Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Debate Forum

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 12-10-18, 08:41 AM
All World

Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Attacked? It was stating a fact. No one cares what you tweet just like they don't care what I tweet. Attacked
Old 12-10-18, 08:48 AM
All Ohio

JcksnPlrBrs2002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
Attacked? It was stating a fact. No one cares what you tweet just like they don't care what I tweet. Attacked
Old 12-10-18, 08:50 AM
All Yappi

fish82 will become famous soon enoughfish82 will become famous soon enough
You'd think that JcksnMud would finally get the fact that he simply isn't very good at sarcasm, or humor in general.

Sad!
Old 12-10-18, 08:53 AM
All World

Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
He's constantly crying about things on Yappi so it's pretty difficult to discern when it's a joke and when it's serious.
Old 12-10-18, 11:50 AM
All Yappi

BlueJayFan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by D4fan View Post
What's the difference if a 21 year old winner of the Heisman tweeted stuff 7 years earlier vs a comedian tweeted something 15-20 years ago?

And his tweets were back when we were still allowed to have a sense of humor.

As social acceptable standards change, I don't like going back and catching someone for doing what was legal or acceptable at the time and holding it over their head.
One would be from a man in his 30s That has been in the entertainment industry for a decade, is old enough to do research and properly form opinions, has clearly been around the people being mentioned in the tweet, etc.

The other is a 14/15 year old boy who can’t even drive yet
Old 12-10-18, 11:54 AM
All Yappi

fish82 will become famous soon enoughfish82 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJayFan View Post
Well they’re ridiculous.
Well, you people set the rules, so...
Old 12-10-18, 01:19 PM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by D4fan View Post
What's the difference if a 21 year old winner of the Heisman tweeted stuff 7 years earlier vs a comedian tweeted something 15-20 years ago?

And his tweets were back when we were still allowed to have a sense of humor.

As social acceptable standards change, I don't like going back and catching someone for doing what was legal or acceptable at the time and holding it over their head.
When JB asked Murray about those yesterday I just had to flip the channel.

Newsflash: 14/15 yr old says something that may be offensive to some.

SUre glad we didn't have camera phones, twetter, fb and such when I was in school.

This will only get worse before it ever gets better and look for it to get really deep in the political world!
Old 12-19-18, 08:59 AM
All World

14Red is on a distinguished road
I hope Hollywood sees the irony of their ways. The PC police have made it nearly impossibly for anyone to be thrust into any position. As soon as anyone gains any kind of notariaty, their past is combed over with a fine tooth comb and any slightly inappropriate comment shuts things down.
Now here's where it gets interesting. The rules have changed. It was pretty common for comedians and others to have an opinion on gays and lesbians. Now it's a death sentence. Oh you can think it, but you can't say a word anymore. Of course unless you are completely on board with it. SMH...
Old 12-19-18, 09:12 AM
All Yappi

TigerPaw is on a distinguished road
We've evolved. Gay humor is the new racist humor. When I grew up N jokes were as common as knock knocks, sadly as I look back now.

I agree however that context matters, funny is funny (though it better land), and pc or boundaries in general have little place in comedy.
Old 12-19-18, 09:22 AM
All Yappi

SWMCinci is on a distinguished road
Who cares? Kevin Hart is funny. He has a right to not like gays, blacks, whites, Asians, women, religion, or fences...…

He's not being paid to determine national policy, he's not being paid to hunt down homos. He's being paid to host an event and be funny. For all the people that were supportive of Michele Wolf, were they supportive because she was black, a woman, or because she hated Donald Trump and everything that is in his orbit? Joy Behar has said hateful things about men and conservatives, should she immediately resign because nothing she says is funny or factual? Should all Democrats resign because they don't support any of Trump's policies?

Shouldn't every gay person that has said something bad about heterosexual people, religious people, or Chik-fil-A automatically be excluded from anything? People have a right to not support some people, agendas, or viewpoints. They don't have to attend, they can discuss their displeasure, they can spend their money elsewhere - but should their narrowmindedness dictate personnel decisions?
Old 12-19-18, 11:43 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerPaw View Post
We've evolved. Gay humor is the new racist humor. When I grew up N jokes were as common as knock knocks, sadly as I look back now.

I agree however that context matters, funny is funny (though it better land), and pc or boundaries in general have little place in comedy.
If you go back and look at the root of most humor, it's based in some sort of slight vs. a group of people. Unfortunately, the PC culture today is made up of unhappy people who can't take a joke.
Jews, catholics, women, men, gays, italians, you name it, unless you are one of that group, you can't joke about it, which is too bad. Look at the comedy's of the 70's. All in the Family, The Jeffersons, Sanford & Son, Three's Company, all shows where some group was picked at. It's comedy!! Lighten up people!
Old 12-19-18, 12:00 PM
All American

Raider6309 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Kids use the N word more today than the past. If you make something bad, people will say it more.
Old 12-19-18, 01:41 PM
All American

Zunardo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
We've evolved. Gay humor is the new racist humor.
If that's the case, then I'm curious why there haven't been any special-interest groups boycotting current TV game shows like "Funny You Should Ask" or "America Says".

There are frequent humorous references to homosexuality on there. Like asking if there were any female outlaws in the Old West who pretended to be men, and a comedian responds with "Yes - "seriously butch" Cassady. [rimshot]". And when there is an obviously gay team of male contestants. John Michael Higgins will come right out and saw, "You guys are really - NOT - straight, are you?", and hilarity will ensue - and the constestants will ham it up even more.

Quote:
When I grew up N jokes were as common as knock knocks, sadly as I look back now.
Either I hung out with some serious squares, or you grew up with a wild crowd - maybe both. I did hear N-word jokes but thankfully very very rarely.
Old 12-19-18, 02:09 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider6309 View Post
Kids use the N word more today than the past. If you make something bad, people will say it more.
Kids are now smoking more than ever, it's call vaping. We've told people smoking was bad for them since the late 60's and it doesn't work. Same with drugs. Many people just will do the opposite of what smart people tell them to do.
Old 12-19-18, 02:46 PM
All World

Gh0st is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_buffalo View Post
More PC bull$hit.

I just heard that many radio stations were banning the Christmas song "Baby, It's Cold Outside".

$hit's getting weird...

I thought that happened a few years ago. People were afraid it would trigger all the rapists like some sort of Manchurian candidate.
Old 12-20-18, 09:08 PM
Controller

EagleFan will become famous soon enoughEagleFan will become famous soon enough

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: