talking for you. Lol.
Take away 1 play and give us the feild goal that was actually good as see on sky fox helicopter footage an you have a different result. 5 min left thatís why you play 4 full quarters. Didnít knock your Qbís performance at all on Friday , #2 An #3 are your playmakers though! Best of luck Friday .
First...the field goal hit literally the top of the upright...if you know football you know the the uprights actually extends all the way to heaven so if it goes over the top of it it has to be all the way inside the upright...being that the ball hit the post it was not completely inside therefore no good as called..we missed a couple deep balls and dropped 5 first down passes in the first half or it could have gotten ugly..WB never quit...but we werenít lucky to win...you were lucky to make it look closer than it was...maybe next year bud😂
Old 10-21-18, 03:33 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toms0655 View Post
First...the field goal hit literally the top of the upright...if you know football you know the the uprights actually extends all the way to heaven so if it goes over the top of it it has to be all the way inside the upright...being that the ball hit the post it was not completely inside therefore no good as called..we missed a couple deep balls and dropped 5 first down passes in the first half or it could have gotten ugly..WB never quit...but we werenít lucky to win...you were lucky to make it look closer than it was...maybe next year bud😂
Wb had its share of missed first down as well . Game is over and congrats to the Dukes.
I think ya all better be focusing on Alliance now.
Old 10-21-18, 03:46 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Wb had its share of missed first down as well . Game is over and congrats to the Dukes.
I think ya all better be focusing on Alliance now.
Lol your on our game thread bro talking about last week...hopefully you donít end the year on a 3 game losing streak after all that playoff talk earlier in the season...
Old 10-21-18, 04:06 PM
All Region

Quote:
Lol your on our game thread bro talking about last week...hopefully you donít end the year on a 3 game losing streak after all that playoff talk earlier in the season...
Well like Wildcat said pretty quiet thought I needed to stir the pot a little. An it worked.You guys get so defensive itís comical . Your rite about week 10 An rival games We both could lose !
Old 10-21-18, 04:56 PM
Freshman

Jake23 is on a distinguished road
Marlington by 14
Player of the year I would give to CJ Marlingtons Quarterback he has had a great year he can run and pass and he will be even better next year
Old 10-21-18, 06:02 PM
All District

I think it's going to be a great game. Everything up for grabs. You couldnt ask for anything else in the last game of the year. After a tough non league schedule for the Aviator's they bounced back to win every league game. Marlington has won 8 straight after an opening game loss.

Marlington 24
Alliance 14

As far as POY I would easily pick Blane Himmelheiber(sp)? He has played everywhere for the dukes and excelled at all of it. I haven't seen anyone better this year

Old 10-21-18, 07:22 PM
All District

NBC 1988 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Wildcat View Post
this is going to be a long week, this is the game of the year. It's going to come down to basic football. The line play, protecting the ball and keeping emotions in check. This could come down to who has the last posession. Here's my break down
Rushing Alliance
Passing Marlington
Defense Marlington
Tem speed Alliance
Line play Marlington
Special teams Marlington
Going with my heart I'll take the Dukes by maybe 10
After watching both teams:
Rushing: Alliance
Passing: Marlington
Defense: Marlington
Team speed: Marlington
Line Play: toss up- Alliance Line is much better than everyone thinks
Special teams: Alliance

I wlll say Marlington in a close one. It will be a hard fought game. Great way to end the 1st year of the EBC.
Old 10-21-18, 07:35 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBC 1988 View Post
After watching both teams:
Rushing: Alliance
Passing: Marlington
Defense: Marlington
Team speed: Marlington
Line Play: toss up- Alliance Line is much better than everyone thinks
Special teams: Alliance

I wlll say Marlington in a close one. It will be a hard fought game. Great way to end the 1st year of the EBC.
You think marlingtons team speed is better than alliance?

Old 10-21-18, 10:23 PM
Freshman

Basebaldad is on a distinguished road
Marlington loses with a young team 29-36 last year on the alliance 20 yard line, with a stacked senior class of alliance. This year Marlington has the edge with experience! I give this close one to the Dukes, as these teams get up to play with other!
Old 10-23-18, 10:26 AM
All American

I like the Aviators in this one... Defense have been playing well... Rushing attack has been solid and I think The Dukes air attack and the Aviators pass defense is a wash.... Whoever has the least mistakes wins.... Alliance 24-14
Old 10-25-18, 01:11 PM
All District

WaRRiorFanAttic is on a distinguished road
Quote:
First...the field goal hit literally the top of the upright...if you know football you know the the uprights actually extends all the way to heaven so if it goes over the top of it it has to be all the way inside the upright...being that the ball hit the post it was not completely inside therefore no good as called..we missed a couple deep balls and dropped 5 first down passes in the first half or it could have gotten ugly..WB never quit...but we werenít lucky to win...you were lucky to make it look closer than it was...maybe next year bud��
I was at the game, and the field goal did not hit the top of the upright. It hit at least 4 feet down on the post, and kicked in. The official simply did not do his job and watch his post. Officials admitted after game it was a bad call. If you view the FOX sky cam, it is real easy to see. None the less, WB was not able to pull out a win.

Marlington QB throws well when he stops and plants. Does not throw well on the run....they were mostly in the dirt. However he is a very good athlete.

Marlington was not able to effectively run the ball on WB, and being an old man going to many different games this year.... I know that Alliance's defensive line is much, much better than WB. And Alliance's DB's are much quicker.

It should be a great battle. I'll go with Alliance with home field advantage and speed.

Alliance by two (2) scores.
Old 10-26-18, 01:36 AM
Freshman

Basebaldad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaRRiorFanAttic View Post
I was at the game, and the field goal did not hit the top of the upright. It hit at least 4 feet down on the post, and kicked in. The official simply did not do his job and watch his post. Officials admitted after game it was a bad call. If you view the FOX sky cam, it is real easy to see. None the less, WB was not able to pull out a win.

Marlington QB throws well when he stops and plants. Does not throw well on the run....they were mostly in the dirt. However he is a very good athlete.

Marlington was not able to effectively run the ball on WB, and being an old man going to many different games this year.... I know that Alliance's defensive line is much, much better than WB. And Alliance's DB's are much quicker.

It should be a great battle. I'll go with Alliance with home field advantage and speed.

Alliance by two (2) scores.

28-7 with 4 minutes to go and Balderson calls off the dogs! Not sure at that point if they were playing to win or not to lose! Alliance is a run based offense. The Dukes are a run stopping defense. Alliance's Offensive line is nowhere near as big or strong as WB and they are not going to push the
dukes D-line back. Also 5'6" corners aren't going to cover 6' plus receivers from Marlington! The rain will slow the Dukes more than the Aviators will. Marlington by 3 TD's
Old 10-26-18, 07:04 AM
All District

Quote:

Take it with a grain of salt, but yes I do. I think both teams play physical and I am not discrediting Alliance's speed and they have athletes. But one thing that stood out when I saw Marlington was how fast they played defensively. They had 6 or 7 kids on just about every tackle. Also, offensively they can spread the ball outside the hashes on offense and also have very good athletes. So maybe if you lined them up and ran 40's Alliance may be faster but I think Marlington plays faster as a team on defense and has more of a fast break style on offense. I also think Alliance's line is really good and underrated..

BUT IN ONLY SAW EACH TEAM ONCE.. I really think this a going to be a great game.
Old 10-27-18, 02:30 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basebaldad View Post
28-7 with 4 minutes to go and Balderson calls off the dogs! Not sure at that point if they were playing to win or not to lose! Alliance is a run based offense. The Dukes are a run stopping defense. Alliance's Offensive line is nowhere near as big or strong as WB and they are not going to push the
dukes D-line back. Also 5'6" corners aren't going to cover 6' plus receivers from Marlington! The rain will slow the Dukes more than the Aviators will. Marlington by 3 TD's
Well looked like whitty called off the Dogs on the Dukes! Oh An read your post above. Better stick to Basball threads . You were blatantly wrong on everything.
Poy: Dukes #2
Old 10-27-18, 08:34 AM
All American

dig it is on a distinguished road
Congrats to Alliance! They learned some tough lessons early in the year, but are now battle tested for the playoffs. Stay focused and good luck the rest of the way.
Old 10-27-18, 08:50 AM
All American

One thing for sure Alliance kids have no fear of the Dukes... The kids went right out and smacked them in the mouth..... I know the Duke fan base was surprised aboutcome but our kids felt all along they were the better team... Blaine Himmelheber is a great player and is deserving of all his accolades but Alliance had more playmakers and did a great job up front... Proud of our young men.... EBC!
Old 10-27-18, 12:17 PM
All District

Quote:

I am rarely right!! What a great win for the Aviators. I think you have yourselves a program. Good luck in week 11.
Old 10-29-18, 12:05 AM
Junior Varsity

Alliance1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basebaldad View Post
How did that work out for you? Good luck in the playoffs kind sir