Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 08-16-17, 08:12 AM
All Region

Dawgpound31 is on a distinguished road
Week 1.... Niles @ Girard

Havent been able to see any practices this year

How are the Dragons looking?

Looking for Savin to lead this team and have a monster year

I think Wade is going to be tough to stop this year from Girard...

Could be a shootout !!
Sponsored Links
Old 08-16-17, 09:38 AM
All Yappi

Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
One report on girard I've heard from different people is that they are very skilled. They have high hopes. Defense is not good and their o line is average at the very best
Old 08-16-17, 11:11 AM
Junior Varsity

therock02 is on a distinguished road
Girard has gotten an awful lot of hype from media outlets this preseason for having only won 3 games last year. Sure according to their coach they get back 14 starters on offense and 13 back on defense and the waterboy is even back but are those kids coming back any good? They scored 35 pts a game and still stunk a year ago. Good thing they play Niles because no matter what talent they have there that guy will find a way to screw it up. I know everyone in valley is Mark Waid crazy and his stats are nice but he is 5-15 as a starter.
Old 08-16-17, 11:22 AM
Freshman

Nilesflash95 is on a distinguished road
Trying to keep my hopes up for this year's team, should be able to put up some points!
Old 08-16-17, 02:55 PM
Junior Varsity

vikingfan1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by therock02 View Post
Girard has gotten an awful lot of hype from media outlets this preseason for having only won 3 games last year. Sure according to their coach they get back 14 starters on offense and 13 back on defense and the waterboy is even back but are those kids coming back any good? They scored 35 pts a game and still stunk a year ago. Good thing they play Niles because no matter what talent they have there that guy will find a way to screw it up. I know everyone in valley is Mark Waid crazy and his stats are nice but he is 5-15 as a starter.
I'm a believer. He put 44pts on Labrae, 2 rushing TD, 2 passing TD, even 1 receiving TD on a halfback pass. Lots of yards passing against us. We scored 48 and were very happy to walk away with a victory.
Old 08-16-17, 05:20 PM
All American

Buckeye Elite is on a distinguished road
I'll go with girard, I don't think niles will go score for score this year
Old 08-16-17, 07:24 PM
All Region

Jaws31 is on a distinguished road
Girard at best will be .500 this year. At best. Same old scheme, same old staff. They can score but will give up a ton of points too. One of the biggest things is lack of discipline. The inmates run the asylum there and it is getting bad. They won't win tight games because of it. I think Niles wins a shootout. Their athletes are better than Girards.
Old 08-16-17, 07:27 PM
All District

ICBM is on a distinguished road
Girard downfall has been their defense the last two years. A lot of those kids were very young. Starting four and five freshmen the last two years may pay dividends this year. I'm pretty confident they will score a lot and I'm hoping they can finally come together on defense. I like Girard at home with a bunch of still young third year starters. But who knows in game one.
Old 08-16-17, 07:30 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaws31 View Post
Girard at best will be .500 this year. At best. Same old scheme, same old staff. They can score but will give up a ton of points too. One of the biggest things is lack of discipline. The inmates run the asylum there and it is getting bad. They won't win tight games because of it. I think Niles wins a shootout. Their athletes are better than Girards.
Did you go to the Trump school of how to make derogatory remarks about people. To bad you don't have the class your coach has. You are really sad.
Old 08-16-17, 07:48 PM
All District

Originally Posted by Jaws31 View Post

Labrae has lost quite a bit but should still be decent.
Girard is still Girard. Line play on both sides of the ball and a terrible coaching staff that doesn't understand the concept of playing defense will be their downfall.

Jaws31....Got a thing for Girard I guess! LOL
Old 08-16-17, 07:51 PM
All American

Girard can win this game without a doubt, stop the RB from niles and they don't have much anymore, forgetting they lost the best player in probably 10 years to graduation, and their best 2 defensive players
Old 08-16-17, 07:55 PM
Freshman

Irish03482 is on a distinguished road
Both teams are horrible I would never go to this game it's gay af they both suck horrible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-16-17, 08:18 PM
All Yappi

Nice to see you ICBM, what can you tell us about the Indians
Old 08-16-17, 08:29 PM
All Region

ideliver is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish03482 View Post
Both teams are horrible I would never go to this game it's gay af they both suck horrible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm embarrassed for your Catholic education.
Old 08-16-17, 08:47 PM
All District

