Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Debate Forum

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 06-14-19, 05:24 PM
Go Buckeyes

Yappi will become famous soon enoughYappi will become famous soon enough
DOJ releases legal opinion supporting Treasury refusal to turn over Trump tax returns

Quote:
The Justice Department released Friday its legal opinion supporting the Treasury secretary's refusal to hand over President Donald Trump's tax returns.

Last month, House Ways and Means Committee Chairman Richard Neal issued a subpoena to Treasury and the IRS after the agencies rebuffed the Democrat's request for six years of the President's personal and business tax returns. Neal is invoking a little-known provision of the tax code which states the Treasury Secretary "shall furnish" the committee with the return information.
Read more:
https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/14/polit...rns/index.html
Sponsored Links
Old 06-14-19, 05:37 PM
All World

hubman is on a distinguished road
I think the Returns are just a red herring anyway. If there was anything blatantly illegal in them I think an IRS worker would have pressed that already. Anything that may be considered embarrassing is moot because his supporters will not care and his detractors already think have their view.
Old 06-14-19, 06:40 PM
All Yappi

Harrycrane is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by hubman View Post
I think the Returns are just a red herring anyway. If there was anything blatantly illegal in them I think an IRS worker would have pressed that already. Anything that may be considered embarrassing is moot because his supporters will not care and his detractors already think have their view.
What would possibly be embarrassing about a man who claimed he was worth 9 billion dollars? Never mind .
Old 06-14-19, 06:42 PM
All Yappi

BlueJayFan is on a distinguished road
What a total surprise!
Old 06-14-19, 08:48 PM
All Yappi

zeeman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJayFan View Post
What a total surprise!
Elections have consequences
Old 06-14-19, 10:26 PM
All World

Indiandad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrycrane View Post
What would possibly be embarrassing about a man who claimed he was worth 9 billion dollars? Never mind .
I'm sure you aren't aware so I'll break it to you. No where in a tax return does it ask for your net worth. Net worth and Income are completely different things.

You're Welcome.
Old 06-16-19, 12:13 AM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeeman View Post
Elections have consequences
lol
Old 06-16-19, 03:47 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiandad View Post
I'm sure you aren't aware so I'll break it to you. No where in a tax return does it ask for your net worth. Net worth and Income are completely different things.

You're Welcome.
Trump is fighting hard for all aspects of his financial information to stay secret. I think tax returns tell part of the story. Trump
Is a braggart and a conman . Many reasons including less in the till than he claims and has claimed . It is peopleís business how the President has conducted his business for transparency reasons . So other than the lame ď itís no ones businessĒ reply many if you fanboys spew what is your reason for his hiding his financials including the only president in half a century to not do so ?
Old 06-16-19, 08:34 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Trump is fighting hard for all aspects of his financial information to stay secret. I think tax returns tell part of the story. Trump
Is a braggart and a conman . Many reasons including less in the till than he claims and has claimed . It is peopleís business how the President has conducted his business for transparency reasons . So other than the lame ď itís no ones businessĒ reply many if you fanboys spew what is your reason for his hiding his financials including the only president in half a century to not do so ?
He is the POTUS, he can do anything he wants. All heil the Trumpster
Old 06-16-19, 08:56 AM
All Yappi

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeeman View Post
He is the POTUS, he can do anything he wants. All heil the Trumpster
Time will tell if this is sustainable . He has some Teflon qualities no question but for how long? He thinks he can do whatever he wants and us above the law and has an AG that agrees with that thought . We have seems many Trump appointees fall by the way side though . Barr may reach a point where he says ď screw itĒ I canít keep this up .
Old 06-16-19, 09:09 AM
All World

Happygoluckky is on a distinguished road
Bend the Knee!!!
Old 06-16-19, 11:29 AM
All World

Indiandad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I for one would not disclose financials to the world if I was in his position. He has many competitors that would love to know what his strengths and weaknesses are so that they may exploit them.

I'd say that's a pretty solid reason to not disclose any unnecessary information.

Besides that Congress has proven that they are incapable of confidentiality. They would gladly leak any parts they felt would advantages to them.

