Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Admin > Stow Bulldogs

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 01-16-11, 05:31 PM
All World

oldline70
2011 Football Schedule

Looks like Stow opens with North Canton Hoover this year. Should be interesting.

Also looks like Massillon is off the schedule for 2011; I believe that while it was a nice 'experiment' for Stow, I'm glad to see the Tigers on someone else's schedule in 2011 and beyond. While I liked seeing Stow take on a "big name" program, the 2 games Stow played against the Tigers in 2009 and 2010 were not competitive for the most part, and it's nice to get someone else on the schedule.

It looks like Firestone is replacing Massillon and that should be a tough game.

Parma makes what I believe is a first-ever appearance on the Bulldogs' schedule; if the 2 teams have met in the past, I am not aware of it, or it was centuries ago when they met.

Looking forward to seeing some more improvement from the Dawgs this year and here's hoping for the best.
Old 08-31-11, 11:45 AM
All District

bulldog64 is on a distinguished road
when do the open?
Old 09-02-11, 10:36 AM
All World

oldline70
bulldogs64,
I take it you are not in the area!
Stow beat NC Hoover last Friday night and takes on Kent Roosevelt tonight at Kent at 7:30.

Ron
Old 09-06-11, 06:20 AM
All World

oldline70
Stow loses to Kent Roosevelt

I'm posting this for the benefit of bulldogs64 who I think lives out of town.

Stow lost Friday night to Kent Roosevelt, 55-28. I must admit I was not there. From the score and the yardage put up by both teams, it looked like a track meet and I am guessing that like last year, KR's team had an element of speed that Stow maybe did not have. A kick return for a TD and a long int return for a TD late in the game were only a couple of the big plays that propelled the Riders to the win.

I was able to attend Stow's JV game Saturday morning and Kent looked good at the skill positions then. I can only assume it was a replay of what happened Friday night. Kent was down 6-0 at the half and broke open what looked like a close game with a couple long TD passes that broke the game wide open. Kent's receivers were able to carve up Stow's secondary pretty well and when they did make the catch, they opened up a lot of space several times. Kent's clearly got a wide open offense that can give the opposing pass D fits if it's not careful. Stow clearly did not have Kent's passing ability, at least at the JV level, and Kent seemed to move the ball thru Stow's D pretty easily. Kent ended up winning 13-6 (unless they scored on their last possesion with under a minute to play with the ball on Stow's 10-yard line, that's how it would have ended up).

Stow's a schizophrenic 1-1 heading into this week's Firestone game. After NC Hoover's lopsided loss to Louisville in Week Two (what was it, 50-7?), the Vikings do not appear to be too good this year; people on their thread are saying they may only win one game this year, and thus Stow's win over NC Hoover in Week One doesn't look as compelling or impressive as it did at the time. But we'll take it.

Now for the important thing: Stow's got new gold helmets. IMO not sure they work with last year's uniform pants and jerseys, but at least Coach Nori's trying to make a positive change! Gone are the maroon helmets with the white "S" that Stow's worn for many years.

Last edited by oldline70; 09-06-11 at 07:12 AM.
Old 09-17-11, 12:38 PM
All World

oldline70
Stow 27 Twinsburg 24

I really wish I could do a detailed write up of last night's game at Stow. I will just give my opinions of the game, though, as I do not have hard facts to back up what I do have to say.

***First of all great win by the Stow Bulldogs. They showed that 2011 is going to be a different year for the Stow football program. IMO they outhit Tburg most of the night, and altho Tburg came roaring back in the second half the edge in physicality that Stow held finally came to their favor at the end when it meant the most.

***Stow can run the ball and has a nice passing game. They've got a big, physical O line and I almost think they passed TOO much last night which is not often a complaint you hear at a high school game. I really felt Stow was moving the ball on the ground very well.

***Twinsburg seemed to be a good team as well, maybe a tad "niftier" at the skill positions than Stow, but the offensive line of Stow IMO was the difference.

Hats off to Stow; its players, fans, and everyone surrounding the program deserved the win last night. Great job.
Old 09-20-11, 09:37 AM
All World

oldline70
Stow at Mayfield 9-23-11

Stow travels to Mayfield this Friday for what I am sure will be a tough, physical game.

It's going to be interesting to see how the team fares against what is always a motivated and tough Wildcat football team. Should be a good one.
Old 10-02-11, 04:44 PM
Freshman

football44 is on a distinguished road
freshmen and jv score

Does anyone know how Stow's freshmen and jv did against Mayfield and Parma?
Old 10-04-11, 02:56 PM
All World

oldline70
Football44-
The final score of the Mayfield-Stow JV game, I don't know.
But Stow beat Parma in their JV game 26-0 this past Saturday at Stow. It was 8-0 at the half and Parma kind of self-destructed in the second half. I recall a blocked punt and some turnovers led to successive Stow TDs which enabled them to pull away in the second half and win going away.
Stow's field was a quagmire, and to steal Jackson High's theme, "I believe we need turf"!!
Old 10-08-11, 05:17 PM
All World

oldline70
Hudson 6, Stow 0

Stow loses its homecoming game to the Hudson Explorers 6-0.

Pretty close game all around. I was working the concession stand so I couldn't watch every play like I wanted to but it was a very close game with not a lot of big plays. Score was 0-0 at halftime. Hudson scored on a big run by their star, Gedeon, and Stow had it down close at Hudson's end till a turnover sealed it for the Explorers. Game could've gone either way, quite honestly.

On a JV note, Stow beat Hudson 6-0 at Hudson's new Scott Malson field. First time I've been there and it's quite nice. Can't wait for Hudson to build their new stadium hopfully next year.
Old 10-26-11, 07:32 AM
Freshman

tackleball07 is on a distinguished road
Let's see if stow can pull this off this week... Had a rough few weeks. As for your question about the Freshman I know they have had a great season so far, have had several injuries. There are several great key players on this team. Kind of excited to see them next year as they grow stronger as a team. They have an awesome defense. Offense is good too. Again some GREAT key players on this team. After talking with some of the other parents on the JV team, they are excited to have these boys as part of their unit next year. Key names to watch for joining the tough JV team are Wargo, Baranowski,MCleary,Tilhman,Markulis,Barsidy.

Let's go Stow let's bring home a win

Last edited by tackleball07; 10-26-11 at 07:42 AM.
Old 08-12-12, 03:56 PM
All Yappi

brian1227 is on a distinguished road
Stow dont look any better.
Old 10-04-12, 06:40 AM
All World

oldline70
Brian, I think you are right!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: