Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  
Old 07-12-19, 02:21 PM
Junior Varsity

Woogie is on a distinguished road
Will Eric Flannery get a call from CSU?

My guess is St Eds Head Coach Eric Flannery gets a call, he was finalist last time around . Think that is a great fit.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-19, 01:59 PM
All World

Carl Rick is on a distinguished road
He is one of the few HS coaches he would get considered. His USA Basketball experience helps him. The key to success for that job is to keep enough Cleveland area talent in town.
Old 07-13-19, 03:11 PM
All Yappi

tom 48 will become famous soon enough
The CSU basketball program is pretty much a no-win situation unless it gets someone in the Sports Information Dept to start doing his/her job and the university deciding how much effort they are willing to invest. How many people knew the name of the recently fired coach? How many articles about CSU basketball have been in the PD or cleveland.com, both of which have totally surrendered to OSU exclusively. The entire university suffers from lack of publicity; no one hears any information about CSU. Their PR dept is the worst in the country, and they are getting no favors from local news coverage. So, if Flannery has any desire to coach in college ( for which he is eminently qualified), he should avoid Cleveland State at all cost. It's a graveyard.

Last edited by tom 48; 07-13-19 at 03:21 PM.
Old 07-13-19, 07:33 PM
All Ohio

bbfan29 is on a distinguished road
What was the reason given for the firing of the current coach? Also, I would include the Mentor Coach Krizancic as a potential candidate.
Old 07-13-19, 09:12 PM
Junior Varsity

I heard players didn’t like him. Also a lot of players have entered the transfer portal.
Old 07-14-19, 12:26 PM
All Ohio

bbfan29 is on a distinguished road
IMO, CSU needs to hire a coach who is a program builder instead of hiring a guy that comes in, recruits JUCO players that could possibly get quick results, then move on to the next level after a couple of years & then the next guy starts the process all over again.These kinds of coaches are not program builders, who can recruit HS standouts & build a long term successful program. If you look at the 2 most successful HS coaches, Flannery & Krizancic, they are truly program builders that are successful year after year. I,m not saying CSU should hire either of these coaches, however, they should accept some advice from them, judging from their success. They are local & very experienced & extremely knowledgeable in basketball IQ. After all, DI HS basketball is just one level below college level.Just my opinion.
Old 07-15-19, 08:41 PM
All Region

Curious One is on a distinguished road
Tough job to accept! Are the expectations for this dumpster fire realistic? What kind of timeline does the AD have and what sort of resources will be committed? Are they truly interested in building a program or just having D1 basketball? They need to accept that this year is a total wash with their top 4 returnees all in the transfer portal! Without those assurances, why would anyone take the job?
Old 07-16-19, 09:48 AM
Junior Varsity

What’s the job pay , I wonder ...