Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Debate Forum

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 06-22-18, 05:40 AM
All Yappi

winbypin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by chito View Post
I'm getting here late and I haven't read the previous 15 pages, but I'll say this, break the law, and these people are breaking the law, and see if the police don't come and separate you from your children. How many kids are carted off by childrens services when their parent or parents are hauled off for a crime? Where is the outrage then?
That's different. Those people aren't potential new voters for the Dems.
Old 06-22-18, 05:42 AM
All American

Happygoluckky is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by chito View Post
I'm getting here late and I haven't read the previous 15 pages, but I'll say this, break the law, and these people are breaking the law, and see if the police don't come and separate you from your children. How many kids are carted off by childrens services when their parent or parents are hauled off for a crime? Where is the outrage then?
Misdemeanor? Even felonies people are not jailed and kids are not removed much less taken across the country with no knowledge or visitation rights.

Nice try.
Old 06-22-18, 05:44 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happygoluckky View Post
Misdemeanor? Even felonies people are not jailed and kids are not removed much less taken across the country with no knowledge or visitation rights.

Nice try.
How can there be visitation rights? Their parents are under arrest.
Old 06-22-18, 06:41 AM
All American

Hammerdrill is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Nice try.
Iím pretty sure if you are stopped for an omvi and you have your kids with you, your kids will be taken from you. But the real issue here is human trafficking Only someone who is completely cluesless woukd think separateing the kids is a bad idea.
Old 06-22-18, 06:49 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by winbypin View Post
Well, when you're checking a bag or dropping off dry cleaning you're a free person. When you're crossing the border illegally and get caught you're under arrest. Different situations.
Its actually easier to gain illegal access to the US, than it is for a citizen to get on a plane in the US. How crazy is that?
Old 06-22-18, 06:52 AM
All American

Happygoluckky is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerdrill View Post
Iím pretty sure if you are stopped for an omvi and you have your kids with you, your kids will be taken from you. But the real issue here is human trafficking Only someone who is completely cluesless woukd think separateing the kids is a bad idea.
Most people stopped for OVI which is a more serious charge are released pending trial and go back to their kids at home. If kids are in the actual car the circumstances may differ, but your kids certainly would not be removed and sent away to a place with no knowledge and/or ability to track or contact them.
Old 06-22-18, 07:11 AM
All American

Quote:
Most people stopped for OVI which is a more serious charge are released pending trial and go back to their kids at home. If kids are in the actual car the circumstances may differ, but your kids certainly would not be removed and sent away to a place with no knowledge and/or ability to track or contact them.
If they are with you is the only similar scenario. And Iím sure there would be a time where you wouldnít know where exactly they were. But try and focus on the whole issue here, as it relates to the very real problem of human trafficking.
Old 06-22-18, 07:32 AM
All Ohio

chito is on a distinguished road
I'm perfectly fine with jailing them with their parents then immediately deporting the whole lot of them. I'm just saying break the law and see if you're separated from your kids. This same crap happened under the last administration but somehow this has become a Trump policy.
There is a legal path to entering the US.....take that path and none of this happens.
Old 06-22-18, 07:47 AM
All Yappi

lotr10 will become famous soon enough
So an iconic picture circulated around the world to show the evil of Trump's policy is a FAKE. This same picture which Time photo shopped as part of their propaganda attack on Trump is FAKE.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/father-sa...024329900.html

The Honduran toddler pictured sobbing in a pink jacket before U.S. President Donald Trump on an upcoming cover of Time magazine was not separated from her mother at the U.S. border, according to a man who says he is the girl's father.

The powerful original photograph, taken at the scene of a border detention by Getty Images photographer John Moore, became one of the iconic images in the flurry of media coverage about the separation of families by the Trump administration.

Dozens of newspapers and magazines around the globe published the picture, swelling the tide of outrage that pushed Trump to back down Wednesday and say families would no longer be separated.

Valera said the little girl and her mother, Sandra Sanchez, have been detained together in the Texas border town of McAllen, where Sanchez has applied for asylum, and they were not separated after being detained near the border.

Honduran deputy foreign minister Nelly Jerez confirmed Valera's version of events.

NOTHING that the media tells us about Trump or his policies can be believed.
Old 06-22-18, 08:22 AM
All World

Irwin20 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJayFan View Post
You know this child was never separated from her parents right?
Old 06-22-18, 08:33 AM
All Yappi

lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irwin20 View Post

Yep and it's amazing that the original photo of this kid and ICE agents was circulated around the world to show how callous the Trump policy was. People need to check my link about this above and read the story from Yahoo (hardly a pro Trump site) to see how badly they were lied to.
Old 06-22-18, 08:47 AM
All American

I like the title, "Welcome to America" indeed. Where you cannot trust the media to tell you the truth. Which is little different from the country they left!
Old 06-22-18, 08:55 AM
All World

chs1971 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Nice try.
That' not happening in this situation either. Nice try.
Old 06-22-18, 09:29 AM
All Yappi

y2h is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerdrill View Post
If they are with you is the only similar scenario. And Iím sure there would be a time where you wouldnít know where exactly they were. But try and focus on the whole issue here, as it relates to the very real problem of human trafficking.
I don't understand the blindness people have on this issue. Many of these kids are showing up with adults that aren't their parents either as human trafficking or to facilitate entry to the country.

Just wait till some kid gets abused and the left screams " why are you detaining children with adults!"
Old 06-22-18, 09:40 AM
All Region

Max Grumbleman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrycrane View Post
Maxy , you don't think it will hurt the kids being separated from their parents at the young ages they are ? You are talking about their living conditions . I am talking the psychological damage that can and certainly has been done to some of the kids merely from having their parents with them and then suddenly not having them .

