Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Girls HS Sports > Girls Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-29-12, 10:41 AM
simplyagrizzly simplyagrizzly is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 08-02-02
Posts: 261
simplyagrizzly
Wadsworth vs. Twinsburg

This game is at Wadsworth on Saturday. Any thoughts on who will win this? I know the Grizzlies are ready to end this drought with the Tigers.....
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 11-29-12, 01:00 PM
oldmanfbfan oldmanfbfan is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-03-08
Location: Twinsburg
Posts: 1,227
oldmanfbfan is on a distinguished road
The last 3 meetings have gone to Twinsburg
48-47 @Twinsburg
61-41 @ Wadsworth
45-43 @ Canton regional
Not sure what that says, but the teams always play tough against each other.

If Twinsburg can control Wadsworth from making a ton 3's, it will go in Twinsburg favor. And if Wadsworth's guard's don't turn it over, it'll favor Wadsworth. Turnovers and 3's verse the athleticism and great guard play of Twinsburg. Sounds like a great match up.

Go Tigers
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-29-12, 04:50 PM
THE LIGHT THE LIGHT is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 10-19-10
Posts: 334
THE LIGHT is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyagrizzly View Post
This game is at Wadsworth on Saturday. Any thoughts on who will win this? I know the Grizzlies are ready to end this drought with the Tigers.....
I can not wait for this game......Twinsburg has the best trio of guards in the area and that will be born out this Saturday night. If they took bets on high school games, I would get fat off the money I would make.

