Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Debate Forum

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 05-21-18, 08:40 AM
All Yappi

TigerPaw is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19AL63 View Post
I have read and heard from the liberal side including in post 19 that this "was a pretty big nothing actually." What if things were reversed and this was happening to the Democrats, how big a deal would it be then? And don't lie about this!!!!
What if??? That is all Pubs do is investigate Clintons (both) and Dems in general, LOL. Including tips, leaks, plants, informants, impersonations, every dirty trick in the book. What is there to theorize???

What Dems did NOT do is fire investigators, slander every agency, refuse subpoenas, or to testify, and declare themselves immune from the law. HRC took 12 GOP led investigations, including a grueling 11 hours of televised testimony (which found nothing) and never pled the 5th. How about your boy?

"If things were reversed" Clinton would have been impeached by February with Pubs demanding a new election.
Old 05-21-18, 09:15 AM
All Yappi

lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happygoluckky View Post
If Obama had attacked the DOJ/FBI/CIA and other constitutional norms the GOP would be screaming bloody murder. "I hereby demand...." Holy ship on a biscuit if King Obama said that about anything the GOP house would have separate meeting in a bunker...the reality is he knows the investigation is getting very close to his family and he will do everything possible to protect his own power even if it means sacrificing constitutional norms and the agencies that protect our citizens.

Nunes is a traitor - not even pretending as he is actively exposing sources and obstructing the investigation by leaking intelligence information.

This is what happens when his golf game is cancelled and he watches TV all weekend.
Why would Obama attack these agencies when he could use them against his political enemies?"

Obama was a very smart man and he understood that it's far better to co-opt and use America's intelligence agencies then to try to undermine them. So Obama did something that Nixon could only dream of doing - he recruited the leadership of the FBI, NSA & CIA into working for him, NOT the constitution. He understood that by controlling the DOJ through his appointment of two very pliable Attorney Generals that he could then extend his control to key law enforcement & national security agencies.

Keep in mind that Obama like almost all democrats is a big government fan. He sees no problem in using BIG government to enforce the progressive world view and to lead the charge of culturally changing America. As a big government fan the last thing Obama would do is attack the most potent coercive tools of big government which are the law enforcement & intelligence communities.

But now that Obama has set the precedent and the media has supported the setting of this precedent through it's remarkable lack of journalistic curiosity, future administrations, like Trump's can explore the different ways they could use America's powerful agencies to advance their own personal political ambitions. Welcome to the Brave New World!
Old 05-21-18, 09:38 AM
All American

19AL63 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerPaw View Post
What if??? That is all Pubs do is investigate Clintons (both) and Dems in general, LOL. Including tips, leaks, plants, informants, impersonations, every dirty trick in the book. What is there to theorize???

What Dems did NOT do is fire investigators, slander every agency, refuse subpoenas, or to testify, and declare themselves immune from the law. HRC took 12 GOP led investigations, including a grueling 11 hours of televised testimony (which found nothing) and never pled the 5th. How about your boy?

"If things were reversed" Clinton would have been impeached by February with Pubs demanding a new election.
In your dreams. HRC lied through her teeth for the 11 hours and the good old boys club made by Obama brought no charges even when there was proof without a doubt she broke many laws. So do not tell me that if things were reversed.
Old 05-21-18, 09:50 AM
All Yappi

Obama did not direct FBI or CIA or DOJ, send spies, direct wiretaps or any of your other conspiracy bs. Comey directly spoke to Obama twice in 8 years. Once was to say goodbye after his term. Trump met with him several times, asking for help and pledges of loyalty. Trump is a proven habitual liar, cheat, bully, and scam artist. With barely a fraction of ethics, morals, class, or basic human decency as his predecessor. Your mind is rotted with alternative facts and twisted beyond repair.
Old 05-21-18, 09:50 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neopolitan View Post
Not really. They didn't embed someone in the campaign, so no idea why someone would write a headline implying they did. Seems like lazy, click-bait journalism.

Doesn't read that way to me. Seems like this was a pretty big nothing actually.

Given what we now know about Page, Manafort, and Papadopoulos. it would have been pretty irresponsible for the FBI not to investigate them. I suppose you can take issue with the methods they used, or not informing the candidate, and I wouldn't necessarily disagree with either, but defending the honor of Carter Page or Paul Manafort is probably not the hill to die on.

If a campaign has someone like these guys in their ranks, I certainly hope the intelligence agencies will investigate.
You can't be serious here! You're okay with a sitting administration unleashing the full power & authority of America's law enforcement and counter intelligence apparatus on their main political rival DURING A PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION YEAR? All because of a couple of questionable workers?

So I take it your self professed "conservatism" & "libertarianism" is just a matter of convenience?

BTW here's a long but detailed take on how the Obama administration spied on the Trump campaign & transition team. It makes for interesting reading:

https://www.americanthinker.com/arti...mas_spies.html

Here's the authors conclusion but it's worth reading the entire article to understand how he came to it:

Wretchard tweets something impossible to deny: "The biggest problem with politically weaponizing intelligence agencies is it CREATES a pathway for the foreign takeover of the system. If once a hostile power takes over the WH, it obtains the power to remain indefinitely."

We now have an imaginary crime – collusion – with imaginary evidence and even imaginary defendants. What is not imaginary is the selfish effort to destroy our polity by several handfuls of men and women who abused their positions of trust for intended partisan gain that failed. Give them the hook already.
Old 05-21-18, 10:03 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19AL63 View Post
In your dreams. HRC lied through her teeth for the 11 hours and the good old boys club made by Obama brought no charges even when there was proof without a doubt she broke many laws. So do not tell me that if things were reversed.
"Did Clinton lie to the FBI during their investigation?"
"We have no basis to conclude she lied to the FBI," Comey testified.
"Did Hillary Clinton break the law?" Chaffetz then asked.
"In connection with her use of the email server? My judgment is that she did not," Comey said.

Sorry Charlie, I know. Alternative facts. Deep State. Yadda yadda. Pres. Bone Spur's turn. Maybe he'll get another deferment. You hope.
Old 05-21-18, 10:28 AM
All Yappi

zeeman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
"In connection with her use of the email server? My judgment is that she did not," Comey said.

Sorry Charlie, I know. Alternative facts. Deep State. Yadda yadda. Pres. Bone Spur's turn. Maybe he'll get another deferment. You hope.
Well let's just hear what the IG has to say before we put this to bed
Old 05-21-18, 10:30 AM
All Yappi

zeeman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Obama did not direct FBI or CIA or DOJ, send spies, direct wiretaps or any of your other conspiracy bs. Comey directly spoke to Obama twice in 8 years. Once was to say goodbye after his term. Trump met with him several times, asking for help and pledges of loyalty. Trump is a proven habitual liar, cheat, bully, and scam artist. With barely a fraction of ethics, morals, class, or basic human decency as his predecessor. Your mind is rotted with alternative facts and twisted beyond repair.
Well their is the little matter of the lovers text saying the Comey needed talking points because the big man did want to know everything that the FBI was doing.
Old 05-21-18, 10:33 AM
All American

Raider6309 is on a distinguished road
Yeah the Democrats are corrupt af
Old 05-21-18, 10:58 AM
All Yappi

SWMCinci is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Seems odd when you actually read what was said:
Gowdy: "Secretary Clinton said there was nothing marked classified on her emails either sent or received. Was that true?"
Comey: "That’s not true."
Gowdy: "Secretary Clinton said, ‘I did not email any classified material to anyone on my email. There is no classified material.’ Was that true?"
Comey: "There was classified material emailed."

Comey: "Although there is evidence of potential violations of the statutes regarding the handling of classified information, our judgment is that no reasonable prosecutor would bring such a case."
Comey: "To be clear, this is not to suggest that in similar circumstances, a person who engaged in this activity would face no consequences. To the contrary, those individuals are often subject to security or administrative sanctions. But that is not what we are deciding now."

So, you want to keep repeating your alternate facts?
Old 05-21-18, 11:56 AM
All World

Neopolitan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotr10 View Post
You can't be serious here! You're okay with a sitting administration unleashing the full power & authority of America's law enforcement and counter intelligence apparatus on their main political rival DURING A PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION YEAR?
Where did I say this? I said the FBI should investigate if there are people potentially working as foreign agents attempting to insert themselves into a Presidential campaign. What's the alternative? To never investigate anyone connected with a campaign no matter what? To only do so when the sitting President is from the same political party. Sounds pretty dumb.

Quote:
So I take it your self professed "conservatism" & "libertarianism" is just a matter of convenience?
You need some new material.
Old 05-21-18, 12:54 PM
All District

IamToz15 is on a distinguished road
The situation as I choose to remember it was;

Comey: "I'm investigating Hillary Clinton"
Trump: "You're a great American, keep up the good work"

Later.....

