Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 11-16-18, 08:41 PM
All Ohio

Jaws31 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Elite View Post
Canfield and Howland would fit perfectly in this league, problem is politics would never let this happen which kinda sucks.

Also jaws some schools can get negative draw with open enrollment because of east and Chaney, but Hubbard should be the school that doesnít drop at all, they have top 3 facilities In the area, along with great community support. Struthers doesnít normally get any good players through open enrollment, just some bad apple and other students who arenít involved with the football and basketball teams, also with their stadium upgrades should help them.

Is east the only team with a home field? I know YSU is an obvious choice for schools, I even remember a time Ursuline played a home game or 2 at mineral ridge which was odd. Chaney could use Struthers on a Saturday or when Struthers is away, doubt they would let the other 2 use it tho.
Hubbard should be a strong draw, especially if the win it all this year. Just be wary of Amills ability to influence and sway. There is a lot of backing from Chaney alumni too. A league like this will really help their cause.
Old 11-16-18, 08:43 PM
All World

SeeYaSometime is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Slippery View Post
The only news articles I could find on that subject came from Jan. and Apr. of 2016. They were invited by the NCL and accepted the invitations, but it doesn't appear that the member schools ever voted them in as members.

http://www.wfmj.com/story/31023954/u...ast-conference
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaws31 View Post
No, I know Mooney and Ursuline tried or had a deal (depends on who you talk to) to join the NCL a couple years back to be football only members but some of the others schools balked at the idea.
Football only is what I heard as well.
Old 11-17-18, 07:58 AM
All American

simkon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotti544 View Post
I know as long as Anarella has a voice at Fitch they will not join. Be great to put the old SVC back together, and Howland and Canfield both be independent next year would be a fit. But I doubt they will jump in
Why would Canfield suddenly decide to play the parochials again?
Canfield would not be a good fit anyways even if they weren't opposed to playing Mooney and Ursuline.
Canfield would be a good fit on the basis of enrollment and competitiveness in the Suburban League American, they would be the smallest school but likely the conference with the closest schools in both enrollment and athletes. It just would not work out logistically obviously.
Additionally it does not make sense to be in a league with schools that don't sponsor quite a few sports or don't have very strong teams.

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk
Old 11-17-18, 11:52 AM
All American

FootballQueen
Gentlemen, please stop assuming you know why Fitch won't play Ursuline. There are reasons for this of which I won't go into here.
Old 11-17-18, 01:09 PM
All American

Lep2002 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportster4321 View Post
With falling numbers Liberty is on the fast track to D7. No way they'd get involved in this league either.
Right now Liberty is towards the higher number of D6 but who knows what the future holds. There is no way they join this conference. The Leopards have teams close to them around their size that they could play. Campbell, Newton Falls, Brookfield, and Champion should remain in the schedule. Liberty plays Lakeview every year and I don't see a reason to change that. McDonald is right next to Liberty and the 2 used to play every year. McDonald stopped playing Liberty because Liberty was starting to put it on them but now that the 2 schools have similar enrollment I don't see a reason for them not to play each other. Liberty has played Crestview in the past and I believe they are on the schedule next year. Mineral Ridge is another team Liberty could schedule that is close. I also imagine Girard will be back on the schedule soon.
Old 11-17-18, 02:16 PM
All World

sportster4321 is on a distinguished road
@Lep2002. My reasoning is easy. Liberty was D3 a little over 10 years ago. Now all the way down to D6 in so little time. I don't see that trend changing. Maybe they can stay steady in D6 but I've heard they have a lot of issues contributing to the drop in numbers.
Old 11-17-18, 03:11 PM
All American

Quote:
@Lep2002. My reasoning is easy. Liberty was D3 a little over 10 years ago. Now all the way down to D6 in so little time. I don't see that trend changing. Maybe they can stay steady in D6 but I've heard they have a lot of issues contributing to the drop in numbers.
I agree. I wouldn't be surprised if Liberty combined with some other smaller school districts in the future. Liberty has a very real white flight problem. Many of their white students are leaving for other schools, notably Girard.
Old 11-17-18, 03:32 PM
All World

kingpin2010 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lep2002 View Post
Right now Liberty is towards the higher number of D6 but who knows what the future holds. There is no way they join this conference. The Leopards have teams close to them around their size that they could play. Campbell, Newton Falls, Brookfield, and Champion should remain in the schedule. Liberty plays Lakeview every year and I don't see a reason to change that. McDonald is right next to Liberty and the 2 used to play every year. McDonald stopped playing Liberty because Liberty was starting to put it on them but now that the 2 schools have similar enrollment I don't see a reason for them not to play each other. Liberty has played Crestview in the past and I believe they are on the schedule next year. Mineral Ridge is another team Liberty could schedule that is close. I also imagine Girard will be back on the schedule soon.
It would be nice to see McDonald-Liberty restart playing. They played 12 straight years and a competitive series, McDonald led 7-5 I believe. It ended at the right time as well as Liberty was starting their run of tremendous talent and McDonald was starting their down period, wouldíve been many blow-outs in a row.,
Old 11-17-18, 03:53 PM
All World

Buckeye Elite is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I think Girard has a lot to do with liberty losing enrollment
Old 11-17-18, 03:55 PM
All Yappi

Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballQueen View Post
Gentlemen, please stop assuming you know why Fitch won't play Ursuline. There are reasons for this of which I won't go into here.

Why tell us thereís reasons and then not say them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-17-18, 05:38 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
I agree. I wouldn't be surprised if Liberty combined with some other smaller school districts in the future. Liberty has a very real white flight problem. Many of their white students are leaving for other schools, notably Girard.

Thereís a reason why the white flight occurs though.

Old 11-18-18, 10:41 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spread All Day View Post
There’s a reason why the white flight occurs though.

