Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  
Old 07-09-19, 09:47 AM
All District

Cats6thMan is on a distinguished road
Swbl

Thoughts? Franklin in D1 again this year. 4 less boys they would have been D2.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-19, 12:17 PM
All World

CometCountry is on a distinguished road
OHSAA Basketball should have 5 divisions--coaches association has petitioned for it since the 90's. The big D1 schools have a massive advantage over the smaller D1 schools like Franklin, Turpin, Mt. Healthy, Anderson, Kings etc... when it comes to tourney time. All those schools have strong football teams and can make a playoff push because they are all D2 in football--not sure why basketball can't have 5 divisions--I'm guessing it's a $'s concern to run another division tourney up through Columbus. Thoughts?
Old 07-10-19, 08:56 AM
All Region

BucksFan937 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CometCountry View Post
OHSAA Basketball should have 5 divisions--coaches association has petitioned for it since the 90's. The big D1 schools have a massive advantage over the smaller D1 schools like Franklin, Turpin, Mt. Healthy, Anderson, Kings etc... when it comes to tourney time. All those schools have strong football teams and can make a playoff push because they are all D2 in football--not sure why basketball can't have 5 divisions--I'm guessing it's a $'s concern to run another division tourney up through Columbus. Thoughts?
Discussing Franklin there is even more of a disparity between football and basketball. They are D1 in basketball but they are actually D3 in football, and they were 28 boys from being D2, so it wasn't like it was right on the line. I'm not sure the reasoning of not going to more divisions for basketball, but if they did I think it would be a good improvement.
Old 07-11-19, 12:22 AM
All World

cincyhoops is on a distinguished road
They don’t even need more divisions, just don’t have to have same amount of teams in each division.
Old 07-11-19, 06:23 AM
All Region

BucksFan937 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyhoops View Post
They donít even need more divisions, just donít have to have same amount of teams in each division.
That makes sense to me and would help the issue. Would be an easy fix really.
Old 07-11-19, 08:06 AM
All World

cincyhoops is on a distinguished road
Even if you double the number of teams in a division it would only add one more round to the tourney for that division. Not a big deal. Use a bell curve. D1 and D4 would probably have smaller amounts of teams. D2 and D3 would have more teams. I’m sure there’s some mathematical formula that could be used to distribute teams so that they are in divisions without such huge differences in enrollment. And then allow anyone who wants to move up to D1 the option to do so.