Comey: "I'm investigating you"
Trump: "You're fired"
Old 05-21-18, 01:27 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWMCinci View Post
Seems odd when you actually read what was said:
Gowdy: "Secretary Clinton said there was nothing marked classified on her emails either sent or received. Was that true?"
Comey: "That’s not true."
Gowdy: "Secretary Clinton said, ‘I did not email any classified material to anyone on my email. There is no classified material.’ Was that true?"
Comey: "There was classified material emailed."

Comey: "Although there is evidence of potential violations of the statutes regarding the handling of classified information, our judgment is that no reasonable prosecutor would bring such a case."
Comey: "To be clear, this is not to suggest that in similar circumstances, a person who engaged in this activity would face no consequences. To the contrary, those individuals are often subject to security or administrative sanctions. But that is not what we are deciding now."

So, you want to keep repeating your alternate facts?
I used direct quotes, directly addressing the accusation. Both can't be true.

Yours require context. What was in dispute were a handful of forwarded emails with a (c) buried in the body. Nothing in the headings, as is required. Careless, perhaps. Sanctionable, perhaps. Criminal intent? Of course not. Maybe if they were forwarded to Russians, lol. Just odd that you have no problem with the FAR greater security breaches surrounding this adm. Dozens of Russian contacts. Spies dancing in the oval office. Accidentally revealing sources and methods (Israel). Dozens of people handling top secret info with no clearance whatsoever. But but but Hillary.
Old 05-21-18, 02:15 PM
All Yappi

SWMCinci is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I used direct quotes, directly addressing the accusation. Both can't be true.

Yours require context. What was in dispute were a handful of forwarded emails with a (c) buried in the body. Nothing in the headings, as is required. Careless, perhaps. Sanctionable, perhaps. Criminal intent? Of course not. Maybe if they were forwarded to Russians, lol. Just odd that you have no problem with the FAR greater security breaches surrounding this adm. Dozens of Russian contacts. Spies dancing in the oval office. Accidentally revealing sources and methods (Israel). Dozens of people handling top secret info with no clearance whatsoever. But but but Hillary.
I'm not particularly worried about contacts with Russians because not everyone that contacts Russians is engaged in espionage. Trump was a businessperson with contacts and legal enterprises all over the world.

I was more disturbed about the number of radicals and terrorists that Obama actually entertained and was friends with, but everyone has their primary concerns.

Our governments have dealings with each other, we have treaties, we have trade, we have military alliances in some cases. As we transition from 1 party/person to another inevitably there will be 1st meetings and contacts, etc. If there is evidence or proof that something untoward happened, present it and let the people decide - I felt the same way about Obama's shady dealings.

I was in the military, I had and have clearance. I understand the rules about classified material. I know people that lost their clearance for things that were less onerous than Hillary's "mistakes". Was it criminal? Probably not by itself, was it stupid and reckless? Yes. You do understand that how carelessly she handled Americas secrets allowed dozens of people with no clearance to see that information - so what's your point on that one? If you have a clearance and are trusted with secrets, you are briefed as to what constitutes a state secret. You are told if there is a question, err on the side of caution. If she'd have just followed the rules, no issue - but she thought she was above the rules.
Old 05-21-18, 02:38 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWMCinci View Post
I know people that lost their clearance for things that were less onerous than Hillary's "mistakes". Was it criminal? Probably not by itself, was it stupid and reckless? Yes. You do understand that how carelessly she handled Americas secrets allowed dozens of people with no clearance to see that information - so what's your point on that one? If you have a clearance and are trusted with secrets, you are briefed as to what constitutes a state secret. You are told if there is a question, err on the side of caution. If she'd have just followed the rules, no issue - but she thought she was above the rules.
Yes but she cleaned it up by having everyone killed. What's your beef?
Old 05-21-18, 03:15 PM
All American

jackson03 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
The Constitution. Checks and balances. Independent judiciary. Independent nature of our FBI and Intel. Patriotic whistleblowers and informants. And perhaps as important - a free press. (see amendment #1).

All the things the birther President and habitual liar has attacked while enriching himself and his family from the WH.

The founders were very wise. However, the better question you should ask is what keeps us safe from a Commander in Chief (Dem or Pub) who truly believes he can not obstruct, commit a crime, be subpoenaed, indicted, and has basically declared himself above the law? I thought we settled this with Nixon but maybe not from what I am witnessing.
The founders would be absolutely apoplectic that the FBI existed at all.

Forget about Trump for a second -- even his supporters know he's, at best, a wildly flawed man and president. Are you really comfortable with intelligence agencies spying on candidates? Their history sucks. I mean, the FBI instructed Martin Luther King to commit suicide. The Democrats were once those who constrained the power of the so-called deep state. Clinton was lukewarm towards them but Obama was downright cozy. Why the valorization of these agencies by the left? Over some Facebook ads? Do you want precedents set that the FBI/CIA/NSA are unassailable and "independent" (read: can act with total impunity) under a President Mike Pence?

We live in an era where the richest man in the world runs data collection operations for the CIA, owns the paper of record in the nation's capital, and has aspirations towards virtually controlling the domestic retail market. And we're worried about dip**** Donald Trump Jr. looking for a picture of Hillary Clinton with a bag of money?
Old 05-21-18, 03:17 PM
All District

IcyCoolDevil is on a distinguished road
Yappi, if we could have this added as a header to every post in this forum it would make things a lot less contentious.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamToz15 View Post
The situation as I choose to remember it was
Old 05-21-18, 03:34 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcyCoolDevil View Post
Yappi, if we could have this added as a header to every post in this forum it would make things a lot less contentious.
Quote:
The situation as I choose to remember it was
I would be honored and give my full support to that idea!!!

What makes me chuckle is all the people blasting away at the government as this deep hidden against the people entity...... all would have been standing along the hillside with their buzzcut hair, Buddy Holly glasses, holding their 2-pack-a-day Lucky Strike smoking dad's hand.... eating a caramel apple watching as the Guard gunned down those "long haired God-less hippy freaks" railing the the gov't...... with a smile.... just like their old man.
Old 05-21-18, 03:54 PM
All American

chs1971 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
The Constitution. Checks and balances.
In theory, but in practice is often ignored.

Quote:
Independent judiciary.
Nominated by the President, approved by the Senate, and subject to impeachment. So not completely independent, in theory.

Quote:
Independent nature of our FBI and Intel.
None of which are independent, nor should they be. All report to the President and are subject to Congressional oversight.

Quote:
. And perhaps as important - a free press. (see amendment #1).
Which historically and currently are often controlled by, or in control of, the political parties.
Old 05-21-18, 03:55 PM
All Yappi

A spy J03? Obama cozy with Comey? I didn't take you for a Hannity viewer.

The "valorization" of our top law enforcement agency was always from the conservative right, at least before Trump. But sure since we can no longer trust them going forward we probably should abolish. That could be part of Trumps grand legacy he leaves behind. Ditto CIA and DOJ too I assume? Although somebody has to investigate federal crimes, government crimes, organized crime, national security issues, foreign adversaries etc. Oh I know - Congress!!!
Old 05-21-18, 03:56 PM
All American

chs1971 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Obama did not direct FBI or CIA or DOJ, send spies, direct wiretaps or any of your other conspiracy bs.
How do you know?
Old 05-21-18, 05:02 PM
All American

19AL63 is on a distinguished road
how does TigerPaw know? From what he tells us because both Obama and Hillary can walk on water and can do no wrong just ask him.
Old 05-21-18, 05:10 PM
All American

gneiss rocks is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Yes but she cleaned it up by having everyone killed. What's your beef?
Remember these guys also said the DNC was hacked by Russians and that was proven false from the download speed...it had to be done within the building. How are they allowed to say no when the FBI ask for the evidence of a hack and to see their server?? "Nope you can't see that, we have our own guys."

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2018...h-shawn-lucas/

Last edited by gneiss rocks; 05-21-18 at 05:21 PM.
Old 05-21-18, 05:14 PM
All American

Quote:
A spy J03? Obama cozy with Comey? I didn't take you for a Hannity viewer.

The "valorization" of our top law enforcement agency was always from the conservative right, at least before Trump. But sure since we can no longer trust them going forward we probably should abolish. That could be part of Trumps grand legacy he leaves behind. Ditto CIA and DOJ too I assume? Although somebody has to investigate federal crimes, government crimes, organized crime, national security issues, foreign adversaries etc. Oh I know - Congress!!!
I didn't say Comey. Obama inherited a bloated and dangerous deep state from Bush, and not only refused to curtail their activities, but in other areas willfully expanded them. CIA-led drone strikes, arms running with the Saudis and other into Syria, the crystallization and enshrinement of NSA domestic spying. The man glossed over it with rhetoric -- "supporting insurgencies rarely works out well" -- but then did it anyway. As if it were some kind of fait accompli before it even got to his desk. In a saner news media environment we'd be hearing a lot more about Timber Sycamore and a lot less about Stormy Daniels (both great porn names, to be sure).