I mean some young kids get homesick and feel separation anxiety going away to camp for the first time , this isn't a question of a nice bed and food and a DR. on the premises it goes way deeper than that .

So if it was all a Liberals being hysterical issue and over stating the effect on the kids as you said , why did Trump change course? Does he change his mind on this if that's al it was?

I get the what about them , what about the kids whose parents go away to jail I this country rationalization , but it's specious . Not a parallel argument , and yes the kids of incarcerated parents in this country for other crimes DO SUFFER psychologically as well .
Do you worry about children being separated from their parents any other time? Kids are removed from the parents everyday in this country for myriad reasons, many of which are not lawbreaking.

You mentioned summer camp, should we ban summer camps because they induce too much stress on children?

I don't know why Trump issued the EO. It could be he was tired of hearing about it. It could be it's part of some deal he's worked out behind the scenes. It could be he knew the Democrats wouldn't stop their complaining even if he did, and figured he could get to make them to make fools of themselves for the umpteenth time.

How ironic it is the party that appears to do everything in its power to tear down the nuclear family is suddenly crying about the psychological harm of removing children from their parents. It is peak political opportunism.
Old 06-22-18, 10:15 AM
All World

Gh0st is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Lots of reports of kids being shipped all over...this story is only going to get worse....as citizens report and the story gets out. A political loser

America is (was) better than this!
When was America better than this? This has been the law for decades. It is unlawful to detain these kids for any extended period of time. This was passed in the Clinton years. Never saw you complain about it until now.
Old 06-22-18, 10:58 AM
All World

Gh0st is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irwin20 View Post
Doesn't matter. The picture is inflammatory. Who cares if it's true?
Old 06-22-18, 01:17 PM
Go Buckeyes

Yappi will become famous soon enough
Quote:
The bolded is the most important. You are comparing American citizens with community connections to a homeless non-citizen with no ties to any community in this country.
Old 06-22-18, 01:26 PM
Go Buckeyes

Yappi will become famous soon enough
That article from up above points out an issue that is not being covered. The little girl was taken by her Mother to the United States without her Father's knowledge. The little girl left behind her Dad and three siblings. If things are so bad, why didn't the whole family come? If separating kids from their parents is so evil, why isn't this woman being chastised for taking this little girl away from the Dad?

Maybe that is the emotional distress that caused this little girl to breakdown. She will likely never see her Father or siblings again because of the decision of this selfish woman.
Old 06-22-18, 01:42 PM
All American

Qcity is an unknown quantity at this point
Let's face it, and proclaim it, this whole charade was a well-timed, orchestrated maneuver by the left and their complicit media to overshadow the IG hearings which again illustrated the massive abuse of power and corruption within the obama FBI, DoJ, and CIA. The left-wing media's purposeful dereliction of duty is beyond belief; they are burying themselves in their own slime.
Old 06-22-18, 01:43 PM
All Yappi

MickeyMantle is on a distinguished road
Trump is a despicable piece of trash in every way, but I don't like that Time cover. Photoshop dishonesty. A real photo in context would be better.
Old 06-22-18, 01:50 PM
All World

Purplemojo is on a distinguished road
Why do liberals demand greater rights for illegal immigrants than for US citizens? Don't they know that the State of Ohio has removed many times more children from their parents than the US Border Patrol? Right now in Ohio there are thousands of kids removed from their parents just because they do not have stable housing and/or stable income.

Ohio Citizen: I have no place to live and no money to get a hotel room for me and my two kids = State of Ohio takes your kids

Honduran Immigrant: I have no place to live and no money to get a hotel room for me and my two kids = Liberals wants the US to give them money, food and a place to stay as a family.

Liberals = Anti-American, anti-citizen bigotry and injustice.

Last edited by Purplemojo; 06-22-18 at 02:12 PM.
Old 06-22-18, 01:54 PM
All Ohio

boiler is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplemojo View Post

Liberals = Anti-American, anti-citizen bigotry and injustice.
Second that!
Old 06-22-18, 02:08 PM
Moderated User

GregG is on a distinguished road
Open borders?

Take a peek at what Germany as dealt with, yea thank you not.
Old 06-22-18, 02:29 PM
All World

chs1971 is on a distinguished road
Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people living life in peace ...

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahah a
Old 06-22-18, 02:31 PM
All Yappi

zeeman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMantle View Post
Trump is a despicable piece of trash in every way, but I don't like that Time cover. Photoshop dishonesty. A real photo in context would be better.
So you’ve met him personally then? Or just going off what you’ve read?
Old 06-22-18, 02:34 PM
All Yappi

This image more accurately describes what is really happening. Mommy violated our laws.
Old 06-22-18, 02:37 PM
All Yappi

MickeyMantle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeeman View Post
So youíve met him personally then? Or just going off what youíve read?
As absurd as your premise is, it is painfully obvious to rational people that the president is in no way a decent person compared to societal norms. I'm basing that on listening to him, reading about him, watching him, reading his embarrassing tweets, etc. After all, it is 2018 and there are countless media outlets.
Old 06-22-18, 03:00 PM
All World

jmog is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Nice try.
Did you really just say that when parents that are citizens are arrested they aren't separated from their kids?
Old 06-22-18, 03:01 PM
All Yappi

zeeman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMantle View Post
As absurd as your premise is, it is painfully obvious to rational people that the president is in no way a decent person compared to societal norms. I'm basing that on listening to him, reading about him, watching him, reading his embarrassing tweets, etc. After all, it is 2018 and there are countless media outlets.
So your basing your comments on what youíve seen and read and not firsthand experience. You stated a pretty in depth analysis of him as a person without ever meeting him or talking to him in person. He may well be what you describe, but itís you opinion not based on any real knowledge of the man.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: