Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Wrestling

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 03-26-12, 03:27 PM
All Ohio

keithcarter is on a distinguished road
Praise to Coaches

I just received an email from a Grand Mother in Nebraska prasing the Ohio Lightning coaches. I asked and received her permission to post her letter on here. Many times all we receive is negative feed back. I would like to personally think the Ohio Lightning coaching staff, for great things they are doing not only teaching young wrestlers to be better wrestlers but teaching these boys how to be a great person. Thank you to the Hicken family from USA-Ohio.

I know coaches across our great state are doing these same things so this is also a thank you to all of them.
Please read the email below. Thank you to all coaches.

After returning from the USA Middle School in Danville IL I felt compelled to contact your organization.
My grandson competed in the USA State tournament in Nebraska. Unfortunately he did not qualify for either the red or blue team. He came in third. The Nebraska coach decided to take him as an alternate. His coach found out that the Ohio Lightening team was open in the 160 weigh class and offered Cole to fill the position, knowing his points would not be counted but to give Cole the experience of a life time.
Cole’s record for the tournament was 3 wins and 3 losses. (One of the wins was against the boy who had beaten him in the Ne State Tournament).
My reason for contacting your organization is that I want to make sure that the Coaches and teammates
on the Ohio Lightening team were acknowledged for their treatment of Cole.
Both my husband and I were extremely impressed by their acceptance of Cole as a teammate. In fact the only way that one could tell that Cole was not an “official” team member was by his singlet. The boys included him in everything, applauding his wins and supporting his losses. I have been involved in wrestling for 25 years. I have seen plenty of good coaches and really bad coaches, ones that scream and holler at the kids and disrespect the referees. All I can say about the Ohio Lightening coaches is that I wished they lived in Nebraska. I would send Cole to wherever they were coaching. The respect they showed to the other coaches, teammates and the referees was commendable. Too often really great coaches go unrecognized and I did not want this to happen. They had even invited Cole to join them for supper on Saturday night. Unfortunately he was unable to go.
Cole had a positive experience that he will remember for the rest of his life and the Ohio Lightening team and coaches were the biggest part of it.
Thanks again,
Rozanne Mickey
Cole’s grandma
Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-12, 04:03 PM
All Ohio

Combat Nerd is on a distinguished road
Old 03-26-12, 05:55 PM
All World

Joe Daugherty is on a distinguished road
The apple doesn't fall to far from the tree! Great coaches and great people!
Old 03-26-12, 09:24 PM
All World

cruiser_96 is on a distinguished road
Love it. Congrats, coaches. Job well done.