The thing I'm getting at is just because it's Trump doesn't mean Dems need to cheerlead something that is dangerous. I don't think there's any such thing as a patriotic informant. Maybe a necessary evil, yes.
Old 05-21-18, 06:19 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackson03 View Post
I didn't say Comey. Obama inherited a bloated and dangerous deep state from Bush, and not only refused to curtail their activities, but in other areas willfully expanded them. CIA-led drone strikes, arms running with the Saudis and other into Syria, the crystallization and enshrinement of NSA domestic spying. The man glossed over it with rhetoric -- "supporting insurgencies rarely works out well" -- but then did it anyway. As if it were some kind of fait accompli before it even got to his desk. In a saner news media environment we'd be hearing a lot more about Timber Sycamore and a lot less about Stormy Daniels (both great porn names, to be sure).

The thing I'm getting at is just because it's Trump doesn't mean Dems need to cheerlead something that is dangerous. I don't think there's any such thing as a patriotic informant. Maybe a necessary evil, yes.
Wait until the light bulb goes off next to Trump's head and he realizes that he can use these agencies to spy on his opposition.

And you are correct jackson03 that it was GW Bush who jacked the Deep States powers up big time and it was Obama who redirected their efforts inward to spy on his political opposition.
Old 05-21-18, 06:23 PM
All Yappi

Hey TigerPaw, Happy, Harry & BJF there's some easy money out there if you can infiltrate the Trump administration for the Deep State:

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog...lper__why.html

It looks like Deep State super spook Stefan Halper was helping himself to quite a bit of tax payer money:

Stefan Halper, the dual U.S.-U.K. citizen who reached out to Trump campaign aides George Papadopoulos and Carter Page, is the international man of mystery when it comes to the origins of the FBI counterintelligence probe of the Trump campaign and presidency. From public records, we know he was receiving hundreds of thousands of dollars a year from the federal government national security apparatus.

He was paid over $400,000 to try to infiltrate the trump campaign. hell for that kind of money maybe even I would turn on the Donald!
Old 05-21-18, 06:50 PM
All Yappi

You are talking policy not corruption J03. Whole nuther debate, and a fair one.

You were not around and I don't if you learned about Nixon at Jackson. So many glaring similarities. Same paranoia. Same attacks on investigators. Same firings. Same attacks on free press. Same LIES and denials. Always saying witch hunt! Same belief he was above the law. And same defenders like lotr10 using the same language and same deep state bs as today. For us Nixon was the original OG, lol. Trump aint new. And I know family friends today who still think tricky dick was a great President, except for...you know.

Thank God for enough good people in the FBI and patriots informants whistleblowers deep throats and The Free Press - who were dogged in their research and reporting.

Best thing Trump could do is shut his mouth act innocent and quit spewing lies but like Nixon he cant and I hope he gets busted. Who doesn't want to see a spoiled rich arrogant bully who insults and calls everyone else a corrupt liar do the perp walk?
Old 05-21-18, 06:51 PM
All Yappi

You were not around and I don't if you learned about Nixon at Jackson. So many glaring similarities. Same paranoia. Same attacks on investigators. Same firings. Same attacks on free press. Same LIES and denials. Always saying witch hunt! Same belief he was above the law. And same defenders like lotr10 using the same language and same deep state bs as today. For us Nixon was the original OG, lol. Trump aint new. And I know family friends today who still think tricky dick was a great President, except for...you know.

Thank God for enough good people in the FBI and patriots informants whistleblowers deep throats and The Free Press - who were dogged in their research and reporting.

Best thing Trump could do is shut his mouth act innocent and quit spewing lies but like Nixon he cant and I hope he gets busted. Who doesn't want to see a spoiled rich arrogant bully who insults and calls everyone else a corrupt liar do the perp walk?
Old 05-21-18, 09:15 PM
All American

Quote:

I don't know what it's like at Jackson now, but at the time I have no doubt if we had done lessons on him at the time that Nixon would have been portrayed in the most favorable light possible.

Of course with Trump it's the same thing. The coverup is worse than the crime (if there even is a crime). And of course Trump is corrupt. But also like Nixon, the other side stinks to high heaven too. Hillary Clinton isn't the worst stand in for Hubert Humphrey. Hey, Hilldawg even trotted out that "RFK got shot in July" deal from '68 when she was running against Obama!
Old 05-21-18, 09:59 PM
All Yappi

the_big_toe will become famous soon enough
So liberals are all a-okay with an in-power administration conducting full-blown investigations of the presidential campaigns of the opposing party (including using informants planted inside the campaign)?

Interesting precedent being set.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: