Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  
Old 06-17-19, 04:11 PM
Go Buckeyes

Yappi will become famous soon enoughYappi will become famous soon enough
How many travel games Spring/Summer?

What is the right amount of travel games for a team in the Spring/Summer season?
Sponsored Links
Old 06-17-19, 09:07 PM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yappi View Post
What is the right amount of travel games for a team in the Spring/Summer season?
I think it is idiotic my 13 yr old is going to play more games this spring/summer than my nephew who was on a team who went to state and started his summer season 4 days after the spring season ended.

What is the right amount? I would have to think about it, but 13 yr old kids shouldn't play more games than 17 yr olds
Old 06-23-19, 11:30 AM
All Region

mikedyer is on a distinguished road
Watch your tongue, "thavoice."

There are profiteers out there whose livelihood depends on the promise of a gazillion dollar scholarship being given to a 12 year old who competes in a nonrevenue sport.

Seen any of them?

A guy's gotta eat, right?
Old 06-24-19, 08:57 AM
All Ohio

NewOldBlood is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by thavoice View Post
I think it is idiotic my 13 yr old is going to play more games this spring/summer than my nephew who was on a team who went to state and started his summer season 4 days after the spring season ended.

What is the right amount? I would have to think about it, but 13 yr old kids shouldn't play more games than 17 yr olds
Some of this is because high school age kids can't start playing until after the last game of the school season. Because of this, most 16 and 18u tournaments won't start until the first week of June. 10u-14u can be a free for all with tournaments starting as early as April. I usually feel like 6-7 tournaments in the summer and 3-5 in the fall is more than enough. If you have a good team, that could end up being 60-80 games. Travel baseball is a different animal too. I think as a whole they play less game because of time, pitch counts, availability of fields, etc..

At the end of the day, it's up to you and your daughter. What do you think is enough? How much does she want to play? You'll know pretty quickly if she starts complaining about how much she's playing and she never gets to do anything else. There are enough teams out there to meet just about anybody's needs. The girls my daughter plays with very quickly became her best friends and that's were she wanted to be on the weekends. For us as parents its not always fun but that's what we do for our kids. My daughter is just about finished with travel ball and truthfully I'm looking forward to having my summers back and being able to use vacation days for an actual vacation.
Old 06-24-19, 09:36 AM
All Ohio

HSFB Fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yappi View Post
It depends on age and level of team.

Most A level programs will have 2/3 good pitchers and play a little longer in tournaments than the average B level or lower team thus getting more games. HS age cannot start until June so they only get a couple months.

Under 14U A level teams seem to play year around.
4/6 tournaments April - May spring. summer June- July 4/6 tournaments.
40 TO 50 games.

At HS Age 5/6 summer tournaments 25/35 games per Summer.
If you average 4 games per tournament at a min.

If you add in fall ball and winter you could get anther 20+ games.
Some teams even played in double header leagues during the week back when we played. 8 weeks 16 games.