Last edited by THE LIGHT; 11-29-12 at 04:51 PM. Reason: Changed word
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-29-12, 11:35 PM
Bballmom08 Bballmom08 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 11-23-08
Posts: 75
Bballmom08 is on a distinguished road
Sounds like a 4-peat is possible. Coach Julie Solis has owned Wadsworth since the days at Cloverleaf
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-30-12, 08:45 AM
20/20 20/20 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-03-05
Location: Suburban League / NE Ohio
Posts: 1,476
20/20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bballmom08 View Post
Sounds like a 4-peat is possible. Coach Julie Solis has owned Wadsworth since the days at Cloverleaf
I assume your "since the days at Cloverleaf" means since she left the Colts. Cloverleaf never beat Wadsworth with Solis at the helm during her brief stint with the Colts.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-30-12, 10:32 AM
Big Bear Big Bear is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 05-03-06
Posts: 121
Big Bear is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE LIGHT View Post
I can not wait for this game......Twinsburg has the best trio of guards in the area and that will be born out this Saturday night. If they took bets on high school games, I would get fat off the money I would make.
Whatever you say.... Wadsworth "can't wait" either
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-01-12, 09:46 PM
THE LIGHT THE LIGHT is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 10-19-10
Posts: 334
THE LIGHT is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
Whatever you say.... Wadsworth "can't wait" either
I bet Wadsworth can wait now. A Twinsburg team that graduated 5 seniors-- and some call that Twinsburg class the greatest class of all time--went into the den of the grizzleys and handled them with little to no problems. The trio of tiger guards surgically removed the teeth of the grizzleys tooth by tooth with the love and care that Jack Hanna of the Columbus Public Zoo would have used. A clear message was sent today that those that thought that Twinsburgs glory days were over, think long and hard about that. Championships are won with superior guard play and Twinsburg certainly has that. I can see another championship for this team
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-01-12, 10:13 PM
oldmanfbfan oldmanfbfan is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-03-08
Location: Twinsburg
Posts: 1,227
oldmanfbfan is on a distinguished road
It was a great game. Score (50-36) does not indicate how close it was. Wadsworth was up 5 starting the 4th and then Twinsburg hit 2 3's, and old fashion 3 and an easy layup of a set play and put the Grizz down 6. This all happened in 2 1/2 minutes and the Tigers never looked back. Wadsworth fouled and Twinsburg made their shots. Twinsburg got a great effort from all their players. The defense shut them down in the 4th Q. Great win Ladies!!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-01-12, 10:25 PM
Hurri-Comet's Avatar
Hurri-Comet Hurri-Comet is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-23-05
Location: Solon, Ohio
Posts: 9,536
Hurri-Comet is on a distinguished road
Yikes!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-01-12, 11:32 PM
MCGal MCGal is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 04-21-01
Posts: 37,879
MCGal
Send a message via AIM to MCGal
Somehow I knew The Light would run off at the mouth with a view that is ludicrous about the game. Thanks to oldmanfb for being the voice of reason like always. Great 4th quarter by the Tigers, but the game was much better than the final score indicates.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 12-01-12, 11:32 PM
Bhudda Bhudda is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-12-01
Posts: 2,953
Bhudda
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE LIGHT View Post
,,,,,,,,,,,,-went into the den of the grizzleys and handled them with little to no problems.:
You obviously didn't see the game to make such an ignorant comment.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-01-12, 11:44 PM
ILOVELBASKETBALL ILOVELBASKETBALL is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 06-03-10
Posts: 115
ILOVELBASKETBALL is on a distinguished road
Halftime Wadsworth was up 23-22. They were also up by 8 in the third and Twinsburg closed the lead in the 4th as they decided to play team basketball. Number 25 for Wadsworth was relentless and number 24 always seemed to find a way to get her shots off. I was very impressed with the coaching of Wadsworth as they were up by 8 he went into huddle and asked his team what's the score and they all repeated zero to zero each quarter they were winning and they gave their all. Twinsburg, have great guard play but they need to be more collective. The post play was very nice today and I was happy to see that from Dunnigan who was "I believe" 9-10 from the free throw line. That really helped keep Twinsburg in the game. It was worth the $6.00 and Kruse, and Mentor amongst other coaches were in the building. Solon is next...
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-02-12, 12:33 AM
THE LIGHT THE LIGHT is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 10-19-10
Posts: 334
THE LIGHT is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCGal View Post
Somehow I knew The Light would run off at the mouth with a view that is ludicrous about the game. Thanks to oldmanfb for being the voice of reason like always. Great 4th quarter by the Tigers, but the game was much better than the final score indicates.
Who won the game and by how much......thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 12-02-12, 12:38 AM
THE LIGHT THE LIGHT is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 10-19-10
Posts: 334
THE LIGHT is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhudda View Post
You obviously didn't see the game to make such an ignorant comment.
you are right...I did not see the game...but the score is what the score is. If I am not wrong, The PD and other individuals had this team dead and buried. Well the score tonight indicates to me that despite all of the people that graduated from the Twinsburg program last year, the program is still alive and this team has the ability to win another state title this season.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 12-02-12, 04:18 PM
MCGal MCGal is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 04-21-01
Posts: 37,879
MCGal
Send a message via AIM to MCGal
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILOVELBASKETBALL View Post
Halftime Wadsworth was up 23-22. They were also up by 8 in the third and Twinsburg closed the lead in the 4th as they decided to play team basketball. Number 25 for Wadsworth was relentless and number 24 always seemed to find a way to get her shots off. I was very impressed with the coaching of Wadsworth as they were up by 8 he went into huddle and asked his team what's the score and they all repeated zero to zero each quarter they were winning and they gave their all. Twinsburg, have great guard play but they need to be more collective. The post play was very nice today and I was happy to see that from Dunnigan who was "I believe" 9-10 from the free throw line. That really helped keep Twinsburg in the game. It was worth the $6.00 and Kruse, and Mentor amongst other coaches were in the building. Solon is next...
We must have been sitting pretty close to each other considering what you posted here lol. Pretty good wrap-up of the game... Goddard had a great first half, credit to Twinsburg for making adjustments to slow her down.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 12-02-12, 04:19 PM
MCGal MCGal is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 04-21-01
Posts: 37,879
MCGal
Send a message via AIM to MCGal
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE LIGHT View Post
you are right...I did not see the game...but the score is what the score is. If I am not wrong, The PD and other individuals had this team dead and buried. Well the score tonight indicates to me that despite all of the people that graduated from the Twinsburg program last year, the program is still alive and this team has the ability to win another state title this season.
you weren't even there... Twinsburg's #1 fan didn't come to one of the biggest games early in the year? .... NO ONE had this team dead and buried. I don't know where you're coming up with this stuff. All you're doing (especially by taking the final score and making a statement like you did earlier that bhudda and I called you out on) is showing you know very little about the game of basketball. That in and of itself is no big deal but in the process you're disrespecting a great game and the efforts by BOTH teams' kids last night.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 12-02-12, 08:13 PM
THE LIGHT THE LIGHT is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 10-19-10
Posts: 334
THE LIGHT is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCGal View Post
you weren't even there... Twinsburg's #1 fan didn't come to one of the biggest games early in the year? .... NO ONE had this team dead and buried. I don't know where you're coming up with this stuff. All you're doing (especially by taking the final score and making a statement like you did earlier that bhudda and I called you out on) is showing you know very little about the game of basketball. That in and of itself is no big deal but in the process you're disrespecting a great game and the efforts by BOTH teams' kids last night.
This is a direct quote from the Cleveland Plain Dealer Locker Room edition of the sports page Thursday November 22, 2012 Page D8 by Bob Fortuna......"Many believe the Tigers glory days are over, but Ashley Morrissette, Char'Dell Dunnigan, Brook Thompson -Smith, Mercedes Hobbes, and Baleigh Reed have other ideas." On the subject of going to games, I like to look at film on the games that they play so that I can run it back and forth looking for flaws in different players games. My training methods and their results speak for themselves. In terms of the game score against Wadsworth, a 14 point loss is a 14 point loss no matter how close the game was played. If the game was as close as you say, what happened to create that 14 point gap at the end of the game. A lot of people just assumed that when we graduated those 6 seniors, that Twinsburg would not be any good. WELL I HAVE NEWS FOR YOU AND EVERYONE ELSE THAT CAN HEAR THIS MESSAGE, WE INTEND TO GET BACK TO COLUMBUS BECAUSE WE HAVE WHAT I CALL SUPERIOR GUARD PLAY. What I know about the game of basketball speaks to how well I have trained and prepared one specific player. The last point you made about calling me out, I really do not pay attention to that type of stuff. From my point of view when you play the game of basketball, it is played from the point of view that IT IS A ZERO SUM GAME........SOMEONE WINS AND SOME LOSES. Despite the haters out there, Twinsburg won last night and that team is undefeated.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 12-02-12, 09:44 PM
MCGal MCGal is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 04-21-01
Posts: 37,879
MCGal
Send a message via AIM to MCGal
1) Someone who misses one of the team's biggest games should not say "we"

2) Fortuna is just doing 'good journalism'. If you talked to anyone in the basketball circles this summer or fall, no one would have said Twinsburg would be 'down' or 'bad' or any such thing.

3) Your 'training' methods? No one said anything about that.

4) You asked how the game got to 14 points? Easy answer, forced desperation shots by Wadsworth and strong ft shooting by Twinsburg. If you're so 'in' with the program, talk to Coach Solis and ask about the game. You'll quickly see how wrong you are.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 12-03-12, 12:56 AM
THE LIGHT THE LIGHT is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 10-19-10
Posts: 334
THE LIGHT is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCGal View Post
1) Someone who misses one of the team's biggest games should not say "we"

2) Fortuna is just doing 'good journalism'. If you talked to anyone in the basketball circles this summer or fall, no one would have said Twinsburg would be 'down' or 'bad' or any such thing.

3) Your 'training' methods? No one said anything about that.

4) You asked how the game got to 14 points? Easy answer, forced desperation shots by Wadsworth and strong ft shooting by Twinsburg. If you're so 'in' with the program, talk to Coach Solis and ask about the game. You'll quickly see how wrong you are.
It is senseless going over this with you. seeing that I am in with the program, no need to explain myself further. you have your thoughts, I have mine. By the way, 14 points is 14 points. In terms of talking to Coach Solis, I speak to her all the time.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 12-03-12, 06:33 AM
madworld madworld is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 01-02-10
Posts: 469
madworld is on a distinguished road
14 points is 14 points.
The entertainment value is remarkable on a few of these threads and they have a common theme.
Also I'm pretty sure coaches understand a loss is a loss but they also will tell you the final margin doesn't always tell the whole story.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 12-03-12, 08:53 AM
slfan1 slfan1 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 11-13-02
Posts: 201
slfan1
One of the Wadsworth players collided with a Twinsburg player and was down for awhile... later she went back in the game.... she is now in ICU for at least a few days with a tear in her liver...probably out for at least 2 months...

