Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 01-23-18, 01:45 PM
All Ohio

Ts1960 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by my2sense View Post
Other Massillon posters say that's sam/heff/chiefy under a second account. I don't know but that has been alleged.
Bzzzz wrong answer princess.
Old 01-23-18, 01:47 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
I don't understand the "congrats" applied here. Perry didn't do a thing. Did you send condolences last year when they moved up? Perry didn't catch a bad break last year nor a good one this year. Numbers drive the outcome.

Did Massillon "catch a break" moving down to D2 last year? Or were they assigned a division by the OHSAA based on numbers?
That wasn’t last year that they moved down genius. Do you check facts before you post or it is sewer hole open and fingers type ?
Old 01-23-18, 01:49 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregG View Post
Just wait for the turd to use “glenjoke” or “jacksin”, I’m glad Massillon.com banned him. You can tell he lives a lonely life, now with no more membership at Massillon.com he’s real lonely.

He’s the new Graber in Massillon
Is Massillon.com the site that is moderated by a convicted drug dealer and owned by someone who is banned from the PBTS sidelines with a camera ?
Old 01-23-18, 11:55 PM
All American

jackson03 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ts1960 View Post
2. We already know why Jackson doesn’t want to be “involved” with Massillon yet the hypocrites play Central.
The bad blood between Jackson and Massillon is a lot more severe than the bad blood between Jackson and Central was. Rick Shepas ran his mouth about Jackson not wanting to play the 88% white Massillon Washington because we "didn't like the color of their team picture."

I'd like to see a Massillon/Jackson series, but we're not obligated to play you. Your coach sure seems to like living in Jackson though, so maybe he can extend an olive branch.
Old 01-24-18, 09:02 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ts1960 View Post
The better question is excluding fed teams since over the last 10 years GO and Perry have a set and have set up home and home contracts, who else on Jackson’s schedule could compete with Massillon ?
Boardman competed with you fine, as would Solon, Avon Lake, Hudson, and perhaps Nordonia.

That said... NO, Jackson's schedule could be a LOT better. I am disappointed that we are playing East/Mayfield yet again. We should upgrade as a program and play one gimme game (Canada or whoever) and then one state power game (Solon, Ignatius, anybody).

Quote:
I’ll answer for you since I just want back 10 years on Joe Eitel and looked at Jackson’s schedules, you guys are playing weak non conf games and still have a hard time winning 5-6 games a year. Actually 51 wins over the last 10 years with no playoff wins and you are trying to talk about Massillon ? LMAO get a clue !!
Very glad to hear that Jackson has a winning record even during one of its worst stretches as a program. The 1975-2005 period would tell a different story but whatever. Coach Budd is doing good work raising expectations. Jackson's overall record since the 1930s is around .600 and I hope we keep getting better and have more 7-8+ win seasons.

The reality is Jackson and Massillon are now about the same. But the difference is that Jackson is increasing in enrollment and getting better, while Massillon is decreasing in enrollment and getting worse. The Tigers now have a mid-tier D2 program with declining expectations. Everyone in Massillon did not want to drop down to D2 and I did not want them to drop either. But that's where we are in 2018. The premier prep sports in Stark County are mostly at Jackson and McKinley now. While I want the best for every program in the county, including Massillon, I am not impressed by their singular march through an abysmal Region 7, only to predictably be blown out in the semi-finals. Currently no one is a state power in the county beyond Central, who can compete regularly with the D1/D2 programs because of OUR retrenchment into mediocrity. Of course, Jackson is a state power in numerous non-football sports and there's a very high likelihood that the next great football team out of Stark County will probably be from the Polar Bears (or the Bulldogs, who also field great teams with well-rounded athletes in more than one sport, unlike Massillon). Sorry, that's just how it is.
Old 01-24-18, 09:28 AM
All World

Egret is an unknown quantity at this point
Wow. Such broad generalizations there bud. I'm dizzy over reading some of that lunacy. For the record I am also bothered by our abysmal record in sports other than football. But, I thought that's what the Fed was supposed to do for McKinley. Make other sports better. Sure didn't happen. As far as "improving and declining" nothing I see tells me this is accurate. Our recent record vs. McKinley speaks volumes. Jackson had one football stud that carried you as far as it did. He's gone. Let's see if this "improvement" continues.
Old 01-24-18, 09:50 AM
All Yappi

EastYoungstown will become famous soon enough
What's funny is most still think this has something to do with success on the field.
Old 01-24-18, 10:24 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackson03 View Post
Boardman competed with you fine, as would Solon, Avon Lake, Hudson, and perhaps Nordonia.

That said... NO, Jackson's schedule could be a LOT better. I am disappointed that we are playing East/Mayfield yet again. We should upgrade as a program and play one gimme game (Canada or whoever) and then one state power game (Solon, Ignatius, anybody).

Very glad to hear that Jackson has a winning record even during one of its worst stretches as a program. The 1975-2005 period would tell a different story but whatever. Coach Budd is doing good work raising expectations. Jackson's overall record since the 1930s is around .600 and I hope we keep getting better and have more 7-8+ win seasons.

