Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Wrestling

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 12-16-14, 01:38 PM
Freshman

mcampo32 is on a distinguished road
Bowling Green Bobcat Duals

Teams?
Sponsored Links
Old 12-16-14, 09:54 PM
All Region

coachjw
What I was told
Bowling Green
Anthony Wayne
Avon
Bellevue
Bryan
Clay (minus ironman entries)
Dunbar
Fireland
Gibsonurg
Graham B
Harvey
Maumee
Otsego
Padua
Sandusky
St. Ed B
St. Ignatius B
Southview
West Geauga
Waite
Old 12-16-14, 09:58 PM
Varsity

OhioWrestlingNews is on a distinguished road
Ohio Wrestling News will be on site at Bowling Green and posting results, articles, and some video clips over the two day event.
Old 12-17-14, 10:09 AM
Junior Varsity

Switch_106 is on a distinguished road
Padua probably a clear favorite here; Followed by Graham B, Clay, Eds B
Old 12-17-14, 10:48 AM
Varsity

Agreed Padua is the clear favorite.

Graham last year only sent 7-8 wrestlers and lost most duals due to forfeits. We could imagine much of the same likely.

Last year was also a blended St. Ed B and C.

Anthony Wayne has large numbers and several above average individuals, solid enough to win alot of duals.

Avon is much the same, growing program with several tough seniors and did well here last year.

The bottom 10 to the top 10 is a dramatic difference, but alot of matches for wrestlers and great for our sport.

BG does a great job as host and OWN covers it due to the quality of individuals spread out throughout the 20 teams. More individual power then team power.
Old 12-17-14, 10:55 AM
Junior Varsity

Switch_106 is on a distinguished road
OWN do you have a list of some individuals to look out for here??
Old 12-17-14, 10:58 AM
Varsity

The BG Duals preview will be posted Friday December 19 at www.ohiowrestlingnews.com.

Still gathering line-ups from various coaches in the field. ALOT of smaller schools with standout wrestlers that most do not get picked up by the media until they make a splash in Columbus.
Old 12-17-14, 11:26 AM
All Ohio

TakedownFor2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Club 301 View Post
Waite:

These kids will win a Bunch of matches

complete starting line-up
106-Dylan Rathburn-Freshman
113-Krys Young-Senior
120-Tristan Snider-Senior
126-Jym Douanglee-Soph
132-Juan Moreno-Junior
138-Mike Gage-Soph
145-James Johnson-Junior
152-Nick Jensen-Senior
160-Eduardo Jackson-Junior
170-Anthony Reigle-Senior
182-Josh Kendall-Soph
195-JatWan Morris-Soph
220-Jovan Sanson-Senior
Hwt- Jesus Benavidez-Junior

They will have a backup at each weight with three at some. Remeber this is only a second year team so the names don't stick out.
With all due respect what makes you think they will win a bunch of matches?
Old 12-17-14, 11:35 AM
All Region

oldtimer1989 is on a distinguished road
Understanding the quality of the other teams....I agree that waite will do well...probably top 4-5
Old 12-17-14, 11:56 AM
Freshman

mcampo32 is on a distinguished road
avon has a really good team
Old 12-17-14, 12:22 PM
All District

Club 301 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakedownFor2 View Post
With all due respect what makes you think they will win a bunch of matches?
Sorry when i first typed it it only had 4 names for kids who should win a bunch of matches it wasnt the whole team.

106-Dylan Rathburn
113-Krys Young
132-Juan Moreno
145-James Johnson

Sorry for the confussion
Old 12-17-14, 12:49 PM
Varsity

4YourHead is on a distinguished road
This is a very good JV tournament
Old 12-17-14, 02:34 PM
All American

Whizzer King is on a distinguished road
I would like to start off by saying how excited I am to be a part of this event as there are many great things offered at the Bowling Green Duals. First, it is very well organized. Mr. John Wagner does a fantastic job making sure everything remains smooth. Matches between teams typically flow well from round to round. I think the venue is ideal for a dual tournament as there is plenty of space to move around. Although, at times, the portable bleachers become crowded, but I am pretty sure you can bring your own fold up lawn chair if you want! Secondly, I think the competition is good for a lot of teams. Although there is an increase of wrestlers from Varsity #2 teams in recent years, these programs will field quality opponents who will eventually be household names in a couple years.

Team Breakdowns:

Avon: This is a deep division 1 team that returns district qualifiers in Carney (113), Kuchenriter (138), and Leopold (160). Although this team returns no state experience, this is a quality team that will fill all the weight classes and be a solid opponent for many teams. Certainly a top 10 team here in my opinion.

Anthony Wayne: Coach Donnally has brought this team a long way since his presence with the General grapplers and have a room of over 50 wrestlers. I can attest that these kids work hard in the room and practice at a high level. Junior Collin Keil (170) returns after winning 37 matches last year and qualifying for the D-I district before running into a buzz saw at Cleveland State. He will have a good weekend along with other district qualifiers Isenburg (138), Short (182), Thakur (220). Also providing support will be sophomore Yates at (113). I like this team to finish in the top 5. Certainly an up and coming program in NW Ohio.

Bellevue: A solid team coming out of North Central Ohio that has maintained a strong wrestling tradition for a long time. 6 district qualifiers return as well as State qualifier Luke Leonard (transfer form Fostoria). I look for Drennen (126), Adkins (138), Harris (152), Smythe (170), Vannest (220), and Moyer (285) to lead an experienced group that will battle in the middle weights. Newcomer Logan Smith (113) is off to a good start and will provide this team with a lot of balance from top to bottom. This team will have a good weekend and challenge for a top 3 spot.

Bryan: A very young team that returns no district experience. They do have some solid wrestlers in the middle of the lineup that are strong and athletic.

Bowling Green: a team with several wrestlers with experience. Although they do not return any district returners form last year, they do have some young wrestlers that won matches at the sectional last year. Look for most of their scorers to come from the middle of their line up with Patton, O'Brien and Gorris leading the way. Could be a long weekend for the home town Bobcats.

Clay: From what I understand, this will be a mix of the Green and Gold teams minus those who competed at Ironman (Stencel, Screptock, Hennamen, Koester). A very formable opponent otherwise with veterans True (106), Mondragon (132), LeValley (152), Howard (170), Witt (195). A very steady team and one of the best in NW Ohio. A top 5 finisher? Likely.

Dunbar: Dalaquan Greathouse, JuanSeay-Morland, Ei` Zayan Frost, and Jerantea Garrett

Firelands: Another team that returns no district experience that will bring a slew of young wrestlers as the majority of their line-up will consist of 11 freshamn and 11 sophomores. Hopefully a sign of good things to come out of this young squad.

Gibsonburg: 40 match winner and district qualifier Dan Henline (170) leads a Golden Bear squad that looks to rebound after only sending 2 qualifiers to the district last year. With Damian Schmeltz (138), a district qualifier a year ago, Cambell, Vasquez (145), Geary (152), Kreias (160) and Ickes (182) Gibsonburg will be competitive in the middle of the line-up.

Graham Silver: I see the Graham Falcons filling 7/8 weight classes starting at 138 thru 285. One name that will stick out will be Mario Kastl (138) 3rd place OHSAA. With his presence, I see the 138 pound weight class being one of the deepest weight classes of the tournament. Some of the names that you will not see are Stickley or anyone else with the first name Eli, no Jordans, Lawsons, or no one named Marinelli will be in BG this weekend. One thing you can count on for sure, if they are in Black and Silver, they will be a tough out. The big question is… can this team make the top 5 giving up at least 30 points right off the bat?

Harvey: This team does have some district experience in Smith (120), Brown (126), Rouer (152), and Sicker (170). This team will have trouble filling all the weights, but will be competitive in the middle of the lineup.

Maumee: With the return of state alternate Arroyo (170/182) and district qualifier Puhl (195/220), this group will also bring some other crafty veterans in Goatley (160/170) and Goyetch. A competitive team that has had some wrestlers out in the previous weeks. Let’s hope this crew is at full strength this weekend.

Otsego: A veteran team led by a good group of seniors in Soto (138), Limes(1332), Glosser(145), Tercha(160), and Zuhlsdorf (170). Soto is a 2x state qualifier and 6th place finisher at the state last year. Limes was a state alternate as a sophomore and was unable to compete last year for health issues. Glosser and Zuhlsdorf were 6th place in the district last year. A competitive team in the middle of the lineup and will be supported by a few youngsters. This team will need to continue to develop to stay competitive in the future. A top 6 finish for the Knights will be a successful weekend.

Parma Padua Franciscan: I will be straight forward and say that this team will cruise through this event with plenty of star power in DeCesare (113) a state runner up last year and making the 6th consolation round at Ironman last weekend, Paul Petras (126) a 5th place finisher OHSAA, Kyle Kaminski (152) 5th OHSAA (losing 2 very close bouts to runner-up Mossing 3-1 and Skonieczny 4-2) and McCullough (170/182) a state qualifier a year ago. This team will also be in good hands with OHSAA qualifiers Shivak (145) and Fasnacht (160/170). This team will have plenty of firepower throughout the lineup with plenty of stars leading the way.

Sandusky: A competitive group that always comes to battle with local competition. With the lose of Magheim (195) to Lorain, this team really does not have any star power and will try to look for an identity this weekend. The Bluestreaks do return district qualifier in Fuller (152/160) a strong physical wrestler. Sandusky will also bring other veterans with experience in T’wan Crankfield (126), he also goes by “Suppa-Black” (this is what his team shirt reads on the back) and Tra Jones (132).

St. Ed’s Green: What more can you say about a perennial power that has a practice room of more than 70 wrestlers? In trying to get into contact with the Eagle faithful, I was unable to identify what wrestlers they will bring. Still looking for a little more help! I am gonna go out on a limb and say that their Green team will compete for a top 3 spot.

St. Ignatius B: see above… enough said. They will compete too with a room of about 50 wrestlers. Hard telling what they will bring to BG.

Sylvania Southview: This team is led by Jared Grunberg (138/145) a returning district qualifier. When looking at last years lineup compared to last years, there are 2 other missing district qualifiers in Billings and Kapella that do not appear on the current roster. This certainly weakens their lineup as they will have a hard time filling all the weights.

Waite: Toledo City league power Waite brings back a wealth of experience in Kris Young (120), James Johnson (145), and Ramirez (160) all district qualifiers from last year. The Indians should be able to field all of the weights and do quite well this weekend. One question will be answered this weekend. Can this new up and coming program compete in this environment and has their pevious experience prepared them for this event. A lot of nice records going into the sectional last year, but some unfavorable results.

West Geauga: led by Senior Vetturnini (132) and Junior Fornaro (220), both district qualifiers a year ago, this team will bring a full squad and should compete for a top 10 spot. This big Cleveland school will be a tough opponent for the majority of the field.

Whizzer’s Prediction in order of finish

1. Parma Padua Franciscan
2. Oregon Clay
3. Bellevue
4. Whitehouse Anthony Wayne
5. St. Edward Green
6. Avon
7. St. Paris Graham Silver
8. Tontogany Otsego
9. Toledo Waite
10. St. Ignatius B
11. West Geauga
12. Maumee
13. Harvey
14. Sandusky
15. Gibsonburg
16. Firelands
17. Sylvania Southview
18. Bryan
19. Bowling Green
20. Dayton Dunbar

Last edited by Whizzer King; 12-19-14 at 10:19 AM.
Old 12-17-14, 11:11 PM
All American

Divided42 is on a distinguished road
To be fair Whizzer, I don't know the lineup Graham will throw out there for this, but you very well may see a Stickley or a Lawson out there for this. Freshman JD Stickley is a Graham backup and so is Trevor Lawson who has to be one of a very few number of wrestlers in this who has to been in a state title bout already in their career
Old 12-18-14, 09:27 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divided42 View Post
To be fair Whizzer, I don't know the lineup Graham will throw out there for this, but you very well may see a Stickley or a Lawson out there for this. Freshman JD Stickley is a Graham backup and so is Trevor Lawson who has to be one of a very few number of wrestlers in this who has to been in a state title bout already in their career
Thanks for the update Divided. The more Stickey's and Lawson's the better! I look forward to seeing some of these kids wrestle.
Old 12-18-14, 02:09 PM
All Region

Great write up whizzer....you should do one for the Frickers duals this weekend!
Old 12-18-14, 02:13 PM
All Region

If this is indeed Clays 'B' team, not sure they have the depth to go second here. If it's a mix then yes. Waite will be higher...they just placed 3rd or 4th at Hoover duals...which would be comparable to these i think. Graham , Ed's and Ignatius are the wildcards...Depends on who they bring.
Old 12-18-14, 02:20 PM
All World

Joe Daugherty is on a distinguished road
I only see 3 B teams and OC brining backups for the guys that attended the Ironman. Yet this is a B team event??
Old 12-18-14, 05:20 PM
All District

Waite did go 5-0 at the Hoover Duals beating: because of criteria they didn't get to wrestle AW in the finals Sandusky did.
Southview
Maumee
Springfield
McComb
Rossford
Old 12-18-14, 07:23 PM
All Region

Thanks for the info Waite. I know they placed. Would have liked to see them against AW. I still see them top 4-5
Old 12-18-14, 07:32 PM
All District

By what I saw AW is very tough.
Old 12-19-14, 09:26 AM
All District

Pool A
seeds
1-Padua
4-Otesgo
5-Avon
8-Maumee
9-Firelands
12-Gibsonburg
13-Southview
16-St Ignatius
17-Bryan
20-Dunbar

Firelands vs
Gibsonburg

Padua vs
Bryan

Gibsonburg vs
Dunbar

Otsego vs
Avon

Avon vs Bryan

Padua vs
Firelands

Avon vs
Firelands

Gibsonburg vs
Bryan

Padua vs
Otsego

2 Padua vs
Dunbar

St. Ignatius vs
Dunbar

Otsego vs
Firelands

Padua vs
Southview

Otsego vs
Dunbar

Maumee vs
Gibsonburg

Otsego vs
Gibsonburg

Southview vs
St. Ignatius

Avon vs
Dunbar

3 Otsego vs
Bryan

Otsego vs
Southview

Avon vs
Maumee

Gibsonburg vs
St. Ignatius

Padua vs
Gibsonburg

Avon vs
Southview

Southview vs
Dunbar

Padua vs
Avon

Maumee vs
Bryan

4 Avon vs St.
Ignatius

Avon vs
Gibsonburg

Padua vs St.
Ignatius

Firelands vs
Bryan

Firelands vs
Southview

Otsego vs St.
Ignatius

St. Ignatius vs
Bryan

Otsego vs
Maumee

Firelands vs
St. Ignatius

5 Maumee vs
Southview

Maumee vs
Firelands

Southview vs
Bryan

Maumee vs
Dunbar

Maumee vs
St. Ignatius

Bryan vs
Dunbar

Padua vs
Maumee

Firelands vs
Dunbar

Gibsonburg vs
Southview
Old 12-19-14, 09:30 AM
All District

pool B
seeds
2-Bellevue
3-AW
6-Waite
7-Clay
10-West Geauga
11-Harvey
14-Sandusky
15-St. Eds
18-Graham
19-BG

6 West Geauga
vs Harvey

Bellevue vs
Graham

Harvey vs
Bowling Green

Anthony
Wayne vs
Waite

Waite vs
Graham

Bellevue vs
West Geauga

Waite vs West
Geauga

Harvey vs
Graham

Bellevue vs
Anthony
Wayne

7 Bellevue vs
Bowling
Green

St. Edwards
vs Bowling
Green

Anthony
Wayne vs
West Geauga

Bellevue vs
Sandusky

Anthony
Wayne vs
Bowling
Green

Clay vs
Harvey

Anthony
Wayne vs
Harvey

Sandusky vs
St. Edwards

Waite vs
Bowling
Green

8 Anthony
Wayne vs
Graham

Anthony
Wayne vs
Sandusky

Waite vs Clay

Harvey vs St.
Edwards

Bellevue vs
Harvey

Waite vs
Sandusky

Sandusky vs
Bowling
Green

Bellevue vs
Waite

Clay vs
Graham

9 Waite vs St.
Edwards

Waite vs
Harvey

Bellevue vs
St. Edwards

West Geauga
vs Graham

West Geauga
vs Sandusky

Anthony
Wayne vs St.
Edwards

St. Edwards
vs Graham

Anthony
Wayne vs
Clay

West Geauga
vs St.
Edwards

10 Clay vs
Sandusky

Clay vs West
Geauga

Sandusky vs
Graham

Clay vs
Bowling
Green

Clay vs St.
Edwards

Graham vs
Bowling
Green

Bellevue vs
Clay

West Geauga
vs Bowling
Green

Harvey vs
Sandusky
Old 12-19-14, 09:34 AM
All District

Pool B looks tougher from top to bottom the A.
Old 12-19-14, 10:15 AM
All American

Quote:
Agreed
Old 12-19-14, 12:32 PM
All American

Divided42 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
That's for sure, 2 of the 3 bottom seeds in Pool B are the St Eds and Graham B teams, both will place well above their seed, Eds especially if they throw their legitimate full B team lineup out there. Anybody have rosters?
Old 12-19-14, 01:12 PM
Junior Varsity

hallmathew is on a distinguished road
How does it work after each team finishes wrestling teams in their pool? I count 9 dual meets within each pool.

Afterwards, does 1st place team from pool A cross bracket to compete with 1st team from pool B... and 2nd team with 2nd team... until 10th team competes with 10 team?
Old 12-19-14, 01:22 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallmathew View Post
Afterwards, does 1st place team from pool A cross bracket to compete with 1st team from pool B... and 2nd team with 2nd team... until 10th team competes with 10 team?
That is my understanding
Old 12-19-14, 01:44 PM
All World

Gulliotine is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Divided42 View Post
Graham's had at least 5 light weight transfers out that I know of, but I think they still have reserves through 60. You will see a Jordan. Tanner at 06 or 13.
Old 12-19-14, 05:51 PM
All Region

avnspc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulliotine View Post
Graham's had at least 5 light weight transfers out that I know of, but I think they still have reserves through 60. You will see a Jordan. Tanner at 06 or 13.
Tanner is at 120 for Mechanicsburg