Spread,
They can throw and they can catch. And more young kids will contribute. Poland scrimmage Thursday. We shall see if they have improved on defense. First three games will say it all.
Old 08-16-17, 08:51 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingfan1 View Post
I'm a believer. He put 44pts on Labrae, 2 rushing TD, 2 passing TD, even 1 receiving TD on a halfback pass. Lots of yards passing against us. We scored 48 and were very happy to walk away with a victory.
I'm glad your a believer in Tom Brady...i mean Mark Waid. They lost that game and according to the 2 mins of research I did on Joe eitel the great QB is 0-2 against LaBrae. Lets see him beat Brookfield or LaBrae or even Niles before we "believe". I have seen alot of kids put up stats for crappy teams. Talent comes and goes but good staffs find a way to make it wont when it runs low.
Old 08-16-17, 08:58 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICBM View Post
Spread,
They can throw and they can catch. And more young kids will contribute. Poland scrimmage Thursday. We shall see if they have improved on defense. First three games will say it all.
They are definitely one of the more intriguing teams in the valley this season. I am interested to hear how they fare against Poland, From what I understand have a very good squad
Old 08-16-17, 09:28 PM
All District

Quote:
I'm glad your a believer in Tom Brady...i mean Mark Waid. They lost that game and according to the 2 mins of research I did on Joe eitel the great QB is 0-2 against LaBrae. Lets see him beat Brookfield or LaBrae or even Niles before we "believe". I have seen alot of kids put up stats for crappy teams. Talent comes and goes but good staffs find a way to make it wont when it runs low.
Girard was 0-2 against a lot of people the last two years. Irrelavent old news.
Old 08-16-17, 10:26 PM
All Region

Quote:
Did you go to the Trump school of how to make derogatory remarks about people. To bad you don't have the class your coach has. You are really sad.
Nothing I say isn't true. The truth does hurt and it is hard to hear at times. Its not like I'm talking out of school or anything. At the scrimmage alone last Thursday they had a player who was told he couldn't be on the filed with his knee pads above his knees, he stormed of the field, threw his helmet that hit a teammate in the head then pouted on the bench. Nothing was said to him. Another player cussed tge coaches out during tge week and the PLAYERS voted if he could still be on the team. These are but a few examples of the lack of discipline that I'm speaking of. Juvenile comments about my so called lack of class aren't surprising.
Old 08-16-17, 10:33 PM
Junior Varsity

Not in the context of those comments. My comment is relevant until I'm proven wrong by this year's results. Girard did beat NF the last two years so cheer up, however you and two of your buddies could beat NF. The fact that this QB and coach will get to spend their four years together as being by far the largest school in the blue tier with the largest roster and so far that has produced 5-15 is what people should talk about.
Old 08-16-17, 10:34 PM
All Region

Quote:
Not in the context of those comments. My comment is relevant until I'm proven wrong by this year's results. Girard did beat NF the last two years so cheer up, until you and two of your buddies could beat NF. The fact that this QB and coach will get to spend their four years together as being by far the largest school in the blue tier with the largest roster and so far that has produced 5-15 is what people should talk about.
Amen
Old 08-16-17, 11:50 PM
Varsity

itzme is on a distinguished road
Im not sure whats so intriguing about a program that hasnt beaten Champion since 2014 but the Girard hype machine is in full throttle. Mostly due to the stat machine Marky Waid who runs 30 times & throws 30 times a game. As was said, those first 3 games will tell alot.
Old 08-17-17, 12:41 AM
All American

This will be girards chance for success the next 2 years, because when the new league starts it's gonna be bad news for them
Old 08-17-17, 02:18 PM
Junior Varsity

The 5th Season is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Spread,
Poland 35-6 over Girard. Played one half with "normal" clock rules. Girard completed quite a few passes, but also had two picks and honestly should have had four if not dropped by Poland defenders.
Old 08-17-17, 02:25 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 5th Season View Post
Poland 35-6 over Girard. Played one half with "normal" clock rules. Girard completed quite a few passes, but also had two picks and honestly should have had four if not dropped by Poland defenders.
Yikes!!! Looks like the dogs are ready for the year
Old 08-17-17, 03:01 PM
Junior Varsity

The 5th Season is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spread All Day View Post
Yikes!!! Looks like the dogs are ready for the year
Still some work to do, but yes Poland is much improved from the 4-6 of last year.
Old 08-17-17, 03:08 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 5th Season View Post
Like I have been saying, defense or lack thereof will define the Indians season.
Old 08-17-17, 06:02 PM
All American

sportster4321 is on a distinguished road
Matt whitenberger to youngstown east. Will be eligible week 6.
Old 08-17-17, 06:02 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportster4321 View Post
matt whitenberger to youngstown east. Will be eligible week 6.
east????
Old 08-17-17, 06:24 PM
All District

DCoach47 is on a distinguished road
There's no doubt that Waid will have another great season statistically, but the defense is rough. And honestly, the O-line isnt very good. I saw them multiple times last year, and he was either running for his life, or he caught the snap and let it rip. Sure, some plays were executed well up front, but few and far in between. Girard should be able to beat Newton Falls, Champion, and Campbell in the Blue, but LaBrae, Brookfield, and Liberty? I doubt it