Let's think about her and quit all the snide remarks about how great Twinsburg is this year....
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 12-03-12, 09:50 AM
oldmanfbfan oldmanfbfan is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-03-08
Location: Twinsburg
Posts: 1,227
oldmanfbfan is on a distinguished road
Very sorry to hear that news. I hope the best for the young lady and she will be in my prayers. Get well soon!!!
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 12-03-12, 10:21 AM
User13 User13 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 09-23-01
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 3,610
User13
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE LIGHT View Post
A Twinsburg team that graduated 5 seniors-- and some call that Twinsburg class the greatest class of all time--went into the den of the grizzleys and handled them with little to no problems.
Pretty dumb comment given that Wadsworth was up 5 starting the 4th quarter. Then again, why pay attention to someone who didn't even see the game?
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 12-03-12, 03:13 PM
THE LIGHT THE LIGHT is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 10-19-10
Posts: 334
THE LIGHT is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by User13 View Post
Pretty dumb comment given that Wadsworth was up 5 starting the 4th quarter. Then again, why pay attention to someone who didn't even see the game?
That's your opinion. You are entitled to it. However, great teams overcome adversity and find ways to win. Until someone knocks Twinsburg off, they are still the top team division one in the state of Ohio. Sorry to hear about the young lady from Wadsworth.....many prayers and thoughts go out to her and her family.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 12-03-12, 03:30 PM
20/20 20/20 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-03-05
Location: Suburban League / NE Ohio
Posts: 1,476
20/20
Quote:
Originally Posted by slfan1 View Post
One of the Wadsworth players collided with a Twinsburg player and was down for awhile... later she went back in the game.... she is now in ICU for at least a few days with a tear in her liver...probably out for at least 2 months...(
I feel so badly for the young lady from Wadsworth. The game was an intense one with the Lady Grizzlies laying it all out there and just couldn't close the deal against a very solid and impressive Twinsburg team. This is the same player who tore a hamstring before the Grizzly's playoff run last year and missed all of that excitement. It is her senior year.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 12-03-12, 05:39 PM
mcjab mcjab is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 10-08-09
Posts: 37
mcjab is on a distinguished road
you can watch the game in its entirety at Wadsworth Community Television video on demand web site http://my.pegcentral.com
on the all folders drop down menu, click on WHS Girls Basketball
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 12-03-12, 06:46 PM
User13 User13 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 09-23-01
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 3,610
User13
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcjab View Post
you can watch the game in its entirety at Wadsworth Community Television video on demand web site http://my.pegcentral.com
on the all folders drop down menu, click on WHS Girls Basketball
Nice. Thanks for the link! Final score was 50-36. The game was even until the fourth period and Wadsworth self destructed. They missed a bunny at the end of the third and missed free throws in the fourth. The Grizzlies scored just two points in the final period.

Both teams are very good, as are Fairmont, Reynoldsburg, and others.

Last edited by User13; 12-03-12 at 07:50 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 12-04-12, 06:07 PM
MCGal MCGal is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 04-21-01
Posts: 37,879
MCGal
Send a message via AIM to MCGal
Quote:
Originally Posted by slfan1 View Post
One of the Wadsworth players collided with a Twinsburg player and was down for awhile... later she went back in the game.... she is now in ICU for at least a few days with a tear in her liver...probably out for at least 2 months...

Let's think about her and quit all the snide remarks about how great Twinsburg is this year....
Prayers and positive thoughts for this young lady
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 12-04-12, 06:50 PM
MCGal MCGal is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 04-21-01
Posts: 37,879
MCGal
Send a message via AIM to MCGal
Watched the 4th quarter again on that video, it wasn't even a 4th quarter crash, it was a last 3:42 crash. Wadsworth had a lead midway through the quarter, Booth hit a nice post shot, and it all went downhill fast from there. Credit to Morrisette, she took over when players of her caliber should take over.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:50 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz