Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Girls HS Sports > Softball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 06-19-18, 10:36 PM
Go Buckeyes

Yappi will become famous soon enough
Parents brawled at a youth softball tournament in Kingsport, Tennessee

Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-18, 04:16 AM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
So many fatties battling or trying to intervene No wonder it's only 0:54

Chubby broads screaming add a nice touch to any melee. Looks like suburban Pittsburgh.
Old 06-20-18, 09:42 AM
All World

Irwin20 is on a distinguished road
Dang, surprised no one had a heart attack. I lived near Kingsport for a bit. Not surprised but there are plenty of idiots everywhere.
Old 06-20-18, 09:55 AM
All Yappi

Auggie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irwin20 View Post
Dang, surprised no one had a heart attack. I lived near Kingsport for a bit. Not surprised but there are plenty of idiots everywhere.
Supposedly both these teams were from North Carolina. I feel for the kid trying at the :30 mark trying to pull her parent away from the melee.

I have been involved in a variety of youth club/travel/tournament/ type sports and will say diamond sports parents are the worst. Not sure what happened here but there are a couple things that usually rial up parents in the stands: 1) Base running contact, includes things like bowling over players at home and interference on the base path. 2) Bean balls. 3) Showing off after a HR. 4) Coaches getting into the head of opposing player by claiming they are doing something against the rules that is not being called by the umps.
Old 06-20-18, 10:02 AM
All World

Irwin20 is on a distinguished road
My experience is that as the kids get older the parents tend to chill. I have been around boys/girls basketball, football, girls soccer, baseball, track/field. I don't recall any violence. There are however some teams we've played where I knew parents would probably be . Some back and forth jawin' occurred but nothing serious.
Old 06-21-18, 11:16 PM
Go Buckeyes

Yappi will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irwin20 View Post
My experience is that as the kids get older the parents tend to chill.
I have a similar experience but a little different. From what I have seen, parents are craziest when it's their first time through the youth sports experience. They want their little Johnny or Jenny to get everything. It seems after the first child, they realize that their kids will eventually get what they earn.
Old 06-23-18, 03:01 PM
All Region

mikedyer is on a distinguished road
Once upon a time at a youth wrestling tournament I shook a guy's hand and kinda pulled him in close and asked him:

"Have you ever had your *** whipped at one of these things?"

After I said it he settled down. I felt like I was out of line, but I also felt like I needed to say something before it turned into something like the clip that was posted here.

I've been around youth sports for a real long time and have never actually seen it come to that. I've seen it come really close multiple times.