Well that is what white flight means. White flight is white people moving to escape an area where there is an influx of minorities. Liberty started taking black kids from Youngstown (among other places) and the result of that was uneasy white families sending their kids to places like Girard.
Old 11-18-18, 10:46 AM
All American

Quote:
I think Girard has a lot to do with liberty losing enrollment
I read where Liberty lost 25% of their kindergarten class to Girard alone--almost 100% of which were white kids. And with all due respect, they aint exactly splitting the atom over at Girard.
Old 11-18-18, 12:19 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Well that is what white flight means. White flight is white people moving to escape an area where there is an influx of minorities. Liberty started taking black kids from Youngstown (among other places) and the result of that was uneasy white families sending their kids to places like Girard.

Well yeah I understand that but they arenít moving because they are minorities. The school has gotten much worse in terms of crime/ just bad kids.

Old 11-18-18, 12:28 PM
All World

sportster4321 is on a distinguished road
I would say Liberty schools being in fiscal emergency for several years now doesn't help either.
Old 11-19-18, 04:31 PM
All Yappi

EastYoungstown will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaws31 View Post
Fitch is one school that comes to mind that would do well to join. I'm just not so sure that they would though. Boardman too. I think the schools that just joined the NE8 are going to be out. That is a good home for most of them. The Polands and Canfields of the world will have nothing to do with the city schools or the parochials for that matter. Struthers....msybe???
Why would Poland and Canfield wanna play East anymore?

Struthers?

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

You should do stand up my friend.
Old 11-19-18, 04:33 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Slippery View Post
The only news articles I could find on that subject came from Jan. and Apr. of 2016. They were invited by the NCL and accepted the invitations, but it doesn't appear that the member schools ever voted them in as members.

http://www.wfmj.com/story/31023954/u...ast-conference
Yup.

that's exactly what happened.

the same schools that didn't want svsm in that league also said no to mooney and ursuline

mooney was so convinced it was a go they started maneuvering their football schedule around. then it fell through
Old 11-19-18, 04:40 PM
All Yappi

Boardman and Harding would be the only options in my eyes.

Maybe JFK?

Fitch is a no because of Ursuline.

Almost every other school in the area that is D3, D4 or D5 either refuses to play the parochials or, well, refuses to play the parochials

There is also the issue of almost all those schools either worrying about losing kids to East, Chaney, Mooney or Ursuline.

Liberty and Campbell WOULD make sense but they are just too small nowadays.
Old 11-19-18, 04:42 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
I read where Liberty lost 25% of their kindergarten class to Girard alone--almost 100% of which were white kids. And with all due respect, they aint exactly splitting the atom over at Girard.
That's why Liberty tried to pass that rule against families open enrolling their kids to other districts.

Karma really bit them something fierce
Old 11-25-18, 10:19 PM
Junior Varsity

ThaXFactor is on a distinguished road
Quote:
We (Crestview) ARE on Liberty's schedule next year, but as league opponents, not OOC.
Old 11-25-18, 11:10 PM
All Ohio

confused is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballQueen View Post
If you have the answer you should really let the rest of us in on it. Would stop all the speculation.
Old 11-26-18, 01:43 PM
All Ohio

ts1227 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to ts1227
Quote:
Originally Posted by West Branch View Post
I wouldnít think it to be out of the question if West Branch and /or Salem were to be interested in leaving the Eastern Buckeye Conference (EBC) somewhere in the future. This may be just what they are looking for.

I doubt they would consider it until the AAC fully implodes, and thereís a ground-up rebuild of conferences.
Old 11-26-18, 02:13 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ts1227 View Post
I doubt they would consider it until the AAC fully implodes, and thereís a ground-up rebuild of conferences.

The NE8 would be perfect for them.

Old 11-26-18, 03:09 PM
All Yappi

In a vacuum there are a ton of area teams that would make sense and it would be a great conference

in reality because of old grudges and general nonsense it will never happen

it will be these 4 and no more
Old 11-26-18, 04:31 PM
Varsity

cinco is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by confused View Post
If you have the answer you should really let the rest of us in on it. Would stop all the speculation.
Why can't Fitch just get over it...geez. Tired of people commenting on this over and over.
Old 11-26-18, 09:20 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spread All Day View Post
The NE8 would be perfect for them.

Kind of a lateral move... Plus, a 10 team league can be a pain, unless you split into divisions by geography or something (Mahoning division and a Trumbull/Ashtabula division). Saves the southern schools from having to haul it to Jefferson that often.
Old 11-27-18, 12:27 AM
All World

Buckeye Elite is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Kind of a lateral move... Plus, a 10 team league can be a pain, unless you split into divisions by geography or something (Mahoning division and a Trumbull/Ashtabula division). Saves the southern schools from having to haul it to Jefferson that often.
They should stay where they are, talent alone will not do them well in the NE8. The NE8 will be a dramatic difference in talent they play week to week.
Old 11-27-18, 12:55 AM
All Yappi

Quote:

Itís a step up in competition.

Old 11-27-18, 08:49 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
They should stay where they are, talent alone will not do them well in the NE8. The NE8 will be a dramatic difference in talent they play week to week.

Salem is definitely better than when they used to get regularly smoked by Niles and Poland in the MAC days, but so are Girard and Struthers. I think both them and WB would hold their own, a lot of .500ish years, which isnít exactly enticing to move.
Old 11-27-18, 09:21 AM
Varsity

bigbabycavalier is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinco View Post
Why can't Fitch just get over it...geez. Tired of people commenting on this over and over.
What sense do it make for Fitch to be in a conference with all Division IV schools and they are Division I? Logistically being in a conference with teams that don't have wrestling, bowling, tennis teams is tough for an AD.