The reality is Jackson and Massillon are now about the same. But the difference is that Jackson is increasing in enrollment and getting better, while Massillon is decreasing in enrollment and getting worse. The Tigers now have a mid-tier D2 program with declining expectations. Everyone in Massillon did not want to drop down to D2 and I did not want them to drop either. But that's where we are in 2018. The premier prep sports in Stark County are mostly at Jackson and McKinley now. While I want the best for every program in the county, including Massillon, I am not impressed by their singular march through an abysmal Region 7, only to predictably be blown out in the semi-finals. Currently no one is a state power in the county beyond Central, who can compete regularly with the D1/D2 programs because of OUR retrenchment into mediocrity. Of course, Jackson is a state power in numerous non-football sports and there's a very high likelihood that the next great football team out of Stark County will probably be from the Polar Bears (or the Bulldogs, who also field great teams with well-rounded athletes in more than one sport, unlike Massillon). Sorry, that's just how it is.
Lmao when you wake up from fantasy island please join the rest of us in the real world. It’s clear you are too far entrenched in Jackson twp to have a real debate.
Anyone that would think Jackson would have the next great football team is truly ignorant.
Old 01-24-18, 10:26 AM
All World

Egret is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastYoungstown View Post
What's funny is most still think this has something to do with success on the field.

I'm curious. Who actually said that?
Old 01-24-18, 10:37 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egret View Post
Jackson had one football stud that carried you as far as it did. He's gone. Let's see if this "improvement" continues.
Maybe. It's possible Jackson may return to being a 5-5 type team without the Pallottas. They fielded one good defensive unit in 2016 after a string of awful ones since Checca left. If they don't in 2018, it may be a mediocre affair. My assumption is that they are aware of that. Budd wasn't exactly unsuccessful at Highland or Aquinas. So I don't think it'll happen, but I'm not discounting the possibility.

But still, I don't think there's a huge difference between Massillon and Jackson, or Massillon and the rest of the county. I think my analysis is closer to the truth than some people want to admit. Your record against McKinley speaks volumes, Jackson's record against Perry speaks volumes, Perry's record against McKinley speaks volumes, Stark County's entire record in the playoffs speaks volumes, etc. All it says to me is that a lot of teams are about the same. Who breaks out from that and becomes the better program is an open question -- if anyone does at all. It could be the Moore-helmed Tigers. But it equally could be Budd and the Polar Bears. Jackson (or Perry, McK, even NCH or GO) would have run through Region 7 (and then been annihilated by Winton Woods) all the same. Going into the future, Jackson has demographic advantage on their side. Does Massillon?

I'm always supportive of the Tigers on this site but it seems less and less worthwhile. If the answer to reality (as in a massive transfer population and middling performance in the 2010s) is "Jackson sucks"... well, sure. I've listened to and/or watched the Polar Bears through plenty of bad years. And? Why isn't the rest of the county beating us silly, if you guys are so good? Demographics are destiny and the Bears have always been better than they get credit for on here.

And for the record, I think Massillon gives their non-football sports 110% support, despite what people on here say.
Old 01-24-18, 10:40 AM
All World

tom 48 is on a distinguished road
Another thread bites the dust thanks to Stark County.
Old 01-24-18, 10:59 AM
All Yappi

TigerPaw is on a distinguished road
Jackson definitely has enrollment advantage on their side. Which should improve their competitiveness vs. much smaller schools, and has. Still light years from contention in their division. Though long term (ie. looong) there is some reason to be optimistic. Their recent success in other sports has been VERY impressive. Football has just never been their thing. I would like to see them, Hoover, Perry, and GO all do well. Green I don't give a rats about, sorry. We should all be playing each other.
Old 01-24-18, 11:12 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerPaw View Post
Jackson definitely has enrollment advantage on their side. Which should improve their competitiveness vs. much smaller schools, and has. Still light years from contention in their division. Though long term (ie. looong) there is some reason to be optimistic. Their recent success in other sports has been VERY impressive. Football has just never been their thing. I would like to see them, Hoover, Perry, and GO all do well. Green I don't give a rats about, sorry. We should all be playing each other.
That's the only point I was trying to make, but you made it a lot shorter and more succinct. Thank you.

I wanted Massillon over Green in the Fed but now that Green-Lake is a rivalry I guess we'll keep them too. Massillon's CB number is still way too high. Hopefully the biggest schools in the county will do better (not just a Jax problem). I'm out of this thread before I trash it completely.
Old 01-24-18, 11:25 AM
All Yappi

EastYoungstown will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom 48 View Post
loserville.......
Old 01-24-18, 11:42 AM
All Region

TriangleMan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom 48 View Post
It has been given another life for those who want to talk only about CB in 2018

http://www.yappi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=310111
Old 01-25-18, 03:59 PM
Moderated User

sam the butcher is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Other Massillon posters say that's sam/heff/chiefy under a second account. I don't know but that has been alleged.
Look fella, I honestly don't know what I did to offend you but at the rate you bring up my name it's VERY apparent you can't get me off of your mind....

#rentfree