As an aside, I'm not surprised that in 3 years you haven't thought of this angle. It only shows how reclusive and narrow minded your "vast experiences" have left you.
Old 06-16-19, 11:45 AM
All World

Quote:
I for one would not disclose financials to the world if I was in his position. He has many competitors that would love to know what his strengths and weaknesses are so that they may exploit them.

I'd say that's a pretty solid reason to not disclose any unnecessary information.

Besides that Congress has proven that they are incapable of confidentiality. They would gladly leak any parts they felt would advantages to them.

As an aside, I'm not surprised that in 3 years you haven't thought of this angle. It only shows how reclusive and narrow minded your "vast experiences" have left you.
Do you have this position for all government positions? or just Trump/potus?
Old 06-16-19, 11:46 AM
All American

gneiss rocks is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Does anyone doubt that you could randomly pick 100 business the size of Trumps and the Dems would find Russian collusion, tax evasion, fraud, and at least 5 other things that they would claim as impeachable for in every single one without exception?

The media is all in for the dems and would spin this until half the drooling masses believed Trump did something wrong...how stupid would Trump be if he played their game?
Old 06-16-19, 11:55 AM
All Yappi

I am talking about following court orders and following precedent which he said he would do.

I didn’t suggest he just discuss his finances on a whim. Conflicts of interest seems to be a huge potential problem ( adding in financial felon legacy Kishner) and his reliance on only foreign banks and his recent cash transactions he is hiding ? I will predict you don’t know much about his story or ignore it finding lame brain excuses for his being a financial conman .

I look forward to your continued inane excuses and rationalizations .
, .
Old 06-16-19, 11:58 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by gneiss rocks View Post
Does anyone doubt that you could randomly pick 100 business the size of Trumps and the Dems would find Russian collusion, tax evasion, fraud, and at least 5 other things that they would claim as impeachable for in every single one without exception?

The media is all in for the dems and would spin this until half the drooling masses believed Trump did something wrong...how stupid would Trump be if he played their game?
So every bodys doing it. Got it. Carter sold his peanut farm. (put in a trust) Even Nixon divested most of his assets. Trump has well surpassed the Clintons and any norms of grifting.....
Old 06-16-19, 11:59 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
I am talking about following court orders and following precedent which he said he would do.

I didnít suggest he just discuss his finances on a whim. Conflicts of interest seems to be a huge potential problem ( adding in financial felon legacy Kishner) and his reliance on only foreign banks and his recent cash transactions he is hiding ? I will predict you donít know much about his story or ignore it finding lame brain excuses for his being a financial conman .

I look forward to your continued inane excuses and rationalizations .
, .
Donít really care how he made his money, why do you? It has absolutely nothing to do with the amazing job he is doing as the POTUS
Old 06-16-19, 12:10 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happygoluckky View Post
So every bodys doing it. Got it. Carter sold his peanut farm. (put in a trust) Even Nixon divested most of his assets. Trump has well surpassed the Clintons and any norms of grifting.....

My point exactly. You have not seen them.
Doing what? "Does not matter Trump is guilty!"
Would you rather our government leaders get rich before they become a politician or after? Which method would without question be more destructive to our country?
Old 06-16-19, 12:19 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by gneiss rocks View Post
My point exactly. You have not seen them.
Doing what? "Does not matter Trump is guilty!"
Would you rather our government leaders get rich before they become a politician or after? Which method would without question be more destructive to our country?
The problem is during...
Old 06-16-19, 12:31 PM
All Region

Belly35 is on a distinguished road
demanding tax returns and throwing a bunch of crap up against the wall to see what sticks by the Democrats is just avoiding more and more issues that they have been ignoring for years and years and years personally I think the biggest issue right now that we need to face in America is we need to have Congress and Senate on term limits let's get rid of the career politicians and get down to politicians who care about America
Old 06-16-19, 12:33 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happygoluckky View Post
The problem is during...
Sorry you have been lied to!
He is not only donating his salary he is sacrificing his empire for our country...he is a true patriot.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chasewi.../#377750d25ba4

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: